RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
I would go the CC route but the clan would only have low amount of jutsus. Fuuinjutsu? How would that work lol? Inuzuka clan and Sage Transformation could actually work. Let me work on this bio and drop Oro real quick. Thanks bro
Creating a seal that seals animalistic nature into the human body and with advanced medical ninjutsu Fuinjutsu one can alter themselves to become like that one movie...(forgot the name, its where the guy has multiple personalities that affect his body turning to the 'beast')

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Creating a seal that seals animalistic nature into the human body and with advanced medical ninjutsu Fuinjutsu one can alter themselves to become like that one movie...(forgot the name, its where the guy has multiple personalities that affect his body turning to the 'beast')
?

Erzo

Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest something that's personally motivated by a gripe that I have.
For years I've been an enthusiast for a select few abilities, but each time I come back to the RP I end up feeling like that's a massive setback instead of a reward.
For a solid three years now I've been hearing it constantly - 'get a better bio'. Thing is, I don't want a 'better' bio, I want my bio. I made this bio for a reason - and that reason is that it's mine. My stuff. My style. My vision.
To me, that's what matters most, but I don't want to suffer for it. However, pragmatism demands that if there's a ceiling, I bail out and start working towards a bio that won't make me suffer...
And what does that entail? Farming kumi for a Six Paths bio or CoT?

I care for neither, but it would be silly for me not to when they offer the raw stats and power ceiling that paves the way back to the top of meta competitive.

And before you say customs...been there. Done that. It doesn't work. They get changed, limitations are set, you're arbitrarily barred from exploring avenues that are supported by the manga and should be open to you, or maybe you even get trolled by the manga itself, and when all is said and done you'll get a pat on the back and told that 'This is as far as it goes'

It's a shit feeling, and I'm tired of it. If this is some new era for the RP, and new era for the NW, then I don't see why it isn't facilitating a new era so that no ability, no matter how low a tier or canonically underdeveloped it is, is left obsolete in the face of tier 5.

Of course, this shouldn't come free. And it shouldn't come on a silver platter. But, in the right hands, small changes can lead to much, much bigger things, and I think that should be better supported.
There seems to be this massive Mod list of 'shit that's not allowed' - for whatever reason - but I propose that that list is taken, and introduced as acquirable traits or perks that can be worked towards in the RP - just as we can currently work towards tier 5 bios themselves.

Off the top of my head, examples would be things like;
Animals being able to consume pills
Additional/stronger custom breeds for Inuzuka/Aburamae
Liquid/gaseous steel
Blast that can work beyond contact, either through custom mediums or in the way Drackos had it set up before.
+30 to an affinity

And whatever, else, I'm sure the list could be extensive and allot for a variety of pre-set, and even user-submitted options.
But the end goal would be that, with the right set up, the right approach, a steady work towards and the right decisions, any bio can become a 'tier 5' bio.

And your bio, can be your vision.
Not a pre-wrapped package that you punch out of a vending machine.

WW fights could be good for this, thematically and functionally.
Lol @ bold, @Drackos had a whole different set up

i do like the idea tho, everyone normally starts off on the 'lower' level clans but ends up changing their shit cos theres only so far they can go

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Missions produce it, battling produces it, tournaments produce it, then there are things that move it around like trading, purchasing etc. Finally, it's destroyed when it's spent on abilities through the shop. The same way a mint produces money, people earn it through work and then by buying goods and services they move it around until it returns to the mint to be destroyed.

You stated "You want the economy to move and by dynamic. Atm, it seems it isn't." Which was what I was replying to. It does move, it is dynamic. People trade all the time @Red-Robin is an example of this. He's gradually gaining the abilities he wants by diversifying. He roleplays in the NW, he battles in the BA, he makes biography templates, he's making and selling customs. He basically bought Poison Release by making me a dope biography, before that he got himself Medical Ninjutsu by doing missions. He earned that kumi with a skill not directly related to the NW to obtain Poison Release, and he used his activity in the NW to gain Medical Ninjutsu. The methods are there. People need to interact with them, you can do it as fast or as slow as you want. There is no wall in your way but your own willingness to perform a profitable function.

What about the economy doesn't seem dynamic? What can be improved? I don't see anything, because I really enjoy it and like this system. Activity in any manner or form can get you what you want. I mentioned all the ways, reiterating would be pointless. As I mentioned, I don't think you saw all the ways possible to gain kumi. Which is normal, you're returning. You're not expected to know all of the rule changes. You remember when training used to take 6 months for a single element? When permissions were only given out to those who were "good enough" "skilled enough" or "strong enough?"

