Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/graveyard-of-sin-teno-vs-howard-vegeta-and-shady-doctor.768408/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/howard.43780/
Issue: He hit all his team members.
Your Reasoning of the Issue:

In his move he does a poison/rain technique that actts similar to rain will of tiger. Rain will of tiger dont let you choose where its raining or not. In his move he states that the poison rain is pretty much only on my location, to the back of me and to the sides, and not infront of me. His technique specifically says

This poison chakra condenses into a sickly, sticky, green liquid that begins to drop down upon the ground like natural rain fall. It is similar in regards to (Suiton: Ukojizai no Jutsu) - Water Style: Rain Tiger at Will Technique however it has the potential to poison anyone it touches besides the user seeping into skin and clothes clinging to clothes and cloth soaking them congealing into a slime-like gel that sticks to people and objects.

So I feel that not only will his clones disperse (the ones who didnt activate said technique) but his allies would be hit by this powerful jutsu, plus the affects of his powerful poison

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Your Reasoning of the Issue: I stated twice in my move that the poison would be condensed far enough away from my allies not to affect anyone in my group since it's a two-fold process. The chakra is sent to a place and then condensed into poison, an action the user controls. Additionally, the sentence he decided to cut off halfway through does continue to explain what that sentence is specifically referring to when it states it's "similar to Rain Tiger at Will." It is similar in regards to (Suiton: Ukojizai no Jutsu) - Water Style: Rain Tiger at Will Technique however it has the potential to poison anyone it touches besides the user seeping into skin and clothes clinging to clothes and cloth soaking them congealing into a slime-like gel that sticks to people and objects. This gel increases the weight of the opponent doubling it reducing their speed by three ranks for as long as the substance stays on their body. This isn't an effect of the poison itself merely it's weight and can be negated by removing the sticky poison and stopping it from clinging to the body.

(Dokuton: Feru no Ame) - Poison Release: Rain of Fel ( Clone 2 )
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 40 ( 15 per turn )
Damage: 80 ( 20 per turn ) ( +10 Tibsy's Breath ) ( +20 Sage Mode ) = 110
Description: The user sends subtle substances into the sky through the release of poison chakra creating toxic green clouds high in the sky far above the battlefield. This poison chakra condenses into a sickly, sticky, green liquid that begins to drop down upon the ground like natural rain fall. It is similar in regards to (Suiton: Ukojizai no Jutsu) - Water Style: Rain Tiger at Will Technique however it has the potential to poison anyone it touches besides the user seeping into skin and clothes clinging to clothes and cloth soaking them congealing into a slime-like gel that sticks to people and objects. This gel increases the weight of the opponent doubling it reducing their speed by three ranks for as long as the substance stays on their body. This isn't an effect of the poison itself merely it's weight and can be negated by removing the sticky poison and stopping it from clinging to the body. This poison rain is a natural skin irritant, and will cause growing welts, hives, and blisters as it makes contact with flesh. This happens as soon as the substance touches flesh, happening the turn a person is poisoned through skin contact. It can cause wounds similar to second to third degree burns and causes an intense burning sensation on the body. This takes a full turn to take effect happening the turn after being poisoned. After another turn of direct exposure, it will begin eroding and killing skin cells causing cell necrosis. The poison also lands upon the ground creating puddles of liquid poison all throughout the field allowing them to be used as sources for the user. These effects do not harm the user. With a single hand seal the user can solidify the poison drops into blade like constructs slicing and cutting at anything it makes contact with allowing it to enter an opponent's body with the potential to force itself into open wounds.
Note: Can only be used twice per event (four-turn cooldown) and the poison rain can last four turns
Note: Can only be taught by Xicer
Like RTaW it drops a liquid from the sky, unlike RTaW that liquid has the potential to poison a person and stick to them. That was what that portion referred to directly, without being taken out of context to fit a narrative. He's willfully taking it out of context, instead of taking the whole passage. I'd like to also point out it states the user forms the clouds and maintains them through a chakra drain per turn. This basically means they can choose where they form the liquid poison by condensing the poison chakra in a specific place and can lock it in place via the chakra they are feeding into that area. The "cloud" aspect is mainly just cosmetic and isn't tied directly to the formation of the liquid poison. If they didn't have this intuitive connection, they wouldn't be able to form a single hand seal, and solidify the poison drops, or control it as stated later.

As a side note, even if this did somehow hit my clones, or my own bio for that matter, they're all immune to Poison Release, my custom poison and liquid poison in general so it wouldn't have the effect he's looking to get out of it "So I feel that not only will his clones disperse (the ones who didnt activate said technique) but his allies would be hit by this powerful jutsu, plus the affects of his powerful poison." Immune is total immunity to those substances, Releases and effects, neither my own bio or my clones would take any damage from this at all being like regular water to them. They could drink it, play in it, do whatever they wanted in it, and remain immune to its damaging effects. Allies would be a different story, but as I said, I don't believe it would hit them either.
Poison Users are immune to Poison Release as well as liquid poisons.
Howard is immune to these effects and the poison itself and due to the oxygen found in it, he can breathe it as if it were normal air, and even drink it in its liquid form.
Also, this isn't a Poison/Rain technique, like he states. It's purely Poison Release.​

Last edited:

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,369💴
Trait Points
80⚔️

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/bhandao-170-menma-vs-blackbeard.773179/#post-21990492
Link to VM Conversation: Issue: I believe my opponent has improperly used his Light Release technique to avoid my attack and thus takes the full brunt of the attack.

My opponent's technique allows him to move at 5x his base speed in order avoid attacks. The drawback however for this incredible high speed movement being the fact the opponent can only move linearly until he comes in contact with a reflective surface which would allow him to change his trajectory.

Alongside this transformation comes the ability to perform a method of high-speed re-location, in which the user will be capable of bursting into a beam of light that will allow them to travel at 5x their current speed, however in turn the user will be limited to less dynamic movements such as only linear pathways....The user will be capable of maintaining this enhanced state as long as they do not encounter a substantial opposite force or choose to end their movement, and due to being light the user can, upon coming into contact with a reflective surface, choose to reflect themselves – allowing them to instantly change their trajectory without losing speed.
However the issue arises due to the fact that my opponent tries to change his trajectory a couple of times before actually reflecting off a surface.

"They fired himself backward and to their left and, upon hitting the reflective surface of the snow, their trajectories were instantly redirected"
The initial trajectory was his movement backwards. However as he moves backwards he then tries to move left, which would constitute a change in trajectory of 90 degrees, meaning a reflective surface is needed. He continues by saying as he moves he would hit the snow, which is only present on the ground, meaning another change in trajectory is needed to move to the ground.

So two changes in trajectory are made without reflecting off a surface. I believe because of the improper use of his technique he is actually only able to move backwards as he initially states, and that would unfortunately for him cause him to be hit by the TBB due to not properly avoiding it.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/bhandao-170-menma-vs-blackbeard.773179/#post-21990492
Link to VM Conversation: Issue: I believe my opponent has improperly used his Light Release technique to avoid my attack and thus takes the full brunt of the attack.

My opponent's technique allows him to move at 5x his base speed in order avoid attacks. The drawback however for this incredible high speed movement being the fact the opponent can only move linearly until he comes in contact with a reflective surface which would allow him to change his trajectory.

However the issue arises due to the fact that my opponent tries to change his trajectory a couple of times before actually reflecting off a surface.

The initial trajectory was his movement backwards. However as he moves backwards he then tries to move left, which would constitute a change in trajectory of 90 degrees, meaning a reflective surface is needed. He continues by saying as he moves he would hit the snow, which is only present on the ground, meaning another change in trajectory is needed to move to the ground.

So two changes in trajectory are made without reflecting off a surface. I believe because of the improper use of his technique he is actually only able to move backwards as he initially states, and that would unfortunately for him cause him to be hit by the TBB due to not properly avoiding it.
I don't change my trajectory before hitting the surface. I said I move backwards and to the left, not I move backwards and then move to the left. I'm shooting myself in a straight line aimed towards the snow. My movement is diagonal. The fact that I include that my intent is to reflect off of the snow is implicit that that's where I'm aiming at lol Just like the Susano'o leg issue in our last fight. Here are some cute pics I made demonstrating what Geezy failed to understand. Ignore that third arrow to the right in the second pic, idk how that got into my masterpiece.

