[Discussion] What is a Swordsman in One Piece?

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
A swordsman is a fighter whose main source of power comes from their swordplay. This doesn't apply if you're Shanks though, Shanks is a hakisman :lmao:
These *****s make Shanks sound like Supah Hot Fire. If oda draw his duel with Mihawk, the last panel gonna be him looking at hte camera and going "But I'm not a swordsman."

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Law's swordsmanship was stalemated by a man with a jitte who isn't a swordsman, good point. So in what way is Law not more skilled with his DF than in swordplay? Laws power comes from his fruits ability to modify his swordsmanship
Law's usage of his DF techniques(Chambres and Takt to erect pillars) weren't any more effective at halting Smoker than clashing with his sword was though. Smoker had to engage him with a surprise attack that made Law unable to engage him with his main fighting style(Sword+DF as one), forcing him to fight him with his DF and sword separately, and neither halted Smoker any more than the other until Mes.

Can you not count or do you try to slide that shit on purpose? Mes, Shambles, Takt, Gamma Knife, Counter Shock. That's 5 that are purely hand
That's what I said *****. 11 techniques, 6 of which require his sword. Five that don't. What's 6 plus five *****? Asking me if I can count and shit. foh lmfao
6 if we count Room which we absolutely do since it's the core of his offense. Sterben is a form of Takt. Radio Knife is Counter Shock incorporated into a slash. That's 7(8) hand based skills, 2 of which he uses in conjunction with his sword. Without Room Amputate is just a regular slash.
Uh, no. Sterben and Radio Knife count as their own techniques. Especially since what Radio Knife does is not at all what Counter Shock does(one damages with energy, the other prevents things cut from reattaching the way things can reattach when Amputated).

Sterben does the damage via sword, so it counts as one of his swordplay moves. Same with Radio Knife's effect.

Mes, Chambres, Takt, Counter Shock, and Gamma Knife are the only ones that aren't used with his sword. Takt and Chambres are used with complimentary usage of his sword, so they're DQ'd from being part of his arsenal that is fully used without a sword. That leaves only Counter Shock, Mes and Gamma Knife that as the only things Law fights with without using complimenting them with his sword in some way. Even Room doesn't count since the most of Room is made via the sword.

Law's swordsmanship was stalemated by a man with a jitte who isn't a swordsman, good point. So in what way is Law not more skilled with his DF than in swordplay? Laws power comes from his fruits ability to modify his swordsmanship
Law's usage of his DF techniques(Chambres and Takt to erect pillars) weren't any more effective at halting Smoker than clashing with his sword was though. Smoker had to engage him with a surprise attack that made Law unable to engage him with his main fighting style(Sword+DF as one), forcing him to fight him with his DF and sword separately, and neither halted Smoker any more than the other until Mes.

Can you not count or do you try to slide that shit on purpose? Mes, Shambles, Takt, Gamma Knife, Counter Shock. That's 5 that are purely hand
That's what I said *****. 11 techniques, 6 of which require his sword. Five that don't. What's 6 plus five *****? Asking me if I can count and shit. foh lmfao
6 if we count Room which we absolutely do since it's the core of his offense. Sterben is a form of Takt. Radio Knife is Counter Shock incorporated into a slash. That's 7(8) hand based skills, 2 of which he uses in conjunction with his sword. Without Room Amputate is just a regular slash.
Uh, no. Sterben and Radio Knife count as their own techniques. Especially since what Radio Knife does is not at all what Counter Shock does(one damages with energy, the other prevents things cut from reattaching the way things can reattach when Amputated).

Sterben does the damage via sword, so it counts as one of his swordplay moves. Same with Radio Knife's effect.

Mes, Chambres, Takt, Counter Shock, and Gamma Knife are the only ones that aren't used with his sword. Takt and Chambres are used with complimentary usage of his sword, so they're DQ'd from being part of his arsenal that is fully used without a sword. That leaves only Counter Shock, Mes and Gamma Knife that as the only things Law fights with without using complimenting them with his sword in some way. Even Room doesn't count since the most of Room is made via the sword.

