Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is just a small suggestion, but could there possibly be some kind of bonus for whoever is the champion at the end of an arc?
I'm opposed to this because of the nature of Witchwood itself. The Champion is just the person who is winning at any given time. So why is it better to be the Champion at the end of the arc, vs at the beginning?

Reactions: RuckenTM and Akuma

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As such, one's first win is worth 500 Kumi, their second is worth 1,500 Kumi, their third worth 3,500, the fourth is worth 7,500 Kumi, and the fifth is worth 10,000 Kumi. Beyond the fifth win, participants are rewarded with a linear addition of 2,000 Kumi to their winningsl; 12,000 (6), 14,000 (7), 16,000 (8), and so on. To clarify, this is not a cumulative sum (16,000 + 14,000...), but is one sum awarded after the Champion's streak ends (ex. one who wins 5 times in a row will earn 10,000 Kumi).

Reactions to this? You aren't really supposed to be able to walk into Witchwood and walk out with Yin-Yang. The prizes reflect this.
Alright this is nice indeed. I'm definitely joining

Akuma

Legendary
Kin
279💸
Kumi
803💴
Trait Points
46⚔️
I'm opposed to this because of the nature of Witchwood itself. The Champion is just the person who is winning at any given time. So why is it better to be the Champion at the end of the arc, vs at the beginning?
I agree with you Drackos, this is definitely a cool idea with a fair system so count me in

Delta

Banned
Legendary
Kin
1,422💸
Kumi
8,893💴
Trait Points
39⚔️
You could do it slightly different, even though this time line is gunna sound....ridiculous. You could have it as an end of year talley, the person with the most "championships" are the end of the year/final arc of the year, could be rewarded.If two people are tied, could have a sudden death kind of thing as well. Somewhat promotes activity, but at the same time, gives incentive to try win. If you combined this possbility with the flexible rules of WWA per arc, could make an interesting end of year dyanmic.

As for the X kumi =Y wins, im on the fence personally. Im mostly against anything that will inheriantly bring out more pettiness in a battle, even though WWA is meant to be, as you've said "blood thirsty" i still think we should try deviate away from the whole, "get a win get an instant reward" mentality, as it just makes people uglier than usual. Personally, i wouldnt mind see WWA rewards similar to tournament, where the prizes are hidden until the end. Could run it as a trial, see how active people are without knowing the rewards. Me personally, i like the idea of aiming for a reward i know nothing about, because end of the day, we know we wont get shafted, so it adds another dynamic, for me personally at least.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You could do it slightly different, even though this time line is gunna sound....ridiculous. You could have it as an end of year talley, the person with the most "championships" are the end of the year/final arc of the year, could be rewarded.If two people are tied, could have a sudden death kind of thing as well. Somewhat promotes activity, but at the same time, gives incentive to try win. If you combined this possbility with the flexible rules of WWA per arc, could make an interesting end of year dyanmic.

As for the X kumi =Y wins, im on the fence personally. Im mostly against anything that will inheriantly bring out more pettiness in a battle, even though WWA is meant to be, as you've said "blood thirsty" i still think we should try deviate away from the whole, "get a win get an instant reward" mentality, as it just makes people uglier than usual. Personally, i wouldnt mind see WWA rewards similar to tournament, where the prizes are hidden until the end. Could run it as a trial, see how active people are without knowing the rewards. Me personally, i like the idea of aiming for a reward i know nothing about, because end of the day, we know we wont get shafted, so it adds another dynamic, for me personally at least.
Well anyone that wins, even once, is a champion. I am going to make a leaderboard thread; at the moment it's just going to be a leaderboard that lets people flex their winstreaks. But I might have some purpose for it later on as an end of the year/end of long arc kind of thing.

And as for the second thing - honestly people are going to be competitive no matter what. And I'd argue it'd be even worse if the prizes were hidden because then people have higher expectations. At least this way its just transparent Kumi, and there's no penalty for losing unless you already have a long win streak.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I have an off topic question about a specialty.

With the apex Kenjutsu, allowing the user to use 2 sword based cw.
Do they have to be sword based? Eg can you just use two cw?
Does a Cali sword count towards this? I know the rules state you cannot use a cw the same match you use cali sword, but if you had apex kenjutsu could you use this?

Ideally if I could use my cw armour, and a cali sword as long as i have apex kenjutsu it would be more appealing.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's worth noting that nothing is ever so perfect that it isn't worth discussing potential improvements, changes and additions that can be made to it, which I believe is Howard's perspective as well. It is possible for anyone to achieve what they want as he was pointing out, given a bit of elbow grease and a nose to grind for kumi accumulation. But does that make it the ideal system that anyone or everyone could adopt willingly and enjoy or feel fulfilled from utilizing? I'd be willing to wager that's not the case. Though it could be said there will always be "that one person" that sees every possible model that way, I think it's always a good idea to explore these subjects openly and discuss them as a community like you have been, so there's never a missed opportunity for a potential idea that could make it better for everyone involved. ✌
I simply shared what my impressions were as someone from "the outside" still looking at the RP with a "perspective of old". Sharing an impression or opinion is where people might get information needed to change.

I'm only a volunteer, being a mod doesn't mean shit, so many people can beat me in battles, run circles around me in coding a biography, make better customs than me, use abilities head and shoulders above my skill level, and many other things that instantly make my mod status pointless. I'm a mod because I wanted to volunteer my time and effort to make the NW a better place. Nothing more, nothing less.