You must be registered for see images

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/south-west-kinai-island-146.756159/page-2#post-21990339
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/profile-posts/7521259/
Issue: There are several:

1. Medical pills. You have a chakra cap, for him it's 2350. You can't suddenly have 8000 chakra in your system without dying.

2. He turned to stone. "A Perfect Sage can convert a total 40% of his/her maximum chakra reserve to Senjutsu Chakra." Delta converted 1244. But 40% of 2350 is 940. That would be all the sage chakra he can convert, resulting in him to turn to stone when he goes over that amount. How you can even keep control of your chakra flow with 8000 chakra in it to collect natural enery and keep it stable would be impossibe. EIG users can't even do ninjutsu above B rank because of this, nevermind control natural energy

The next issues are just with his move, but i think he'd be dead before he got to make:

3. The post he linked in his arrival, showed no mention of clones. He would of turned to stone anyway so he would be able to make clones.

4. Four of his actions all fail. He tried to activate paths at the same time as jutsu. You can't do this, causing them all to fail. Evident by " At the same time, passively, " ... " At the same timeframe as his clones".

5. He hasn't paid the chakra cost for abilities as he's travelled.

6. CLone trying to do amaterasu would fail. The user takes 30 damage as they use it. C rank damage disperses clones.

7. The pollen from his wood would have been irrelevant anyway "as the forest bloomed long range from himself(50m) and spread around the entire village, The Forest would completely wrap the battlefield in a 50m wide circle with Hades and his Clones and the Man he was attacking in the center. " - Like that doesn't really make it clear how far away the forest is. He formed it 50m from himself, around the village which rp wise i'm not year, then says wraps the battle field. The man is at the centre, does that mean it's 50m from me too? It's all over the place. Running theme being his wording which caused this jutsu to fail in the first place

8. He never actually makes it clear who he attacked. He said strongest chakra signature he could find but as it stands right now, that would be @Corazon where i've used chakra for missions. He has Adv Sasuke with yang, giving him at least 3k chakra and well Rexii has the same levels of chakra. "focussing on the main body " from long range i don't get how he's doing this. He's give no reasoning. Plus all my clones and creations are stood around together at the front of a city i made.

Pointed these out so he knows for the future, but as it stands 3-8 are irrelevant as he would be turned to stone anyway. I'll explain with links and rulings below.

Right, well time to break down all the issues i see leading up to he point of you attacking and everything after that, which is wrong. So lets go issue by issue to make it clear.

First of all, it was actually your use of the medical pills. The problem you have is that your maximum chakra, i believe is 2350. 1600 for jounin and +750 for rinnegan? I'm going off this [bio] as it's the most recent approved and as you travelled on a spider which you didn't post for reference. You've have to post this now, so if i wanted to use earth spikes i'd know how tough the spider and what i'm up against. You need to post all relevant information for me to make an accurate counter

The main point is you consumed two chakra pills (Though you said it in one place then did the same again in another place but posted the jutsu this time. So that could be 4 pills) [Here] and [Here].

Your cap is actually 2350 chakra. You can double your charka up to a maximum of this. A cap is a cap after all. If suddenly you had 6000 extra chakra in your body, you'd die instantly.

You must be registered to see images

A perfect cannon example is the Eight Inner Gates. You flood your body with chakra but in doing so you tear your body apart. Yes EIG masters can combat some of this, but you are not an EIG master. That level of chakra flooding into your system would tear your body apart.

His argument of "There's no ruling", just means it's time to make it clear now. If this is somehow passable point 2 leaves him dead.

[Here] you will find you have "1244 " sage chakra. This would kill you. The reason for this comes from the sage mode rules "A Perfect Sage can convert a total 40% of his/her maximum chakra reserve to Senjutsu Chakra."

The problem here is 40% of your actually maximum chakra reserve is 936 chakra you can make into sage chakra. Going over this, would turn you to stone. Meaning you're a statue on a spider that just arrived in my landmark, with no clones. With being a statue, your entire move fails and you will remain this way until the next arc.

Another thing to mention is to continue to gather sage chakra you need a calm chakra system as you need to create balance. How would you manage to control this with such an extreme amount of chakra flowing through your system like the eight inner gates? You wouldn't. The moment you went to gather the natural energy you wouldn't be able to control it and turn to stone anyway

The post you linked, is actually to a post where you have 8000ish chakra. No mention of clones at all, so i don't know where all your clones came from. Yes i searched and found you making them in your previous landmark, but you failed in linking the correct travel post, which would invalidate you coming to the landmark in the first place.

"When traveling, you must include the link to your last post as part of your traveling, to ensure that your travel path is being followed correctly." - Direct quote from the nw rules. You didn't link correctly, you wouldn't be there. Resulting in your entire attack, again, being null.

Now to get onto your move itself, aside from tagging me at the bottom of the post you never actually reference who you attack. Both Rexii's bio and Corazon's bio are in the same landmark. Phrases used are like "all of the bodies he was attacking " is this them as well? "crash down on the opponent. " Which one? "straight on the mans face. " - which man?

I don't actually know who you are attacking with any of these. Is it rex and Lee as well? Is it just me. You never stated and with you spawning wood over the entire landmark it could effect them too. We aren't all stood together so attacking all the bodies just isn't possible by your wording. Which man's face? I have 3 paths with me and a creation that looked humanoid. You don't have telescopic vision like the rinnegan for such clarity to see like the byakugan. If i wanted i could just decide you hit an NPC guard as your severe lack of detail causes this all to completely fall apart. Which leads me to my next issue.

4."Zagreus: At the same time,passively, with his Rinnegan, Zagreus would activate his Animal and Deva paths. "
"Macaria: At the same time, passively, Macaria would activate his Deva and Preta Paths. "
"Melione: At the same time, passively, Melione would activate Asura and Preta paths. "
"Hades: At the same timeframe as his clones, Hades would switch his paths to Animal and Preta Paths, and clap his hands during their activation. "

All of their above moves would have failed anyway. You cannot do jutsu at the exact same time, even if they are passive, unless they are doujutsu. With you and your clones mentioned above trying to do all of the above at the same time would have caused all the moves to fail. See [here] and if my ruling there isn't enough for you also see [here]. This leaves only one move which has it's own issues.

He tries to argue that it means same timeframe, but the start of all his attacks say "same time frame", this is clearly him trying to do the paths as the same time as the jutsu causing them all to fail. He admits poor wording, but either way, he stated he tried to do them all at once so they all fail.

The rinnegan, you post that it's active but i followed the trail of links for your travel to [[here] and you haven't paid the chakra cost to have it active all along which i don't get how you're arriving with it active when you haven't paid chakra to keep it sustained.

The post he liked states:
https://animebase.me/threads/kaizoku-sea-259.757193/page-3#post-21990072

Hades continued gathering senjutsu while on his summon

-llm-

7884-5(rinnegan)7879-5% conversion=7486
Senjutsu- 851+393=1244
There is no cost being paid for the rinnegan. If you don't pay the cost to sustain it. It would deactivate.

A clone dies if it takes damage of that level. "Damage Points: 120 (-30 to the user)", Wood sage mode doesn't stop recoil damage, only damage from jutsu.

Clone rules in role play updates state - "This also means being able to suffer damage, though for a Clone this will cap at C rank damage before dispersing as that's the case normally." (Reference)

C rank damage is 30.

So the one attack it tried to do would destroy itself. Causing the one attack you didn't mess up, to fail.

The wood jutsu would have failed anyway, for various reason's above, but the wording behind it is all over the place

"as the forest bloomed long range from himself(50m) and spread around the entire village, The Forest would completely wrap the battlefield in a 50m wide circle with Hades and his Clones and the Man he was attacking in the center. " -

That doesn't really make it clear how far away the forest is. He formed it 50m from himself, around the village which rp wise i'm not in, then says wraps the battle field. The man is at the centre, does that mean it's 50m from me too? It's all over the place. Running theme being his wording which caused this jutsu to fail in the first place.