1. Room-hand, made of full use with sword-A
2. Amputate-sword-1
3. Mes-hand
4. Chambres-hand, complimented by swordplay-B
5. Personality Transplant-sword-2
6. Counter Shock-hand
7. Radio Knife-sword-3
8. Gamma Knife-hand
9. Sterben-sword-4
10. Injection Shot-sword-5
11. Scan-sword-6
12. Takt-hand, complimented by sword-C

6 techs that directly incorporate the sword, three letters complimented by swordplay. 9 out of 12. Hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No they don't. Law's swordsmanship was sufficiently to duel with Smoker and Doflamingo when his DF wasn't usable.

You know what's really funny about this argument? Law's DF use IS his swordplay. Law has swordsmanship. He has some DF abilities that don't require a sword. And his main fighting style is combining them into a new form of swordplay.

Remove Law's sword, and the effectiveness of his DF plummets. It is INTEGRAL to what makes him a strong fighter. Therefore, he falls into the criteria of a swordsman just like the rest. Next.

That means that Zoro is superior to Law in basic swordplay. That doesn't mean what Law does isn't still swordplay, it's just a unique form. This bullshit argument is like saying "Zoro loses if he fights without Haki and just swords." The principles are the EXACT same.

\Law has 11 techniques. 6 of them(Sterben, Amputate, Radio Knife, Injection Shot, Personality Transplant, and Scan require him to incorporate his sword. There's also the fact that Shambles is used in tandem with his blade(often teleporting to enemies blind spot to strike at them with his sword, and switching things he's cut with Chambres). Takt is also more useful when used with Amputate(when he uses Takt to attack Doflamingo, he first uses Amputate to create his "ammunition.")

So more than half of Law's techniques revolve around his sword, and two of them are complimented by usages of his sword. Leaving only 3 out of 11(4 out of 12 if counting Room) that do not involve his sword whatsoever.

So even when they don't utilize his sword to be performed, only one-third of Law's techniques aren't complimented by swordplay in some way when all of his canon techniques are considered.

Take away his sword, and he loses 2/3rds of what makes his DF abilities effective for combat. Two-thirds of it. TWO-THIRDS.

Because, as with the failure of your Law argument, there has yet to be a character who is a swordsman have a fighting style that is superior to his swordplay. So, by portrayal of swordsmen in OP, it doesn't matter how good Shanks is with Haoshoku, it's not gonna be better than his best method of swordplay, so he still loses to Mihawk until portrayal is changed.

Law's swordsmanship was stalemated by a man with a jitte who isn't a swordsman, good point. So in what way is Law not more skilled with his DF than in swordplay? Laws power comes from his fruits ability to modify his swordsmanship.

Can you not count or do you try to slide that shit on purpose? Mes, Shambles, Takt, Gamma Knife, Counter Shock. That's 5 that are purely hand 6 if we count Room which we absolutely do since it's the core of his offense. Sterben is a form of Takt. Radio Knife is Counter Shock incorporated into a slash. That's 7(8) hand based skills, 2 of which he uses in conjunction with his sword. Without Room Amputate is just a regular slash.

You might wanna recheck your math.

HashiraMadara

Elite
Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Law is a swordsman whose DF skill exceeds his swordsmanship. That's not to say his swordsmanship isn't good but it's below his DF use and skill level. If Law fought Zoro pure swords, he'd lose but if Law fought in his typical fashion he'd likely be able to win. And we've already went over how despite Law being a swordsman most of his attacks are centered around his DF and the ones that utilize his sword are almost all done in conjunction with his df;
Room - Hand: Primary DF offensive tech. necessary for other techs.
Amputate - sword: slash modified by room
Radio Knife - counter shock on sword slash
Shambles - Hand: telekinesis
Personality Transplant - non offensive
Takt - Hand: telekinesis
Scan - sword: non offensive
Mes - hand
Counter Shock - electric based attack done with hands
Injection Shot - sword
Gamma Knife - energy blade not his sword
Sterben - Hand/sword: Using takt on a severed arm/blade

Law's a swordsman but take away his DF enhancements and he's not near the competitor he is with it, without Room and his DF Law wouldn't have radio Kinfe, Injection Shot, Amputate or his range since he doesn't have flying slashes. How is this different than Mihawk beating Shanks in swords but losing if Conq. Haki is thrown into the fight?
Nice try jumbo. Law DF revolves around his katana like Fuji, anything beside his swordplay is mere extra tricks like "shambles", "tact" and "mes" Stuff not used as direct offese techs vs OP characters. His most powerful techs injection, radio, gamma etc are all a sword! Secondly Oda called him a swordsman LOL

check there in the bottom left: Four Swordsmen
You must be registered for see images

A swordsman is a fighter whose main source of power comes from their swordplay. This doesn't apply if you're Shanks though, Shanks is a hakisman :lmao:
What the hell is a Hakisman? Don't be retarded here. You will call Garp a Hakisman too? WTF

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Room doesn't count as one of Law's DF tech's, ok. Reach. Sterben can only be performed by using Takt on a weapon(or in the case we saw an arm holding a weapon) inside of room. So Sterben is a variant of Takt no matter how much you want to try and deny it. With no Takt, no Sterben, with no DF no Takt, his primary fighting method is using his DF to modify his sword capabilities.

Nice try jumbo. Law DF revolves around his katana like Fuji, anything beside his swordplay is mere extra tricks like "shambles", "tact" and "mes" Stuff not used as direct offese techs vs OP characters. His most powerful techs injection, radio, gamma etc are all a sword! Secondly Oda called him a swordsman LOL

What the hell is a Hakisman? Don't be retarded here. You will call Garp a Hakisman too? WTF
I never said he wasn't a swordsman, good job arguing a point I didn't make. Look at literally my first 4 words. Gamma Knife isn't sword based just because it takes the shape of a blade, it's still an energy attack created via his DF not a sword technique. Good reach. I love how you try to demote his moveset to fit your narrative like Mes hasn't been one of his most used moves along with shambles. But no, they're not offensive and are mere tricks, got ya.

His DF enhances his swordplay but it also grants him more variety to the point where he doesn't solely rely on swordsmanship. If he did rely on pure swordsmanship as Riker pointed out he'd be getting stalemated by the likes of Smoker but his DF allows him to get the edge in those situations hence how he was able to beat Smoker by using a combo of Takt and Mes. You know, those "tricks".

He was being sarcastic about hakiman fyi

HashiraMadara

Elite
Kin
121💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Room doesn't count as one of Law's DF tech's, ok. Reach. Sterben can only be performed by using Takt on a weapon(or in the case we saw an arm holding a weapon) inside of room. So Sterben is a variant of Takt no matter how much you want to try and deny it. With no Takt, no Sterben, with no DF no Takt, his primary fighting method is using his DF to modify his sword capabilities.

I never said he wasn't a swordsman,
Why is this an argument then...

Gamma Knife isn't sword based just because it takes the shape of a blade, it's still an energy attack created via his DF not a sword technique
lel I guess Zoro's Asura and Mihawk long range slices aren't sword techniques but energy waves XD

His DF enhances his swordplay but it also grants him more variety to the point where he doesn't solely rely on swordsmanship.
I said nothing about "solely" relying on a sword! Swordsman = anyone whose swordsmanship > his other techniques!
how he was able to beat Smoker by using a combo of Takt and Mes. You know, those "tricks".
Since when was Smoker a OP opponent in the New World?

He was being sarcastic about hakiman fyi
Went over my head considering his previous posts

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Room doesn't count as one of Law's DF tech's, ok. Reach.
mfw I literally counted in both of my posts saying it'd be 12 if count Room, and that would bump the number of Law's moves that don't involve a sword to only a third of his full arsenal. You wanna call out people on counting when you can't even read.

Sterben can only be performed by using Takt on a weapon(or in the case we saw an arm holding a weapon) inside of room. So Sterben is a variant of Takt no matter how much you want to try and deny it.
I didn't say it wasn't derived from Takt, I said it counted as a technique on its own as well. Variation of Takt or not, it's an attack that focuses on a bladed weapon, so it counts as part of his swordplay.

Still only 1/3rd of Law's arsenals that are completely independent of swordplay.

his primary fighting method is using his DF to modify his sword capabilities.
DAMN, IT'S ALMOST LIKE MULTIPLE PEOPLE HAVE SAID THIS TO YOU AND NOW YOU'RE ARGUING AGAINST IT. HOW ABOUT THAT?

I never said he wasn't a swordsman, good job arguing a point I didn't make.
You're trying to argue that Law's DF plays a greater role in his arsenal than his sword. 2/3rds of Law's arsenal are his sword+DF, not his DF alone, so your point is still trash as ****.

His DF enhances his swordplay but it also grants him more variety to the point where he doesn't solely rely on swordsmanship.
Nope. Because if you remove Law's sword, his DF usage plummets and his capacity as a fighter falls to 1/3rd of what he could do before. Law doesn't rely on his sword or his DF more than the other, he relies on both in tandem. THAT is his main fighting style. You have yet to show a swordsman who relies on something MORE than a form of swordplay.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is this an argument then...
Idk you responded to me under the assumption I don't classify Law as a swordsman. All I said was Law is a swordsman who uses his DF skills more than he uses sword play(which he does because Law rarely uses his sword without his DF complimenting it but uses his DF without his sword more so) and that his skill with his DF exceeds his skill with his sword

lel I guess Zoro's Asura and Mihawk long range slices aren't sword techniques but energy waves XD
Gamma Knife isn't created via any blade, so it's nothing like those. Law literally creates a blade of energy, that's not a sword technique just because it's shaped like a blade, he doesn't need a sword to carry out the attack just his DF. Asura idk about nobody's really clear on what or how that works.

I said nothing about "solely" relying on a sword! Swordsman = anyone whose swordsmanship > his other techniques!
That's an arbitrary restrictor you and Riker are trying to put into the rules that was never there. Nowhere does it state a swordsman must be better with his sword than anything else. That's outside logic trying to be forced in story, which is ironic given how hard some people cry against doing that.

If you want to use outside logic consider this, A Basketball player switches to Tennis and becomes one of the greatest and now identifies as a Tennis player. That doesn't mean their tennis skills > their basketball skills. Nothing prevents a swordsman from having a second skill that exceeds their capabilities with a sword other than this fictitious barrier you're trying to enforce.

Since when was Smoker a OP opponent in the New World?

Went over my head considering his previous posts
Smoker's not and that's my point, Smoker a non OP opponent stalemated Law's swordplay and Law only got the win because of his DF use. Take away Law's DF and his swordplay is no longer able to be enhanced and gets stalemated by a mid level non swordman. Take away Law's sword and his DF capabilities drop, not to the degree Riker's trying to pass but they do drop, but he's still able to beat Smoker just like he did without his sword. Law's DF skills>his sword play in technique, necessity and ability. Law's swordsmanship is only top tier because of his DF incorporation.

-Akuma-

Elite
Kin
958💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
65⚔️

Someone lacks a lot of reading comprehension.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Idk you responded to me under the assumption I don't classify Law as a swordsman. All I said was Law is a swordsman who uses his DF skills more than he uses sword play
False. Law's usage of his DF IS a form of swordplay.

That's an arbitrary restrictor you and Riker are trying to put into the rules that was never there. Nowhere does it state a swordsman must be better with his sword than anything else. That's outside logic trying to be forced in story, which is ironic given how hard some people cry against doing that.
Except it isn't an arbituary rule being forced into the story. It's a rule derived from the portrayal of swordsmen in the OP world. Portrayal of them give us the criteria of what a swordsman is. There have been zero characters classified as swordsmen who have a fighting style that isn't swordplay, and is superior to their swordplay. Therefore, the same can be attributed to Shanks until he is either retconned as a swordsman, or this portrayal of swordsmen is retconned.

If you want to use outside logic consider this, A Basketball player switches to Tennis and becomes one of the greatest and now identifies as a Tennis player. That doesn't mean their tennis skills > their basketball skills. Nothing prevents a swordsman from having a second skill that exceeds their capabilities with a sword other than this fictitious barrier you're trying to enforce.
You can't use this comparison because the way swordsmen are portrayed in the OP world doesn't match how we would define a basketball or tennis player.

Smoker's not and that's my point, Smoker a non OP opponent stalemated Law's swordplay
He stalemated ONE form of Law's swordplay. Law has two: normal slashes, and slashes enhanced by his DF. Law did not use the latter against Smoker aside form a few strokes.

and Law only got the win because of his DF use. Take away Law's DF and his swordplay is no longer able to be enhanced and gets stalemated by a mid level non swordman. Take away Law's sword and his DF capabilities drop, not to the degree Riker's trying to pass
The funny part is, you're incapable of describing how they DON'T drop that much. Remove Law's sword, and he loses 6 out of 12 techniques, and three more techniques become less effective. You have not countered this point. Don't delude yourself into thinking that you have.
Law's swordsmanship is only top tier because of his DF incorporation.
Exactly. His swordsmanship is using a sword+his DF. He's not using two fighting styles at once, he's using one fighting style with two components. Remove either component, and the fighting style plummets. The fighting style involves a sword, so it counts as swordplay.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly. His swordsmanship is using a sword+his DF. He's not using two fighting styles at once, he's using one fighting style with two components. Remove either component, and the fighting style plummets. The fighting style involves a sword, so it counts as swordplay.
No see it isn't. His fighting style is his swordsmanship + his DF. His fighting style is made of two core components. If there was a swordsman whose fighting style was sword in one hand gun in the other and he used them in conjunction(swing,shoot,swing,shoot,shoot,swing, etc you get the idea) we wouldn't call his gunplay part of his swordsmanship yet that's what you're trying to do for Law's DF to help your case.

Just because Law uses his DF in conjunction with his swordplay and as a means to enhance it(at times, not always) doesn't erase the fact that they are two separate skills/abilities. And it doesn't change the fact that if you took only his swordplay and compare it to only his DF use that his swordplay is below his DF. Laws swordplay skills alone were stalemated by a non swordsman, Laws DF allows him to beat a lot of people.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
No see it isn't. His fighting style is his swordsmanship + his DF. His fighting style is made of two core components. If there was a swordsman whose fighting style was sword in one hand gun in the other and he used them in conjunction(swing,shoot,swing,shoot,shoot,swing, etc you get the idea) we wouldn't call his gunplay part of his swordsmanship yet that's what you're trying to do for Law's DF to help your case.
Two core components combined into one thing. Your example of a person swinging a sword and using a gun at the same time isn't comparable to what Law does because those aren't combined into one thing. Law's DF power is PERFORMED through the swordsmanship. 2/3rds of what he does with his DF powers become UNAVAILABLE if his sword is removed. When you remove Law's sword, his DF power loses capabilities. When you remove Law's DF abilities, his sword loses capabilities. Therefore, it's not comparable to your example because removing the sword wouldn't remove any capabilities of the gun and removing the gun wouldn't remove any capabilities from the sword. The fact that you still think there's any arguing this is dumb af because it boils down to one thing, and one thing only: Without his sword, Law can only use Mes, Chambres, Gamma Knife, Room and Takt. 7 out of 12 techniques become unavailable to him.

Just because Law uses his DF in conjunction with his swordplay and as a means to enhance it(at times, not always) doesn't erase the fact that they are two separate skills/abilities.
Combined into one fighting style because their capabilities don't happen side by side, their capabilities combine; without one, the other loses its capabilities. Therefore, they cannot be regarded as separate. Give it up.

And it doesn't change the fact that if you took only his swordplay and compare it to only his DF use that his swordplay is below his DF.
Wrong. The way Law fights has three forms:

1. Normal swordplay, which is just swinging the steel blade

2. Swordless DF techniques in which there is only four in number, not counting Room

3. Enhanced Swordplay, which are techniques like Injection Shot, Sterben, and Amputate

Law's normal-swordplay was no less effective than his hand-techniques when used in battle. Against Smoker, using Takt only worked as a diversion and his swordplay didn't get do any better. And while we see that Law defeated him with Mes, we also learn later in the fight with Doffy that Radio Knife would have also defeated Smoker if Law chose to use it, so even that doesn't make what Law does with a sword less effective than without.

Law has four techniques without his blade: Mes, Chambres, Gamma Knife, and Takt(not counting ROOM since it can't directly cause harm and is a precursor technique). Doflamingo was able to predict where Law would appear with Chambres multiple times, he dodged Mes and called it a pitiful attack, Takt was only used in conjunction with Amputate(Similarly, Law used Chambres in conjunction with his sword more than not).

While the most effective thing Law did was Gamma Knife+Chambres, that's not a common maneuver. That maneuver was only possible because of the exact circumstances of their fight with Doflamingo and him having a partner there; in general 1 on 1 clashes, that combo would be highly ineffective and his enhanced swordplay would be more useful.

