Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Personally I think a near-death experience might help get rid of some of his less-than-desirable tendencies.
Don't mistake that for malice though. He is a good friend in spite of my words. Saved my life once, though I'd rather not relive that moment..."

In response to his own, Zhongli offered his own opinion, and Emiya could see that he most likely spoke from personal experiences as he was speaking in absolutes, where Emiya only drew from his own ideals, and used less direct wording. While he wouldn't budge on his own beliefs, he also didn't wish to debate someone in a subject they were clearly more knowledgeable in, so he simply conceded the discussion. As Zhongli finally introduced himself with his own moniker, and reciprocated the handshake, though did not go further than merely grasping the outstretched hand, Emiya shook once, then retreated beneath the comfort of his frayed cloak. Though it was worded as a borderline malicious request, given his nickname, Emiya immediately knew Zhongli wished to hear of his tales. Listener of Stories indeed, though with the thought of battles hard-fought and won, Emiya remembered his current mission, and the scoundrels' favor he'd need to win to achieve it.
"Frankly I'm not as skilled with accessing the Throne as I'd like. And as... Interesting as it would be to swap stories, I should be going. I was getting ready to leave Bastion when I saw your service, and to be honest more importantly your Prana. It was a detour I couldn't really afford to make, but I'm glad I did, as you seem like an interesting fellow. A true Hero of Justice's work is never done however, and I've got a lot of work to do if I ever want to find... Something important."

Emiya immediately retreated behind his cloak as though it were a shell, for he'd almost divulged his current mission in public, to a complete stranger at that. While they seemed nice enough, and could easily be a fast friend given their listening nature, and the pairs shared skill with accessing the Throne, for the moment Emiya would attempt to shoulder his burden alone. He was completely convinced he would do so, until the moment Mira returned from whatever drew her attention away from Last Bastion not too long ago. As the pair seemingly knew one another, Emiya simply gave a exasperated sigh.
"Of course you two know each other. Why am I even surprised?

And yeah, I repaired the northern ramparts Mira. They were still pretty banged up. My replacements aren't the greatest, but they should hold for the moment. If you know someone who can manipulate harder materials, maybe ask them to pitch in just in case?

For the moment I need to head out back East, but if my current business is bringing me back out this way, I'll be sure and let you know Mira.

If it does, maybe I can get the drop on you for a change."

While he was not preparing to leave this very second, Emiya's intention was to leave if neither present company had any urgent objections, or burning questions that simply could not wait until their next meeting.
As Emiya began to explain his reasoning for his initial approach, accompanied by the explanation of his plans for moving forward after leaving Last Bastion, Zhongli seemed to dwell attentively on the minor details that were addressed. He took advantage of brief moment of intermission in the discussion as Emiya began to address Mira now instead, allowing him to ponder his thoughts for a time until Emiya seemed to begin preparing himself to depart without another moment's delay. At that time, Zhongli folded his hands loosely behind his own back, holding one with the other in an idle posture before clearing his throat in a subtle manner of drawing attention. "If you mean to travel inland, I reckon our paths may be set upon the same course rather conveniently. I've heard of mass movement taking place in the eastern region of what is known as the Dead Rivers; something I aimed to investigate personally. Though I may not share your specific quest, I do not lack in my own talents and desires to see Tobusekai a safer place than it was yesterday. "

Lifting one of his two hands in front of him, Zhongli began to twirl a finger in place as the same golden energy from before began to swell like a small vortex directly in front of him, in the gap that separated him and Emiya. Reaching out his hand, he plucked forth from it a single scroll, one that was bound by what appeared to be a wax seal; a practice that hasn't been commonplace for many years, yet it seemed quite fresh, as if only made earlier that same day. Rather than opening it or describing it's contents, he instead opted to tuck it neatly away within the inside of his coat, holding it in place there for his own personal keeping. "If you would be willing to have my company, then I would be glad to share with you those talents. As you say, your time is precious and growing thinner, so no doubt having an extra pair of hands to help accelerate your efforts and make up for lost time would not go undesired. "

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Though he still regarded the Listener with a cautious gaze, if he was an ally of Mira's, and from her Village, he was trustworthy enough to help watch his back if he so chose to follow Emiya into the jaws of the enemy.

"I wouldn't say no to a helping hand. That region is swarming with undead from what I've heard.
They basically have a choke hold on any and all trade between Bastion and Veskals, as they've apparently dug in deep, and set up reinforced outposts within the Dead Rivers, and are holding that location with a vice grip. If you ask me, they're too coordinated for this to be random."

Emiya then took a small scroll out from one of the pouches attached to his pants, and provided Zhongli a similar scroll to the one Mira had given him, allowing for distant communication.

(Fuuinjutsu: Kami Komyunikēshon) Sealing Arts: Scroll Communication technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.

"I've got something to take care of before I make my way to the rivers, but our paths should converge there. If something happens, let me know by writing it in that scroll. Until then, Zhongli. And hopefully I'll see you soon as well, Mira."

With a flash of azure light, Emiya vanished, plunging into the paracausal ocean of energy that bend reality around him, allowing him to resurface back at his destination; Mistheaven. Sadly, aid would be hard found for them in Last Bastion, so he would need to consider alternatives.

(Kanki: Kyojin no Jidai) – Surge of Evocation: Epoch of Titans
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 20-40
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Considered the father technique of Era of Gods and Dynasty of Kings, Epoch of Titans uses the Surge of Evocation's ability to teleport objects and Surgebinders to the Throne, and return them to the field.

The Wandering Sea - Bending Space

The user, instead of applying this technique to their own body, can manifest Prana around any object or feature of the terrain to teleport it to the Throne and return it immediately or with a delayed timer. The teleported object can either reappear in a new location instantly, in the same manner as the user's own teleportation, or the user can set a delay of up to four turns and it will return on the first turn after the said number of turn elapses (e.g. a delay of 4 turns, the casting of this jutsu counting as the 1st, means it will reappear at the beginning of the user's 5th turn). The user can also create a technique or familiar with an aura of prana, which can only take affect in the same turn it is created, that allows the technique to teleport itself to a new location. This applies to virtually all type of jutsu except those which are streamed, as the user would find themselves unable to progress to this technique before the other reaches its end. This application occurs in the same timeframe as the jutsu cast and offensive jutsu teleported in this manner must reappear a minimum of five-meters away from any opponents unless the user is also within short-range of that opponent, in which it must reappear at least one meter away. The user cannot teleport any object or jutsu to or from a 1-meter distance from any opponents. However this entire variant cannot be applied to the opponent's jutsus which exceed B-Rank in chakra and it cannot be used on Noble Phantasms or Custom Weapons.

The Everlasting Heaven - Warping Time

This variant involves surging a large amount of Prana throughout the user’s body in order to enter the Throne. Their body, and everything on their person, will disappear instantly in a flash of light reflecting the color of their Prana. The user will then reappear amidst another flash of light at a location of their choosing. If the user reappears within less than a meter of the opponent, the opponent can react with any instant, passive or freeform or chakraless technique. Reappearing is accompanied by a crackling sound, creating both an audible and visual queue. The instant use of this technique, which doesn't take a slot in the timefreame, is enabled by the fact that the ethereal energy already exists within their chakra systems. Thrice per battle the user can utilize a stronger version of this ability (S-Rank) to prolong their stay in the Throne. This allows them to exist within the alternate dimension as Prana, which effectively places their body in a stasis. This halts blood loss, the propagation of poisons, the duration of active techniques/abilities, and any other aliments or conditions. This will happen for as long as the user is within the Throne. The user can only remain there for a maximum of four turns per usage. The first application, considered A-Rank, can only be used once every three turns. It can also only be used four times per battle. The second application, considered S-Rank, can only be used three per battle and operates on the same cooldown as the A-Rank version. S-Rank applications render the user unable to use S-Rank or higher Prana for the next turn, if the user remains in the Throne for longer than a turn.