He never actually makes it clear who he attacked. He said strongest chakra signature he could find but as it stands right now, that would be @Corazon where i've used chakra for missions. He has Adv Sasuke with yang, giving him at least 3k chakra and well Rexii has the same levels of chakra. "focussing on the main body " from long range i don't get how he's doing this. He's give no reasoning. Plus all my clones and creations are stood around together at the front of a city i made.

My current chakra level, based of missions and regains would be:

3750 - 500 - 20 - 30 - 30 - 20 -5 - 20 - 30 - 80 - 15 - 15 - 15 =

Sword 4 turns = 20
Rinnegan 4 turns = 20

2935 overall

@Corazon's shanks bio would have regained his chakra he has used from not doing missions, keeping him on 3000. Means the strongest signature would have been that one, not Tsuna's.

Conclusion:

It's quite simple. He would never of been able to attack in the first place because he'd be dead, or a statue that was carried to the landmark by a summon that he didn't reference. Can't control more than 40% as outlined above.

The train he linked failed, showing no formation of clones, meaning he's never in the landmark to begin with.

The moves he did in the landmark failed, 4 cause you can't do multiple jutsu at the same time even if they are passive (apart from doujutsu)

The last move failed due to the clone killing itself from damage.

Delta

Banned
Legendary
Kin
1,422💸
Kumi
8,893💴
Trait Points
39⚔️
Issues

1. As i said in my Vm's, there seems to be no reference to this rule anywhere on the base. The Solider pill has been used in this way for years, my last Official usage being[ Here,] where the entire fight was broken down IN Detail by LoK, and he made no mention of it. Now, im saying this because, iv'e scoured the base, and i cannot seem to find any recent Mod ruling to state that we cannot go over our highest base chakra levels. Theres nothing in the Hp rules, nothing in the Med ninjutsu rules, nothing in the Jutsu itself, which leaves me to believe this to be either, A)A discord ruling that has yet to be officially implemented on the site, or, B) One of those "Chris said" moments, either way, i personally cannot find any evidence on the base to back up this claim.(also Note, the Image Pervy Linked with Chris saying "A Cap is a Cap and that aint no Cap" isn't a ruling or a check, that's just chris saying something, and as he always says, dont use the "chris said" shit out of context)

2. Again, another baseless claim, there is nothing written anywhere to back up this claim, not in the Sage mode rules, nothing in any of the jutsu written, imperfect or perfect sage mode alike, and lets not overlook the most underlying issue with this "rule" Pervy is making up. SM users convert 5% of their maximum chakra per turn into senjutsu. However, any passives and such that are also active or any other chakra draining alter your chakra, making the numbers go into weird digits(as pervy mentioned, my SM chakra is 1244, but my "maximum" is 940, uneven numbers). Due to how erradict the numbers got senjutsu can be, this notion of "if you go 1% over you turn to stone" is ludacris, and is mostly likely simply, once you reach the 40% cap you cannot convert anymore, because going off exact numbers when Senjutsu conversion numbers are so uneven is stupid, and nothing on the base can actually back up this claim(at least that i can find.)

3. Already said i linked the wrong post, however, i came from[ Here ]and did in fact mention my clones, i merely linked the incorrect post, but my travel has been entirely legal all the same, and this is just a grasp.

4. Not even going to touch on this, already did in my Vm's

5. I didnt keep track of the chakra cost in each travel post but the chakra cost was deducted in my final calculation for my clones.

6. This is actually an issue i'd like answered, not about the clone, no, if pervy had checked the Rp QnA like i told him, he'd have left this out, however, now im stuck here linking images because he's lazy.
Now, the issue i want cleared up, actually comes from the EMS and Amaterasu techniques themselves. I don't believe my clone takes any damage whatsoever, because of the wording contradictions between Amaterasu and EMS.
EMS-"While MS damages the user as time passes and severely tires and drains the user as its used, the EMS doesn't. The user can keep it active without losing his eyesight or damaging himself and can use the normal MS techniques with no activation reduction or drawbacks. "
Here it clearly states, EMS can use the Normal MS techniques(aka, for canon, Susanoo, Amaterasu and Tsyukuyomi) with no drawbacks and without damaging himself. A drawback, in this case, would be recoil damage from Amaterasu.
After this, however, Amaterasu makes no mention of EMS in its description, only thing mildly resembling anything is this
"This dispiction is somewhat linked to the fact that, because of the damage produced in ones eyes, as the user closes his eyes and prepares to use Amaterasu, tears of blood flow through his face."
Contradictions between the two i'd like cleared up.

But that aside, as my image shows, Pervy just flat out wrong on this one, so mute point.

7. I dont see whats so hard to understand. The jutsu starts 50m away from me, and spreads around the battlefield with me and my opponent in its center. So the forest is 50m away from us both, with us in the center. I dont know why he believes the pollen wont affect him, as the tree's are pouring pollen into the enclosed area, im not even entirely sure why im having to explain this.

8. Already explained this its just a reach on his behalf, however, i do want to add, while this has happened, Dan is claiming rexii and corozon are close enough, so they would be affected by my attack, and by proxy, according to dan, are now apart of this fight, so Rexii can't be doing missions seems dan has claimed he is within my attacks range.
Oh also, i believe dans miscalculated his chakra.
Sage=2000
Hagaroma: 1750
YY speciality listed in his bio gives him the +1k from Yang
3750 - 500 - 20 - 30 - 30 - 20 -5 - 20 - 30 - 80 - 15 - 15 - 15 = <----what dan said he has, but hes missing the 1k from yang, which would put him at almost 1k chakra higher than anyone else on the island

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Move in question

VM Conversation

Most of the argument is summed up in the brief exchange, so I'll keep it short here. The technique Geezy uses explicitly says that the Earthen dome it creates is produced narrow against the opponent's body. Geezy's move contradicts this jutsu description by making it five meters in diameter to constrict upon both me and my Creation. His claim that my Creation is outside of the dome by his intention doesn't hold by the multiple descriptions of multiple/plural targets in his move.

His argument that it violates spawning rules by forming narrow also doesn't help. Spawning rules are meant to curb techniques that wouldn't be survivable or counterable if spawned on the body. There are countless techniques that break this rule, including many Earth jutsu because they can be countered while the ground is shaking. With Geezy's technique specifically, it can be countered while it's rising, while the shit's shaking, or right before it closes.

Geezy trying to say that he only targeted Blackbeard and not Blackbeard and the Creation contradicts the multiple instances where he uses plural terms for what's crushed. If he's going to latch onto the part where he said "opponent," then that just means his move contradicts itself and fails anyway.

Also I'm pretty sure Senjutsu techniques become neutral to all

Edit: Yeah, here's a discussion on it from last week

Last edited:

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Move in question

VM Conversation

Most of the argument is summed up in the brief exchange, so I'll keep it short here. The technique Geezy uses explicitly says that the Earthen dome it creates is produced narrow against the opponent's body. Geezy's move contradicts this jutsu description by making it five meters in diameter to constrict upon both me and my Creation. His claim that my Creation is outside of the dome by his intention doesn't hold by the multiple descriptions of multiple/plural targets in his move.

His argument that it violates spawning rules by forming narrow also doesn't help. Spawning rules are meant to curb techniques that wouldn't be survivable or counterable if spawned on the body. There are countless techniques that break this rule, including many Earth jutsu because they can be countered while the ground is shaking. With Geezy's technique specifically, it can be countered while it's rising, while the shit's shaking, or right before it closes.

Geezy trying to say that he only targeted Blackbeard and not Blackbeard and the Creation contradicts the multiple instances where he uses plural terms for what's crushed. If he's going to latch onto the part where he said "opponent," then that just means his move contradicts itself and fails anyway.

Also I'm pretty sure Senjutsu techniques become neutral to all
The technique in question first rises earth up and then forms into a dome that becomes narrowed to the victims size. The dome isn't created the size of the victim, and is a misunderstanding on my opponents part I believe. The victim target was Blackbeard which is what I stated in the very beginning of the move. His creation as far as I know is right by him and would be within the area that was affected and my initial thought was the creation being swept up in the technique alongside the opponent simply due to the proximity they are in, in relation to each other.

