Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
The undead army had been pushed out of the city and proper defenses had been erected. In the process of this, I came across A Tattered Note, and placed it safely within my armor. I was unaware of its purpose, but I was sure it might have some sort of use. Now it was time to continue hunting the undead to ensure that they'd be contained on the eastern continent.

-Leaving Landmark-

Travel Itinerary: #209-> #220 -> #219 -> #221 -> #222 -> #223
Departing #209 Last Bastion at 04:20 PM(12/06/20)
#220: 04:20 PM - 05:20 PM
#219: 05:20 PM - 06:20 PM
#221: 06:20 PM - 07:20 PM
#222: 07:20 PM - 08:20 PM
Arriving at #223 Dead Rivers at 08:20 PM (12/06/20)

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Alas her travels has lead her to the south western side of the Last Bastion. Mirabelle’s travels lead to her arriving back to the still rather defunct nation – but it seems the undead that once plagued the streets has reduced in numbers, many continue to loiter around from time to time but alas this was to be expected. As she entered into the city, she noticed that her creation from before was no where to be seen until she found the kunai used to create her. She was of great help in representing Mira while she was off taking care of her own business for the village. One of the Tsumigakure ninjas would appear behind her, kneeling as they gave a the status update. “Sandaime-sama…seems many of the demonic beings are withdrawing from the city. We managed to get things under control” he said. Mirabelle nodded and gave him the scroll containing the supplies she picked up at Veskal’s Exchange.

Take that and distribute it among those who need it” she said; now looking into the distance. Once she was left alone, she wondered where Chise was. She released a light breeze across the landscape, allowing her to immediately detect the location of her student. She would bite her thumb, making a quick set of hand seals as she summoned a thunderbird directly underneath her to ride on. As the mythical creature took to the skies, she guided it towards Chise’s location though summoning the bird caused storm clouds to begin to gather over the landscape. This was a testament to the power of her summon but once she approached Chise, the bird landed on the ground allowing Mirabelle to drop down next to her. “Chise, anything to report?” Mirabelle asked to her student.

You must be registered for see images

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage: N/A
Description: A wind technique similar to the chakra sensing rain technique, the user infuses their chakra into the surround air create a light breeze across the battlefield. This breeze is capable of sensing the chakra of people or objects it comes in contact with. The breeze will die out after three turns once activated and can only be used twice per battle.
~Deactivates after three turns.
~Can only be used twice per battle.
Type: Defense/Attack/Suplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description:
To summon the creature the ninja will wipe blood on his hand, perform the Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey → Ram handseals and then touch the ground or another object, where a sealing formula will appear. Though it appears that as long as significant pressure is placed against the blood in some form, the summon will be complete, most summoning uses use a solid surface, though in some cases it can even be done mid air. There can be variations to the summoning steps, some ninja like Temari will wipe blood on her fan, then by swinging the fan the animal is summoned. Other ninja like Orochimaru wipe the blood across a snake tattoo on their arm first, then touch the ground. Others will clap their hands directly like Nagato through the use of his Animal Path. The user must have signed the contract with the creature he wants to summon but the technique can be used to summon a generic creature of that contract (B-Rank) which will have no special traits or abilities beyond those normal to the rest of the animals in the contract. The animal is always summoned on the mark that appears upon slamming the users hand or, if not the case, always in short range of the user.

Came from: https://animebase.me/threads/kaijuu-ocean-260.757194/post-22056533
@Red-Robin

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Spawning in for Arc 18.

Naruto had finally made it near his destination, it was his intention to see just what the Witchwood Arena had to offer and would hope to test his mettle against some strong foes. The young shinobi continued to stroll through Last Bastion and onwards to his destination.

LLM

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from #227, Mistheaven.

As is natural for one leaping West across the entire Eastern continent through manipulating the fabric of space-time, Emiya arrived in Last Bastion earlier in the day than when he left Mistheaven. In fact upon his arrival it was still clearly night. Though the entire city was enveloped in the cold hues of the night, Emiya could easily make out the sheer destruction inflicted upon the city.

"By the Gods... I knew it would be bad, but this..."

He did not have the words to properly convey his rage and sorrow that such an event had occurred, fueled by his earlier hesitance to even consider helping. Luckily for him, his "employer" seemed a generous type, downright magnanimous in fact, for despite this being purely for his own benefit, it still resulted in innocent lives receiving help they clearly needed. There was little he could do at this hour that would have a proper effect, so instead Emiya played the role of silent guardian, watching over Last Bastion with his bow in hand, and waiting for daybreak, and the chance to do some good.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alas her travels has lead her to the south western side of the Last Bastion. Mirabelle’s travels lead to her arriving back to the still rather defunct nation – but it seems the undead that once plagued the streets has reduced in numbers, many continue to loiter around from time to time but alas this was to be expected. As she entered into the city, she noticed that her creation from before was no where to be seen until she found the kunai used to create her. She was of great help in representing Mira while she was off taking care of her own business for the village. One of the Tsumigakure ninjas would appear behind her, kneeling as they gave a the status update. “Sandaime-sama…seems many of the demonic beings are withdrawing from the city. We managed to get things under control” he said. Mirabelle nodded and gave him the scroll containing the supplies she picked up at Veskal’s Exchange.

Take that and distribute it among those who need it” she said; now looking into the distance. Once she was left alone, she wondered where Chise was. She released a light breeze across the landscape, allowing her to immediately detect the location of her student. She would bite her thumb, making a quick set of hand seals as she summoned a thunderbird directly underneath her to ride on. As the mythical creature took to the skies, she guided it towards Chise’s location though summoning the bird caused storm clouds to begin to gather over the landscape. This was a testament to the power of her summon but once she approached Chise, the bird landed on the ground allowing Mirabelle to drop down next to her. “Chise, anything to report?” Mirabelle asked to her student.

Chakra Cost: 15
Description: A wind technique similar to the chakra sensing rain technique, the user infuses their chakra into the surround air create a light breeze across the battlefield. This breeze is capable of sensing the chakra of people or objects it comes in contact with. The breeze will die out after three turns once activated and can only be used twice per battle.
~Deactivates after three turns.
~Can only be used twice per battle.
Type: Defense/Attack/Suplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: 20
Description:
To summon the creature the ninja will wipe blood on his hand, perform the Boar → Dog → Bird → Monkey → Ram handseals and then touch the ground or another object, where a sealing formula will appear. Though it appears that as long as significant pressure is placed against the blood in some form, the summon will be complete, most summoning uses use a solid surface, though in some cases it can even be done mid air. There can be variations to the summoning steps, some ninja like Temari will wipe blood on her fan, then by swinging the fan the animal is summoned. Other ninja like Orochimaru wipe the blood across a snake tattoo on their arm first, then touch the ground. Others will clap their hands directly like Nagato through the use of his Animal Path. The user must have signed the contract with the creature he wants to summon but the technique can be used to summon a generic creature of that contract (B-Rank) which will have no special traits or abilities beyond those normal to the rest of the animals in the contract. The animal is always summoned on the mark that appears upon slamming the users hand or, if not the case, always in short range of the user.

Came from: https://animebase.me/threads/kaijuu-ocean-260.757194/post-22056533
@Red-Robin
Coming from Here.

After a short travel from the central portion of the Tobusekai continent, Chise and Ruth had both finally passed through the gates of the Last Bastion city. Though the mark of a recent assault was still very much clear upon the fields that surrounded the citadel, as well the walls and buildings that made up it's districts within all marred and scarred in various forms of devastation, it was clear that the people had yet to lose hope in the face of such adversity. Reconstruction efforts were well underway across the city, food kitchens had been established for those who still lacked the means for personal meal preparation, or even for those whom were dedicating themselves day and night to the restoration effort of the city. The streets were bustling, not quite with the life of a carefree, prospering city, but rather the brimming atmosphere of hope. Or perhaps stubbornness.. Either way, it was good to see so many coming together to better not only their own lots, but help their neighbors for the same purpose.

It wasn't long after Chise had entered the city that she would peer up, witnessing the descent of a large creature that had previously taken to the sky, only to land practically right in front of her; the dramatic gales of wind pushed out by it's wings disturbing the entire street of settled dirt and dust, picking it all up in a small storm before brushing outward and dispersing upon it's landing. She let out a soft sigh as she lifted a hand to slowly brush through her now messy hair, pushing down what stray locks may have rustled out of place from the scene that just unfolded before lifting her emerald gaze to meet Mirabelle. Somehow, she wasn't particularly surprised that it was her to be riding such a large beast, in a confined city space, for no particular reason other than the simple show and convenience of it. Such was who she was though.

"Ah, well.. I just got here, actually. As far as reports go.. I suppose the most I have to offer is in regards to the Undead forces that I had seen since the last time we spoke. Their forces are.. countless. What they lack for in an quality is made up for in overwhelming numbers that could easily conquer Tobusekai overnight if they wanted to.. What I don't understand is why they hesitate to do so." Slowly she lifted a hand to rub lightly along the back of her neck, her fingers mildly shaky in the process. She could feel the hairs stand along her nape as she recalled the scene she had witnessed after cresting the hill in The Pit. It was soul-crushing to see so much death.. Knowing that their goal was the destruction of life, and that
they could easily do so. She felt so small and insignificant in that moment.. "While their rank-and-file are quite overwhelming in quantity, the army of the Dead does have it's share of powerful among their numbers as well. I encountered two of them myself. It was--" Chise's voice broke abruptly as something seemed to crawl up her throat. A dry heave passed her lips as she lifted a hand habitually to attempt to cover the coughing fit that had inevitably followed. It was short-lived, yet it seemed rough and unforgiving all the same. As she pulled her hand away, a stain of crimson spotted her hand. The sudden paleness of her features became abundantly clear, the heavy bags that weighed like sandbags beneath her eyes, the now old and stained bandages that she had used to bind the wound that stressed across from her shoulder down to her hip clear through her baggy coat that she wore overtop of her shredded shirt. She slowly tucked her hand behind her back in something of a dismissive manner as she seemed to avoid Mirabelle's gaze for a time before she'd begin moving to walk up to her side.. ".. I managed to beat one of them, but the other.. I'm not sure. It was a tough fight.. So, if it's alright with you.. Assuming there's nothing else that I can do, of course.. Uhm.." Suddenly, Ruth had trotted up beside her as he moved to bump his head against her hand, tossing it up slightly, causing her to take quick notice of his otherwise displeased expression. "Chise.. We talked about this." Chise's eyes passed over the Grim for a moment as she seemed to recall the conversation he spoke of. She slowly took a deep breath before turning straight on to Mirabelle before moving to bow forward in a deep manner, her arms fixed tightly at her sides with her head low.

"i-If I could have y-your permission, Mira-sama.. i-I think, I should maybe.. uhm.. Take some time off..? i-I know it's.. incredibly selfish.. b-But.. I worry I'm reaching my limit.. a-and I cannot take care of anyone, if I cannot take care of myself first.." Chise's words were all a fumble. In truth, she wasn't used to asking for this sort of thing, not even in the least. Least of all that she felt like it was right for her to ask such a thing when the situation was so dire, yet she couldn't ignore her limits.. She had been going at full steam for several months straight now, and it was very much
catching up to her. She was starting to forget basic things at times, being neglectful of standard care and preparation of her tools and other such things. This last mission however.. It nearly took her life, and though her wounds were modestly healed and tended to, her body was far from being out of the woodwork in terms of making a full recovery. Every step she took was taken as if bricks were fixed to her ankles, and of course her chest now stung with the all too recent burning cut that was made in the previous fight. She did what she could to tend to it in the field, on top of her natural capacity for recovery, yet she could still feel the depth of the scar. It frightened her, to stand before Mirabelle in this way, asking for what she did, but at the clear "motivation" of her companion and knowing the truth of her own needs, she remained with her head low in a bow, waiting for Mirabelle to respond..

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Mirabelle was listening attentively to Chise’s report about what’s been happening while she was away. It was rather amazing how much she learned in the time they spent together – but alas it does seem Chise had really pushed herself more than she can handle, for now at least. “It’s ok…you can return back to Tsumigakure for now to restore yourself. We’ll talk again when the time comes…” she said dismounting her summon and approaching Chise. “You’ve done a lot for this village already and I cant say how much I am proud of you Chise, so you and Ruth can go home and take a break, but if we need reinforcements again, don’t be surprised if you get the call for duty once more” she said patting her head. Once the conversation was over Mirabelle remounted her Thunderbird summon once again.

Take one of the boats home, some of the wounded from the battles here are already leaving back to the village, that’s the quickest route I can afford to offer. Take care, my sister” she said before the thunderbird starts to flap its wings, minor sparks of electricity arcing from its wings. The thunderbird being present caused a thunderstorm to begin to form above the city, now covering the entire last bastion though this thunderstorm was rather weak compared to the others. Mirabelle directed her summon to the direction of Emiya, having detected him earlier as he arrived into the Last Bastion.

I gave you a scroll and you personally came to see me instead? How sweet of you ~” she mused as the thunderbird landed about two feet away from Emiya. “Never the less, what brings the Hero here? Anything new you learned from Veskal?” she asked him, wondering what she can do to help him out. The Thunderbird simply screeched a bit as it took off into the air again to survey the area. “Such a fickle little creature he is…” she said to no one particular, amused by her summons behavior.