The questions I asked were serious, in regard to seeing how fast returning players think the system should be moving or what changes you feel need to be made. I don't see ways to make it even faster as I mentioned, because if someone does everything they can, it cuts the time down significantly, if you do and can explain I'm down to listen.

My main goal was to explain why I don't see it as slow, and instead see it as dynamic with people able to get basic sage, Yin, Yang or a Children of Tiamat biography in 1-3 months or able to get Medical Ninjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kaito's taijutsu, Sage Mode, Poison Release or other abilities that used to take forever in a much neater and shorter timespan.

From what I've seen @Arthorius is another example of someone on the biography template grind. his shop here is booming.

Yes, when a new player starts out, they'll have to pick their niche abilities, but in like 1 year, if they play constantly and actively they'll be able to have a biography that rivals currently active people, and when I say starting I'm talking about the fresh Academy Student who had to start from the ground up @Red-Robin is an example of that notion in progress and I keep calling back to him because I've seen him go from Academy Student to on the cusp of jounin in 4 months, and I've seen him gather up good abilities that he has fun with. I'm not better than anyone else, especially taking into consideration the various flaws I have, I was just active. You are more than entitled to your opinion my guy, mine could even be wrong, I'm merely trying to explain why my own opinion, as someone who saw the kumi system from the start, and participated in it as a normal member differs from yours.

I personally feel there needs to be something to keep them here. If they can get everything they want in 1-2 months there would be no point to stick around amassing abilities for that year to get them into actually roleplaying and engaging the systems. It all comes down to how well, and how actively you play the game. Do you want to grind for weeks, to get the pinnacle of strength? Or do you want to walk through and gain things with time and persistence? Either way is valid, but to say, that the system isn't there or that it isn't a flowing, and moving thing feels wrong, merely because of how quickly and adaptively the system can be used in various ways to meet each individual's end goal in the time span that is tailored directly by their activity.

Btw, anytime I say "you" I'm using it to refer to a new or returning roleplayers in general, not you specifically.
As a mod, you are a cut above the rest. Even if you don't see it yourself, you are a top RPear. To be a mod you need to understand the RP better than most and you need to have some field which you have dominion over that others dont. Its not just being a volunteer. Modship isn't about power. It should have never been. Its about contribute. This RPG is and forever will be under construction. So mods don't simply moderate the RPG; they build it. Because of that they need to be a cut above the rest. How would you manage to build a syustem you wouldn't fully master yourself? Its not about power but it is about knowledge. And you do have more than most or otherwise you wouldn't be able to do your job.

Likewise, my role as a member is not to give answers but ask questions and give my impressions. If they are valid or not is something you as a mod decides based on your aforementioned knowledge. Answers are given by mods. Its the staff the works in the RP and builds it. Sure, we can give suggestions and they might be intorduced, but at the end of the day, mods filter the feedback and see what makes sense or not. Like you did in this case.

I don't have answers. I don't have suggestions. I shared my impression of the system and you replied as to why that impression didn't make sense. You did what you should have done. :)

Also, time investment VS results has ALWAYS been an issue in the RP. Be it training gateway, ability gateway, custom gateway, etc. There was always a part of the RP that made progression slow. It might never have a solution.

I gave my input, which as a member its my duty to do. You gave me your udnerstanding as to why things are the way they are and explained the system better to me. Which is what you should do. This is how it should be done in my perspectve. When I said you were a mod and thus if you said it was all working as intended, I didn't meant it in a bad way. I meant it in a "you know what thesystem should be doing and if its accomplishing it so if you say its working ok, it must be" kind of way. :)

• Love
Reactions: RuckenTM

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Well anyone that wins, even once, is a champion. I am going to make a leaderboard thread; at the moment it's just going to be a leaderboard that lets people flex their winstreaks. But I might have some purpose for it later on as an end of the year/end of long arc kind of thing.

And as for the second thing - honestly people are going to be competitive no matter what. And I'd argue it'd be even worse if the prizes were hidden because then people have higher expectations. At least this way its just transparent Kumi, and there's no penalty for losing unless you already have a long win streak.
Will we be seeing you in WW though?

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Even worse for me, he used my fkn bio -.-, his copy of my bio is stronger than my fkin bio
Lmao come on now, it’s not that stronger
Id like to see the removal of "not being challenged for a while gives you prizes" mechanic, jsut because if someone sits in there while the entire world is doing an arc/tournament, then well its kinda just cheap/hollow victory
Yeah, generally the conditions are taken into consideration

Delta

Banned
Legendary
Kin
1,422💸
Kumi
8,893💴
Trait Points
39⚔️
Lmao come on now, it’s not that stronger

Yeah, generally the conditions are taken into consideration
Umm, did you miss the part about it only being interacted with YY, the one thing i dont have? He made my bio stronger than my bio by summoning it rofl

I just fought a Jinchuuriki that was same rank as me, what're you on about? Oh right you're a meme..
Oh right, yeah, the guy who only has lava and a jinchuuriki against your stacked Hiruko bio, sorry, lemme rephrase my statement

"Wow, you're actually going to fight someone who can fight back? 2020 wildin"

better princess?

• Wow

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Umm, did you miss the part about it only being interacted with YY, the one thing i dont have? He made my bio stronger than my bio by summoning it rofl

Oh right, yeah, the guy who only has lava and a jinchuuriki against your stacked Hiruko bio, sorry, lemme rephrase my statement

"Wow, you're actually going to fight someone who can fight back? 2020 wildin"

better princess?
My Hiruko is how i built it, deal with it. If someone doesn't want to fight it they can always decline. You just seem to be a very sour individual but i ain't gonna stoke the fire you wanted to create between us for no reason ;).