Based on the circumstance, I agreed his creation would therefore be situated outside the dome as it closes against Blackbeard, simply due to the size it poses, otherwise it'd simply be partially and not fully trapped in the dome as its created possibly still crushing the creation.

My opponent keeps trying to bring up a point that senjutsu renders my techniques neutral to all, losing its inherent Strength and Weaknesses which is not the case and is also incorrect. This is directly from the training forum regarding elemental weaknesses.

Sage Jutsu
Weak to: This is basically chakra, molded and channeled by the user and enhanced with the addition of Natural Energy. Therefore, it is possible to defend with techniques that counter the effect of the jutsu used against you with any appropriate element. Raw Sage Chakra can be countered with equal rank elemental techniques.

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/hokubu-ocean-257-hei-vs-vayne.773108/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/serpent.44848/#profile-post-7521284
Issue: I believe he broke T/F in his move, and even he did not, the Wind Tornadoes should have no effect on me due to my shadow state, and they can't keep up with me to be able to intercept and surround me, which if they did, also creates an issue of him getting hit by them.

The relevant time frame is the following, starting with my move

A)Ink Phoenix to attack Hei
B)Tornado Wall/Change Into Hell to counter and continue towards me
a)Serial Waves for Tornadoes to target me and the hawk
C)Demon Stripe/Erebus to attack and move in an arc alone w/o the hawk, respectively
D)a)Serial Waves (which is where the issue is. Isn't mentioned in his move where it occurred, but it was still used as he deducts the chakra for it)
b)Absorption Arm to counter the Demon Stripe that moved from above to Hei
c)The Tornadoes are then supposed to affect me as he claims that I'm trapped inside them.

So, in response to his attack I utilise an ink technique to overpower and continue towards him. He responds by creating the sentient wind wall that

After smashing through the ink bird, The wind creature will release several blades of wind at different angles rapidly. Aimed to hit Vayne and the bird he stands upon. These wind blades if successful will slice Vayne and his bird leaving them wounded before the wind creature smashes into them.
After he creates the wind tornadoes I utilise a Nara technique to send a portion of my shadow above the tornadoes and separate it, giving it a form and pseudo-sentience (CoY and Sourceless/Apex Specialty) to have it attack Hei. In tandem, Erebus would activate and through it I'd move in a wide arc to end up 6 meters to Hei's right side.

In his last move, Serpent says that the wind tornadoes would hit the Hawk, so based on his previous wording in bold, that would mean that Serial Waves was used, which he did not reference at all in his move. He also deducted the chakra for it, so it was used. This brings us to the Timeframe update, where it is stated ( if Person B's reply does not make it a requirement for Person A's move to be changed in some way, such as changing aim, trajectory, or jutsu used, Person A's move will proceed as described. Of course, should this be in dispute at any time within a fight, it will be checked as all other issues are.)

Due to my movement away from the hawk, the Serial wave's usage would need to be posted again, taking up a slot in the tf. He did not mention them in his moves, but with what I bolded before, him deducting chakra for techniques usage, and what he said in his current move
Hei's wind creature will hit target as expected, killing the hawk in the process
would all lead me to believe that there are some timeframe issues, with the serial waves taking up the first slot, followed by his tornado slamming into the hawk/His absorption arm attempt. Due to that, the Shadow would have the tf slot to have already hit him before he counters. He says his counter occurs with the wind creatures actions, which would put it with the wind hitting the hawk, and not when it uses serial waves like he claims in VMs. The fact that he didn't even mention serial waves in his move makes it hard to believe that his counter was supposed to occur with it.

Now let's say all that is wrong, his move still has several problems.

First off, the wind simply would not have any effect on me as I am in an intangible shadow state. So the claim of the wind being able to
With it's sentience it will move around with Vayne and mimic his movement, not allowing him to escape it's grasps so easily keeping him consumed within it's might
is illogical. It's rotating/currents would simply have no effect on my shadow state, which he even acknowledges in his move would prevent me from sustaining damage, so why would I be affected by another physical aspect?

Second, the wind should not be able to even surround me, it doesn't have the speed to do so. I am moving 16 SPD due to SM, whereas techniques as far as I know, ain't moving that fast. In the fourth paragraph, LoK says
Jutsu used are, unless specifically stated otherwise, moving at speeds that allow even the basic Genin to attack (i.e. lightning speed being fastest yet still counterable unless description or additional abilities change the speed)
So let's say this is a special case where the wind is faster and whatnot, it is still not going to be as fast as me. Also, for the memes reference, since his creation is now sentient and whatnot, what would it's tracking be like, number wise if possible o-o?

Third, let's say the wind tornadoes do manage to keep up and surround me, then Serpent himself would be in danger. I move to to stop 6 meters to his right, and as mentioned before the wind wouldn't restrict my movement. So, with what was discussed in vms, the wind tornadoes would cover short range thiccness and mid range height. If the tornadoes are meant to surround me, then they are a certain distance away from me, otherwise they would clash into eachother. That distance, as long as it is more than a meter, would place Serpent in it's radius, and considering the size, with the fact that they surround and must space out to persist, lead me to believe that he would suffer the full force of his own technique.

As for the last vm, the bolds are my response

The issues with timeframe are within your move because you're (absorbing nature energy, throwing a flash bomb and moving your elbow to cast a shadow, making handseals and creating a clone, turning intangible, and creating a creature all in the same timeframe) Like, how can you become intangible and throw a flashbomb? (Intangibly kicks in 'after' the flash) how can you be intangible and cast a shadow?Intangible isn't invisible, but like I mentioned before, it occurs after the flash How can you be intangible and make handseals?Erebus allows for me to return portions to normal to utilise them for techniques, and I don't need to use hand seals due to Specs, though lowkey forgot about the Apex one when i made the move z.z Like I said before how can you fly?shadows are cast along surfaces not the air. It's all illogical.(Erebus turns me into a shadow, and as shown , as well as many other times and with a CFS and many cjs based on that, shadows can be 'cast in the air', the only difference with what I'm simply in an intangible state As for my creations, ofc it would have a type of tracking or awareness of its surroundings. To imply that it wouldn't is ridiculous.Clarified before what I meant with it's tracking, more numerics than wether of the question if it has any tracking
As for the mention of the flashbomb needing to have it's own t/f, it's part of the techniques usage, not some random freeform movement. " The user will throw flash bombs behind themselves to not only blind the enemy but to also extend the range of his shadow indefinitely. The user can put any part of their body infront of the light and it will appear as an enormous shadow. Once the shadow is ready, he can constrict any enemy easily just by closing his hands."

As for this
The issues with timeframe are within your move because you're (absorbing nature energy, throwing a flash bomb and moving your elbow to cast a shadow, making handseals and creating a clone, turning intangible, and creating a creature all in the same timeframe)
Absorbing NE happens as I throw the flashbombs, and the movement of any body part is literally part of the techniques description, the handseals aren't needed, but it doesn't matter anyways due to Erebus, and as for creating the creature, I used a technique that allows that in the same timeframe? Like lmao I don't see where this abuse is coming from. If we're going to have different parts of the same techniques description start to factor into the timeframe like that then wew, lemme catch someone trying to unsheathe a sword before attacking z.z

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/hokubu-ocean-257-hei-vs-vayne.773108/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/serpent.44848/#profile-post-7521284
Issue: I believe he broke T/F in his move, and even he did not, the Wind Tornadoes should have no effect on me due to my shadow state, and they can't keep up with me to be able to intercept and surround me, which if they did, also creates an issue of him getting hit by them.

The relevant time frame is the following, starting with my move

A)Ink Phoenix to attack Hei
B)Tornado Wall/Change Into Hell to counter and continue towards me
a)Serial Waves for Tornadoes to target me and the hawk
C)Demon Stripe/Erebus to attack and move in an arc alone w/o the hawk, respectively
D)a)Serial Waves (which is where the issue is. Isn't mentioned in his move where it occurred, but it was still used as he deducts the chakra for it)
b)Absorption Arm to counter the Demon Stripe that moved from above to Hei
c)The Tornadoes are then supposed to affect me as he claims that I'm trapped inside them.