Leaving Landmark via teleportation. Heading to #227, Mistheaven.

Reactions: Red-Robin

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Mirabelle couldn’t help but remained a silent a little bit, hearing the affirmation about Emiya’s help with the bastion. While time wasn’t on their side, the idle chatter allowed the Kage to remain somewhat calmed about all the things happening around her. Time flew by as she simply remained in the audience role for now as the two men conversed. She was still a but weakened from her previous battle against her sister but regardless of this she sighed. Emiya disappeared in a bright flash after handing over a scroll towards Zhongli. This left both her and her villager left behind but she wasn’t sure what Zhongli himself intended on doing from this point onward. “Needless to say, I didn’t succeed in Sado’s place…I took her after Banri Uzumaki took over briefly and soon afterwards retired from the role. It was sort of forced into my palms at that point honestly but I’ve been trying to do the best that I can. I’m surprised you knew of Shirou Emiya however, but honestly we don’t have much time to speak anymore” Mirabelle signaled for her summon to come down from the skies above. As the thunderbird came closer, she watched towards the nomad himself and asked the question. “So, what do you intend on doing, friend? There’s quite a bit of work to be done here and honestly I’ve already exhausted enough time fighting the last couple of days…I might take a break for now and head back to the village but even then that’s a long travel for now…” she said now looking into the direction of the Hayabusa Village. “Perhaps I should head home and see how things are there, I can sense many of them are in better health now…” she said out loud to herself. She nodded, looking back to Zhongli now.

I’ll be heading home for a few hours, can I count on you to look over things here for me? I cant seem to find any of my council members and its honestly disheartening…” she said; wondering where they are. All her regular forces showed up but it seems the council didn’t intend on fighting with her here. Not to mention Raiden was no longer around too, but rather she sensed him in the direction of the Witchwood Arena. Her brows knitted into frustration. “Worthless piece of…” she paused for a moment and simply started to fly away. Regardless of Zhongli’s answer, she knows the others can handle themselves. She wasn’t needed here unless political reasons got involved. Alas she flew heading towards the Hayabusa Village.

@Red-Robin @Imperfect

LLM.

Reactions: Red-Robin

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Though he still regarded the Listener with a cautious gaze, if he was an ally of Mira's, and from her Village, he was trustworthy enough to help watch his back if he so chose to follow Emiya into the jaws of the enemy.
"I wouldn't say no to a helping hand. That region is swarming with undead from what I've heard.
They basically have a choke hold on any and all trade between Bastion and Veskals, as they've apparently dug in deep, and set up reinforced outposts within the Dead Rivers, and are holding that location with a vice grip. If you ask me, they're too coordinated for this to be random."

Emiya then took a small scroll out from one of the pouches attached to his pants, and provided Zhongli a similar scroll to the one Mira had given him, allowing for distant communication.
Description:
The user will create 2 or more scrolls with an embedded sealing formula that connects them all together. As such, anything written in one scroll will appear written in all the connected scrolls. A very useful communication technique, it can connect scrolls regardless of the distance between them. To activate the scroll, the user needs to perform a key of hand seals that will be unique for each creation and only known to those the user wishes, preventing the use of the scrolls by those the user doesn't allow.
"I've got something to take care of before I make my way to the rivers, but our paths should converge there. If something happens, let me know by writing it in that scroll. Until then, Zhongli. And hopefully I'll see you soon as well, Mira."

With a flash of azure light, Emiya vanished, plunging into the paracausal ocean of energy that bend reality around him, allowing him to resurface back at his destination; Mistheaven. Sadly, aid would be hard found for them in Last Bastion, so he would need to consider alternatives.
(Kanki: Kyojin no Jidai) – Surge of Evocation: Epoch of Titans
Chakra Cost: 20-40
Description: Considered the father technique of Era of Gods and Dynasty of Kings, Epoch of Titans uses the Surge of Evocation's ability to teleport objects and Surgebinders to the Throne, and return them to the field.
The user, instead of applying this technique to their own body, can manifest Prana around any object or feature of the terrain to teleport it to the Throne and return it immediately or with a delayed timer. The teleported object can either reappear in a new location instantly, in the same manner as the user's own teleportation, or the user can set a delay of up to four turns and it will return on the first turn after the said number of turn elapses (e.g. a delay of 4 turns, the casting of this jutsu counting as the 1st, means it will reappear at the beginning of the user's 5th turn). The user can also create a technique or familiar with an aura of prana, which can only take affect in the same turn it is created, that allows the technique to teleport itself to a new location. This applies to virtually all type of jutsu except those which are streamed, as the user would find themselves unable to progress to this technique before the other reaches its end. This application occurs in the same timeframe as the jutsu cast and offensive jutsu teleported in this manner must reappear a minimum of five-meters away from any opponents unless the user is also within short-range of that opponent, in which it must reappear at least one meter away. The user cannot teleport any object or jutsu to or from a 1-meter distance from any opponents. However this entire variant cannot be applied to the opponent's jutsus which exceed B-Rank in chakra and it cannot be used on Noble Phantasms or Custom Weapons.
This variant involves surging a large amount of Prana throughout the user’s body in order to enter the Throne. Their body, and everything on their person, will disappear instantly in a flash of light reflecting the color of their Prana. The user will then reappear amidst another flash of light at a location of their choosing. If the user reappears within less than a meter of the opponent, the opponent can react with any instant, passive or freeform or chakraless technique. Reappearing is accompanied by a crackling sound, creating both an audible and visual queue. The instant use of this technique, which doesn't take a slot in the timefreame, is enabled by the fact that the ethereal energy already exists within their chakra systems. Thrice per battle the user can utilize a stronger version of this ability (S-Rank) to prolong their stay in the Throne. This allows them to exist within the alternate dimension as Prana, which effectively places their body in a stasis. This halts blood loss, the propagation of poisons, the duration of active techniques/abilities, and any other aliments or conditions. This will happen for as long as the user is within the Throne. The user can only remain there for a maximum of four turns per usage. The first application, considered A-Rank, can only be used once every three turns. It can also only be used four times per battle. The second application, considered S-Rank, can only be used three per battle and operates on the same cooldown as the A-Rank version. S-Rank applications render the user unable to use S-Rank or higher Prana for the next turn, if the user remains in the Throne for longer than a turn.

Leaving Landmark via teleportation. Heading to #227, Mistheaven.

