Serpent

Legendary
Kin
6,188💸
Kumi
39,603💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Link to Fight: https://animebase.me/threads/qindong-024-hawke-vs-heishiki.781209/
Link to VM Conversation: https://animebase.me/members/serpent.44848/#profile-post-7524474
Issue: Opponent's attempt to freeform dodge and the manner in which he does so.
Your Reasoning of the Issue:

Elemental Taijutsu blasts (ETB) reach mid range, as the technique makes clear. I almost never use them at that range for balance purposes, but Elemental Taijutsu clearly specifies mid range in its range section.
The combo of Buster + ETB should be pretty sizeable, as I describe. My opponent has protested that I did not specify the size of my combination, but I do not feel that this is accurate. It's a central blast surrounded by explosive tag formulae lines converging upon him from all sides. He attempts to freeform dodge this combination by, and I quote; "rapidly move backwards slightly to the left out of short range." He even specifies how he only needs to move one meter to escape both techniques, thus implying that that he only moves that distance. I can sympathize with his argument for the ETB here, but Buster is obviously a mid range technique, so I have some difficulty understanding how moving 'slightly' anywhere will allow him to dodge it, no matter his speed. I did misunderstand that his dodge movement is a single, diagonal movement and not two separate lateral movements. I also refer to some forwards momentum of my opponent's that he disagrees with and that is fair. I want to underline that I am not trying to misrepresent my opponent's arguments.

This is the central disagreement. However, my opponent has brought up some other objections in this context:

- He states that I am limited to A-ranks due to his sealing technique, but since activation counts as 1/2 turns and his move takes place in his 3rd, that technique would be ended. Even if it were not; I am making use of a technique without chakra cost, but we disagree about whether this would be disallowed by the sealing technique.

- There seems to be some confusion about Elemental Tai and its ability to use blasts. My opponent refers directly to the K'Tai technique and states, correctly, that it does not mention any blasts. I will admit this could be my fault. I'm betting Mods would advice me to post the technique every time I make use of its effects and if that is the case I apologize, but it was not a problem for my opponent when I used the same type of blast with the same type of technique earlier in the fight. I've used this technique this way in every fight I've been in for a decade. It's never been challenged. This is not an argument for or against; it's just me being an old rat

- My opponent also refers to my use of Explosive Totem. I only bring this earlier move up because he mentions it as a part of the move I am questioning. My opponent informed me that seal techniques being placed on someone else's body requires Adv. Fuuinjutsu. I was not aware of this, so that is a fair argument. However, my opponent cannot have it both ways. Either I am unable to use it, in which case everything would proceed as it did. Otherwise, my opponent attempted to teleport himself away from what is essentially a tattoo placed on his body and states that this would not only work, but also somehow leave the explosion behind so as to damage me further.
Your Reasoning of the Issue: The main issue I'm seeing is a misunderstand of the timeframe of events, the usage of an S-rank and vague description on the size and type of a blast. Blasts don't not always equal explosions. There are numerous techniques both canon and custom that say they release chakra blasts. This does not mean they are explosions that spread out and nothing in ZK's move indicates that the ones he releases do. He just says that, and I quote:
"Meanwhile Hawke makes a claw with his hands and swipes at Hei from a distance, launching two blasts of Chakra Charge lightning blasts at the Otsutsuki also dealing a lot of damage. If Hei were to continue with his whatever Tai attack he would be unable to approach Hawke without coming in direct contact with these attacks. The size and approach of the double attack would also make it impossible to freeform dodge, especially since Hei is in mid-air with his "high kick."
So a couple key things here. He say's if I continue forward with my taijutsu attack that the size and approach paired with my being mid air would make it impossible for me to freeform dodge. First, I never continue with my taijutsu as that is something that happened after I would have used my gas, which was interrupted. Second, because of this I am also not "mid-air" not that I would have been anyway, since you can do a high kick without leaving the ground. Now, the size of these "blasts" can be debated as no specific size was given and trying to give them a specific size after the fact is not okay. It has been ruled that way in several fights over the years. It's not my fault that ZK decided to be vague in his move saying things like "his whatever" and not giving his chakra blasts a size comparison nor a measurement.

ZK says that he can preform the S-rank because the fuuinjutsu used sealed half his chakra. So he claims that his chakra is limited to A-ranks but I disagree. The fuuin technique itself doesn't say it only limits his chakra. There are techniques that specify chakra in that way, I'll give an example:

(Ryūgūjō) - Palace of the Dragon King
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra: 50
Damage: 100
Description: A black box, it can be used to expose a gaseous substance to a person, petrifying their entire body, resulting in them being preserved. When this box is opened, the gaseous substance can reach up to mid range quickly, traveling at three times a Sage speed to trap targets. Should a foe touch the gas, they immediately become unable to use chakra above A rank. Should they inhale the gas, they will be unable to use chakra or move for 2 turns. This binding is able to prevent movement from any foe of same rank and below for the same period of time, increasing 2 turns for every additional rank difference.
Note: Can only be used four times per battle with a 2 turn cooldown period.
Note: Can only be used by Urashiki Otsutsuki.
The fuuinjutsu used however doesn't specify chakra in that way, instead saying:

( Fūinjutsu: Seikatsu Kekkai ) – Sealing Technique: Living Barrier
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 30 (-15 per turn active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user takes out two bladed objects and crosses them. This creates a seal that seals away 50% of the chakra of any opponents within short-range of the user, allowing them to use only up to A-rank techniques.
Note: Sealing Method lasts 2 turns maximum.
Note: If the opponent moves out of short range, he regains his original abilities
It is known that lack of chakra can feel draining and limiting to a person. Not only is that concept used in many restrictions/notes for techniques, but also seen in the series. Someone being low on chakra can also make them feel physically drained, preventing them from proper movement and in this case would be preventing him from using high level taijutsu.

Now on to my movement. I move backwards at a slight angle at 60 speed. My movement backwards never stops in my move. I move backwards at an angle and in () say ooc that I only need to move 1m to escape the seal's range. So it can be clear that at that point I am able to preform my genjutsu technique since I am no longer limited.

His buster technique moves from his hands at 11 speed and then would spread around me to attack from all sides. But as I move back at 60 speed they will never be able to spread around me to begin with. My constant movement backwards will prevent them from ever being able to reach me and my opponent being placed in the genjutsu just after I move over the 1m to exit short range will also be a hindrance he will have to deal with. He says that his buster technique is a mid-ranged technique so me moving into mid range shouldn't matter, but he was targeting one area 4m in front of him having them converge on that location, after I move he would need to change his attack to a new location, taking place later in the TF an in his new move if he chooses to do that. Even still my speed will prevent them form ever reaching me. As for the chakra blasts he uses from a technique he is unable to use. My movement and speed will also prevent them from ever hitting me.

Now as for the turn limit on my Fuuinjutsu. He says it expired by now.. but it hasn't. It lasts 2 turns. The turn I used it, and the following turn. If you look back, the turn he uses the taijutsu is on the 2nd turn of the seal. It is this current reply he would do that he would no longer be bound by the seal.

I believe their is nothing wrong with my movement to evade his technique. He's caught up on the fact that I said to the side slightly but even if I just moved straight backwards and not out of the path my move will still happen. I'd be moving back faster then the techniques could reach me so they will never reach me. Even if the elemental taijutsu blast was a omni directional mid ranged explosion it would never hit me as i'm moving faster then it would spread. The moment I move over 1m I begin the Genjutsu. After placing the genjutsu I use the gas.

idk why he's bring up the Totem technique has it has nothing to do with the current moves..