So, in response to his attack I utilise an ink technique to overpower and continue towards him. He responds by creating the sentient wind wall that

After he creates the wind tornadoes I utilise a Nara technique to send a portion of my shadow above the tornadoes and separate it, giving it a form and pseudo-sentience (CoY and Sourceless/Apex Specialty) to have it attack Hei. In tandem, Erebus would activate and through it I'd move in a wide arc to end up 6 meters to Hei's right side.

In his last move, Serpent says that the wind tornadoes would hit the Hawk, so based on his previous wording in bold, that would mean that Serial Waves was used, which he did not reference at all in his move. He also deducted the chakra for it, so it was used. This brings us to the Timeframe update, where it is stated ( if Person B's reply does not make it a requirement for Person A's move to be changed in some way, such as changing aim, trajectory, or jutsu used, Person A's move will proceed as described. Of course, should this be in dispute at any time within a fight, it will be checked as all other issues are.)

Due to my movement away from the hawk, the Serial wave's usage would need to be posted again, taking up a slot in the tf. He did not mention them in his moves, but with what I bolded before, him deducting chakra for techniques usage, and what he said in his current move

would all lead me to believe that there are some timeframe issues, with the serial waves taking up the first slot, followed by his tornado slamming into the hawk/His absorption arm attempt. Due to that, the Shadow would have the tf slot to have already hit him before he counters. He says his counter occurs with the wind creatures actions, which would put it with the wind hitting the hawk, and not when it uses serial waves like he claims in VMs. The fact that he didn't even mention serial waves in his move makes it hard to believe that his counter was supposed to occur with it.

Now let's say all that is wrong, his move still has several problems.

First off, the wind simply would not have any effect on me as I am in an intangible shadow state. So the claim of the wind being able to is illogical. It's rotating/currents would simply have no effect on my shadow state, which he even acknowledges in his move would prevent me from sustaining damage, so why would I be affected by another physical aspect?

Second, the wind should not be able to even surround me, it doesn't have the speed to do so. I am moving 16 SPD due to SM, whereas techniques as far as I know, ain't moving that fast. In the fourth paragraph, LoK says So let's say this is a special case where the wind is faster and whatnot, it is still not going to be as fast as me. Also, for the memes reference, since his creation is now sentient and whatnot, what would it's tracking be like, number wise if possible o-o?

Third, let's say the wind tornadoes do manage to keep up and surround me, then Serpent himself would be in danger. I move to to stop 6 meters to his right, and as mentioned before the wind wouldn't restrict my movement. So, with what was discussed in vms, the wind tornadoes would cover short range thiccness and mid range height. If the tornadoes are meant to surround me, then they are a certain distance away from me, otherwise they would clash into eachother. That distance, as long as it is more than a meter, would place Serpent in it's radius, and considering the size, with the fact that they surround and must space out to persist, lead me to believe that he would suffer the full force of his own technique.

As for the last vm, the bolds are my response

As for the mention of the flashbomb needing to have it's own t/f, it's part of the techniques usage, not some random freeform movement. " The user will throw flash bombs behind themselves to not only blind the enemy but to also extend the range of his shadow indefinitely. The user can put any part of their body infront of the light and it will appear as an enormous shadow. Once the shadow is ready, he can constrict any enemy easily just by closing his hands."

As for this
Absorbing NE happens as I throw the flashbombs, and the movement of any body part is literally part of the techniques description, the handseals aren't needed, but it doesn't matter anyways due to Erebus, and as for creating the creature, I used a technique that allows that in the same timeframe? Like lmao I don't see where this abuse is coming from. If we're going to have different parts of the same techniques description start to factor into the timeframe like that then wew, lemme catch someone trying to unsheathe a sword before attacking z.z
"When you reply to an opponent's move, it does not validate that move. How can you be accountable for making a bad move if your opponent messed up in the first place. When fights are judged, all previous moves will be taken into account to assess the situations. This was first outlined [Here] and followed up with [Here] "

I had several issues with his move and talked to him about it. I could see that we were not going to come to an agreement so I decided to just continue the fight anyway. However he now has issues with the TF which stem from the issues I originally had with his move, as per the rule stated above both moves will need to be checked. There are two conversations about the moves being checked I just wanted to make sure they're both linked here.

VM's about his Move: https://animebase.me/members/vayne.102133/#profile-post-7521265
VM's about my Move: https://animebase.me/members/serpent.44848/#profile-post-7521284

Your Reasoning of the Issue: Alright, so he has multiple issues that I will address and lay out my viewpoint on the current situation in the fight. The first being the timeframe. The timeframe is rather simple, ever action taken moves the timeframe forward, for that reason one cannot do a technique before an opponents first offensive action to allow the timeframe to move forward, likewise one cannot preform two techniques before the opponent can preform one. (exceptions to this are passive techniques that allow it and techniques that specifically state they can be used within the same timeframe and/or are applied directly to a technique.)

1) Ink Creation
1.5) Wind Creation
2) September, Demon Stripe, Creations of Yesterday, Erebus, Imitation Clone
2.5) Absorption Arm.

Now, in his move he begins by saying "As 5 dark tornadoes are summoned" meaning he starts his move with the creation of the wind wall. He then proceeds to use his techniques in tandom. Casting a shadow and making it a creature, turning intangible and making a clone. Then, after activating his techniques in tandom he states in his move "allowing the wind attacks to be of no effect other than killing the Hawk." acknowledging that the hawk will be killed by the wind in his move.

Issue 1: His Erebus technique does not give him the ability to fly so his "movement" is void. His technique says he can move around like a shadow, but shadows can't fly. A shadow is the obstruction of light. I don't believe he'd be able to fly around freely as the technique says nothing about flight. A shadow moves along a surface be it a floor, wall roof etc. They don't move around in the air. If anything he would be falling to the ocean below after the hawk dies by the wind. Easily allowing the wind to stay around him since he would be in freefall. In his move he doesn't say he begins his movement as he turns intangible, he doesn't even mention his movement until after he states that the wind kills the hawk and has no effect on him. He isn't clear on where or when the movement takes place, only saying what the movement is at the end of his move. This leads me to believe that the movement is done after the hawk is killed since he only mentions it after stating the wind has no effect on him but kills the hawk.

Issue 2: The issue with Several Waves is honestly a strange one that doesn't change the outcome of the move in either way. Either it happens, which would fall into the same timeframe as the Absorption Arm with it killing the hawk causing Vayne then begin falling (or beginning his movement) for the wind wall to then follow suit and change it's trajectory. Or it doesn't happen, and the wind wall continues to kill the hawk and then follows suit and change it's trajectory with Vayne falling (or beginning his movement)
-Issue 2.5: If he is able to fly as a shadow, his movement as described is a large arc, moving him out of mid-ranged into long ranged, then back into mid, and ending with him 6m near Hei's location. His Shadow creature would be absorbed during this movement causing his shadow form to end and making him freefall anyway, still allowing for the wind creatures altered course to smash into him.​
As for the chakra cost of several waves. I simply never added it back in. And for Vayne to say something is set in stone because a miscalculation on chakra cost is rich. I mean every turn I've had to recalculate and correct him on his use of Senjutsu. He would have overdosed and turned to stone several times over if I had not done so. Lmao

The way I see this is simple. Vayne activates his techniques as the wind continues forward. Smashing into the bird killing it. Vayne, now intangible will begin a freefall (or his movement) while the wind wall continues to follow him. Hei on the other hand will absorb the shadow creature inadvertently causing Vaynes shadow form to end, and allowing for the wind wall to physically harm him.