Zhongli gave an affirming nod to the young man as he spoke to agree with Zhongli's prior offer. In that moment, he had spoken of Veskals as though a mere passing thought, yet that particular detail gave the Listener pause. Strangely, it came as no particular surprise that rogue was apart of all this somehow; at the bare minimum he had plans to manipulate those that were directly involved to profit exponentially no doubt. The Spider was a manipulative swindler who was surprisingly charismatic to boot, and though it had been many long years since Zhongli had heard about him, he had his reservations about believing anything had truly changed. In that moment, he considered the possibility that this oh-so-urgent "quest for justice" that Emiya was set on was in fact given by The Spider, offered in exchange for what he has claimed to be "something very important" that he desperately needs to find before something else happens among the recent events that have been taking place in Tobusekai.
Despite his trailing into his own thoughts, Zhongli never once shifted his attention from Emiya, remaining entirely present in the conversation that was swiftly drawing to a close. He watched as Emiya pulled forth a scroll that he then put together in a pair of two, handing one to the Nomad and keeping the other for himself. While Emiya began to explain the scrolls purpose, Zhongli had seen this particular technique more than once, which provided him an air of confidence in handling it. With a respecting yet casual grab of the scroll from Emiya as it was offered, he gave it a quick once over before tucking it away into his coat as he had done the last. It was a wonder how much stuff he had put away in this coat of his...
As Emiya remarked with his farewells, Zhongli offered a subtle bow of his head in return. "Travel safely, young Emiya. I shall see you at the Dead Rivers. " With that, he watched as Emiya seemingly vanished in a floury of his azure Prana. Though it was drastically darker and less vibrant than Zhongli's golden Prana, it still had a particular reflectiveness to it that drew the gaze in an admiring manner. Though Zhongli knew of the possibility for various Prana's to take various colorations, he was mildly curious to find out what true purpose such differentiation had between them. Did it only signify the intent and personality of the user, or could it be a way of determines ones honing capacity of Prana or the strength of their tether to The Throne? All questions he could investigate at a later time. For now, he turned his gaze sideward to eye Mirabelle, ready to listen to her in full now.

Mirabelle couldn’t help but remained a silent a little bit, hearing the affirmation about Emiya’s help with the bastion. While time wasn’t on their side, the idle chatter allowed the Kage to remain somewhat calmed about all the things happening around her. Time flew by as she simply remained in the audience role for now as the two men conversed. She was still a but weakened from her previous battle against her sister but regardless of this she sighed. Emiya disappeared in a bright flash after handing over a scroll towards Zhongli. This left both her and her villager left behind but she wasn’t sure what Zhongli himself intended on doing from this point onward. “Needless to say, I didn’t succeed in Sado’s place…I took her after Banri Uzumaki took over briefly and soon afterwards retired from the role. It was sort of forced into my palms at that point honestly but I’ve been trying to do the best that I can. I’m surprised you knew of Shirou Emiya however, but honestly we don’t have much time to speak anymore” Mirabelle signaled for her summon to come down from the skies above. As the thunderbird came closer, she watched towards the nomad himself and asked the question. “So, what do you intend on doing, friend? There’s quite a bit of work to be done here and honestly I’ve already exhausted enough time fighting the last couple of days…I might take a break for now and head back to the village but even then that’s a long travel for now…” she said now looking into the direction of the Hayabusa Village. “Perhaps I should head home and see how things are there, I can sense many of them are in better health now…” she said out loud to herself. She nodded, looking back to Zhongli now.

I’ll be heading home for a few hours, can I count on you to look over things here for me? I cant seem to find any of my council members and its honestly disheartening…” she said; wondering where they are. All her regular forces showed up but it seems the council didn’t intend on fighting with her here. Not to mention Raiden was no longer around too, but rather she sensed him in the direction of the Witchwood Arena. Her brows knitted into frustration. “Worthless piece of…” she paused for a moment and simply started to fly away. Regardless of Zhongli’s answer, she knows the others can handle themselves. She wasn’t needed here unless political reasons got involved. Alas she flew heading towards the Hayabusa Village.

@Red-Robin @Imperfect

LLM.

"Allow me to ask you a question, Mirabelle: What does it take to make a nation? " The question followed shortly after she had made the claim that they hadn't the time to speak anymore. It wasn't as though he was readily dismissing her sudden sense of urgency to depart, but he meant to make one final point beforehand. Before she could answer herself, or rather simply not wanting to waste time by waiting for her to respond, he gave the answer himself. "Nothing. It takes absolutely nothing to make a nation. A child may stake a branch with a shirt tied to it's top as a flag in their backyard and claim it as theirs among their friends. In that moment, a nation will have been born. The difficulty is in maintaining a nation, rather than building it, for the things that may destroy a nation are many. An adult may come along and topple that flag and scold the children for playing too ambitiously and causing a ruckus; the children will find something else to do, and in an instant, their nation has fallen. " Zhongli spoke up to the point in which she moved to mount her summons, a beast with a considerable wingspan and an elemental affinity that Zhongli could practically feel like a hum through the air. "Nothing was forced upon you, miss Mira. You were simply ambitious enough to stand up to the world and stop it from toppling your flag in that yard of yours. There is pride to be had in that, so try to move forward with your head high, always. You represent many and carry the weight of an era of tales you've now inherited. Do right by them by believing this was the role you were meant to do. "
With that, Zhongli began to harness a swelling of his own Prana as he believed the subject to have been concluded, anticipating Mira to have begun to take off as soon as he had finished speaking, yet she continued to inquire into his own affairs. Lifting his gaze back toward the woman, he continued to collect Prana around him; the shimmering energy dancing like a million flakes of gold around him, gradually growing denser and denser as it steadily swirled around him in a similar manner that Emiya's had done before. "My intent? The same as it always has been. I shall follow where I believe stories are being made and history defined before my eyes. I will catalog the tales of this age as I have done for ages passed. And I may put to rest a restless dead or two.. I suppose we shall see. " Zhongli's words carried with it an air of confidence before trickling into a flatter tone in his final words, speaking as if in a sarcastic manner, as though it was ever a possibility it wouldn't have been the case to begin with. "Fret not, young Tsumikage. While your efforts have been drastic and played a vital role for this city, these people and it's walls have stood the test of time for many, many years. They are no strangers to adversity, so they shall pull through. The people may change, the walls may change, but it's story is ever being woven from the same thread. That bond alone will preserve them, if they let it. " With that, Zhongli waited until Mira had left on her own terms before taking it upon himself to utilize the same application of his Prana that Emiya had done previously, granting him the means to flow in a steady pathway through a connection made for him by the Throne, uprooting himself from his current location and aiming to land himself nearest to the previously mentioned Dead Rivers, where he'd plan to overlook the field and await Emiya's arrival.

Chakra Cost: 20-40 (30)

This variant involves surging a large amount of Prana throughout the user’s body in order to enter the Throne. Their body, and everything on their person, will disappear instantly in a flash of light reflecting the color of their Prana. The user will then reappear amidst another flash of light at a location of their choosing. If the user reappears within less than a meter of the opponent, the opponent can react with any instant, passive or freeform or chakraless technique. Reappearing is accompanied by a crackling sound, creating both an audible and visual queue. The instant use of this technique, which doesn't take a slot in the timefreame, is enabled by the fact that the ethereal energy already exists within their chakra systems. Thrice per battle the user can utilize a stronger version of this ability (S-Rank) to prolong their stay in the Throne. This allows them to exist within the alternate dimension as Prana, which effectively places their body in a stasis. This halts blood loss, the propagation of poisons, the duration of active techniques/abilities, and any other aliments or conditions. This will happen for as long as the user is within the Throne. The user can only remain there for a maximum of four turns per usage. The first application, considered A-Rank, can only be used once every three turns. It can also only be used four times per battle. The second application, considered S-Rank, can only be used three per battle and operates on the same cooldown as the A-Rank version. S-Rank applications render the user unable to use S-Rank or higher Prana for the next turn, if the user remains in the Throne for longer than a turn

LLM ( 209 ) < ( 217 )

Last edited:

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from Here.