It's not a coincidence that Law's non-sword DF abilities were only effective when Law had a partner to work with, but when it was just him and Doffy, the clean blow Law landed wasn't Mes or thanks to Chambres or Takt, it was what? Injection Shot. One of the techniques in his enhanced swordplay group.

The effectiveness of Law's abilities go:
Tied for 2. Normal swordplay and non-DF abilities
1. Enhanced Swordplay.

Law, as a fighter, is most effective when his DF abilities and his sword are combined into one method. Therefore, Law has no abilities that are greater than his swordplay because the way he uses his DF IS swordplay. It's that simple.

shresthabijay26

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most people forget that titles are not absolute. BM has sword and Kaku didnt use sword. Can we call BM swordsmen? Well, she showed one of the strongest sword tech against SH pirate. But does anyone here think BM gives two shit about WSS title? No, she wouldnt give shit to challenge WSS title holder. And the only way we know for someone to be given title is to defeat WSS title holder. And duel between Mihawk and Shanks never ended. So Mihawk just beat previous strongest swordsmdn. And WB uses Bisento so he too shoulx be called swordsmen as KKu, Daz all were swordsmen. But he is WSM. Titles contradict.so Muhawks title is not absolute. Even WB said that he is not the strongest anymore but he had title.

Tyrance sasuke

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Someone who uses swords as his main arsenal and do various styles and techniques with it, other than just simply swinging it around, stated by arlong.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Most people forget that titles are not absolute. BM has sword and Kaku didnt use sword. Can we call BM swordsmen? Well, she showed one of the strongest sword tech against SH pirate. But does anyone here think BM gives two shit about WSS title? No, she wouldnt give shit to challenge WSS title holder. And the only way we know for someone to be given title is to defeat WSS title holder. And duel between Mihawk and Shanks never ended. So Mihawk just beat previous strongest swordsmdn. And WB uses Bisento so he too shoulx be called swordsmen as KKu, Daz all were swordsmen. But he is WSM. Titles contradict.so Muhawks title is not absolute. Even WB said that he is not the strongest anymore but he had title.
Lmao so much wrong. Daz Bones said himself he's not a swordsman. Blade=/=sword. WB also has a bisento, not a sword. BM is portrayed so far to be a swordsman, she just has no interest in becoming WSS. Doesn't mean she isn't one. Your claim that Shanks' and Mihawk's duel went unfinished is completely unfounded.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The claim that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks based on a WSS title is also unfounded when they haven't fought in over 15 years, nor was it ever even stated that Shanks cares about being WSS.

Ya'll just dumb as shit for trying to put Mihawk above a yonko because of a title that has no merit to current Shanks.

Also, being WSS does not mean you STRONGER than someone. It means you have better swordsmanship than someone.

-----------

I bet if Kaido whipped out a sword with Mihawk having the title WSS, niggas would be thinking Mihawk is above Kaido.

Vandenre1ch

Veteran
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The claim that Mihawk is stronger than Shanks based on a WSS title is also unfounded when they haven't fought in over 15 years, nor was it ever even stated that Shanks cares about being WSS.

Ya'll just dumb as shit for trying to put Mihawk above a yonko because of a title that has no merit to current Shanks.

Also, being WSS does not mean you STRONGER than someone. It means you have better swordsmanship than someone.

-----------

I bet if Kaido whipped out a sword with Mihawk having the title WSS, niggas would be thinking Mihawk is above Kaido.

No one will think Mihawk is above Kaido cause he uses a mace. That is a poor example. Mihawk's title is the STRONGEST swordsman. Not most skilled. Other abilites are taken into consideration since Cabaji, Kaku, Fujitora were still called swordsmen despite their DF powers n' such. Zoro himself called Cabaji the unicyclist and Kaku the giraffe swordsmen.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No one will think Mihawk is above Kaido cause he uses a mace. That is a poor example. Mihawk's title is the STRONGEST swordsman. Not most skilled. Other abilites are taken into consideration since Cabaji, Kaku, Fujitora were still called swordsmen despite their DF powers n' such. Zoro himself called Cabaji the unicyclist and Kaku the giraffe swordsmen.
Lol, alright man.