Last thing to note, the wind wall is not physically binding him within itself, it's simply following him around attempting to not allow him to leave it's range.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Move in question

VM conversation

Two issues with this one. The first one is a timeframe issue. Geezy's clone uses the Clone Flicker technique to get in between our respective attacks and a chakra roar to deflect my Hands of the Sloth. I believe he either breaks timeframe, or strikes himself with his own move. In Geezy's move and in the VM conversation, he describes the shockwave as going off in point blank range at a very short distance from me. His clone starts from six meters away, as established in his previous move, which is mid-ranged away and wouldn't be point blank/as close as he describes if he launches the roar at the same time that he starts running. His move explicitly says "who had gotten between the attacks and unleashed a shockwave of powerful Tailed Beast Chakra forwards," indicating that the shockwave is unleashed once he's in-between and not before. Using the Flicker and then using the shockwave afterwards would be using two timeframe slots.

Another indicator is the boosts he puts on the chakra roar. During the first timeframe of his move, his other clone is dispelling the barrier that removes boosts from his jutsu. If his roar is done once the barrier is dispelled, then it's no longer happening in the same timeframe as the jutsu that it's in the process of dispelling the barrier. If the chakra roar was happening in the first timeframe of his move, where the barrier still exists, then the boosts wouldn't be applicable and his technique would fail clashing with the Hands of the Sloth.

If his roar does happen at the same time that he starts running, then he'd just be running into his own shockwave. He's running towards my Hand of the Sloth to stop them, which is also the direction he's projecting the roar too(this isn't possible, as the jutsu says that the roar can't be used in focused or precise methods). If the roar goes off while he's running or starting to run, he would just slam into it because it's just force being projected into the air ahead of him and moving independently of his own movement; it's not a barrier or something that's moving with him.

The last issue is more minor. I'm not sure if the jutsu Geezy used works on barriers alongside seals. The technique explicitly says seals more than once. The portion "For seals placed on a living medium" in particular leads me to believe that the context of the jutsu is sealing formulas specifically.

@Geezus

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Move in question

VM conversation

Two issues with this one. The first one is a timeframe issue. Geezy's clone uses the Clone Flicker technique to get in between our respective attacks and a chakra roar to deflect my Hands of the Sloth. I believe he either breaks timeframe, or strikes himself with his own move. In Geezy's move and in the VM conversation, he describes the shockwave as going off in point blank range at a very short distance from me. His clone starts from six meters away, as established in his previous move, which is mid-ranged away and wouldn't be point blank/as close as he describes if he launches the roar at the same time that he starts running. His move explicitly says "who had gotten between the attacks and unleashed a shockwave of powerful Tailed Beast Chakra forwards," indicating that the shockwave is unleashed once he's in-between and not before. Using the Flicker and then using the shockwave afterwards would be using two timeframe slots.

Another indicator is the boosts he puts on the chakra roar. During the first timeframe of his move, his other clone is dispelling the barrier that removes boosts from his jutsu. If his roar is done once the barrier is dispelled, then it's no longer happening in the same timeframe as the jutsu that it's in the process of dispelling the barrier. If the chakra roar was happening in the first timeframe of his move, where the barrier still exists, then the boosts wouldn't be applicable and his technique would fail clashing with the Hands of the Sloth.

If his roar does happen at the same time that he starts running, then he'd just be running into his own shockwave. He's running towards my Hand of the Sloth to stop them, which is also the direction he's projecting the roar too(this isn't possible, as the jutsu says that the roar can't be used in focused or precise methods). If the roar goes off while he's running or starting to run, he would just slam into it because it's just force being projected into the air ahead of him and moving independently of his own movement; it's not a barrier or something that's moving with him.

The last issue is more minor. I'm not sure if the jutsu Geezy used works on barriers alongside seals. The technique explicitly says seals more than once. The portion "For seals placed on a living medium" in particular leads me to believe that the context of the jutsu is sealing formulas specifically.

@Geezus
Final Check

In relation to the Flicker Technique, and the issue with Timeframe. I would first like to point out that same time frame does not always mean at the EXACT same time. There can definitely be small windows that can be established that allow techniques to be done within the same time frame as one another. So this leads me back to the Flicker Technique, we must first understand the nature of the technique, and its usage. The Flicker Technique is sometimes called the Teleportation Technique, but it's not actually teleportation, it's just a technique of moving so fast that you appear to be teleporting. In the RP, it range is short to long, meaning when used the movement is so fast that the user can "appear" at a different range as if he were already there. This technique basically eliminates the need to maneuver into certain range as you would simply "appear" there. Which is what happens in the context of this move. The clone was 6 meters away, and then "appears" in between the two attacks almost at a point blank distance.

(Chiratsuki Kaihi/Undō) Flicker Evasion/Movement
Type: Defensive
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description:
Using the power of their bijuu to boost their physical abilities, the Jinchuriki is able to dash and move at incredible speeds. While doing so, the user will move and run on all fours (if applicable) and display a movement much more in tune to the animal traits his bijuu possesses. The speed at which one can move is relative to the transformation used. The basic Red Chakra Cloak doubles the users speed while the Incomplete Transformation triples his speed. The movement one can produce can be both intricate or simple, depending on the users intention.
Note: this version can only be used by Bijuus with Chakra Cloak or Incomplete Transformation active. Naruto can use this technique in both his 9 Tails Chakra mode as well as his Bijuu Mode.

Meanwhile, the opponent argues that the Shockwave technique was done before the barrier was dispelled, unfortunately this is not the case. His barrier is broken, just as quickly as it appeared in this case. His technique spreads out to Mid-Range which would catch both the clones within the technique, as a Medical Sealing Master capable of dispelling S-Rank sealing techniques, I was able to break the barrier at the same time of the roar which would make it null and void as the roar happens. The opponent makes the argument that the roar can't be done in focused or precise methods which is the case and I would like to point out that this shockwave was not focused or precise, what I'd like to point out is that this doesn't state the shockwave as an explicitly omni-directional technique, it can be released omni directional or directional. However, this does implies I couldn't focus it on a specific target such as releasing the shockwave only towards the creation and the hands, while having it not affect Blackbeard. My usage simply becomes a akin to a wall of chakra that pushes them and the Hands of Sloth backwards.

So this is the timeframe as I see it:

Creation of Hands of Sloth / Barrier
Barrier Destroyed + Flicker Movement / Chakra Roar

The timeframe is a tight window, since I am destroying the hands before they have the ability to reach the shuriken. But, what has to be understood is that the clone moves so quickly he places himself before the hands as if he were already there thanks to the Flicker Movement and releases the shokwave before the Hands could destroy the Shurikens. All of this possible because I can sense he and the creations chakra for the most part.

Lastly in relation to the final point, my opponent obviously does not understand that a barrier is a seal/sealing technique. Barriers generally seal off an area, while "seals" as he would like to put it, seal off a object. Either way they are both classified as Sealing Techniques and thus can be affected by the Sealing Release technique as long as the parameters are met. Which in this case they were since my clone was within range of the barrier.

"The user can use this technique to dispel sealing techniques of various natures by forcefully breaking open the seal or, in extreme cases, erasing/cancelling them. "

Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/nw-tourney-serpent-vs-joestar.774146/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/punk-hazard.70993/#profile-post-7521403
Issue: Waited to long to counter
Your Reasoning of the Issue: In the fight, my opponent attempts to kick me in my knee, I evade this by rising my knee and leaping upward into him. My leg already being between his, this will almost be a direct hit. In his move, he acknowlages that his kick misses, and plants his leg firmly back on the ground. His kick was aimed for my knee, meaning I would have risen past that point for his kick to miss. He then says after his kick misses, and he plants his leg back on the ground and immediately will mimic a mantis and aim to strike my knee as it rises. But since I have already risen so much before he starts his strike, requiring him move his arm into a mantis position and use "the spring action of the thrust" to intercept my knee (not thigh as he keeps saying in VM) I believe he would have already been hit by my knee by the time he moves to strike and wouldn't be able to move his arm into a mantis position and strike down on my knee before it would hit him. Also, if he could somehow manage this his strike would only prevent the knee part of my attack and not stop my elbow aimed for his head to knock him out.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/nw-tourney-serpent-vs-joestar.774146/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/punk-hazard.70993/#profile-post-7521403
Issue: Waited to long to counter
Your Reasoning of the Issue: In the fight, my opponent attempts to kick me in my knee, I evade this by rising my knee and leaping upward into him. My leg already being between his, this will almost be a direct hit. In his move, he acknowlages that his kick misses, and plants his leg firmly back on the ground. His kick was aimed for my knee, meaning I would have risen past that point. He says he strikes after planting his leg back on the ground to hit my knee before it hits him. But since I have already risen so much before he starts his strike, and we're so close together, I believe he would have already been hit by my knee by the time he moves to strike
My last VM covers my response to this. I never say I do the mantis strike after my foot is planted. I say I plant my feet and immediately following the miss, I strike his thigh to intercept his knee attack before it land solidly. My feet is planting at the same time as I'm doing the thrust, and I follow through with the extension of my arm to knock him completely off his feet. Simple.