In a flourish of golden flakes like a blizzard in a concentrated bubble of space had swelled, in a final flash of light accompanied by an audible fizzling like electricity filling the air, Zhongli had emerged from the scene as if having materialized from thin air. He offered a gentle pat of either of his shoulders in a light brushing of his coat before setting his gaze upon the horizon, heading for the docks where he commandeered his place on one of the departing vessels, aiming to cross the western edge of the Kaijuu ocean, threading between the smaller islands, aimed to dock in the harbors of Theodoro, the eastern-most portion of the Nagi Island.

LLM via sea travel (1 hour) ( 209 ) < ( 260 )

Last edited:

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Alucard, His Edo and Ezikiel landed on the port of the destroyed Last Bastion. From here they would [redacted].

..He’s here.. Good.

Alucard had picked up Hawkes chakra from south west. Clearly he was on his way there. Alucard headed further into the continent.
LLM

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from: https://animebase.me/threads/witchwood-arena-208.757248/page-9#post-22075161

This post encompasses a B-rank mission containing the following storyboard elements:
  • Explore the history of something (3)
  • Negotiate for or speak on behalf of your clan (3)

Last Bastion was a complete dump, but that very fact also attracted the exact types of people the Brothers needed to facilitate a dry-eyed goodbye with their resident marble paperweights. Only a few hints dropped at the nearest waterhole had been enough. A lumbering grunt gave them a name to go on; Erastes Fulman. As the thick-headed thug told the story Erastes was not a man to cross. In the chaos following what the man described as an undead invasion – a revelation that made Hawke’s shoulders drop in resignation – Fulman had climbed out of obscurity and ascended to the classic position of crime kingpin. Business on the black market was booming, too. It was a tale as old as time.

As the Brothers strolled down a broad walkway between desiccated houses and decimated streets Hawke looked at the ruins of a once great city and wondered: what the hell had happened to the world in his absence?

~x~

The nerve center of Erastes Fulman’s criminal enterprise was an old brothel in one of the less demolished parts of the city. Hawke had to give the man kudos for making the effort. It was always nice to see a fellow crook with some class. The doormen were big, brutish and did not budge for a moment before a wizened old steward came to greet them. Monsieur Fulman was busy, of course, but Hawke was wise to the ancient customs and assured the steward that a considerable amount of money was involved. After that there were only minor obstacles on Garrett’s way to the boss’ office, mostly for show to emphasize the importance of monsieur’s time.

It was only a short while later that Hawke found himself seated on the other side of Erastes’ ornate desk in an equally ornate chair, rolling a quality cigar between his fingers while the man in front of him droned on about the power of friendship. Fulman kept a very the ostentatious office in the back of his bordello, quite the feat when Hawke could swear there were parts of the city still burning outside. The man himself was flabby, greasy in more ways than one and black of hair with a lot of it everywhere.

“So this is how it is,” Hawke heard Erastes say from what seemed like so far way, but the implication snapped him back into focus. “The statues are worth something, but they’d have to be stored for some time before going up for sale.” The man swirled a glass of wine in his hand absentmindedly and looked Hawke up and down. “It’s not exactly a secret what happened to them, after all.”

“They’re antiques,” Hawke explained casually, taking a puff from his cigar and enjoying its light and aromatic smoke. “The Freehold is gone for good and its trinkets are in short supply.” He waved dismissively with his free hand. “I’ll front you for storage, but let’s not pretend like they won’t turn a hefty profit.”

“Except the broken one,” Erastes remarked astutely, earning himself a minus Hawke’s friendship-o-meter.

“As historical artifacts sometimes are,” he retorted pointedly. “It adds to the appeal, yeah?”

“Yeah well,” Fulman responded with a hint of amusement that quickly turned to annoyance. “We’ve got to be careful in times like these. ‘Wrong place, wrong time’ has taken on a new meaning.”

“Been gone two years and change,” Hawke shrugged. “I thought a man like Ashikaga would be in charge by now.”

“Takauji?” Erastes snorted derisively. “He’s long dead and gone for longer. It’s chaos now. There’s disease, the dead walking, ancient horrors.” Fulman actually shuddered, making Hawke raise an eyebrow.

“It’s that bad, eh?”

“Gods-damned right it is,” the crime-lord grumbled with a shake of his head. “These chakra-wielding assholes used to mind their own business. Nowadays you walk through a fuckin’ warzone just to get groceries.” The man sighed and looked almost defeated for a moment. “Isabella, Madara, Alucard, Mirabelle, Hei, I could go on. Those sons of bitches are bombs with brains. They do whatever they want and don’t give a shit about us honest criminals. Blowing up cities, disturbing business, collecting taxes!” – Fulman seemed particularly outraged by that one. “It’s a damn disgrace is what it is.”

Hawke, in the meantime, had noticed on that list a couple of names that piqued his interest.

“Ninjutsu is a powerful weapon,” he offered sympathetically. “You just can’t get anywhere that matters without it.”

“Like I said,” Erastes harrumphed sourly. “It’s a damn disgrace. Every shinobi I got on my payroll is pampered diva, but I hold my tongue because they get the job done.”

“Got your own little regiment of Black Ones, do you?” Hawke asked with a disarming smirk to lighten the mood.

“They’re nothing like those guys,” Fulman did not even bother to pretend. “Anyone who cross people like them is dead meat anyway no matter what kind of protection they got. Some of them actually have the gall to call themselves the Champions of Humanity and that’s with all the killing going on.”

Hawke gave a grunt in agreement as he took in another lungful of smoke. Friend Erastes was talking so delightfully freely, after all.

“An abomination called Phetra raised the city and I’m the only one left trying to pick up the pieces after these so-called Champions of Humanity rolled through here like boulders.” The man wrung his hands agitatedly and Hawke idly wondered if his goons usually got same, rambling treatment.

“Madara and Isabella,” Hawke repeated their names absentmindedly on the surface. He stubbed his cigar in a bejeweled ashtray and leaned back into his ornate seat. “It’s like I said. Ninjutsu can be a powerful weapon.”

Fulman looked nervous, but it was not because of Hawke’s presence. These recent years had really taken their toll on even a man like him.

“It’s not just the chakra-wielders,” the man almost confided in Hawke to guess by his tone. “Mother Tiamat and her children,” and there was that shudder again. “Her Voidlords are unspeakable, beyond understanding. There are horrors from lairs of ancient evil, indeed from the land of the dead itself. Thousands perish at their whim; we all exist at their mercy. Us mortals squabble like children in the shadow of their deeds, too blind to see doom approa-argh!”

“Come off it, man,” Hawke barked impatiently as he slapped him hard across the face, all in the hope of silencing that infernal driveling. “Easy.”

Erastes just stared at him in mute shock, a good sign Hawke decided as he reached for another cigar, but soon the red color on the crime-lord’s one check spread to the rest of his face as confusion was replaced with apoplectic fury.

“Who the hell do you think-argh!“

The second slap was harder than the first; a backhand for emphasis. Hawke saw the white in the crime-lord’s eyes for a moment before the anger returned.

“Guar-argh!”

After the third slap Erastes was on the floor and Hawke out of his chair for the sake of reach. It was in that state that the two obviously chakra-wielding guards found them as they burst into the office with twin battle cries.

“Kill this motherf-ARGH!”

Hawke chuckled audibly at Erastes’ yelp of pain. It was almost worth the coming hassle.

Almost.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post encompasses an A-rank mission containing the following storyboard elements:
  • Win a fight without your ninjutsu (5)
  • Choose between what is right and what is easy (3)

Hawke did crime for money and had been doing it for as long as he could remember. There was an exact moment after his third robbery as a juvenile where Garrett recalled admitting to himself that he was a bad man. It had been a cathartic, almost Zen-like experience and it had made the many robberies that followed a lot easier on his soul. There had been times where responsibilities called, yes, but for almost thirty years Hawke’s passion had been first money, and then the power that came from having money. Twenty-year-old Hawke dreamt of dying peacefully in his own palace, survived only by a massive harem and a massive-er fortune – all to be buried with him, of course.

As he watched one of his own molars gracefully soar through the air however, forty-year-old Hawke wondered if, in a few rare cases, money was simply not worth the hassle that came with the thug life. It was an upsetting thought and only the mild concussion caused by the sudden impact of his head against the far office wall snapped Hawke’s focus back to the situation at hand. He glared at the sucker-puncher extraordinaire with narrowed eyes, but Fulman’s guard only waved at him with the offending hand. He was a bulky brute, much faster than his size would suggest however. Hawke had decided to call him Roid the moment he laid eyes on the pale blond. The guard’s olive-skinned partner was harder to get a fix on, but the older woman carried her blade like an extension of herself. She would make a fine Blade. Hawke was a firm believer in the eye test and it was plain to see that these guys were good.

“What are you waiting for!?” Erastes wailed from behind his desk as he nursed his red cheek. “Kill him!”

Hawke silenced him with a thrown leg weight, while Roid batted away the one thrown at him with the back of his hand. ‘One for two though,’ Hawke thought to himself chuckling. ‘Not bad.’ The lapse in focus nearly cost him his head, but instead the woman’s blade cleaved a supporting pillar in two as Hawke leapt to safety. Roid’s follow-up jab strafed his shoulder, but Hawke blocked the second attack with his forearm before twisting his body to allow sparks instead of blood to fly as Blade’s sword clanged against his metal shinguards. Another twist and those same shinguards struck Roid on the hip as Hawke’s kick sent the guard staggering sideways.

‘Since when was money not worth the hassle?’ Hawke brooded mentally. He was a criminal of the people. All coin was good coin to him. The Brothers could have set up a protection racket anywhere and lived off the fruits of other people’s labor, but that all seemed so droll.

A buzzing crescent of chakra sliced through a bookcase behind him as Hawke ducked under the blue projectile, courtesy of Blade. He caught the follow-through slash with his metal bracer, ready to take advantage. Roid had other plans however, as the hulking guardsman tackled Hawke to the floor, then transformed his very arm into a monstrous axe that he swung heavily at his would-be victim. A slight jerk of Garrett’s head saw the fleshy-looking weapon hit air instead of his skull and the momentum of the strike let Hawke boost the man’s tackle into a stumble as a simple push sent him crashing into Erastes’ desk. Hawke landed heavily on the mahogany floor with a gasp instead.

‘Maybe it’s time for a change,’ Hawke conceded to himself as he stared up at a ceiling mural that centered on a deity with Erastes face being worshipped by small, indistinguishable figures. The Brothers could afford to be pickier about their work. He could always just get his thrills on an ad-hoc basis, or if a worthy causes presented itself. Hawke sighed internally as he studied the depiction of the divine Erastes figure in detail, noting the sneering curl of its lip. Tyrannical rule was fun for a while, but in time the shine always gave way to stress.

A second crescent projectile knocked him off his train of thoughts as it bit into his back, Hawke having been just a hairsbreadth too slow to roll out of its way. A follow-up stab embedded itself into the flooring just inches from Hawke’s private parts, but with a jerky kick he swept Blade’s legs and sent her tumbling to the ground with a yelp. It allowed him a moment to get back on his feet, but he was quickly assailed by a flurry of almost superhuman strikes from Roid, who now sported two flesh axes in place of his hands. Hawke bobbed and weaved as best he could, but one slicing strike caught him in the arm and drew blood. Needing space, Garrett set off with one leg towards the now overturned desk and then again off of its surface to deliver a jumping spin back kick that audibly snapped a bone in Roid’s shoulder. The huge bulky man made a whining sound before being thrown bodily into a nearby sofa arrangement.

‘I don’t want easy jobs, but I do want easy money,’ Hawke thought to himself as he leaned his upper body back at the last moment, allowing Blade’s blade to pass by the tip of his nose harmlessly. The woman herself spun on her axis and turned the vertical slash into a horizontal one, but Hawke drew Dark Sister with a flick of his wrist and met the blade right before it met his neck. ‘There used to be a code, and order,’ Hawke almost pouted. ‘But now it’s free-for-all chaos.’

Roid’s furious war cry snapped him from his stupor. Hawke again made use of his flexibility to drop into a perfect split, this just as both of the blond’s axe-hands – now enhanced by a kind of chakra booster growing out of his elbow – whooshed through the space he had occupied only a split-second before. Blade was not so lucky; having stumbled forward for just a moment as the pressure from Hawke’s blade unexpectedly vanished. Her detached head landed nearly five feet away and guts spilled out onto the floor from the accompanying cut to her stomach. The hulking guardsman, to his credit, did not miss a beat and simply took advantage of Hawke’s low position to knee him right in the face. The resulting fountain of blood spattered across an intricate carpet as Hawke himself came crashing into Erastes desk.

Maybe some temporary responsibility would do him well, Hawke weighed mentally. He had never administered so much as a household shopping list before, but he was pretty sure that he could get the country up and running again if he just had the chance. With Ashikaga dead, who else would reestablish some Gods-damned order in the world? Make he could manage a redo of the Freehold, something like the Neo-Hangurian Freehold perhaps?

A wild high kick by Roid smashed a few vases on a nearby shelf as Hawke once again leaned away from the attack’s trajectory. The monstrous guardsman’s follow up dual strike shattered the desk into a thousand splinters, but it also gave Hawke an opening. With a sure hand he struck Roid with a palm strike right in the gonads and then gave him a mean upper-cut as the man moved to protect the family jewels. It was not much, but it was enough to let Hawke pin the man’s arms against the floor and start head-butting the man to oblivion.

“I’ll kill you, Roid!” Hawke screamed into the man’s face, trying not to think about the pain in his skull as he smashed his forehead against the guard’s face again and again.

“My name is Albert!” The monstrosity screeched in response through the blood filling his mouth, flailing wildly trying to escape Hawke’s grip. His struggles gradually dissipated as two head-butts became twenty however and when Hawke finally stopped the man was stone dead. What little remained of his head and face looked like a cratered melon. Garrett’s own mug, decisively less destroyed, still looked like the site of a tomato sauce explosion. He could taste the blood in his mouth, his own and Roid’s.

“WHOOOO!” Hawke hooted in wild, post-combat elation, slapping his palm against Roid’s chest as he enjoyed the sunset of a long adrenaline rush. “What a ride! You lot really did a number on me, yeah? Fuckin’ hell!”
Erastes was already dead when he went to check on him, probably crushed under Roid’s body when he crashed into his master’s desk the first time. It was a mess, but despite the loss of profit the fight had cost him Hawke found that he did not regret it in the least. Screw the sculptures, screw the hassle. He would put the damn things in his own palace instead, and why not? It was time to reestablish some orderly hierarchy around here, and the big dog always got what he wanted.

• Love
Reactions: Lili-Chwan

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post encompasses an A-rank mission containing the following storyboard elements:
  • Negotiate for or speak on behalf of your clan (3)
  • Establish control over a hostile area (5)

“Cool it, people!” Hawke hollered with authority while motioning for his unwilling audience to quiet down, though without much luck.

It had taken a lot of elbow grease and many hard hours to sift through the ruins of Last Bastion in search of those of the city’s inhabitants who still remained within the walls. Through cajoling, threats and violence – and even a few bribes if Misk was to be believed – the Brothers had managed to round up most of the dwellers. For every damp basement they dragged a family from however, Hawke suspected that many remained hidden away in their makeshift hidey-holes. Still, the ones they had found made for quite the assembly. It was a sight to see. Some were yelling or wailing; others cried or cursed Hawke and his men as a few Brothers herded the newest arrivals into the open courtyard where Garrett had decided to hold court. There were a lot of people. Certainly enough for a quorum, Hawke thought to himself with a dry chuckle.

Brok whistled loud enough that there was a ringing in Hawke’s ears for a moment, but it did the trick of getting everyone’s attention. Even those at the edge of the herd turned and looked up at the raised platform of wooden planks that Hawke was standing on. The cacophony simmered down into a buzz and then finally into nothing, and there was blessed peace for Hawke to explain the new way of things.

“Now I appreciate everyone’s attention and I’ll try to make this short and sweet.” Hawke began his mostly improvised speech as he casually walked the length of the platform. “My name’s Garrett Hawke, and after giving it much thought I’ve decided to reestablish order.” He let the revelation hang in the air for a moment before he continued.

“You see, I quite liked it when the Freehold was in charge, flaws and all. Everyone knew where they stood and men like me could make a living under the code their order upheld. It wasn’t always fair, but it kept everything calm as long as nobody rocked the boat too much.” Hawke snapped his fingers off to the side and caught the folded scroll that a Brother threw to him on cue, holding it up for the crowd to see.

“This,” he gestured strongly towards the sizeable roll of paper. “Is what we’ll call the Scroll of Grudges. This and its many copies are creations of mine, made for a singular purpose; and with it you will rebuild this city.” A few spectators perked up at that, but the crowd remained in a state of silent anticipation. Hawke knew he had their attention.

“The solution is simple. You will rebuild the city, or you will leave it. Refuse that choice and you will die. One of my men will stay here and every day he’ll make a list of those who do not work. If you are on it, you will die when I return here. If you cannot work then you must leave the city immediately.”

There was a collective cry of outrage from the crowd, every townsperson there yelling and gesturing while surging towards the platform, but Hawke released black threads of formulae from his fingertips that met them halfway. One of them, raised just high enough so as to be safe, detonated loudly like an explosive tag at its point, causing the mob to hesitate.

“You don’t seem to understand!” Hawke barked with the authority of a deadly threat of violence. He gestured to a Brother at the edge of the stage who moved closer and held up a decapitated head. It was bloody, but the features of its face made it clear to see who it had once belonged to.

“This is the head of Erastes Fulman,” he introduced the pale noggin before the Brother unceremoniously threw it into the crowd, provoking more than a few startled screams. “If you knew his power, know that I am more powerful. You will rebuild this city, or else you’ll move on in one way or another. Divvy up what’s to be done and manage yourselves as you please, but disturb the work and you’ll suffer. Kill my Brother and I will kill you slowly before destroying this whole city once and for all.”

Garrett clapped his hands together loudly, which seemed to end the spell his little firework display had put on the crowd. The onslaught of yelling returned with a vengeance. One voice was loud enough to stand out among the others:

“What about those too young or too old to work!?” the voice cried out in shock.

“Children will work or their parents will work for two,” Hawke replied as coolly as if he were explaining the morning’s forecast “And I’ve heard that the old in the North sometimes wander off during winter to die alone and spare others the burden. I suggest you do the same.”

“What about food and supplies!?” another dweller shouted, prompting a wave of muttered words of agreement.”

“Shake off the dead weight and do what you must,” was Garrett’s disinterested reply. “I’ve seen more than a few fat rats ‘round here ripe for eating.” That incensed the crowd something fierce however and the Brothers in front of the stage struggled to stem the tide as the wave of people surged towards the platform, countless hands grasping for Hawke.

“You’re killing us!” a woman was shrieking.

“My son is sick!” another wailed.

“We’re starving!” an old man croaked tearfully.

“Spare us, please!” they all begged, howling like banshees for the right to their meager lives here in the smoldering ruins of a bygone age. It was a damn disgrace, as Erastes would have put it. Hawke did not respond to their pleas and instead turned away from them to face the storefront of the late Fulman’s bordello. It was a shame to do away with it, but the people needed a little demonstration. Hawke was not much of a believer in the power of the carrot, not while the stick had such an impressive track record.

Unseen by his audience Garret’s eyes flashed purple and as he slowly raised one hand the very courtyard rumbled and shook. Hunks of rock were raised from beneath ruined houses, joined by bricks, lumps of clay and other hard sediment, all of it converging into a growing sphere above its creator’s head. The crowd been silenced by the spectacle and most watched closely as the sphere grew from man-sized to larger than a carriage. Hawke inspected his creation for a moment and with a satisfied nod he flicked his wrist, sending the small meteor rocketing towards the brothel as if shot out of a cannon. It struck the base of the building with the force of a falling celestial object, fracturing into a thousand equally dangerous pieces as it tore the front half of the building right off and peppering the rest with a rain of fist-sized rocks that shredded the foundation like papier-mâché. The entire structure groaned and collapsed completely in just a handful of seconds, causing a cloud of dust and dirt to wash over the courtyard.

“Work, flee or die!” Hawke roared over the sounds of countless coughs and crying children, his eyes their usual green again. “I will be back within the moon’s turn to inspect your progress.” He casually threw the Scroll of Grudges to Shirvan, the one who had previously thrown Erastes’ head into the crowd.

“I hope you like complaints, Brother,” Garrett said with a knowing smirk, one that Shirvan mirrored.

“Jes, Bovs,” the grizzled veteran slurred in response, snapping a sloppy salute that drew a merry laugh from Hawke as he stepped down from the platform. The Brothers had a bet going on to see how long it would take the good people of Last Bastion to realize that Shirvan was as deaf as a post.

- Leaving for the Kaijuu Ocean

Description:
( Doujutsu: Rinnegan ) Eye Technique: Samsara Eye
Chakra: N/A ( -5 per turn )
Description: One of the 3 great Doujutsu, the Rinnegan has, like the other, the ability to see chakra and the chakra flow of individuals. It also allows the user a great clarity of perception and tracking abilities, although its levels vary from user to user. It also grants a family of abilities collectively known as the Six Paths Technique. The user is also able to summon and control the Demonic Statue of the Outer Path. Certain Rinnegan abilities have only been demonstrated by single users: Madara can create corporeal shadows in the invisible world of Limbo; Momoshiki is able to absorb any ninjutsu with his right Rinnegan and release it with his Left Rinnegan; Urashiki is capable of moving through time and space when different eyes are activated. While Nagato was never able to deactivate his eyes, Madara and other wielders could switch at will between their other eyes and Rinnegan eyes, although Uchiha aren't able to go from 3 Tomoe to Rinnegan directly. Due to implanting Madara's Rinnegan into his eye, Obito loses the ability to deactivate this eye, much like Nagato.
Note: Can only be used by Rinnegan users excluding Sasuke.
Note: Requires activation ( spending move ) for other Rinnegan bios but remains active indefinetely afterwards if the user chooses to. After having for 1 month, user becomes able to switch between both doujutsu without spending a move. In the case of Madara, user needs to have activated EMS before and had it active for 1 full turn before activating.
( Tendō ) - Deva Path
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: N/A
Description: The Deva Path grants the user the ability to manipulate attractive and repulsive forces with objects and people. These gravity manipulating techniques, however, cannot be performed in rapid succession; the amount of time required to recharge after use varies depending on the scale of the technique used, five seconds being the basic minimum. The Deva Path also grants another ability: Chibaku Tensei which allows the user to create a huge makeshift terrestrial body from all the surrounding matter that is attracted to a black sphere released by this technique.
Note: Can only be used by Rinnegan biographies with access to the Six Paths Ability.
( Rikudō no Jutsu: Hōkai ) - Six Paths Technique: Collapse
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: This is a variation of Chibaku Tensei where, on a much smaller scale, the user raises his hands and, using the gravitation forces, generates a moderately sized sphere out of nearby debris overhead, then thrusts his arms downward, sending it crashing into the ground like a meteor.
Note: Can only be used by Rinnegan biographies with the (Tendō) - Deva Path active

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from #212, Port of Innovus via teleportation.

Arriving in a flash of azure Prana, and a displacement of the air around him, Emiya arrived in Last Bastion. Perhaps arriving in a public area, like the crowded street he decided to land in on a while was not the brightest idea the Surgebinder had, but what's done was done, and to their credit the people of Last Bastion were only surprised by the positioning of the arrival, rather than the arrival itself. Perhaps it was a common occurrence for people to randomly teleport to Marketplaces for no reason than to indulge their capitalistic tendencies, and sate their baser curiosity?

First Emiya approached the Notice Board, and was entirely surprised that, somehow, several months had passed since they had entered Irkalla if the numerous postings and job listings on the board were to be believed. The Champions had entered while it was early spring, and yet it was now mid to late autumn. The only explanation that could be given was that, for one reason or another, Irkalla had a flow of time that was independent to the material plane. If that was true, then even though it had been several hours since the Champions reemergence from Irkalla, Ereshkigal wouldn't have been fighting the encroaching Void for that long. Despite being unable to help, that thought alone gave Emiya some hope, and leant truth to Solomon's words that Humanity would see the Goddess again.

With him up to date on the comings and goings of the world, Emiya then decided to check out the stalls. Perhaps some new toys had come out in the last few months he was apparently gone. His window shopping left him wanting, as technology was not quite so quick to develop, and nothing took his fancy. With one turn down the wrong street everything took a turn, though not necessarily for the worse. One stall after another the wares and goods being sold were just as odd as the strangers peddling them. From street to alley, alley to arcade, Emiya soon found himself in a cramped snicket, little room to breathe between the homes sandwiching him and the few beggars that called this tiny slice of the Bastion home. One, an emaciated man, skin clinging to bone, nary a hint of fat in his body nor joy in his life had spread out before him a number of trinkets, most likely stolen. While most of it was junk, two of the items being sold were very similar to artifacts Emiya recovered from Irkalla. Upon inspection Emiya could tell neither were from the "accumulation" type, meaning they "spent" charges gathered by certain actions. The man probably mistook them for random junk because he lacked the means to gather charges to actually use them. One voice called out from within the deepest recesses of Emiya's mind, "Just kill him and take them. Not like he could use them even if he wanted, the stupid bastard.". Emiya immediately cast the voice back into the void within his mind. Looking back to the man, Emiya pointed at the pair he was interested in.

"How much for those two?"

With a clearly strained breath, the figured sighed and pushed the trinkets aside, revealing tiny tags of paper beneath, the price of each being surprisingly high. While he couldn't use them, it was clear he understood that these were not mere pieces of junk. Perhaps there was more to the man than first met the eye, the decrepit figure smiling slyly at Emiya's realization. With a look of surprise and shock in equal measure, Emiya then held out his hand, a small pouch appearing in a flash of blue energy. He gingerly left the pouch before the man on his cloth before pocketing the artifacts, and leaving the rather grimy alleyway, as well as Last Bastion as a whole. Rather than simply skip to his next destination, Emiya wanted to take some time to enjoy a journey for once. Everything had been so hectic these last few months, and the teleporting around the world wasn't exactly helping keep him grounded in reality, so he left Last Bastion, a small skip in his step, his next destination was "home".

Purchasing two Void Infused Artifacts. Total cost = 8500 Ryo.

(Mukō: Ikari Wasure San) – Void: Wrath of the Forgotten One (3,500 Ryo).

(Mukō: Yūryō) – Void: Charged (5,000 Ryo).​

Leaving Landmark via itinerary.

209 1:35 am > 210 at 2:35 am > 211 3:35 am > 212 4:35 am > 207 5:35 am > 206 6:35 am.

Arriving in Radiant Fields at approx 6:35 am.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Alucard and Lilith arrived at last Bastion. On their way, Zev had crumbled to dust.. Anyway.

Time to make a purchase.

Alucard strutted towards the marketplace and scouted the wares..

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
..Perhaps when better things arrive..

Alucard was not impressed with the wares that were sold at the Bastion this time around. His personal void artifact collection were far better. Instead, he would perform a few handseals and summon back Zev from Irkalla.

( Kuchiyose Kinjutsu: Edo Tensei ) - Forbidden Summoning Technique: Impure World Reincarnation
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 40 (-20 per resurrection per turn )
Description: The Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation is a forbidden technique used to revive the dead. To perform this technique, the user must first acquire some of the DNA of the person they intend to revive such as limbs, organs or merely blood samples. The soul of the intended revived must also reside in the pure world (jōdo) those whose soul has been consumed by the Death God, or have been previously sealed by other methods cannot be resurrected. Next, a living sacrifice is required for the soul of the resurrected to use as a vessel. Once all prerequisites for the technique have been met, the acquired DNA of the person is smeared on a special scroll and once the scroll is activated, the remains spread out in the form of a special seal with the living sacrifice in the centre. Then dust and ash encase the sacrifice's body, giving them the same appearance that the revived had at the time of their death. The person is then revived and the end product is usually stored in a casket until summoned by the user by performing the Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands handseals. When the user summons the revived soul, a casket first appears before revealing the revived soul. The Edo Tensei Summoning can be countered by sealing away the targets soul or by having the summoner cancel the technique. As they are unlikely to do this voluntarily, using a genjutsu to trick them into cancelling the technique is ideal. The sequence of hand seals for cancelling the technique is Rat → Ox → Monkey → Tiger → Dragon → Boar and saying Kai. If the summoner dies before the technique is deactivated, then this method is impossible. If the summoned soul's controlling tag is overcome or disabled by a technique or if the user so wishes it, the summoned soul or the user can both sever the contract through the use of the Snake → Ram → Boar → Dog → Tiger seals. The summoned soul is then left as an immortal revived soul, autonomous and without any link to the summoner.
Note: A bio can only have up to a total of three souls for revival which must abide by a few rules, specific for the technique.
Note: The user of the technique can only have up to 3 Vessels in total. Orochimaru, Kabuto and Tobirama are able to have up to 2 Vessels present in battle though only one of these can be a vessel from a battle.
Note: If the user purchases the vessel, it can only have access to single abilities such as their HA/KG/AE. If a vessel is obtained through battle, he is able to utilize the bio's Dual Abilities, Modes and AN if obtained. Only the canon techniques of these are possible, however.
Note: The Edo Summons pertain to the bio and not the user, and only one of the bios of the user can use Edo tensei.
Note: A member must attain biographies in an offical match approved by 2 roleplay moderators for both the revival and sacrifice and cannot be given a biography willingly.
Note: Technique can only be used once per battle/event.

Welcome back Zev. Figured the technique had casually ended.

The undead one nodded while Lilith ran towards him and gave him a large hug. She had missed him even if it were just for a few days. Alucard smiled towards his two companions and put on his red hat. Zev looked up towards him as he embraced Lilith.

Were to sire?

Follow me.

The three headed out of the Last Bastion and continued north for Siren's Lair.

LLM

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from: Armory of Marzan.

Emiya skipped any and all pre-amble, appearing in a bright flash before one of the communications hubs in Last Bastion. At first he was simply browsing, seeing very little news since his last visit, but before long he took a scrap of parchment and began scrawling a note onto it. As guilty as he felt subjecting his new friend to the horrors of sleepless nights, with the advent of the likes of Phetra and Nefarian more likely on the horizon, Emiya knew keeping Marzan's existence a secret for any longer would only wind up hurting humanity moving forward. With a note now added to the noticeboard, he took a moment to collect himself before returning to Innovus.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Arriving from : https://animebase.me/threads/kaijuu-ocean-260.757194/page-4#post-22098239
-------------
Mugetsu gets off his ferry and thanks his hosts for the free ride. He stares at the ruins of a destroyed city, people everywhere working to reconstruct the city

Not much of a last bastion
We should be fine to travel north from here, reach another port
Let's walk around for a while, been at the sea for long

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Coming from: Armory of Marzan.

Emiya skipped any and all pre-amble, appearing in a bright flash before one of the communications hubs in Last Bastion. At first he was simply browsing, seeing very little news since his last visit, but before long he took a scrap of parchment and began scrawling a note onto it. As guilty as he felt subjecting his new friend to the horrors of sleepless nights, with the advent of the likes of Phetra and Nefarian more likely on the horizon, Emiya knew keeping Marzan's existence a secret for any longer would only wind up hurting humanity moving forward. With a note now added to the noticeboard, he took a moment to collect himself before returning to Innovus.
Lucifer sensed the familiar life force of one of the fellow champions from the raid, having been some time since he'd seen his former allies, he would approach them. Discovering the man placing a post on the noticeboard, Lucifer would speak in greeting, discovering it was in fact Emiya before him.

The red headed man had faced death more than once in the raid, but he seemed to have recovered well.

"Emiya, it has been some time, how have you been?"

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lucifer sensed the familiar life force of one of the fellow champions from the raid, having been some time since he'd seen his former allies, he would approach them. Discovering the man placing a post on the noticeboard, Lucifer would speak in greeting, discovering it was in fact Emiya before him.

The red headed man had faced death more than once in the raid, but he seemed to have recovered well.

Mugetsu notices a man awkwardly approach another, followed by an awkward introduction.
He thinks in his head. Introverts.... He walks up to the dude from behind

Is he your lover? Make it more organic. Put some energy in to it, make him feel the excitement man

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Mugetsu notices a man awkwardly approach another, followed by an awkward introduction.
He thinks in his head. Introverts.... He walks up to the dude from behind

Is he your lover? Make it more organic. Put some energy in to it, make him feel the excitement man
Emiya kept looking through a number of the posts on the noticeboard, one post mentioning rising tensions in the Land of Fire. It could be coincidence that Isabella mentioned that that is where Nefarian was potentially set up, but the timing was far too good to be mere coincidence. Lost in thought, he was taken aback as a familiar voice drew his attention.

"Oh, Lucifer. I've been... Okay.
Last couple of days have been a trial to say the least, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. How have you bee-?"

As they were making light conversation, a stranger inserted himself into their conversation, presuming the pair to be lovers for some reason. The intent seemed playful rather than malicious, so Emiya gave the man a slightly forced laugh, and returned to his conversation.

"Anyway, like I was saying, I've been good. Left with that Blacksmith we saved from Irkalla, went to his Forge, I died, I got a sword that can cut causality and kill Gods, you know, same old. How have you been?"

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,106💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Emiya kept looking through a number of the posts on the noticeboard, one post mentioning rising tensions in the Land of Fire. It could be coincidence that Isabella mentioned that that is where Nefarian was potentially set up, but the timing was far too good to be mere coincidence. Lost in thought, he was taken aback as a familiar voice drew his attention.

Last couple of days have been a trial to say the least, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. How have you bee-?"

As they were making light conversation, a stranger inserted himself into their conversation, presuming the pair to be lovers for some reason. The intent seemed playful rather than malicious, so Emiya gave the man a slightly forced laugh, and returned to his conversation.
"Anyway, like I was saying, I've been good. Left with that Blacksmith we saved from Irkalla, went to his Forge, I died, I got a sword that can cut causality and kill Gods, you know, same old. How have you been?"
Lucifer regarded the strange man who interjected with a look of bemusement, they sold all kinds of substances in the Last Bastion's seedier market stalls, perhaps this man had fell victim to some of the infamous hallucinogenic mushrooms. Turning back he would listen to Emiya speak.

"Things have been, confusing to say the least. Our time in Irkalla seems to have taken much longer up here in the real world than it did down there, the revelations of Phetra's death have echoed across the world already and now I'm seeing word of ancient weapons. It seems I've found the source of those rumours perhaps? Cutting causality sounds quite fantastic indeed, I could have used the aid of something that powerful when I fought a rampaging tailed beast recently."

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Lucifer regarded the strange man who interjected with a look of bemusement, they sold all kinds of substances in the Last Bastion's seedier market stalls, perhaps this man had fell victim to some of the infamous hallucinogenic mushrooms. Turning back he would listen to Emiya speak.

"Things have been, confusing to say the least. Our time in Irkalla seems to have taken much longer up here in the real world than it did down there, the revelations of Phetra's death have echoed across the world already and now I'm seeing word of ancient weapons. It seems I've found the source of those rumours perhaps? Cutting causality sounds quite fantastic indeed, I could have used the aid of something that powerful when I fought a rampaging tailed beast recently."

Mugetsu closes his eyes and nods
No doubt no doubt... gods and forges. Where they at btw? I'm asking for a friend