Sky Dominion: All Thunderbirds naturally and passively flood the sky to which after 2 turns of flight create natural lightning clouds in the landmark they are in. These clouds unlike those created by shinobi are almost impossible to blow away or disperse if the clouds are dispersed they passively reform (two-turn cooldown). The strength of these clouds is dependant on the strength of the individual bird and thus requires at least a suitable jutsu of similar rank aimed at them to disperse.
@Red-Robin @Imperfect

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mirabelle was listening attentively to Chise’s report about what’s been happening while she was away. It was rather amazing how much she learned in the time they spent together – but alas it does seem Chise had really pushed herself more than she can handle, for now at least. “It’s ok…you can return back to Tsumigakure for now to restore yourself. We’ll talk again when the time comes…” she said dismounting her summon and approaching Chise. “You’ve done a lot for this village already and I cant say how much I am proud of you Chise, so you and Ruth can go home and take a break, but if we need reinforcements again, don’t be surprised if you get the call for duty once more” she said patting her head. Once the conversation was over Mirabelle remounted her Thunderbird summon once again.

Take one of the boats home, some of the wounded from the battles here are already leaving back to the village, that’s the quickest route I can afford to offer. Take care, my sister” she said before the thunderbird starts to flap its wings, minor sparks of electricity arcing from its wings. The thunderbird being present caused a thunderstorm to begin to form above the city, now covering the entire last bastion though this thunderstorm was rather weak compared to the others. Mirabelle directed her summon to the direction of Emiya, having detected him earlier as he arrived into the Last Bastion.

I gave you a scroll and you personally came to see me instead? How sweet of you ~” she mused as the thunderbird landed about two feet away from Emiya. “Never the less, what brings the Hero here? Anything new you learned from Veskal?” she asked him, wondering what she can do to help him out. The Thunderbird simply screeched a bit as it took off into the air again to survey the area. “Such a fickle little creature he is…” she said to no one particular, amused by her summons behavior.

Though alarmed at the sheer scale of the beast, Emiya was smart enough to recognize a summoning animal. At the very least the large avian creature barrelling towards him wasn't some undead monstrosity, so direct action wasn't the smartest move, reinforced all the more when it landed practically inches from himself. When Mirabelle hopped off of the large bird, Emiya gave an internal sigh. First she appears out of nowhere, without even the decency to announce her presence with a flash of light, or sounds of tearing open the veil of reality, now she appears with the thunderous arrival of a colossal summon. She was full of contradictions, seemingly driven by her whims alone. It would be charming if it wasn't likely to give those around her whiplash. Stowing his weapon away for the moment, he regarded Mira and her probing words. Seeing as she was an ally against the undead, and the Voidlords in general, as well as an acquaintance of Solomon's to boot, Emiya didn't have reason to withhold his current objectives at the very least.

"I would have given you some notice, but I didn't really know I was coming myself.
I, uhh, I've been 'hired' by Spider to do some chores while he does something for me. That's why I went to go see him."

Taking a look around their surroundings, Emiya leaned in conspiratorially as he released non-offensive Sound Release Chakra, creating a spherical bubble only large enough to fit the pair within it's confines. With one eye shut, and a finger held to his mouth, he continued, their words trapped within the intangible barrier surrounding them, completely rendering any chance of eavesdropping.

(Ototon: Damu Hooru) - Sound Release: Dumb Hole
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short (Short - Mid for offensive application)
Chakra: 40 (-20 per each turn the Dumb Hole's supplementary application is active)
Damage: 80 (+10 for offensive application when sound is absorbed)
Description: This technique is based off a interesting concept known as the " " or "Dumb Hole". The user starts by gathering Sound Release Chakra either in a specific part of their body, or throughout their entire body. The user then releases this Chakra in the form of a "bubble" around themselves which can be as large or as small as they wish, but it's size is restricted to Short Range of themselves. The bubble consist of high frequency, low energy sound waves, which vibrate at an extremely high frequency, so any noise that the barrier makes is above regular hearing, but this also creates an interesting effect. As the sound waves are vibrating at a higher frequency than most other sounds, especially those that are not created as a result of Sound Release, they act like a barrier for all but the most powerful Sound Waves, making it impossible for sounds from outside the bubble to be perceived inside the bubble. This applies in reverse too, making sounds from inside the bubble impermeable from the outside.

In addition to acting like "soundproofing", Dumb Hole has another application, which is far more violent and destructive than it's more supplementary application. By compressing the same high frequency, low energy Sound Release Chakra anywhere within of short range from the user, the user is able to create a much more violent, but controllable Dumb Hole, which visually resembles a Rasengan, that acts like a Black Hole for Sound Waves, drawing in any Sound from the immediate vicinity and trapping it inside the Dumb Hole. Once the sound Chakra is trapped within the confines of the dumb hole, the user is able to use their own Chakra to amplify and change the Sound trapped within the Dumb Hole, changing it into a sound wave that has low frequency and high energy, or in other words, destructive qualities. Once the user has changed the sound so that is able to act like a destructive Sound Jutsu, they aim the Dumb Hole at their designated target and weaken it's surface, causing the sound waves trapped within to violently burst out in the direction of the designated target, releasing them in the form of a destructive wave of Sound.​

Note: This technique's offensive application can only be used two (2) times per battle.
Note: If the offensive application is used, the user must wait two (2) turns before they can use this technique again.
Note: The supplementary application can only be used three (3) times per-match.
Note: The supplementary application stays active for three (3) turns, unless countered, or manually halted by the user.
Note: The user can also only use Sound, Wind, Lightning, Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Kenjutsu & Genjutsu techniques below A-rank while this supplementary application is active.
Note: Can only be taught by Nathan.

"I know you saw it back on Kythira, but do you remember Demetrias' sword? Though only Solomon knew for sure at the time, it wasn't your typical katana. Turns out it's something he called a God Slaying Tool. It's why he was able to hurt Enkidu, and why I'm alive. Once it broke, he couldn't damage Enkidu even with how strong he was, so he had to retreat based on that technicality. It's useless now, but Solomon told me it can be repaired, but only where it was originally forged; the Armory of Marzan. The undead are looking for it too, and that's what all of this is about.

So until Spider can verify the Armory's location, I'm basically his servant, running around doing his chores to keep trade flowing.
I can't complain, since I get to help people, but I don't like that I'm being told to do it... Cheapens it, y'know?"

His gaze drifted back towards Bastion for a moment, remembering when he was here last. Although definitely not in the best state at that time, as everyone was overcome with the Red Fever, but it was definitely preferable to this... Everything that had happened recently seemed to come back to him, and so once again, it was almost impossible for Emiya to look anywhere without feeling guilt. While his bringing Enkidu resulted in healing humanity of the terrible virus, it was the act of bringing Enkidu into the world that spurred Demetrias to seek the God out. Then, in that resulting incident his blade was destroyed, potentially forcing Phetra's undead to seek the armory out, to replace the sword they had lost? He couldn't help feeling, once again, he'd brought ruin upon the world where he wished to save it. His own ideals were betraying him, almost religiously at this point. He was selfless to a fault, and the world itself seemed to be preying on that drive, and desire to do good. Returning his focus back to Mira, he reaffirmed his earlier gesture as he created the sonar black hole, and gave another silencing gesture, before the barrier surrounding the pair disappeared.

"So how are things here? I'm supposed to help rebuild the city, but if you've got any specific worries I might be able to address while I'm here, I'd be more than happy to give it a shot."

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Dismounting her summon and hearing Emiya’s initial response she couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow. This “Spider” character people keep speaking about, she was intending to have a chat with him but honestly, she didn’t have the funds to do so. Eventually she’ll take the chance to engage with the individual. The fact that Emiya really was working for him was almost a pity, considering her previous offer for him to join her village. Never the less, he probably his reasons so who was she to judge. “I see, well it is what it is I suppose. As long as you’re doing what you believe is the right thing to do” she said with an affirming smile. The thunder storm above head violently roared overhead, causing her to look at her majestic creature, him being the cause of it. Her eyes glanced back to Emiya, watching something rather unique happen.

As the zone was created and his gestures prompted her to remain quiet; she listened to what he had to say. Immediately she was given the information concerning the God Slaying Tools, the fight with Demetrias and the armory. The knowledge this girl knew about these things was little to none, but to hear that there are ways to in fact kill a god was rather…fascinating yet dangerous at the same time. “If the undead is looking for the armory so badly…why would they need the armory…aren’t the gods already dead?” she thought to herself. She had more questions than answers and it honestly begged the question on what to do. However, before she can give an answer, Emiya did his silence gesture once more. Seems she wasn’t allowed to reply back about the situation, at least for now. “We’ll speak more on that information later…” she said; deciding to keep things to herself for the time being.

Anyways…as for the city, its still in shambles but is starting to do a lot better now. The trade route and supplies from my village will do the city wonders. However, there are still undead roaming so perhaps you can help clearing them out and also assist with any manual labor or with the shop keepers who we recently managed to get their shops up and running again…in the meantime…” she said turning to the ‘west. A rather familiar presence came from the that direction. “I’ve got something to take care off…meet me back here in about an hour or so…” she said mounting her Thunderbird once more, leaving Emiya with some suggestions as she flies off to the west of the city in its outskirts. “Carmilla…of all the times for her to show up…” Mirabelle thought out loud.

She would take a scroll out in order to summon forth her unique nodachi, Kurokiba onto her palm as the harmonic ninja tool reacted to its master’s touch, causing small arcs of black electricity to bounce off it. She was prepared for this potential battle to come.

Type: Supplementary , Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu,typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.
Note: Cannot seal opponent's custom weapons, or the special weapons of a particular character ( example: Samehada or Kubikiribocho ).
Note: Can only seal corpses, and not injured people regardless of the extent of their injury.
Kurokiba, or commonly known as “Black Fang” is a specialized nodachi. A special weapon known as a “Harmonic Ninja Tool”, this weapon came into Mirabelle’s possession during a training mission in the Lightning Mountains. The blade is pitch black in coloration, with a red and black hilt and matching black scabbard. The blade harmonized with Mirabelle immediately on touch, which allowed her the ability to harness a unique element known as Black Lightning. This allowed her to weave the element to life without the need of a source, using it on par as an Apex Handseal Specialist, simply needing to swing the nodachi in order to release and create techniques. She carries it with her at all times, being a secondary weapon alongside her bow or Bongseon.

@Imperfect

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Though brief, Emiya appreciated his discussion with Mira, and her acceptance of several bombshells in rapid succession just as much. And while he was skeptical on the exact reasoning, Emiya felt confident enough to answer Mira's question.

"The Gods might be, but Tiamat's only sealed, no? You'd know more about that frankly, given Tsumigakure's role in that fight.
But... If Solomon's hinting that we might need something to harm a God, might make sense to double check that seal, no?"

Emiya gave a dismissing shrug, as it was mostly speculation on his part, and one that wasn't completely confirmed by Solomon himself. But as the topic returned to Emiya's reason for coming, he was unphased at the general requirement of help, rather than a problem he himself could tackle directly. As she began acting strange, as though she'd noticed something, and called her summon to return, before departing, Emiya caught the faintest glance at a weapon Mira drew forth. While appearing like a standard katana in a black scabbard, something about it was unique, as any attempt at penetrating what lay beyond the outer layer of the blade with his enthusiastically blade-hungry gaze was met with a sea of static, as though the weapon itself defied identification, or more importantly replication within his mind. While it was similar to Demetrias' blade in that regard, Emiya was content with the latter, even if his curiosity had been piqued with the former.

"An hour? I've got people to save woman!
If you want to chat, I doubt there's anything that can stop you from tracking me down, and showing up with that flamboyant flair of yours."

Emiya gave a wry chuckle as he watched Mira take off on her Thunderbird, before heading into Last Bastion himself. There was less of a direction this time in the Spider's request, but he'd see it through all the same.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
This post begins the beginning of a mission utilizing the following elements:
Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself (S)
Solve a familial dispute among one’s sibling/parent (B)

Once Mirabelle was separated from Emiya, she continued to move West – utilizing her innate connection to Wuji to source out the person of interest. Slowly approaching on her massive thunderbird, the graceful creature screeched in worry about the impending battle to come. Mirabelle couldn’t help but pet the beast on its head as it started to descend enough to allow the girl to land without an issue. Once she was on the ground, she didn’t hesitate to draw her weapon of choice. This being Kurokiba, she approached the cloaked individual. “
Carmilla…it’s been a while…” she said standing not too far away from her (eight meters apart). The cloaked woman silently stood there, the red veins on her skin and the chitin that she developed couldn’t be hidden however as parts of her arm and hands was revealed. Carmilla had been running around masquerading as a member of the Mother Cult but in truth it was simply a farce.

A rouse to get Mirabelle riled up, considering the formers interactions with the cult. “Sorry but that damned mentor of yours, Paradox, wont be coming back. I had to put the old man down…it was starting to become an annoyance having him continuously follow me around…” Carmilla said with a smirk underneath her hooded face. Mirabelle’s grip on her sword tightened a bit – causing her to step forward a bit as small arc of black electricity started to form around her. “While I doubt that’s true, you’re an enemy…a Child of Tiamat no less” she said sneering at her sister. Carmilla didn’t take fancy to this considering her once existing smirk faded quickly – as she removed her hood and finally face her sister once more prior to their last encounter. “Hahaha! The Primordial Mother…she was the one who showed me the truth, the truth that YOU KILLED OUR MOTHER!” Carmilla said, as the ground started to rumble around the two.

I didn’t kill anyone! The Kyubi did it, you know this!” she said trying to reason with Carmilla. The once Hayabusa maiden started to become angrier and angrier as her sister continued to deny the truth. “No…it showed me visions…visions of what happened that night…you just stood there and watched mother die…” she said, her breathing becoming abnormal. Truth be told, Mirabelle realized what she saw was the truth, Mirabelle only barely managed to arrive on time to meet her twin sister, gone. Her mother, barely alive – rejected the help that Mirabelle offered and instead decided to die and move into the afterlife on her own free will. However, whomever or whatever Carmilla used to see such events seemed to have missed important and key parts to it. “That damned sea of life…it’s messing with you Camrilla, don’t listen to it…why would I allow mother to die th…” however before Mirabelle could even finish, a sword whistled through the air, just barely missing her and cutting her cheek.