edit: Serpent explicitly says in his move that the elbow strike happens after his knee hits me. The action of striking into his thigh and then doing the rotating to knock him off his feet completely is what stops the elbow lmao

Last edited:

Vayne

Legendary
Kin
2,343💸
Kumi
10,812💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/nw-tourney-broly-vs-vayne.774129/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/broly.108286/
Issue: Timeframe breaking

Scarecrow moves to strike Deadpool from the front with a hop and a downwards blow with the swords handle. Deadpool reacts by lunging and then leading into a upwards palm strike. Scarecrow react with a swing that happens after both occur in attempt to cut DP's arm.

Time frame wise my lunge and strike happen one after the other, and Broly choses to react after both had started, allowing the distance that was already pretty close to be practically none, while covering the first time frame. I find it illogical that my palm strike(which takes the second slot since he waited) that had already started will be interrupted by a sword slash that starts after, especially considering the swords position above his head, whereas my palm is practically a few inches away from him.

To top it off, his move fails on a mechanical level. Broly disagrees that his sword is held above his head despite the following in his previous move:

Running towards Deadpool and closing in fast, Scarecrow would easily see his opponent lean over and grab Chris' arm. Deadpool would shift his sword grip so that he held it with both hands, left hand in front of right with the handle facing forwards (towards Deadpool) and blade facing downwards. The way that Deadpool shifted as he grabbed Chris showed that there was a possibility of a throw coming up. This was confirmed moments later as Chris then flew through the air.

This gem and the following

His sword was raised 1 foot from the right of his face, the palms of his hands facing away from his face
This reads as his sword is placed at a spot one foot above the right side of his face. His sword can't be downwards like he intialy wanted, since if it was he wouldn't be able to hit me with the handle in a logical manner.
His current states the following

By simultaneously tilting his sword handle diagonally to his left and lowering his right hand while raising his left hand, Scarecrow would facilitate a powerful 2 handed crescent slash with his sword.

The slash would be quick and powerful, and would strike the target's arm just before it made contact with Scarecrow. Scarecrows arms and hands would of course shift to facilitate this action
This further supports the sword being pointed upwards. The last sentence that I initially missed doesn't really help Broly too. Since he's starting the tilt and movement of his hands immediately, this would be while his sword is still facing upwards and the way he describes it, it's a clockwise arc swing. This slash starts immediately in his initial positioning, making it miss me as it's simply out of my range, and it's clockwise arc would not be of help since it would be arcing away from me whilst it's above me.

The way he described would have worked if the sword was pointing downwards, but thats not the case, as his previous move says he's bringing his arm downwards to hit me with the swords handle.

Corazon

Legendary
Kin
2,758💸
Kumi
23,218💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Link to Fight: Here
Link to VM Conversation: Here
Issue: Failure to counter my move properly
Usage of Touch of Sun
Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't think my move was countered properly, ignoring the fact that it's a meme technique and probably shouldn't be used in battles, I don't see how it would affect me performing my move. As I stated in my VM, this is an E rank technique that produces a sound wave when LoK yells lol, I state I move forward and to my left in my move, given the rank of the technique ( E ), I believe it would barely push me back, if at all and my opponent not stating how far back I'm pushed means I'm allowed to decide that in my move. I'm also using the Drunken Fist technique which states:

This unusual taijutsu style is a unique style of combat Drunken Fist Fighters become human powerhouses who'll strike unpredictability, with no inhibitions, an explosive fury and without any second thoughts about their actions
This leads me to believe I wouldn't be distracted by LoK suddenly yelling as I'd have no second thoughts about my actions, which means I'd still be able to perform my move and slice of Banri's arm. Also that E rank says it summons LoK, how people summoning with Taijutsu/Kenjutsu only? That's a whole S/T Ninjutsu lmao

My usage of Touch of the Sun is being questioned, now I'm not an expert or something, but this sentence, "Previously used techniques, Summonings, Creations and similar and passives are disabled as well.", especially the italicized bit, tells me that this applies to active techniques, i.e techniques still in use. Touch of the Sun is not an active technique, it is used once and is done. That sentence does not say techniques used are automatically reversed, just that active techniques would be disabled. Also I'd like to give an example of why I think this wrong, if someone healed themselves during this arc, would their wound suddenly open up? Or if they used Oral Rebirth because of sustaining too much damage, are they gonna revert to that state suddenly? Like put the armor on and suddenly they half dead lol.

It's also been said my character is growing an arm, not regrowing it, and that he was born with one arm because I never mentioned it in my bio, but I also didn't mention him being born with one arm. I planned to do a character arc ( which I messaged LoK bout ) where I regrow my arm ( he wasn't born with one arm ), but the tourney forced me to do it now. Deadass it feels dumb as shit that I have to defend my biography right now and it's really not cool that I have to do this. Anyway that's the main issues, the rest are mentioned in the fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Doctor

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Link to Fight: Here
Link to VM Conversation: Here
Issue: Failure to counter my move properly
Usage of Touch of Sun
Your Reasoning of the Issue: I don't think my move was countered properly, ignoring the fact that it's a meme technique and probably shouldn't be used in battles, I don't see how it would affect me performing my move. As I stated in my VM, this is an E rank technique that produces a sound wave when LoK yells lol, I state I move forward and to my left in my move, given the rank of the technique ( E ), I believe it would barely push me back, if at all and my opponent not stating how far back I'm pushed means I'm allowed to decide that in my move. I'm also using the Drunken Fist technique which states:

This leads me to believe I wouldn't be distracted by LoK suddenly yelling as I'd have no second thoughts about my actions, which means I'd still be able to perform my move and slice of Banri's arm. Also that E rank says it summons LoK, how people summoning with Taijutsu/Kenjutsu only? That's a whole S/T Ninjutsu lmao

My usage of Touch of the Sun is being questioned, now I'm not an expert or something, but this sentence, "Previously used techniques, Summonings, Creations and similar and passives are disabled as well.", especially the italicized bit, tells me that this applies to active techniques, i.e techniques still in use. Touch of the Sun is not an active technique, it is used once and is done. That sentence does not say techniques used are automatically reversed, just that active techniques would be disabled. Also I'd like to give an example of why I think this wrong, if someone healed themselves during this arc, would their wound suddenly open up? Or if they used Oral Rebirth because of sustaining too much damage, are they gonna revert to that state suddenly? Like put the armor on and suddenly they half dead lol.

It's also been said my character is growing an arm, not regrowing it, and that he was born with one arm because I never mentioned it in my bio, but I also didn't mention him being born with one arm. I planned to do a character arc ( which I messaged LoK bout ) where I regrow my arm ( he wasn't born with one arm ), but the tourney forced me to do it now. Deadass it feels dumb as shit that I have to defend my biography right now and it's really not cool that I have to do this. Anyway that's the main issues, the rest are mentioned in the fight.

I'm correct on all faunts of my argument, which is, my moves were perfect, ToS is deactivated, and I win. GG.

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️

Link to VM Conversation: Issue:

My issue pertains to the actual scale the spiritually degenerating properties of Yin Release: Hands of Sloth and that effect's transference via clones.