Tackle what? What other ways do you think there needs to be, to produce kumi? A completely new player can intuitively learn the elements, without training with a sensei, gaining abilities as they rank up. They can rank up through missions or battles, or both at the same time to make it faster. They can gain abilities rather quickly, in my examples, they could get Medical Ninjutsu by selling 1 CJ slot, by making 1 biography for a friend, by performing 5 A-rank missions ( like 3 S-rank missions ) or by winning 10 battles. They can even bet kumi on battles, they can gamble their way to more kumi against others.

There are numerous ways to gain kumi as stated. Everything you do can be monetized in some way if you want to.

We agree. Power creep happens. I'm not saying it doesn't.

I didn't take it as criticism, because I didn't even make or partake in the creation of the kumi system. I'm just someone who saw how easy it was to finally have a way to access what I wanted for years. I wasn't "good enough" "smart enough" or "liked enough" in the era of permissions to get the abilities that were gated. Though with the kumi system I was able to get Yin-Yang, the full thing, + Fuuin in one year, that means anyone can that's nearly 100k kumi worth of abilities. How fast do you feel people should be able to obtain abilities? Using @Red-Robin again for example as I know what he's been doing, he has been rp'ing for like 3-4 months now I believe starting from scratch and has Medical Ninjutsu an ability that took me 5 years to get permission for in the old system. He got Poison Release in that same timeframe,e he has goals and is working toward them, and they are attainable, which I feel is great. When I posted all those methods I was trying to explain the various ways anyone could obtain kumi and why the system is dynamic.

As a returning player, you may not see them all, or see how fast kumi moves, how fast it gets made in one mission, or production method, then traded in a CJ trade, or bio exchange and then destroyed in a purchase. I got back mod pay, another way kumi is produced, same with sensei pay, the next day I asked someone to make me a bio, the day after it was done, I paid what was owed by agreeing and 3-4 days later the kumi exchange post was checked, Red-Robin bought his ability and that kumi was already destroyed. It happened in a week or less. There are outlets for creatives, for traders, for gamblers, for storytellers, for fighters, and even for the social butterfly who can just talk friends into giving them their kumi for things it's not worth.
Well, you're a mod and have been here for ages and never really left. You've been here to see it all. For those reasons you know more than me and certainly better than me :) If you think the system is good, it means its good.

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, you're a mod and have been here for ages and never really left. You've been here to see it all. For those reasons you know more than me and certainly better than me :) If you think the system is good, it means its good.
I think it's worth noting that nothing is ever so perfect that it isn't worth discussing potential improvements, changes and additions that can be made to it, which I believe is Howard's perspective as well. It is possible for anyone to achieve what they want as he was pointing out, given a bit of elbow grease and a nose to grind for kumi accumulation. But does that make it the ideal system that anyone or everyone could adopt willingly and enjoy or feel fulfilled from utilizing? I'd be willing to wager that's not the case. Though it could be said there will always be "that one person" that sees every possible model that way, I think it's always a good idea to explore these subjects openly and discuss them as a community like you have been, so there's never a missed opportunity for a potential idea that could make it better for everyone involved. ✌

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm only a volunteer, being a mod doesn't mean shit, so many people can beat me in battles, run circles around me in coding a biography, make better customs than me, use abilities head and shoulders above my skill level, and many other things that instantly make my mod status pointless. I'm a mod because I wanted to volunteer my time and effort to make the NW a better place. Nothing more, nothing less.

The questions I asked were serious, in regard to seeing how fast returning players think the system should be moving or what changes you feel need to be made. I don't see ways to make it even faster as I mentioned, because if someone does everything they can, it cuts the time down significantly, if you do and can explain I'm down to listen.

My main goal was to explain why I don't see it as slow, and instead see it as dynamic with people able to get basic sage, Yin, Yang or a Children of Tiamat biography in 1-3 months or able to get Medical Ninjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Kaito's taijutsu, Sage Mode, Poison Release or other abilities that used to take forever in a much neater and shorter timespan.

From what I've seen @Arthorius is another example of someone on the biography template grind. his shop here is booming.

Yes, when a new player starts out, they'll have to pick their niche abilities, but in like 1 year, if they play constantly and actively they'll be able to have a biography that rivals currently active people, and when I say starting I'm talking about the fresh Academy Student who had to start from the ground up @Red-Robin is an example of that notion in progress and I keep calling back to him because I've seen him go from Academy Student to on the cusp of jounin in 4 months, and I've seen him gather up good abilities that he has fun with. I'm not better than anyone else, especially taking into consideration the various flaws I have, I was just active. You are more than entitled to your opinion my guy, mine could even be wrong, I'm merely trying to explain why my own opinion, as someone who saw the kumi system from the start, and participated in it as a normal member differs from yours.

I personally feel there needs to be something to keep them here. If they can get everything they want in 1-2 months there would be no point to stick around amassing abilities for that year to get them into actually roleplaying and engaging the systems. It all comes down to how well, and how actively you play the game. Do you want to grind for weeks, to get the pinnacle of strength? Or do you want to walk through and gain things with time and persistence? Either way is valid, but to say, that the system isn't there or that it isn't a flowing, and moving thing feels wrong, merely because of how quickly and adaptively the system can be used in various ways to meet each individual's end goal in the time span that is tailored directly by their activity.

Btw, anytime I say "you" I'm using it to refer to a new or returning roleplayers in general, not you specifically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthorius

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most of the current rewards can be purchased directly with Kumi. What is the issue with interchanging them?
I think Kumi and perhaps artifacts would be nice for the witchwood area instead of abilities. Kumi can be used to buy abilities and overall is a more versatile reward. It can be used to buy customs and helps to feed the RP economy. An artifacts can present unique rewards that help draw people into the arena. Each round in the arena can reward a set amount of kumi depending on the round they are in, and every few rounds can give an artifact that ranks up as the fights continue, each continuing round can forfeit half the previous round's reward or something like that.. Maybe even like unique specialties not found in the list, or the ability to have an extra specialty in the bio used.

for example:

round 1: 500 Kumi
round 2: 1000 Kumi + D-rank artifact
round 3: 1500 Kumi
round 4: 2000 Kumi + C-rank artifact
round 5: 2500 Kumi
round 6: 3000 Kumi + B-rank artifact
round 7: 3500 Kumi + Extra specialty
round 8: 4000 Kumi + A-rank artifact
round 9: 4500 Kumi
round 10: 5000 Kumi + S-rank artifact
round 11: 5500 Kumi + Unique specialty
round 12: 6000 Kumi + F-rank artifact

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think Kumi and perhaps artifacts would be nice for the witchwood area instead of abilities. Kumi can be used to buy abilities and overall is a more versatile reward. It can be used to buy customs and helps to feed the RP economy. An artifacts can present unique rewards that help draw people into the arena. Each round in the arena can reward a set amount of kumi depending on the round they are in, and every few rounds can give an artifact that ranks up as the fights continue, each continuing round can forfeit half the previous round's reward or something like that.. Maybe even like unique specialties not found in the list, or the ability to have an extra specialty in the bio used.

for example:

From what he's said, rare artifacts are going to be some of the prizes for the Dark Tower iirc.

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We have to have a rematch when the renovated arena is complete. >.> lol
LOL. I'm down for it. Though it might be way more challenging if u use your hayabusa bio <.>
Most of the current rewards can be purchased directly with Kumi. What is the issue with interchanging them?
Because I believe i'd need a lot of Ws to actually purchase Tier 5 things like Yin or yang compared to winning like 6 fights for MS. This all under the assumption that a single win will give you 1k Kumi or less tbh.

Venom

Legendary
Kin
2,911💸
Kumi
3,679💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

for example:

You know how hard it would be to even get 5 wins in a row? Lol its not like we have much of a grace period to rest or heal after fights. I remember with the old WWA as one fight ends you go right into another. This makes it more challenging tbh. Which is fun.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As such, one's first win is worth 500 Kumi, their second is worth 1,500 Kumi, their third worth 3,500, the fourth is worth 7,500 Kumi, and the fifth is worth 10,000 Kumi. Beyond the fifth win, participants are rewarded with a linear addition of 2,000 Kumi to their winningsl; 12,000 (6), 14,000 (7), 16,000 (8), and so on. To clarify, this is not a cumulative sum (16,000 + 14,000...), but is one sum awarded after the Champion's streak ends (ex. one who wins 5 times in a row will earn 10,000 Kumi).

Reactions to this? You aren't really supposed to be able to walk into Witchwood and walk out with Yin-Yang. The prizes reflect this.