Enough of this…I will avenge mother and Isabelle today…no more running away from you…” she said. Mirabelle realized this wasn’t about to end well, but she needed to do what she can to save her sister, though it might mean having to finally put her down too, for the sake of humanity. “Hahaha! Don’t think you can beat me little brat…I know all about you…but once I get rid you, I’ll resurrect all three of you, and using the glorious sea of life, I will revive you all back to life hahah!” Carmilla said, immediately rushing at Mirabelle with the intent on finally killing her sister off.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post contains a mission, using the following Custom Story Element:

Rebuilding Last Bastion. (5)​

The sacking of Last Bastion left the city in ruins. The initial wave of adventurers helped to stem the bleeding, but much of the city still remains in ruins. Most importantly, the northern ramparts that protect Last Bastion from the outside have been destroyed and still remain in tatters. Go there and help to rebuild the city. The Spider's interest in Tobusekai requires that Last Bastion remain a functioning outpost for civilization in the war torn land.

Knowing the rather high profile he accumulated on his last visit with Enkidu, Emiya opted to keep a rather low one this time around. Covering his face, and his form with a dusty sand-colored cloak, he walked the streets of Last Bastion not as the guardian who brought them the Miracle Child, Enkidu, but as another face in a sea of souls aiming to survive. He was here to help, but he didn't have the omnipotent wish granter with him this time that made that last visit so helpful. While not completely useless, he did feel like it when the issues plaguing a community weren't bands and droves of hostile combatants. Desperately needed supplies were one of the reasons he came all this way after all, but seeing the state of Last Bastion with his own eyes, it solidified the exact state Tobusekai was in, and he realized that aid for Mistheaven would never come from here...

Injured had begun piling up on the streets, too tired to even beg for help any more, their clothes rough with dirt caked in to the woven threads so thoroughly, walking had become a battle in and of itself. Worse still were the bodies, piled high, barely covered with sheets, and stained a deep crimson. The needless casualties of this war of life against death. The stench of iron permeated the air of the Bastion so heavily it made one question if they hadn't instead walked into a smithy, rather than a battlefield soaked in blood. Muffled sniffling and crying from mothers consoling children, while others kept a wary eye on those passing through, desperately hunting for those with an outline of a wallet, or purse, or an errant coin bag lazily hanging from their belt. And that was the perfect word to sum up Bastion in it's current state; desperate. Though the worst had passed, there was still a considerable effort required to return to any sense of normalcy, and this after a global virus that crippled nations, and saw to the collective death of dozens, if not hundreds of thousands the Ninja World over.

Realizing there was little he could do to help these people, at least in the ways that mattered at the individual level, he headed to the one specific objective Spider had noted in his otherwise generalized mission statement; the Northern Ramparts. The damage to the defensive structures was so extensive, it left the entire city open to assault from the North. The undead had torn through the external walls with such ferocity, and raw force, that it couldn't have been done through the mere foot soldiers he'd been dealing with up until this point. The undead army clearly had more than mere husks amongst their numbers, at least according to how easily they tore through defenses that had lasted for centuries. Seeing a problem he could directly solve, even if it didn't coincide with his typical method of drawing swords, and slashing at the problem until it vanished, Emiya could fix this. It would take some convincing of the guard, and no small amount of effort on his own part, but it was possible to restore Bastion's defensive embrace over it's denizens, providing them the solace of knowing their walls were once again protecting them on all sides. Seeing no other way of going about it but to brute force the issue, Emiya made his way to the Ramparts themselves, to make his case, and more importantly, help make Bastion a safe haven again. As he arrived the first thing Emiya noticed was the sheer number of guards posted, though this naturally made sense given that it was a massive hole in Last Bastion's defenses. Countless armed soldiers stood at the ready, some stood at what remains of the walls, while many more were stationed, and at attention in waves that got progressively thicker the closer one got to the ramparts themselves. They were ready and waiting for an incursion, while just within the city limits they were already amassing and preparing materials for a reconstruction effort, once things had died down, and they had the chance to repair the walls. The argument Emiya was about to make ran counter to that entire established, and frankly logically sound plan.

As it worked so well last time, Emiya used his considerable sense of sight, which had been honed for years to pick up the most minute details over great distances, and were an essential aspect of his archery, and he used them to find the most important looking "dude" in the area. Unlike back in Mistheaven, there seemed to be a proper order to the guards, and they could seemingly operate without constant supervision, and guidance from a single figure. If there was a general, or equivalent thereof within Last Bastion, he was most likely elsewhere, leaving his men to defend the city at their own discretion. As Emiya approached the rampart itself, some heads were turned as the district was otherwise empty, people keeping their distance out of the fear that they could be caught up in another slaughter from forces invading from the ineffective defenses, so someone willingly approaching the next site of a potential bloodbath was not something the guards had seen in the last few weeks, since the undead invasion. Emiya kept walking through the guards formations until he arrived at the front, standing before all of the assembled defenders of Last Bastion, and began detailing his plan. While his proposition was initially rejected outright, and Emiya was about to be imprisoned for treason, upon revealing his identity the immediate calls for his arrest were silenced, though he still had to make a convincing enough argument to warrant risking Bastion itself, even if only briefly. Leveraging his involvement in Enkidu's healing of the Fever to show he was not trying to trick them, and that he was requesting permission rather than simply doing it, Emiya made the case that they shouldn't try and repair the rampart at all. The damage had been done, and trying to repair it, especially when there could be an attack at any time, meant it would be a sloppy job at best and would never be restored to it's previous glory. It would always be a structural weak point to anyone seeking to invade once the undead were dealt with. He instead offered to tear the broken ramparts down, and repair them through Ninjutsu. The replacement wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a functional replacement, and very much preferable to having a massive hole within their walls. Some put their trust in Emiya completely, stating that he saved their loved ones from perishing to the fever so they trusted him with their lives, while others exchanged cautious looks, wanting to believe his words, but skeptical enough to know this decision shouldn't come down to them. Seeing that he hadn't made as great an impression as he wanted, Shirō made one last attempt at convincing them;

"Look, I know what I'm asking is sacrilegious, tearing down walls that have stood vigil for centuries.
But tell me this, what's more important? The people of Last Bastion, who represent the hope and resilience of humanity in Tobusekai, or the now broken walls that are meant to protect them?"

The silence was deafening, for everyone already knew what was truly important; the people. Walls could be built, destroyed and replaced, but people not so much. So many had been lost, to the Fever, to the undead army tearing through the land, to the starvation and associated problems cause by Bastion being torn open, and rent asunder. Things were desperate, so if entrusting their safety to someone with a proven track record of helping people meant they could have some semblance of safety, it was a paradoxically simple, yet difficult choice. With their blessing all but given, Emiya watched as the guards stationed on the broken ramparts slowly started filtering off of the city's defenses, and began joining their allies within the confines of the city. The Hero of Justice meanwhile began inspecting the ground beneath his feet, as though he were looking for something. While some began questioning his sincerity, and even sanity, Emiya was actively attempting to connect to a natural leyline of Chakra that ran beneath Tobusekai. To a novice like him it would provide a minor boost to his plan, but at this point every little bit counted. Every bump in efficiency, or durability meant the end result would be that much better for Last Bastion, so every little bit helped. It felt as though there were a layer of interference however, as though something was directly impacting his ability to connect to the Ryūmyaku. Did it have something to do with the apparent portal the undead came waltzing out of, found at the bottom of the Kaizoku Ocean? In any case, the leyline was there, he just needed to push through, and find it. Once the tether was made, he'd have a short window where he'd be more effective. Like threading a needle blindfolded through a fan, Emiya blindly to connect his Chakra to this external force, and with one last push, forcing a surge of Chakra through the ground, he finally got the response he was looking for. A massive jolt of energy pulsed through his body, as though the earth itself had responded to his call, flooding him with power.

(Doton: Bergentrückung) Earth Release: King Under the Mountain
Type: Supplementary/ Offensive
Range: N/A (Self)
Chakra: 10
Damage: N/A (+20 to Earth Release techniques)
Description: This technique allows the user to send a pulse of Chakra deep into the earth, tap into, and connect with the (Ryūmyaku) Dragon Veins, a massive source of Chakra that naturally flow deep beneath the surface of the earth, utilized within Jutsu such as " ". This technique requires the user has direct contact with the ground, and takes 1 turn for them to "attune" to the flow of the natural leylines of energy. Once they have, all of their techniques that utilize Earth Release Chakra are made considerably more powerful, due to the influence of the Ryūmyaku on their Chakra flow. This boost remains for as long as the user remains connected to the ground. Minor interruptions, such as both feet leaving the ground, only break off the connection if the user remains off of the ground for 1 full turn, after which, they need to spend another turn attuning to the Ryūmyaku. Remains active for 4 turns max, and requires 2 turns before it can be activated again.

With additional Chakra from the leyline fueling his earth-based techniques, Emiya gathered a rather large quantity of the elementally natured Chakra within his body, before giving it form, increasing his weight dozens of times over. The ground beneath his feet began to give way before splintering entirely. Shards of the stone pathway he stood on were sent scattering across the pavement where the city's guard waited with bated breath, as Emiya seemed to be wholly enveloped in a pressure comparable to the weight of the world. Though that wasn't far from the truth, to Emiya himself it was instead the weight of his own actions, and in some cases inaction, that he felt as though he were feeling. That guilt, from helping be an unwitting pawn to unleashing Tiamat, to his complete lack of action in the resulting war against the scorned Goddess, to his cowardly actions as the world tried to recover, all the way to his failures on Kythira. For a long time now he had been doubting himself, and his capacity to "save" people. Was this was another mistake? He could barely help the people of Mistheaven. Though he wished to be a universal Hero of Justice, Emiya's role thus far was more in line with a deterrent force, as he was more than capable of defending a singular location, and maybe even person, like Kuwana in the Radiant Fields, though certainly not Enkidu, but when things became even slightly more complicated than that, he would buckle under the pressure. I mean... Gods? How could one man hope to keep up in a world full of beings who defied reality, even with a restored blade specifically designed to strike them down? Things had been spiraling out of control for a while now... And Emiya's ideals were slowly becoming irrelevant. Things had become high concept pretty fast, so it was refreshing to see a problem that just needed a little Chakra to solve. With that thought, Emiya returned his attention to the ramparts, and the Chakra coursing through his body threatening to tear him apart. With a heavy exhale, he released this Chakra into the ground, causing a momentary shockwave to pulse through Last Bastion, causing some to believe the horrors they lived on Conqueror's End had, somehow, gotten worse. Their fears were not assuaged when a sudden, deafeningly cacophonous roar erupted from the northern border of Last Bastion, as the once broken ramparts were no more, completely decimated by a large, bright sphere of rotating energy that completely razed them, as well as the ground outside Last Bastion, before arcing up into the air, displacing clouds before it eventually lost it's capacity to maintain its form, and exploded.

(Rinyūaru Tekondō: Jin Hoechook) | Renewal Taekwondo: Truth Tornado
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Long ( Mid range in width )
Chakra: 50
Damage: 90 (-25 to the user)
Description: The user begins by initiating the first step in any Renewal Taekwondo technique, increasing their mass in direct relation to the force they wish to generate by the technique. Jin Hoechook is one of the most powerful Renewal Taekwondo techniques ever invented, requiring the user to push their body to the absolute furthest limit possible, multiplying their body’s natural weight by 50x. The user will then gather the force generated by the opposing surface, and perform one of Taekwondo’s signature high-kicks. The kick is performed by leaping off the ground while simultaneously rotating one’s body, releasing the force generated by the earth in the form of a massive blast of compressed air that rotates with a great deal of force and ferocity. The direction of the rotation is dependant on which direction the user rotated their body (clockwise or counter-clockwise).

Note: This technique can only be performed once, due to the strain it places on the user’s body. That is unless they are a master of Renewal Taekwondo, then they may use this technique a 2nd time, after which, they completely collapse, due to the force exuded on their body and the general strain of such a powerful technique.
Note: No Renewal Taekwondo techniques can be performed within the same turn the user performs this Jutsu.
Note: After it’s use, the user cannot perform Taijutsu of any Rank for 3 turns, and cannot gather Chakra, for that turn.

The actual effect the technique had on the landscape was remarkable, beautiful even. While it wasn't necessarily unpleasant to look at before, the technique tore down the broken defenses and buffered the landscape with the rotating mass of energy, creating an almost perfectly level base from which to work with in a cone from his position. With the scene set, Emiya decided that rather than toying around with manipulating the ground himself, he would leave it to a more experienced ally, in both war and the necessity of defenses, and the manipulation of Earth in general. With a quick bite, and swipe across a tattoo on his arm, Emiya summoned forth a more competent manipulator of the Element of Substance; The Emperor of Earth, Amaymon. With a piercing cry, the colossal Griffin announced it's presence as Emiya gave a low bow. It was the first time he'd really summoned one of the more established Griffins within the hierarchically diverse contract, so he was unsure as to the Mythical Animals temperament. Hopefully he was as fast an ally as Griff, though as the animals' massive form shifted and his head tilted to lean down, and look Emiya in the eye. With how stern a gaze he was receiving, it would seem as though the former Knight of Avalon had his work cut out for him. As a snort erupted from Amaymon's nostrils, where Emiya expected some form of beration, or perhaps a refusal to work with him, or even a premature end to the Summoning, the overbearing presence of the mythical beasts' presence was somewhat undercut with his light, if deep tone, and more surprisingly respectful words.

"Well? You summoned me, did you not Child? For what reason have I been called?"

With only a moments hesitation to absorb the tonal shift between the summons appearance and words, Emiya quickly gave a breakdown of the situation. From the undead assault, to the destruction of the ramparts, and subsequent decision that his familiarity with the earth, and more importantly experience from being a veteran of many wars, there was a presumption that he could produce a functional replacement to the broken ramparts. Though the beasts beak could not create one, his eyes curled into a smile at the very thought. That Amaymon, Emperor of the Earth, lord of crags, and ground breaker himself was being requested for such a menial task. As a hearty, chirp-like laugh escaped the mythical animal, amused at the thought his countless years of experience in warfare was being used to create rather than destroy, Amaymon simply began walking off towards the cleared land outside of Last Bastion. The Child had the right of it. The damage to the walls, from Emiya's account anyway, was too much for it to be adequately repaired. Better to replace it and circumvent that issue entirely. That simply left the issue of how best to replace the now gaping hole in the city's defenses, as it didn't exactly inspire much in the way of assurance. To top it off, though Emiya was correct to assume Amaymon had both experience, and the ability to manipulate the earth, he forgot to account for the sheer scale of manipulation the Earthen monarch was used to. His cries could tear the land asunder, the weight of his presence even bringing mountains to their knees, and forcing them to bend. For such a creature, a force of nature in his own right, to be asked to perform the equivalent of building a sandcastle, it would take no small degree of restraint from the Summon, but it was indeed within the scope of Amaymon's capabilities.

Type: Summoning
Chakra: 40
Description: The user bites his thumb and wipes blood over a tattoo placed on a body part and slams his hands on the ground to call forth the legendary and mighty Amaymon, the earth emperor, Amaymon is a very large Gryphon and is able to carry a total of five people on his back, he is the exact same size as gamahiro, Amaymon usualy wears silver armor, which protects him from kunai's and basic weapons, as seen in the picture, but what makes him special is his looks his fur/feathers are goldish/silver of color, with the tip of his feathers colored light brown, and his eyes are the color of the desert repersenting his elemental affinity, he has a very interesting body strucutre which is very well build even amongs the Gryphon's it's muscular and just as hard as stones. Amaymon has the manipulation of the Earth affinity, from his birth he trained to master the earth element in Iwagakure and thus he became more accustomed to it, therefore he can use the earth element up to S-rank, without any use of hand seals (counting towards the users moves), and he can only perform his jutsu's while he is on the ground. Amaymon is often refered to as the Earth King, Amaymon.

♦ Note: Amaymon can only be summoned once per battle.
♦ Note: Amaymon can stay on the field for 5 turns per battle.
♦ Note: Can only be taught by the holder of the gryphon contract.

Striding forth out into the open field created by Shirō's technique, Amaymon was pleased that he at least had a blank canvas from which to work on. Each step created an echoing boom throughout the district, enough so that some, though not many had begun to gather at the outskirts to see what had happened, as there were no immediate sounds of conflict. The lack of walls gave some reason to panic, though the guards assured them it was a temporary necessity. One thing that gave everyone who witnessed the destruction of the broken ramparts solace was the fact that one man did that with one kick. If the undead were to return while Emiya was around, then he could certainly make child's play of them, right? That assumption gave the guards the comfort they needed to allow the sight before them play out to it's conclusion. While Emiya stood vigil, Amaymon was sizing the job up, and came to the decision that an outright replacement would be trickier, and instead opted to create an external "zone" technically outside of the original confines of the city, like a bubble on the outside of another, larger bubble. What the humans did with this minor increase in available space was up to them, however, that's exactly what Amaymon intended to achieve. With a thunderous roar, the great Emperor of the Earth forced his will upon the very ground itself, the rock and dirt beneath his feet violently erupting to life as it was instantly molded to shape. While it lacked the finer details of Bastion's original ramparts, Amaymon added his regal flair to the semi-circular wall, from simple aesthetic flairs like griffin iconography, to more utilitarian additions found on the original walls, like wallwalks, parapets and arrowslits. They would certainly appreciate such additions should the undead come knocking again, though these walls weren't anything special, so if they did they wouldn't be any more valuable than the ones they had. At the very least though, the hole was plugged, and there wasn't a massive hole in Last Bastion's defenses any more. Returning to his summoner, the towering beast gave a light bow, which Emiya returned.

(Doton: Doryū Jōheki) - Earth Release: Earth Flow Rampart
Type: Supplementary/ Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 20
Description: By performing the Tiger hand seal the user then makes a gigantic rampart rise up beneath the user's feet, by shaping the ground and increasing the amount of earth with chakra. Depending on what the user imagines, the shape of the rampart can be anything from level ground to a steep, needle-like mountain. If the user increases the volume of earth too much, he can be forced to keep his chakra consumption down. The user can combine this jutsu with Water Style: Waterfall Basin Technique to create a waterfall.

"Though this was amusing, perhaps ensure there is a task more suited to my station next time you deign to summon me, Child?"

"Sorry... I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff, so I appreciate the assistance. I'll make sure the next time I call on you you'll have a strong opponent. And can you stop calling me child? My name's Shirō Emiya..."

"Ah. I look forward to that day then, young Emiya."

As the great beast's body began to evaporate into the aether with a golden hue, Emiya turned to the assembled guards, most of which who were rather surprised to see the replacement wall of hardened earth, and simply gave them two thumbs up, and a smile that only betrayed a small hint of worry that perhaps it wasn't good enough. That surprise slowly melted to a warm disbelief, then smiles, and chuckles, before erupting into a chorus of cheers as the front lines advanced on Shirō, enveloping and surrounding the young savior in a relieved embrace. As promised, it wasn't as perfect replacement, but they had a solid line of defense again, which was more than could be said for the last few grueling weeks. Though the revelry was short lived, Emiya felt better about things. He wasn't completely useless, even if he had to rely on others to achieve his desired result. He felt that same tinge of hope when he barely managed to defeat that corrupted creature back in Mistheaven, though this was a more concrete, direct sensation of accomplishment, for back East his victory was only achieved through a conflict that came about as a result of his own actions. It was a hollow victory that never should have had to take place, but he was happy all the same that he did. With another of the Spider's tasks completed, Emiya was in high spirits, even if his other reason for coming to Last Bastion, requesting aid for Mistheaven, seemed like a mere fantasy, he was making a difference regardless of how little.

As some guards of Last Bastion took up their previous positions on the newly created hardened rock walls, others splintered off to inform various higher ups that the wall had been torn down and replaced. Meanwhile, Emiya was content to temporarily drift through the Bastion for a short while, basking in his minor victory, before heading off to what was bound to be the veritable slaughter waiting for him at his next assignment, and unlike his last two, this one did not even hide under the pretense of altruism. This was business, pure and simple...

End of mission.

Reactions: Red-Robin

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This post marks the transition of my Chise biography to the spawning and use of my Zhongli biography as my active bio in the NW.

This message also marks the beginning of my mission using the following storyboard elements:
  • Arrive and explore a city new to you (Custom; 2)
  • Make a business contract with someone (Custom; 2)
  • Choose between what is right and what is easy (3)
  • Organize and conduct a large ceremony for a funeral (Custom; 3)
Description: While the Last Bastion makes it's efforts to rebuild after the initial assault from the Undead forces, much is still left undone and blatantly neglected in favor of what is deemed more pressing concerns. The misfortunate many that did not survive the siege remain without their last rites granted to them; those who mourn them wallow in their guilt. While the citizenry may lack the means to do this, one man seeks to rectify this particular problem...

The Last Bastion; a city which has suffered recent tragedy after tragedy in a relentless onslaught from the armies of the Underworld. The dead have become restless, the living fatigued by both the mourning of life cut short and old scars torn anew from the presence of their once deceased friends and family returned as animated husks to attack their homes. Though the initial danger had passed, with the aid of the Shinobi forces that had rallied to the call for action from all across the known world to push back this common foe, an air of defeat still held like a sharp chill that loomed overhead across the city. It was difficult to find solace in the presence of ruins and the dead; animated or not. Though reconstruction efforts were well underway, those who could manage attempting to return to some semblance of normalcy amid such trials, it felt that a great many more were still locked within themselves; incapable of moving past the grief that clings obsessively to their hearts, their spirits...

While many duties have been distributed throughout the city to the population still within it's confines, among them all lacks the critical need for the dead to be tended to. While they did not simply line the streets as they once did days following the initial siege, few have had proper burials or final rites given to them. Though no one appeared to discuss this issue, it seemed to weigh heavily on the minds of nearly everyone that was affected. It was all too obvious to one man who had come by boat from the Kaizoku Ocean; the vessel one of few that were containing returning refugees that had fled with their lives from the city, now hoping to rebuild what was lost to them that fateful night. Though he was among the refugees, no one seemed to recognize the man as a resident, nor did his appearance give the impression of being a local. Immediately upon docking in the city, he had begun to wander somewhat aimlessly, yet all inquisitively, taking in what remained of the city and it's inhabitance. Though he did not get far before he was approached by a dockhand that claimed to document all who come and go, he was asked for his identification. With a curious stare upon the man who had stopped him, he considered it something of a trivial matter, more so a strange custom, yet who was he to judge? "When in Tobusekai" as they say.. With a simple bob of his head in something of acknowledgement to the man who had approached him, the newcomer merely lifted a hand to cup lightly at his chin between his index and thumb, pondering a moment on the question asked of him. "My name..? Ah, of course. These days, I believe it is still pronounced "Zhongli." I reckon that shall suffice. " Once his name was given, the dockhand was left with something of a dumbfounded expression. He did not recognize the name of course, nor the man himself, yet he simply couldn't quite piece together why he had said what he did, as though he had to translate his name in some way. Yet before he could truly inquire, Zhongli had departed further into the city to continue with his "sightseeing. "

Though this city was still new to him, Zhongli had been to many through his.. long and steady travels. He has seen many rise and fall, and no more than a small handful truly recover from tragedy that befalls them on a scale similar to this. Thanks to his experiences, he found it something of an easy task to navigate the streets. No corner was taken in too much uncertainty, yet his greatest challenge seemed to be with looking knowingly upon signs and banners with the same confidence. Rather instead, he seemed to struggle to make heads or tails of what anything read, as though what was considered the common, universal language of the known world at present, somehow escaped him, at least in it's written form. It would take him several seconds of staring upon a sign before he'd finally seem to recognize what he was reading, often times assisted by imagery or some sort of sensory provided. A smithy shop might be labeled with an anvil and hammer, the air surrounding it's storefront rich in the scent of iron and burning coal; a food stall with table cutlery printed by it's name, accompanied by a potent air of spice and herbs. Slowly but surely, these simple observational aids guided Zhongli throughout the city, where he would eventually learn the means of navigating it more accurately through marking recognizable landmarks by way of certain buildings or signs. This would prove to be helpful later on no doubt, when he'd no doubt have the need to find his way to certain places, or even to point others in need of direction himself.
As he managed to overcome the need for learning the new city he was now in, one thing consistently stuck out to Zhongli with every person he would encounter, either directly or indirectly. Dread was heavy in the air, though few seemed to be consciously aware of it. Most folk seemed intent on the reconstruction efforts tasked to them; be it manual labor on the rafters that trailed along rebuilt buildings or the distribution of food from local community kitchens. Though so many seemed to have the drive to survive and rise from the ashes that they were left with, it felt odd that they would all seem so glum at the same time. After looking around awhile, Zhongli would at last find the building he had been in search of: The city's Temple. Upon entering the grounds, passing through the gates with hands tucked neatly behind his back, Zhongli looked upon the land surrounding it; though graves were meant to be here, very few presently existed, contrary to the air of loss that permeated the city. Wasting little time, Zhongli had entered the temple, strolling casually along it's inner walls as he inspected the art and relics that were stored within as historical pieces. Finally, he was approached by a young woman in white robes, appearing to be one of the local members of the shrine. "Excuse me, sir. Might I help you with something? " As if having anticipated her approach, Zhongli did not immediately turn to meet her attention. Rather, he simply stopped in his movement, his focus resting upon a plaque that listed the names of the dead. Much of it's contents were recently etched; the number of names grossly misrepresenting the number of graves he had seen upon arriving to the temple. "Perhaps you can. I have heard of the tragedy that befell this city. You have my condolences, for what they may be worth. Might you know where the deceased have been put to rest, miss? " The priestess was wary; his inquiry seemed odd given she wasn't exactly familiar with who he was. Why would an outsider be asking such a thing..? With something of a cautious gaze, she lifted an other curious brow before inquiring on her own terms. "Ah, I suppose I would know something about that, but might I ask after your reasons for the question? " Of course this was to be expected, Zhongli had thought to himself. Slowly he shifted his amber irises toward the woman, his once neutral expression now poised with a gentle smile as he offered a slow rock of his head forward in something of a subtle bow. "My apologies for neglecting my introductions. I am Zhongli; a representative and consultant of Wǎngshēng-táng. It is a Funeral Parlor for which I am employed by. We are a humble Parlor from the Formosa island; we travel often as a means to provide our services to all who are in need of them throughout the continents. After all, such tragedies as these often find such rituals difficult to compose amid lists of responsibilities both new and old.. "

Though Zhongli was quite confident and straightforward with the story he told, while not entirely a lie, was certainly not so truthful either. The truth: "Wǎngshēng-táng" was in fact a Funeral Parlor, one that Zhongli did work with, at one point in time. The hidden facts: This Parlor, though once very real, was likely no longer in existence. Rather than being from the secluded and otherwise unfrequented Formosa Island which served as a convenient cover as very few travel to-and-fro, it was actually a business that once resided within a long since lost and abandoned city from a bygone era. Any reference or record of the Parlor's name dating back to it's true age of operation is likely long gone and reduced to ash scattered across the world twice-over by now. Though Zhongli very much knew all this himself, he clearly aimed to use the story he told to gain the trust of the temple priestess, of which it appeared to be working.. With a bright light glimmering behind her eyes, the woman folded her hands together in front of her as she seemed enamored with what Zhongli told her. With a quick shake of her head, she smiled up to him. "o-Oh, please accept my sincerest apologies, sir Zhongli. I did not wish to seem rude, but what with the raising of dead seeming so frequent these days, one can never be too careful.. To answer your original question, I am ashamed to say that we've yet to properly bury everyone.. I would say we've maybe seen to only a quarter of the dead. It has been incredibly difficult to not only gather them all, but to also preserve their remains, as well see to each individual's final rites, so it has been a slow and rather dreary process.. " The woman slowly bowed her own head toward her interlocked hands that were held up in front of her as she seemed to breath a silent prayer as her thoughts dwelled on the deceased. After a moment, she lifted her gaze to meet Zhongli's once more. "If you truly do come to offer your services, then please.. Will you help us put the dead to rest? You will be compensated somehow, I assure you.. "

After several long, lingering moments of silence, Zhongli had since returned his attention toward the plaque riddled in names freshly carved into it's face that ran in such length that it nearly fell off the bottom edge and needed to roll over to a new one all together. It was practically an obelisk, towering from the floor to the ceiling of the temple's hall they stood within now. The woman that stood slightly behind and to his side seemed to grow quite anxious; she wanted to plead for his answer, perhaps even beg for his compliance. No doubt the stress was getting to everyone on this particular subject, and it was far and beyond anything they were willing to admit being capable of handling any longer. Finally, Zhongli lifted a delicate hand, his fingers laced in a fine, tanned black leather material that acted as gloves. Carefully he moved to trace the tips of his fingers across the etched names, his amber eyes softening as he seemingly inspected each name in with mindful dedication. "Aika, Emiko, Cho, Botan, Annya, Ryoko, Saburo... " Zhongli had begun to rattle off one name after another, each corresponding to wherever his finger happened to hover over from one to the next across the face of the plaque. After several more names that followed after the initial few, he finally let his hand drop back to his side in a rested manner as he looked up toward the ceiling's
rafters, inspecting the peak of the shrine before him. "Tell me, miss. What do you believe has more value: A tale, or a person's name? " The priestess seemed to ponder a moment, yet her brows seemed to knead together slowly as she considered the question posed to her. Partially she was simply disappointed that she had yet to get a straight answer from him, yet also that the question seemed.. irrelevant? If there was a right answer, it wasn't even remotely obvious to her. With a light shrug, she took a thoughtful moment to truly consider what he had asked, then let out a soft breath before speaking. "Well, stories are well and good, but who are we if we do not have names to live by? " Zhongli's gaze softened as his eyes slowly shut, he pivoted lightly along his feet as he turned to face the woman, his amber irises peering forward once again. "A fair question. Names are but pretty sounds we as a people make to compensate for our inability to remember every story that could be told about every person. They are tools, but they are not valuable, for they are rarely unique and never guaranteed to only us. One day you may name another after you, or someone who was once important to you as a sign of respect and admiration for that person. All you would have done in doing so however is water down that name. It is but a clone; a husk without meaning until the one who dons it now might give it meaning.. " Zhongli had begun to explain his perspective on the point of his question. The woman stood silently as she listened attentively, each word she gradually began to hang upon further and further until she was practically enchanted. She couldn't help but have a thought here or there of her own with regards to possible rebuttals, yet somehow in those same moments, she could also feel something pulling at her heart, as if even though she could refute his meaning, she didn't want to.. "As is a tale, so is life: Not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters. Hmm.. Was that Lucius, or perhaps Aristotle..? " Zhongli had lifted a hand to caress at his chin pensively for a moment as he seemed to try and recall who exactly it was that he was quoting in that moment, yet he seemed to give up after only a brief attempt before shifting his gaze toward the woman once more, moving to extend a hand toward her as a gesture to take hers. "We all might be called by our names, but rarely to live by them; for them. The names you see upon this plaque are not individuals, but stories, interwoven into the lives of those that yet live on. The dead have no use for them, so shall we remember them until our time comes, in hopes another will tell our tale. Young miss, I would be humbled to assist in providing the funerary rites for those upon this list. " Eagerly the woman reached out to take hold of his hand, shaking it with poorly hidden excitement. The truth of the matter was that even though Zhongli wasn't in fact still a true "Funeral Parlor consultant" as he claimed he was, his respect for the dead was still very real, as was his talents that he had developed when he did work at the Parlor, so in truth, he was still quite qualified for this task. For now, he'd need to make the arrangements, ideally discreetly, until he'd finally do as he had been asked. This would be no simple job; he could just as easily left well enough alone and saw to other needs, yet something from his past nagged at him when he thought about the situation in front of him now, and he could not help but feel obligated to do something about it.

After concluding his business with the priestess of the temple, Zhongli had left the grounds and entered back into the main streets of the city. He lifted his gaze skyward as he tempered his thoughts for a moment. He would need to procure a few things; stone to be used as the headstones of each grave, securement of a sizeable plot of land to use as the burial grounds, blessed waters to sanctify said burial grounds, to name a few. This would all have to be done in a quick manner. He could feel the tension that was swelling within the hearts of those that resided in this city the longer this particular task went undone. It was a boiling point that couldn't be ignored any longer, so he would have to operate with efficiency. First and foremost, he believed it was appropriate the find the land that would be used. For now the interior of the city was no option, neither was the temple grounds itself as it was hardly big enough to support the number of dead. Something else he had considered was the level of unease that the living would feel with having such a mass burial of the dead within their city walls. After all, the whole reason of why they are in this particular situation was due to the assault of the dead, so they'd no doubt have numerous reservations with that decision. In one swift movement, Zhongli's body had rapidly ripped away from his position, something of a flicker as he disappeared and reappeared in a split moment standing along the highest point of the city where he could have a proper view of it's surroundings, namely along the outside of the walls. After a brief survey, he'd discover a curious indent close to a nearby cliffside. A small patch of grass was hooked around by the hill it was rested up against, adequately isolated in what some might deem a tactical point for something like a garrison camp. However, Zhongli's plans for it are a bit different. Not only would it suit as a proper site for the burials; one with quality, rich soil and a rather beautiful clear view of the ocean to the south to boot, but it was easily isolated if the worst case scenario would occur: That the sanctifying of the ground would not prevent the dead from rising again and would require them to be dealt with in a more aggressive manner.
Chakra Cost:10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat or attack suddenly. To facilitate the movement, the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance.
Note: Cannot be used in battle.

Once he felt that he had found the proper placement he'd like to utilize for the ceremony, Zhongli had utilized the same method as before to descend the high vantage point he had previously climbed up to. Once his feet were upon the ground once more, he began to make his way back toward the temple, where he entered and made the effort to find the same priestess as before. As soon as his eyes had found the familiar woman, he approached her and offered a light tap along her shoulder to grab her attention. With a slight squeak, the girl whipped around to eye Zhongli, only for her to bring a hand to her chest and heave out a heavy sigh of relief. "o-Oh, my lord Zhongli, it is only you. Pardon, I'm not so used to getting many visitors here. How may I help? " A single brow seemed to lift along Zhongli's expression at the woman's abrupt reaction, yet upon her explanation, he merely offered a soft nod of his head. "My apologies, I didn't mean to startle you, I shall endeavor to be more careful in the future. With that said, I've located a nearby patch of land I believe will suit our needs for the burials. Would you happen to know if it has any future plans to speak of, or if it is owned by anyone at present? " Upon asking the question, Zhongli had since taken out a map to where he'd point to the position he was referring to. The Priestess observed carefully as she aimed to thoroughly think over her answers before giving them. "Well, as far as I am aware that land is not owned nor bound for any contracted construction. I believe that will work just fine. " With an affirming nod, Zhongli had proceeded to recoil the map into a rolled up scroll that he tucked neatly away into the interior of his coat. "Splendid. Then I will need a source of water blessed by you, miss.. hm. Pardon, but I believe you have me at a disadvantage: Might I know your name? " The Priestess blinked as she feigned an effort to muffle a soft giggle that would roll out from her and through the sleeve she had lifted to try and muffle the sound. "Ah, here I thought names were simply pretty noises with no value? I jest, of course. I am Delilah. It's my pleasure to have met you. " Zhongli recognized the irony given their previous discussion, yet it wasn't as though he had claimed names were useless nor unnecessary; they simply had no value. Something he would elaborate on if it was asked of him, but for now it was an insignificant issue. He had offered her a faint smile as he slowly lowered his head in a subtle bowing gesture toward her. "Delilah. I shall remember it. " After having stood straight once again, the woman nodded to him comfortably before pivoting along her heels and moving toward the back half of the temple, secluded from the main portion that they presently stood within, separated by some drapery pinned between two pillars. "I shall see to your request, please give me a moment. " And in fact a moment was all that was needed. As soon as Delilah had disappeared, only a brief intermission later had she reappeared back in the main portion of the temple, approaching Zhongli once more with a vial gripped in both hands. It was a crystal container, one that held a clear and reflective liquid within that appeared like water, yet had a certain clarity to it that rivaled natural springs. After exchanging hands, Zhongli had tucked it lightly away into his coat for safe keeping. "Right then, please see to the transportation of the bodies of the deceased to the site we previously discussed. I will handle the rest from there. " With that, he had offered a final departing gesture to the woman before turning to leave the temple, making his way toward the site by the cliff.

Upon arrival to the secluded site, Zhongli took a quick, inquisitive look around the sheer cliffsides that surrounded the location. They all seemed quite sturdy; the possibility of any rockslides seeming quite unlikely as it was hardly jagged with loose stones in the least. Knowing this, he opted to prioritize the preparation of the grounds. After having taken his place at the furthest point into the site, back against the cliff's wall, he offered one swift gesture while pouring a considerable amount of his earthen chakra throughout the entire field ahead of him. With a single hand seal, several dozen rectangular spaces throughout the field, each six feet deep and divided by six feet evenly from one to another. Rows and rows of the holes were formed in a consistent pattern. Once this was done, Zhongli would then form a separate hand seal, of which allowed for the manipulation of the stone within the earth at the heads of each of the freshly made graves. One by one, a single slab of stone would erect from the ground, each uniform to each other just as the graves themselves were.

Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra: 30
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and rasing earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.

Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Damage: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

With the newly formed graves made, it was just in time to meet the arrival of the Priestess that Zhongli had been coordinating with thus far, accompanied by a large bulk of the city's citizenry. Following behind them were several carts drawn by horse, each containing numerous body-size cloth coverings that served to hide the deceased beneath each of them. Zhongli offered a soft nod to Delilah before peering out across each of the citizens, moving to fold his hands behind his back. "Be welcome each of you. Today you all shall put to rest not the dead, but your own pain. Funerals are for the living, for the dead are beyond the horizon we see now. You may grieve, you may mourn, but you must find peace, for they already have. " With that, Zhongli had gestured broadly to the field of graves as the signal for each of the citizens to begin their own individual efforts to see to the burials of each of the dead; family, friends, even acquaintances or strangers.. One by one the graves were assigned a single body, of which Zhongli would take the time to utilize his earth chakra to seal up the graves by shifting the surrounding dirt and stone to fill in the holes until all that was left at the top of each were small mounds of soil the same length and width as the grave itself. Once each grave was filled and the last of the dead were buried, Zhongli would direct everyone to step back to the carts, giving him the space to sanctify the ground. With a simple gesture in front of him, Zhongli had begun to conjure forth a sum of his water chakra, causing it to swirl into a sphere in front of him. From there, he plucked the vial from before from his coat, approaching the sphere where he'd pour the contents inside. Without delay or hesitation, he quickly guided the sphere skyward before letting it burst outward, the water trickling down across the entirety of the gravesite as a light mist of rain that lightly dampened the ground in a slow, steady manner. With one clap of his hands, Zhongli bowed his head to the graves. "Live that people may speak well of thee at thy grave. The just needs no memorial, for their deeds shall be their monument. Say not in grief they are no more, but live in thankfulness that they were. Bǎoyòu.. " As if in unison, each citizen bowed their heads in a similar manner as Zhongli, Delilah standing directly beside him as she uttered a soft-spoken prayer of departing of her own.

Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Damage: 20
Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.

Note: Doesn't require a water source but can be used to manipulate existing water.

In another gesture, Zhongli had turned to face the crowd, of which he had lifted a hand in front of him in something of a beckoning manner. Gradually, a golden aura began to illuminate brightly around him, each flake glistening against the slightest light. The energy was unusual and not so identical to chakra that it would be easily mistook as such. The citizens all looked upon Zhongli as the energy danced around him smoothly, some cautious and others in simple awe. As the golden energy began to swell in a greater density, Zhongli had begun to manipulate it's form, several dozen formations conjoining in common spots scattered throughout the air surrounding him. After a brief delay, the energy had taken on more physical forms after molding to shapes akin to it's final tangible product, each having now formed into that of what appeared to be floating paper lanterns. These lanterns swirled slowly and peacefully around Zhongli's form for a time as he seemed to guide them with a simple gesture of his hand. "Look upon the horizon and see that those you have lost, are not lost. They bridge beyond our gaze, but are never truly gone. They are now stories to tell, so tell them with pride and passion that shall do their lives justice. " As Zhongli spoke, he offered one final gesture toward the sky, his index finger pointed toward the horizon in something of a symbolic manner as the numerous lanterns were picked up by a gentle breeze that few truly felt, as if being carried by some unknown force that guided them toward the sky and it's glimmering edge. Each lantern would inevitably dissolve back into it's original state of energy that had composed them previously, that of the Prana that Zhongli had harnessed moments ago, but they would only do so after they had left the range of sight that the crowd could see, and taking plenty of time to reach that point as well, allowing for the citizenry to stare upon them in long, dwelling silence. Despite the heaviness of the air, somehow things did not feel quite as bleak and dreary as they once did at the start of the process. Though many were still grieving, it now seemed.. pure, absent of guilt. With luck, this would bring the city a renewed sense of motivation in the following days, preparing them for the future.

Type: Offensive/Defensive/Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 10-40 (10)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique encompasses the basic applications of the Surge of Evocation. The Surge of Evocation is the usage of Prana in its raw and unrefined form; whatever this Prana touches is transformed into ethereal energy and transported to the Throne. Prana will neutralize and be neutralized by techniques that possess the same amount of chakra. Similarly it will be useless against attacks of greater chakra and will not be weakened by techniques of lower chakra. However when used on living targets this ambient energy will feel extremely frigid to the touch and induce cold burns on contact or even freeze a target solid for higher ranked applications. D to B-Rank uses will inflict cold burns as well as all of the effects of frostbite. A-Rank uses will cause necrosis of the afflicted parts of the body, making them appear dark purple and bruised to signify the death of cells. Affected appendages and organs will cease to function, becoming completely immobile in the case of limbs. S rank uses will freeze the struck targets solid. In the case of Surgebinders, who are immune to all of the above effects, they will be transported to the Throne when struck by the prana of another member of their clan. Era of Gods can be split into three separate applications, all based on the same principle: constructs, armors, and familiars made of prana energy.

Pride of Gilgamesh – Gates of Babylon
The Pride of Gilgamesh allows the user to produce Prana either from the user’s body or on the battlefield. The Prana can only be manifested within short-range of the opponent if the user is also within that range, in which it must be created a minimum of one meter away. This restriction does not apply if the user chooses to release the Prana from their body, rather than manifest it away from themselves. The energy can be released from the body via various hand signs depending on the user's rank in the clan. This can be done to generate constructs bound only by the rank of technique used and one’s imagination; alternatively the user can simplify the application by creating streams, waves, and constructs of Prana. Manifested Prana is capable of taking solid form, granting tangibility at the user’s volition. Non-projectile uses of this technique are capable of levitating and can be governed through mental commands and a sustained chakra cost. B-Ranks and below are sustained through 5 chakra per turn, A-Ranks and above require 10 chakra per turn. Created constructs will last three turns per usage unless they are prematurely cancelled. S-Rank applications can only be used once every three turns and no Prana in the user’s next turn.

Embrace of Ishtar – Armory of Akkadia
This variant allows the user to manifest armors, auras, and coatings of Prana around their body. This can be used to enshroud a single or multiple body parts in a layer of colored energy. These defenses can be made to fit the body like conventional armors or enveloping it in a formless manner. The first type can be created with additional limbs and appendages such as wings which enable flight. The user can also constantly reshape it and create small-scale weapons from the body of the armor, though at the cost of one of the user's three moves. It should be noted that these constructs remain attached to the main body of the armor and so act as an extension of it. The second type generates a “flowing aura” that appears to flicker like an open flame. This aura is often made as an upwards column that is streamed into the sky with its base remaining around the user. It should be noted that its power is not split or divided as all of the Prana energy is part of one whole. The armors can exhibit tangibility, although this does not hinder the user’s techniques and their passing which can freely move in and out of the armor per the user’s will. B-Rank and below applications require being sustained with 5 chakra per turn while A and S Ranks require 10 chakra per turn. This technique can last a maximum of three turns. S-Rank applications can be used twice per battle. After an S-Rank application expires the user is unable to utilize Prana single turn.

Divinity of Merlin – Garden of Avalon
The Divinity of Merlin allows the user to produce Prana in the same way as the Pride of Gilgamesh and can be shaped in the same way, limited by rank and imagination. However, unlike the Pride of Gilgamesh which creates static constructs the Divinity of Merlin creates constructs imbued with a limited form of sentience – familiars. These familiars can be created anywhere on the battlefield, with the exception of short-range of the opponent unless the user is also within that range; in this case the familiar cannot be created within two meters of the opponent. This restriction does not apply if the user chooses to release the Prana from their body. Familiars are capable of taking numerous shapes, not simply limited to animals. These familiars are also capable of taking solid form at the user’s volition. Familiars are capable of remaining on the battlefield for four turns. B-Ranks and below are sustained through 5 chakra per turn, A-Ranks and above require 10 chakra per turn. S-Rank applications can only be used twice times per battle and no Prana in the user’s next turn.

Note: The upper echelon of the clan (Servants and above) are capable of using this technique without hand signs for B-rank and below. A-rank will require two hand signs and S-rank requires three.
Note: The lower tier clan members (Phantasms to Guardians) will require 5 to 3 hand seals for all ranks, decreasing as they they ascend in rank.

This message marks the end of my mission.

Last edited:

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Before his imminent departure from Last Bastion, Emiya took some time to simply soak in the sights of the city. His first visit was through the lens of a global infection, and now it was in the wake of a violent assault, so the future did not look particularly bright for the capital of Tobusekai's, well, capital. Though it was rather unpleasant, he seared the images of Last Bastion at it's lowest into his mind and heart, a cruel reminder of the worlds indifference to their suffering, and a grim mnemonic trigger for his own tragedy that set him down his current path to begin with. While bartering with a merchant over the exact degree to which he was ripping him off inflating his prices for some simple supplies, Emiya noticed a distinct lack of bodies in the street, both warm and cold. While not particularly odd given recent events, there were definitely more people on his way in than were currently present. Walking away from the merchant mid-argument, Emiya quickly found a rather large group of people, seemingly amassed for a mass funeral. The activity itself was rather standard, but an appreciated service, not only for the health and safety concern of piled up bodies being vectors for disease, but also to pay them their final respects. While the man seemingly running the service was colorful, it wasn't until he released a similarly distinctive energy that Emiya began to take notice of him. It was different from his own, but there was no doubt that the energy this figure used was Prana, the same energy that flowed through his veins. While similar, this figures own was far more beautiful, a deep, earthen gold color shaped into countless lanterns that floated into the sky, where they harmlessly dissipated. There was a concern that a civilian would be encapsulated by the spectacle, and try and touch one of them, though thankfully from a glance they appeared to be rather weak individually, so the harm they would inflict would be minor at best. The man was smart enough not to endanger people with their gestures of good will, something Emiya could learn a thing or two about considering his recent endangerment of Mistheaven...

The technique aside, this man was very likely from Avalon, if not a full blown Radiant, which was a first. Emiya was yet to truly meet another of the order, if indeed he was a Radiant to begin with. If he was an independent actor like him, that would make things easier, though if they broke from the code Radiants enforced, and Divergents respected even if they did not follow, and he was in fact a Fallen Surgebinder, things could very easily go sour. Though he'd been through more harrowing events recently, the events back at Mt. Enzo were still fresh in his mind, where a fanatical Fallen had begun forging falsified Noble Phantasms in an attempt to usurp the Surgebinder's powers for his own ends. Then again, if this man was considerate enough to help bury the dead, and perform a mass funeral for them, then it was unlikely he was a bad person, regardless of where his allegiances fell. As most everyone present were occupied with the spectacle above their heads, Emiya approached Zhongli, keeping his voice low, and his tone pleasant.

"Hey, sorry if I'm intruding, but I couldn't help but notice the service. Those lanterns you sent out were beautiful.
You wouldn't happen to have picked that up from someone in Avalon, or maybe a certain lecherous magus with an affinity for flowers?"

@Red-Robin.

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Before his imminent departure from Last Bastion, Emiya took some time to simply soak in the sights of the city. His first visit was through the lens of a global infection, and now it was in the wake of a violent assault, so the future did not look particularly bright for the capital of Tobusekai's, well, capital. Though it was rather unpleasant, he seared the images of Last Bastion at it's lowest into his mind and heart, a cruel reminder of the worlds indifference to their suffering, and a grim mnemonic trigger for his own tragedy that set him down his current path to begin with. While bartering with a merchant over the exact degree to which he was ripping him off inflating his prices for some simple supplies, Emiya noticed a distinct lack of bodies in the street, both warm and cold. While not particularly odd given recent events, there were definitely more people on his way in than were currently present. Walking away from the merchant mid-argument, Emiya quickly found a rather large group of people, seemingly amassed for a mass funeral. The activity itself was rather standard, but an appreciated service, not only for the health and safety concern of piled up bodies being vectors for disease, but also to pay them their final respects. While the man seemingly running the service was colorful, it wasn't until he released a similarly distinctive energy that Emiya began to take notice of him. It was different from his own, but there was no doubt that the energy this figure used was Prana, the same energy that flowed through his veins. While similar, this figures own was far more beautiful, a deep, earthen gold color shaped into countless lanterns that floated into the sky, where they harmlessly dissipated. There was a concern that a civilian would be encapsulated by the spectacle, and try and touch one of them, though thankfully from a glance they appeared to be rather weak individually, so the harm they would inflict would be minor at best. The man was smart enough not to endanger people with their gestures of good will, something Emiya could learn a thing or two about considering his recent endangerment of Mistheaven...
The technique aside, this man was very likely from Avalon, if not a full blown Radiant, which was a first. Emiya was yet to truly meet another of the order, if indeed he was a Radiant to begin with. If he was an independent actor like him, that would make things easier, though if they broke from the code Radiants enforced, and Divergents respected even if they did not follow, and he was in fact a Fallen Surgebinder, things could very easily go sour. Though he'd been through more harrowing events recently, the events back at Mt. Enzo were still fresh in his mind, where a fanatical Fallen had begun forging falsified Noble Phantasms in an attempt to usurp the Surgebinder's powers for his own ends. Then again, if this man was considerate enough to help bury the dead, and perform a mass funeral for them, then it was unlikely he was a bad person, regardless of where his allegiances fell. As most everyone present were occupied with the spectacle above their heads, Emiya approached Zhongli, keeping his voice low, and his tone pleasant.

"Hey, sorry if I'm intruding, but I couldn't help but notice the service. Those lanterns you sent out were beautiful.
You wouldn't happen to have picked that up from someone in Avalon, or maybe a certain lecherous magus with an affinity for flowers?"

@Red-Robin.
Silence had loomed over the area for several lingering moments after Zhongli had sent the lanterns off to their final journey across the sky. He had taken his position a few paces back behind the main bulk of the crowd, keeping his distance as to remain separated from the grief that was not his to share with them. This sort of thing was private; personal.. Though he could help guide them onto the path that was necessary to find their solace, he could not find it for them. He had hopes that the words he spoke prior to the ceremony would last to those who bothered to listen: The dead have begun a separate journey and haven't the desire to watch those left behind neglect their own for the sake of perpetual mourning. Sooner or later those who suffer now will have to pick up their feet and resume life anew, yet if history was any tell for how such things tend to go.. All that could be done was hope they shall manage; if not alone, then as a community.

Zhongli had arranged both of his arms in a folded manner across his chest, his fingers tapping lightly across his biceps; they were simple and vague gestures that would naturally go unnoticed by most, and even those who did would pass it off as very little more than a simple idle tic. Yet the reality was they served as a means for him to direct control of the lanterns, constantly guiding them in both the ascent and descent of their altitude while keeping them from carrying against the natural breeze that would inevitably pass across the ocean in an aim to prevent them from traveling in any unintended direction and risk unwanted conversions into Prana.

Not long after he had taken to the silence surrounding him, Zhongli heard a low, hushed voice speak to him from his flank. Though he wasn't necessarily aware of the individual or their particularly.. specific questions, nor was he all to surprised by their approach. After all, he had used Prana which was an energy sourced from a common link that all those who shared the same tether could detect with minimal effort. The truth of the matter was he had no particular familiarity with many who were of the order nor a sense of kinship to them, yet he'd always take any opportunity to try and lure out those who shared the gift of The Throne. Without breaking his focus on the scene in front of him; both a
combination of being watchful of the lanterns he had sent away as well the crowd in front of him, he remained silent for only a moment before speaking. "It is no intrusion, at least I am no such authority to claim it as such. I am a humble Nomad, nothing more. " Zhongli spoke plainly, though he only seemed to address that particular point, despite clearly having heard the rest of the man's implicative questions. He seemed to delay the subject on purpose as the Priestess who had helped him coordinate this effort began to approach. Her eyes were fixed on Zhongli initially, though she drew her gaze over to the newcomer who stood beside him. She seemed wary at first; she still wasn't so used to seeing so many new faces back-to-back, yet it was something she had to grow into sooner or later. Upon approach, she looked up to Zhongli. "I must thank you for all you have done for these people.. If you had not come along, I fear many would have gone without their last rites for months to come and the suffering of guilt would have been irreversible for many. The temple is currently dreadfully short of money and resources at the moment, so I am not sure what we can offer you, but I will figure-- " Zhongli lifted a hand from it's folded state along his other arm, offering a gentle, dismissive gesture toward the woman while providing a reassuring smile. "Do not give it another thought. I will be moving on from this place soon, but I will doubtless be returning sooner or later. I am a man fond of local cuisines and do all I can to sample whenever I can. Though with circumstances as they are, I lacked that privilege this time, so treat me to one next I come through and I will be glad to consider the contract fulfilled. " The Priestess Delilah seemed ready to insist that he be repaid somehow, yet she seemed to lack the means to slip in with any possible counteroffers that were at her disposal and it seemed Zhongli knew -or at least anticipated- that quite well.. With a faint sigh, she offered a soft nod with a smile of her own. "Agreed. Please, travel safely, lord Zhongli. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. To you as well, sir. " The woman bowed her head to Zhongli firstly, then turned to face the other that stood beside him and offered the same courtesy before turning and moving to rejoin the crowd; comforting and consoling those she could for as long as was needed.

While offering a parting wave to the woman, Zhongli's expression reverted from a soft, welcoming smile to a neutral one. He turned his amber gaze toward the man who had approached him before, giving him a once over as he let his hand fall to rest at his side. "Apologies for my curtness. While I do not mean to avoid your inquiries, I'd prefer these folk did not have more than is necessary on their minds, such as talk of matters outside their small world. I imagine they can only handle so few surprises more. " With a slow turn of his posture to face the other entirely now, Zhongli had lifted his hands to grip lightly at his coat, pulling lightly at it's hem to straighten out and folds that could have been present from the numerous changes in his posture in such a short time. He'd give himself a quick glance before returning his focus forward. "Based on your rather unmistakable description, I'd venture to guess you are an acquaintance of Merlin? How has he been? It has been-- .. Well, awhile, since he and I last spoke. "

Last edited:

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Silence had loomed over the area for several lingering moments after Zhongli had sent the lanterns off to their final journey across the sky. He had taken his position a few paces back behind the main bulk of the crowd, keeping his distance as to remain separated from the grief that was not his to share with them. This sort of thing was private; personal.. Though he could help guide them onto the path that was necessary to find their solace, he could not find it for them. He had hopes that the words he spoke prior to the ceremony would last to those who bothered to listen: The dead have begun a separate journey and haven't the desire to watch those left behind neglect their own for the sake of perpetual mourning. Sooner or later those who suffer now will have to pick up their feet and resume life anew, yet if history was any tell for how such things tend to go.. All that could be done was hope they shall manage; if not alone, then as a community.

Zhongli had arranged both of his arms in a folded manner across his chest, his fingers tapping lightly across his biceps; they were simple and vague gestures that would naturally go unnoticed by most, and even those who did would pass it off as very little more than a simple idle tic. Yet the reality was they served as a means for him to direct control of the lanterns, constantly guiding them in both the ascent and descent of their altitude while keeping them from carrying against the natural breeze that would inevitably pass across the ocean in an aim to prevent them from traveling in any unintended direction and risk unwanted conversions into Prana.

Not long after he had taken to the silence surrounding him, Zhongli heard a low, hushed voice speak to him from his flank. Though he wasn't necessarily aware of the individual or their particularly.. specific questions, nor was he all to surprised by their approach. After all, he had used Prana which was an energy sourced from a common link that all those who shared the same tether could detect with minimal effort. The truth of the matter was he had no particular familiarity with many who were of the order nor a sense of kinship to them, yet he'd always take any opportunity to try and lure out those who shared the gift of The Throne. Without breaking his focus on the scene in front of him; both a
combination of being watchful of the lanterns he had sent away as well the crowd in front of him, he remained silent for only a moment before speaking. "It is no intrusion, at least I am no such authority to claim it as such. I am a humble Nomad, nothing more. " Zhongli spoke plainly, though he only seemed to address that particular point, despite clearly having heard the rest of the man's implicative questions. He seemed to delay the subject on purpose as the Priestess who had helped him coordinate this effort began to approach. Her eyes were fixed on Zhongli initially, though she drew her gaze over to the newcomer who stood beside him. She seemed wary at first; she still wasn't so used to seeing so many new faces back-to-back, yet it was something she had to grow into sooner or later. Upon approach, she looked up to Zhongli. "I must thank you for all you have done for these people.. If you had not come along, I fear many would have gone without their last rites for months to come and the suffering of guilt would have been irreversible for many. The temple is currently dreadfully short of money and resources at the moment, so I am not sure what we can offer you, but I will figure-- " Zhongli lifted a hand from it's folded state along his other arm, offering a gentle, dismissive gesture toward the woman while providing a reassuring smile. "Do not give it another thought. I will be moving on from this place soon, but I will doubtless be returning sooner or later. I am a man fond of local cuisines and do all I can to sample whenever I can. Though with circumstances as they are, I lacked that privilege this time, so treat me to one next I come through and I will be glad to consider the contract fulfilled. " The Priestess Delilah seemed ready to insist that he be repaid somehow, yet she seemed to lack the means to slip in with any possible counteroffers that were at her disposal and it seemed Zhongli knew -or at least anticipated- that quite well.. With a faint sigh, she offered a soft nod with a smile of her own. "Agreed. Please, travel safely, lord Zhongli. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. To you as well, sir. " The woman bowed her head to Zhongli firstly, then turned to face the other that stood beside him and offered the same courtesy before turning and moving to rejoin the crowd; comforting and consoling those she could for as long as was needed.

While offering a parting wave to the woman, Zhongli's expression reverted from a soft, welcoming smile to a neutral one. He turned his amber gaze toward the man who had approached him before, giving him a once over as he let his hand fall to rest at his side. "Apologies for my curtness. While I do not mean to avoid your inquiries, I'd prefer these folk did not have more than is necessary on their minds, such as talk of matters outside their small world. I imagine they can only handle so few surprises more. " With a slow turn of his posture to face the other entirely now, Zhongli had lifted his hands to grip lightly at his coat, pulling lightly at it's hem to straighten out and folds that could have been present from the numerous changes in his posture in such a short time. He'd give himself a quick glance before returning his focus forward. "Based on your rather unmistakable description, I'd venture to guess you are an acquaintance of Merlin? How has he been? It has been-- .. Well, awhile, since he and I last spoke. "

Though he was a complete outsider to the affair, Emiya still gave a courteous bow as the Priestess waved him farewell. Zhongli on the other hand, while keeping his cards close to his chest, did eventually reveal that Emiya's analysis of the light show was accurate, while also confirming he was an acquaintance of Merlin. If he did not share the Magus of Flower's less scrupulous interests, and desire for trouble making, he could be a far more reliable, and less irritating ally. Maintaining that casual tone, Emiya responded;

"Surprisingly, still kicking. I haven't known him for particularly long, but even I can tell that man has a knack for mischief..."

As for the deflection, Emiya seemed to be unphased. While Zhongli didn't wish to cause unencessary stress on people, Emiya would make his own intentions clear from the get-go. He was someone who strived for justice after all, so there was no need to hide his opinion.

"I disagree, at least so far as calling the knowledge that we've got this power an added burden to everyone here. Avalon's Knights Radiant are known for being an honorable order who uphold the law, even if they can get caught up in red tape when it matters most if you ask me.

Knowing that there are people out there who have their powers, and more importantly the drive to do something with them would be a comfort, or at least I'd like to think so. I certainly feel better knowing there might be others out there that people like Merlin have taken an interest in, and who care about the world, and most importantly aren't afraid to do something about it..."

With an outreached hand, Emiya offered proper introductions.

"Sorry, I just gave you an earful about ethics without even introducing myself.
Name's Shirō Emiya, self-proclaimed Hero of Justice."

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Though he was a complete outsider to the affair, Emiya still gave a courteous bow as the Priestess waved him farewell. Zhongli on the other hand, while keeping his cards close to his chest, did eventually reveal that Emiya's analysis of the light show was accurate, while also confirming he was an acquaintance of Merlin. If he did not share the Magus of Flower's less scrupulous interests, and desire for trouble making, he could be a far more reliable, and less irritating ally. Maintaining that casual tone, Emiya responded;
"Surprisingly, still kicking. I haven't known him for particularly long, but even I can tell that man has a knack for mischief..."

As for the deflection, Emiya seemed to be unphased. While Zhongli didn't wish to cause unencessary stress on people, Emiya would make his own intentions clear from the get-go. He was someone who strived for justice after all, so there was no need to hide his opinion.
"I disagree, at least so far as calling the knowledge that we've got this power an added burden to everyone here. Avalon's Knights Radiant are known for being an honorable order who uphold the law, even if they can get caught up in red tape when it matters most if you ask me.
Knowing that there are people out there who have their powers, and more importantly the drive to do something with them would be a comfort, or at least I'd like to think so. I certainly feel better knowing there might be others out there that people like Merlin have taken an interest in, and who care about the world, and most importantly aren't afraid to do something about it..."

With an outreached hand, Emiya offered proper introductions.
"Sorry, I just gave you an earful about ethics without even introducing myself.
Name's Shirō Emiya, self-proclaimed Hero of Justice."
Zhongli, though coy, was careful to pay his attentions to each of the newcomer's behaviorisms. He would note their response of courtesies in kind to the Priestess who had previously approached, despite assumingly never having met one another before. Though it was mildly expected of the Priestess herself; such was the image of those in such positions as her to provide courtesy to even those undeserving. Yet for others that was not the case, and while he had no obligation to so much as even acknowledge Delilah's existence in favor of pressing his own interests, he did so anyway. To Zhongli, that could mean a number of things, namely the tell of a decent man or a manipulative one. For now, it was enough to know they weren't problematic at face value.

"Is that so? I imagine it would be difficult for a .. man such as him to ever truly perish. He is both sly as a fox and wicked as a hyena. With such a combination, even Death would find it tempting to leave him to his devices, overlooked. " Zhongli's features had seemingly softened, if only for a brief moment after having heard that Merlin was still around. While he wasn't a man to temper in sentimentality, he quite literally had no one to name that he considered so much as an acquaintance that was still alive today. He found solace in his own duties and assigned responsibilities to accumulate the wealth of tales from all over this world as a means of his life's purpose, yet no one could ever truly suffer true solitary for long. Merlin was the only man whom Zhongli had ever felt even a remote familiarity to, with luck he'd have the opportunity to meet the Magus again in the near future, in hopes that he even still remembered who Zhongli was.

Zhongli had once again peered toward the crowd for a time, watching as one body at a time began to trickle off back toward the comforts of the Last Bastion, behind their recently renovated city walls. The Lanterns had long since passed the point of visibility toward the horizon, where they had been reduced back into their initial energy-based forms of golden Prana before dispersing entirely away into nothing; they had served their purpose and no longer had a need to persist. All the while, he listened attentively to the other's "rebuttal" to the previous point made in passing. Without so much as an inquiry from Zhongli, he openly and readily admitted to not only knowing of Surgebinders on a broader spectrum, but also of the Radiant order as well, and their primary capitol of Avalon, as well the commonality of Merin's relevance among all of the same things. With a steady gaze, Zhongli shifted his amber irises curiously toward the other, who had since introduced his name. While he himself had already been called by name in his presence, so assuming this Shirō Emiya was at all observant, he'd already know it. But courtesies and mutual respect demanded that when one was given, the other would do so in kind. But first..

"While the presence of such an Order might be seen as a blessing to those who know so much about them as we do, the unknown is still frightful to those who know little as they do. You may be the most benevolent individual alive; those who know tragedy and betrayal will always suspect it from those they do not understand. " Zhongli seemed to speak from a voice of experience, an air of certainty hanging off of his every word that could only be said with the confidence of one who lived the exact experience. Though he didn't seem ready to jump into such rehearsed memories, he instead opted to finalize the most recent point made: Introductions. "Emiya. I will remember it. As for me, I suppose I might go by "Zhongli, self-proclaimed Listener of Stories." I believe yours has a finer ring to it, but I was never very good with titles. " From there he glanced down to the outstretched hand of Emiya. He blinked once, then again at the gesture in a moment of confusion. Though the handshake wasn't exactly a new concept, from the age he was from, it was only ever used to cement and reaffirm business transactions and the formation of contracts between more than a single party. Now however, it seemed to hold much less weight, so far as being used for casual greetings now. He'd have to look into this later if he planned to.. remain here awhile longer, but for now he could seem so rude as to reject the kindness. With an outstretch of one of his own gloved hands, Zhongli gripped gingerly around that of Emiya's own, though he did not shake it, now simply standing and staring into Emiya's own eyes in something of an awkward exchange. "Given our previous familiarities, I suspect you are one who shares the gift of The Throne as well. I would be curious to know you better; after all, I haven't known any others myself. It would be interesting to.. what is the expression..? "Pick your brain" on your experiences? "

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
With the confrontation finally over, Carmilla couldn’t help but laugh, watching her pathetic sister squirm from on the ground from the impact of her attacks. The bone forest immediately shattered, leaving nothing behind as the bones disappeared into simple fragments. Once she was close enough she would attempt to finally kill Mirabelle off but the latter swiftly jumped from the ground and into the arms of her sister. “Please…stop this..” Mirabelle begged her. Carmilla was taken back for a moment but immediately bones erupted from her body, further slicing the skin of Mirabelle and causing her intense harm. “GET OFF ME YOU WORTHELSS…” Carmilla tried to take her off but Mirabelle took the all the punches and blows.

Type: Offensive
Chakra: 20
Damage: 40 + 30 = 70
Description: Karamatsu no Mai is the third of the five Kaguya dance forms. The user creates a mass of razor-sharp bone spikes all over their body. The user can grow these bones at an extremely rapid rate so they can stab an opponent even as the bones are growing. Since the bones are harder than steel, they can be used defensively to block or trap an opponent's strikes.
This technique is a great surprise attack and it makes the user basically untouchable at close range. When an opponent is close to the user, they spin very fast, rapidly slashing the foe in multiple areas of their body.

Soon the impacts started to lessen, the punches stopped. All that remained was Mirabelle and Carmilla in an embrace. Carmilla couldn’t understand what was going on. Why was this child so insistent on stopping her, after all the things she said and did. “Carmilla…I’m sorry…I’m sorry I couldn’t save them…but you have to realize it wasn’t my fault!” Mirabelle said, but Carmilla started to trash about once more. “YES IT WAS…THE SEA SHOWED ME

IT LIED TO YOU!”
NO IT DIDN’T…
ARE YOU LISTENING TO YOURSELF? WHY WOULD SOME WEIRD LIQUID TELL YOU THAT I KILLED OUR MOTHER? ARE YOU DUMB?”
I…don’t know…

They argued for a moment with Carmilla’s mind slowly becoming less clouded. She was hell bent on trying to get revenge but…it only brought her more pain. Deep down, it pained her to hurt her sister the way she did but the sea of life that was now literally apart of her dna twisted this. She didn’t have a mind of her own as she thought…but in reality, she did. Tiamat was no more, she was gone and sealed…all these actions where her own ideals but using the sea of life she now controlled, she was only fooling herself. “I’m sorry…” Carmilla said, hugging Mirabelle back finally. “It’s ok…we can fix this..together…

Alas the two sisters finally reunited, ending the sibling bickering with one another. “Mirabelle…I messed up didn’t it?” Carmilla asked as streams of tears rolled down her eyes. “Yes but you can make up for it…by starting over and trying to fix the mistakes you made…so let’s start with that ok?” Mirabelle said smiling to her sister…she didn’t mean any of the mean things she said to her. Carmilla nodded as she let Mirabelle go. “I’ll be leaving for now then…we’ll meet again soon, I promise” Carmilla said as she disappeared into thin purple smoke and headed off onto her path of atonement.

Mirabelle smiled, getting an extra pair of clothes from her pouch and changing into them. “Alright…lets see what’s happening in the city…” she said mounting her thunderbird summon once more as it came down from the skies, as she approached back towards the last bastion.

End of Mission.

60 HP Left

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
799💸
Kumi
988💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Moving forward from the fight, Mirabelle while in the air started off by taking her Yang chakra and began to self-heal all the damage she sustained in the previous fight, though as her thunderbird flew over the landscape, she noticed red haired male of Emiya. She commanded the creature to descend from the skies, as its wings continued to generate electrical storm clouds above the bastion once more. Once she was low enough to jump down without issue, she landed not too far away from the pair of individuals. Once she approached them, she noticed the other person and recognized him almost immediately. “Zho…Zhongli-san?! I haven’t seen you in a long time, where the hell you been?!” she said running towards him with a rather annoyed look in her eyes. This man, he was always a wonderer of sorts, neve staying still in one place.

It was almost fate to find him here of all places, but perhaps he had gotten word that the village needed reinforcements here. The young maiden sighed for a moment, allowing Zhongli to explain himself if he intends to in which she then follows up into another question towards Emiya. “I taken you managed to get what was needed to be done here, Emiya-kun” she said as her brow rose up. She expected him to have kept his word about helping the bastion out. The information he gave her was still fresh on her mind after all and if these “tools” he mentioned are that important then perhaps it can aid in finally putting the nail in the coffin for the Mother Cult. There are just some things that needed answer and honestly, she wished she knew them. Perhaps seeking Solomon out would be of interest, or perhaps even the Spider might know something but considering the fee it costs to meet with him, it was honestly a pick of which poison she wanted to drink.

Needless to say she simply waited for the men to answer first to decide what she’ll do afterwards.

Chakra cost:70 per use
Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.
Note: Yang Release masters are able to use on themselves.

2610 CP
60 + 150 = 210 HP

@Red-Robin @Imperfect

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Moving forward from the fight, Mirabelle while in the air started off by taking her Yang chakra and began to self-heal all the damage she sustained in the previous fight, though as her thunderbird flew over the landscape, she noticed red haired male of Emiya. She commanded the creature to descend from the skies, as its wings continued to generate electrical storm clouds above the bastion once more. Once she was low enough to jump down without issue, she landed not too far away from the pair of individuals. Once she approached them, she noticed the other person and recognized him almost immediately. “Zho…Zhongli-san?! I haven’t seen you in a long time, where the hell you been?!” she said running towards him with a rather annoyed look in her eyes. This man, he was always a wonderer of sorts, neve staying still in one place.

It was almost fate to find him here of all places, but perhaps he had gotten word that the village needed reinforcements here. The young maiden sighed for a moment, allowing Zhongli to explain himself if he intends to in which she then follows up into another question towards Emiya. “I taken you managed to get what was needed to be done here, Emiya-kun” she said as her brow rose up. She expected him to have kept his word about helping the bastion out. The information he gave her was still fresh on her mind after all and if these “tools” he mentioned are that important then perhaps it can aid in finally putting the nail in the coffin for the Mother Cult. There are just some things that needed answer and honestly, she wished she knew them. Perhaps seeking Solomon out would be of interest, or perhaps even the Spider might know something but considering the fee it costs to meet with him, it was honestly a pick of which poison she wanted to drink.

Needless to say she simply waited for the men to answer first to decide what she’ll do afterwards.

Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.

2610 CP
60 + 150 = 210 HP

@Red-Robin @Imperfect
While Zhongli conversed with Emiya, albeit through a moment of awkwardness that was almost entirely on the part of Zhongli's inexperience with the "modern greeting," he had since turned his gaze skyward. The air had grown abruptly unstill with the distant thrumming of wind cutting through the sky. It was the unmistakable cause of heavy wings batting steadily as whatever great size and weight they carried sored through the skies. In the same moment that he had focused upward, he witnessed the descent of a young woman, landing steadily upon the ground before hastily rushing the two men. A single brow lifted across Zhongli's expression as she seemed to immediately recognize not only Emiya, but Zhongli himself. Something he hadn't expected; after all, given his "traveled" lifestyle, it was often difficult for anyone to know him long enough to remember him. Yet he always seemed to have a knack for remembering others. It was an odd skill of his, something that no doubt came from his effort to collect stories, which was often associated with individuals that he encountered directly. If he could remember their story, then surely he'd remember their face.

As the woman exclaimed outward to him, Zhongli simply looked on with curiosity until she'd finally approach and stand before himself and his new acquaintance. With something of a slight tilt of his head, he gave her a short, inquisitive inspection before lifting a hand to pinch pensively at his chin, as though stirring through his thoughts to make heads or tails about the woman's outburst directly relating to him. "Mirabelle Hayabusa. It has been quite some time. I hear you've taken over as the Tsumikage. Though I am saddened to hear master Yasutora stepped down, such is the cycle all great nations must go through, if they are ever to truly stand the test of time. " He seemed initially unwilling to address her initial inquiry, particularly about his whereabouts. Truth be told, he had only just recently emerged from a "long sleep" that he had taken to several years ago, only ever occasionally emerging to stir in affairs of the modern world for a short time in between, but as it stood, that was neither particularly surprising nor worth mention to those who knew even slightly of his history. In a gradual manner, he slowly lowered his head in a steady, casual yet sharp bow toward her. "Pardon my evasiveness. It is good to see you again, young miss. I feel you've grown since we last spoke. And you seem healthy; I hope you do not take it for granted and strive to take greater care of yourself, now that you hold such a high responsibility to your kin and people. "

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Zhongli, though coy, was careful to pay his attentions to each of the newcomer's behaviorisms. He would note their response of courtesies in kind to the Priestess who had previously approached, despite assumingly never having met one another before. Though it was mildly expected of the Priestess herself; such was the image of those in such positions as her to provide courtesy to even those undeserving. Yet for others that was not the case, and while he had no obligation to so much as even acknowledge Delilah's existence in favor of pressing his own interests, he did so anyway. To Zhongli, that could mean a number of things, namely the tell of a decent man or a manipulative one. For now, it was enough to know they weren't problematic at face value.

"Is that so? I imagine it would be difficult for a .. man such as him to ever truly perish. He is both sly as a fox and wicked as a hyena. With such a combination, even Death would find it tempting to leave him to his devices, overlooked. " Zhongli's features had seemingly softened, if only for a brief moment after having heard that Merlin was still around. While he wasn't a man to temper in sentimentality, he quite literally had no one to name that he considered so much as an acquaintance that was still alive today. He found solace in his own duties and assigned responsibilities to accumulate the wealth of tales from all over this world as a means of his life's purpose, yet no one could ever truly suffer true solitary for long. Merlin was the only man whom Zhongli had ever felt even a remote familiarity to, with luck he'd have the opportunity to meet the Magus again in the near future, in hopes that he even still remembered who Zhongli was.

Zhongli had once again peered toward the crowd for a time, watching as one body at a time began to trickle off back toward the comforts of the Last Bastion, behind their recently renovated city walls. The Lanterns had long since passed the point of visibility toward the horizon, where they had been reduced back into their initial energy-based forms of golden Prana before dispersing entirely away into nothing; they had served their purpose and no longer had a need to persist. All the while, he listened attentively to the other's "rebuttal" to the previous point made in passing. Without so much as an inquiry from Zhongli, he openly and readily admitted to not only knowing of Surgebinders on a broader spectrum, but also of the Radiant order as well, and their primary capitol of Avalon, as well the commonality of Merin's relevance among all of the same things. With a steady gaze, Zhongli shifted his amber irises curiously toward the other, who had since introduced his name. While he himself had already been called by name in his presence, so assuming this Shirō Emiya was at all observant, he'd already know it. But courtesies and mutual respect demanded that when one was given, the other would do so in kind. But first..

"While the presence of such an Order might be seen as a blessing to those who know so much about them as we do, the unknown is still frightful to those who know little as they do. You may be the most benevolent individual alive; those who know tragedy and betrayal will always suspect it from those they do not understand. " Zhongli seemed to speak from a voice of experience, an air of certainty hanging off of his every word that could only be said with the confidence of one who lived the exact experience. Though he didn't seem ready to jump into such rehearsed memories, he instead opted to finalize the most recent point made: Introductions. "Emiya. I will remember it. As for me, I suppose I might go by "Zhongli, self-proclaimed Listener of Stories." I believe yours has a finer ring to it, but I was never very good with titles. " From there he glanced down to the outstretched hand of Emiya. He blinked once, then again at the gesture in a moment of confusion. Though the handshake wasn't exactly a new concept, from the age he was from, it was only ever used to cement and reaffirm business transactions and the formation of contracts between more than a single party. Now however, it seemed to hold much less weight, so far as being used for casual greetings now. He'd have to look into this later if he planned to.. remain here awhile longer, but for now he could seem so rude as to reject the kindness. With an outstretch of one of his own gloved hands, Zhongli gripped gingerly around that of Emiya's own, though he did not shake it, now simply standing and staring into Emiya's own eyes in something of an awkward exchange. "Given our previous familiarities, I suspect you are one who shares the gift of The Throne as well. I would be curious to know you better; after all, I haven't known any others myself. It would be interesting to.. what is the expression..? "Pick your brain" on your experiences? "

2610 CP
60 + 150 = 210 HP

@Red-Robin @Imperfect

"Personally I think a near-death experience might help get rid of some of his less-than-desirable tendencies.
Don't mistake that for malice though. He is a good friend in spite of my words. Saved my life once, though I'd rather not relive that moment..."

In response to his own, Zhongli offered his own opinion, and Emiya could see that he most likely spoke from personal experiences as he was speaking in absolutes, where Emiya only drew from his own ideals, and used less direct wording. While he wouldn't budge on his own beliefs, he also didn't wish to debate someone in a subject they were clearly more knowledgeable in, so he simply conceded the discussion. As Zhongli finally introduced himself with his own moniker, and reciprocated the handshake, though did not go further than merely grasping the outstretched hand, Emiya shook once, then retreated beneath the comfort of his frayed cloak. Though it was worded as a borderline malicious request, given his nickname, Emiya immediately knew Zhongli wished to hear of his tales. Listener of Stories indeed, though with the thought of battles hard-fought and won, Emiya remembered his current mission, and the scoundrels' favor he'd need to win to achieve it.

"Frankly I'm not as skilled with accessing the Throne as I'd like. And as... Interesting as it would be to swap stories, I should be going. I was getting ready to leave Bastion when I saw your service, and to be honest more importantly your Prana. It was a detour I couldn't really afford to make, but I'm glad I did, as you seem like an interesting fellow. A true Hero of Justice's work is never done however, and I've got a lot of work to do if I ever want to find... Something important."

Emiya immediately retreated behind his cloak as though it were a shell, for he'd almost divulged his current mission in public, to a complete stranger at that. While they seemed nice enough, and could easily be a fast friend given their listening nature, and the pairs shared skill with accessing the Throne, for the moment Emiya would attempt to shoulder his burden alone. He was completely convinced he would do so, until the moment Mira returned from whatever drew her attention away from Last Bastion not too long ago. As the pair seemingly knew one another, Emiya simply gave a exasperated sigh.

"Of course you two know each other. Why am I even surprised?
And yeah, I repaired the northern ramparts Mira. They were still pretty banged up. My replacements aren't the greatest, but they should hold for the moment. If you know someone who can manipulate harder materials, maybe ask them to pitch in just in case?
For the moment I need to head out back East, but if my current business is bringing me back out this way, I'll be sure and let you know Mira.
If it does, maybe I can get the drop on you for a change."

While he was not preparing to leave this very second, Emiya's intention was to leave if neither present company had any urgent objections, or burning questions that simply could not wait until their next meeting.