It was determined after the conclusion of this fight the following in terms of:

" If a clone had an effect on it, such as the hands of the sloth technique, that effects the target spiritually, when the clone disperses, this effect will go back to the real user. This comes from how kakashi explains fatigue as well as knowledge going back to the user along with sakura's explanation of spiritual energies. This doesn't mean genjutsu effects go back to the targets. Specific abilities such as Yin releases spiritual effects. This will also apply to the hungry ghost effect. Custom jutsu and other effects will be down to a checker's discretion.
I want to get more of an understanding of this interaction because the way I see it is this. You are saying the clone's spirit actually completely overwrites the user's own spirit when the clone's spirit and chakra returns. When I believe in actuality the effect is different then what the ruling has declared. I believe the fundamentally defiles what Y/Y stands for as a concept, which is balance. These effects are established, because of an imbalance in the targets own "Yin"

In this scenario, the user and the clone have split basically becoming an equal value to one another on a spiritual level. The clone becomes afflicted by HoS's ability to reduce the spirit energy of the opponent. That clone is destroyed and the chakra that was left and the weakened spirit (or as the opponent has described it, mental fatigue) also transfers back.

This chakra and mental fatigue then merge with the user's own which in the end balances out for equilibrium in the user's physical and mental state. (This is why Natural Energy transfers when a clone disperses, replenishing the user's own reserves and allowing them to maintain Sage Mode longer or even enter the state).

The user of this clone has a fully intact spirit and the clone having a very weakened spirit. These separate states then mix and from a purely mathematical standpoint, there isn't some type of neutrality gained? an In between? There is a flaw in that tremendously, because there is no way a completely positive and a completely negative don't balance one another into a neutral state. (1 + (-1) = 0). I believe here is where the issue lies in the transference of the Properties of Sloth from one spirit to the next. Since it isn't a direct application, its effects would have to be mitigated in some form since it's purely reliant on degenerating or reducing the otherwise full intact spirit. It seems more than clear in my eyes that the effects of the Properties of Sloth would decrease by one stage in the event they are transferred from one spirit to the next.

I know there was evidence provided that shows that the effects of mental fatigue and such would transfer with the clone, but if we think again to the above and the actual scenario in which that applied, it does not correlate properly to this same scenario.

The scenario referenced is one where Naruto was training to add elemental chakra to his arsenal. He increased this training several fold beyond the capabilities of any normal shinobi. He created nearly 1000 clones that trained equally as hard and got equally as tired as he did and exhausted a tremendous amount of chakra in the same time. Those clones all dispersed, and when they did the sheer amount of fatigue transferred to Naruto showed the weight of the training being done, he passed out right after the dispersal. Showing that the fatigue compounded all at once over Naruto. What is being argued is that clone's reduction of spirit immediately becomes my own, without factoring the amount of spiritual energy that the main body has despite the hand's of sloth not being attached as a form of energy to the user's spirit or chakra in some way to adversely affect that state besides the clone's own reduction in spirit? I don't agree with that unfortunately, because we have cleared up the point where nothing attaches or is inserted into the chakra, simply just a reduction of spirit. On a 1 to 1 exchange, it would have to balance out into nothingness every time.

So though I do agree the effects transfer depending on how effected one gets, I don't agree that the full brunt of the effects pass on. The effects of Properties of Sloth having to be half of what the afflicted target is experiencing. Because, it has also been established that Hands of Sloth: doesn't insert any energy into the chakra or spirit nor do they actually latch on in any way.

As established by this check with the RP Foreman:

"the Sloth technique does not infuse chakra to purge nor energy as it saps the spiritual energy of the opponent from his own body, causing these adverse effects. "
The Properties of Sloth effects come directly from having the spiritual state reduced as ruled due to the interaction with the technique as described. I do believe that my original body's full spiritual state and the clone's extremely weakened spiritual state combining once again would average out the effects and would eventually settle in what would only be in the 2nd Stage of Interaction, Idleness.

My next issue stems from the rules on Jinchuuriki themselves.

"Every one of the Jinchuriki are immune to normal genjutsu, meaning while they can be trapped in a Genjutsu, their Bijuu will automatically free them from it unless it is a Mangekyou or higher level Doujutsu Genjutsu. "
This rule in the thread of the Jinchuuriki explicitly states the Jinchuuriki are immune to normal genjutsu. In the RP, Yin is a Universal Ability. Its a normal ability that everyone can learn, because in the end, many techniques already compose themselves of Yin or Yang. Genjutsu in and of itself is broadly encompassed by Yin Release, in fact Genjutsu is Yin Release by all intents and purposes, you create a mental/spiritual imbalance in the opponent which makes them see, hear, and feel whatever you want them to. Yin release would thereby be classed a normal genjutsu from the way I see it. There is no superior level unless Yang is introduced as well. This is why Bijuu only can be placed in or can't prevent Genjutsu by Doujutsu Eye Techniques of MS level. Yin Release is not a Dojutsu, simply being a normal thing any shinobi can do, though its strength can be comparable to MS but its def not a higher level. However in this situation, the main point is, Yin doesn't fall under a Dojutsu, and since it is a universal ability, it could also be considered normal as an ability.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I want to get more of an understanding of this interaction because the way I see it is this. You are saying the clone's spirit actually completely overwrites the user's own spirit when the clone's spirit and chakra returns. When I believe in actuality the effect is different then what the ruling has declared. I believe the fundamentally defiles what Y/Y stands for as a concept, which is balance. These effects are established, because of an imbalance in the targets own "Yin"

In this scenario, the user and the clone have split basically becoming an equal value to one another on a spiritual level. The clone becomes afflicted by HoS's ability to reduce the spirit energy of the opponent. That clone is destroyed and the chakra that was left and the weakened spirit (or as the opponent has described it, mental fatigue) also transfers back.

This chakra and mental fatigue then merge with the user's own which in the end balances out for equilibrium in the user's physical and mental state. (This is why Natural Energy transfers when a clone disperses, replenishing the user's own reserves and allowing them to maintain Sage Mode longer or even enter the state).
You're operating under the impression that the reason the original body suffers the effects from Hands of the Sloth is that the clone's smaller pool of spiritual energy returns to you, and that smaller pool causes the effects in the body. The truth is that the state of mental fatigue is what returns to the user. Meaning that when the clone returns, the Sloth's effect of draining spiritual energy will also manifest in your spiritual energy. So the original Menma doesn't just get a smaller pool of spiritual energy from the clone, his normal pool of spiritual energy also diminishes because clone dispersion transfers back the state the clone was in stamina-wise. Fatigued clone is dispersed, user's own stamina exhibits that fatigue.

The user of this clone has a fully intact spirit
As I said in the paragraph above, the spirit of the main clone inherits the state of being affected by HoS because HoS induces a form of mental fatigue, and the user gains that mental fatigue for themselves when the clone's disperse.
and the clone having a very weakened spirit. These separate states then mix and from a purely mathematical standpoint,
A mathematical standpoint for something we don't have values or numbers for?
there isn't some type of neutrality gained? an In between? There is a flaw in that tremendously, because there is no way a completely positive and a completely negative don't balance one another into a neutral state.
The spirit of the main body also degenerates, so it's not the addition of your intact spirit+the clone's diminished spirit.

What is being argued is that clone's reduction of spirit immediately becomes my own
Yes, that's how it works. Naruto gets tired when his clones get tired and disperse because his stamina drops the same as theirs.

I do believe that my original body's full spiritual state
If this is how it works then clones dispersing would never result in the user getting tired.

If Naruto has 100 stamina, and creates a clone, they both have 100 stamina. If the clone uses up 90 stamina and disperses, Naruto doesn't gain any stamina from the clone, he loses it. It's not "The weakened state combining with the normal state of the original," because that would always result in the user gaining stamina instead of losing it. The clone experiences a loss of 90 in stamina, that experience is returned to the user, resulting in a loss of 90 as well. As Kakashi says, the experience returns

This rule in the thread of the Jinchuuriki explicitly states the Jinchuuriki are immune to normal genjutsu.
This was already resolved in discord with mods and sensei telling you those rules were outdated and that the Yin Genjutsu would still work. It's also already too late for you to do this since you passed TL, so the Genjutsu is already in place. With my move suppressing Kurama, the beast wouldn't be able to break the Gen anyway.

Last edited: