Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Edit: Deleted previous post. Still meant what I said then.

@Drackos @Howard

First things off, this is just a chat/ discus. Don't take it all seriously or say " step into my office" kinda thing if you see that. lol. All I want is an understanding. So making sure you understand me is going to be what am trying to accomplish here. Well, no further ado here goes...

No sir. So what is understood by most is NPC are to be controlled. I see three levels in NPC. One, the background NPC: no one controls that npc, it is publicly up for the user to use however they want. Two, a step up from that is the NPC that you meet in games to buy stuff or interact with on a restricted level (protected by the system) as they cannot attack or harm you in anyway conversely neither can you. Three, this is the NPC that is seen in the NW as boss characters etc. That type is one that requires mod interaction and strict management in acting and replying to users.

Now I am talking about stage one. The lowest type of NPC. The one what is part of the amasses, one that isn't managed but rather explicitly explained in the lore. How does such function work? Simple. World building. The world in NW never explores what the humans in that world are like, their limits, what's normal and etc. Given all shinobi are born out of humans or are very much a relation to them. To the world, the logic of a shinobi is it a rarity or a normal occurrence. Is the world simply full of shinobi? What are the chakra levels of regular NPC humans? What's the logic to sensing them, are they few in number in each landmark?

Speaking of Landmarks.

[Suggestion] I would hope you could impute a system that would prompt a serous factor in LM claiming. Such as defending these landmarks. For multiple damage done in a landmark, would further remove that LM from the village or clan that claimed if they so much couldn't defend it constantly. For example, 3 strikes in a row resulting in a removal of LM from clan or village. This is because Rogues ninjas aren't like villages and going to war...is just illogical. However by these means, it gives those members a way to either target villages or simply be hired by villages as LM guards etc.

Anyways...I think I answered that quote. Let me know if you need me to further think on and expand on what am taking about. I draw this idea from the ATLA series. The world built is self explanatory, one understands how the avatar is view and the predictive outcomes of background characters in comparison to the avatar. (I might have lost my thought train lol).

Moving on:

You actually pissed me off. Wow.

Where's the canon lore for that judgment. No being an ass, just what I was pointing at. The NPC are literally unexplained or elaborated on in that manner. We simply know they aren't like us, they cannot come together to challenge us (not saying they should lol), nor do we know how much chakra they have. Sensing with...chakra sensing sure. So my question is: Sharingan, byakugan, rinnegun, or tenseigan users in a landmark that has many people with chakra moving about, how does one scan the landmark for the amount of chakra in a single person that they determine 'they have more chakra than others' when those individuals are simply walking by normally??? Please let me know.

No, millions on millions of NPC being controlled by the mods or anyone isn't what am talking about. I am looking to understand the basic logic of NW. Nothing more than painting a vivid world of what the Ninja world is like. Like if you were an NPC how would you see it, when presented with such knowledge of things. We know shinobi move faster than bullets, we know the dead can come back. These truths all well known. I pounder on the factual point of view a landmark taken over then more others are taken over and a ''war'' occurring which simply leads to thee landmarks transferred to another without conflict of further logical negotiation or something to reaffirm control of these lands. Or when these lands get attacked and the village simply ignores it since it does nothing to remove their control of these lands.

Furthermore exploring the aspect presented by @Strix as they gave this idea of having consequence in missions. This would be a way to show a breathing world that's impacted by changes. Such as even if those landmarks aren't claimed but are devastated by the an attack by a shinobi. Local NPC should auto generate a bounty or something like a cry for help. This all a post of view of a living world. Which I know bounties are coming back, this is a good way to impact that place in a way.

Onto the next thing;

If you're trying to hide, would you opt for that? No. lol. I wouldn't go anywhere like that. Reason why I think sensing people so easily is flawed. I am not to say 'random' meet-ups shouldn't be a thing its just when hunting someone without much logical explanation by simply saying "seeing their massive chakra amount" or something like that shouldn't be a thing. It removes the struggle/ interesting strategies people can come up with to search someone out. It makes the world more alive and not a 'store' people go into.

Umm. I don't mind, if it's linear or not.
You must be registered for see images

Hire mini helpers...there was that at some point.

What do you mean by "not build it"? I don't want a village. So if you mean making a village, then there's a problem in your point of view. "Seek out someone stronger, a leader, and gravitate toward them." NO! I VIOLENTLY SAY NO. That's forcing/ pushing a view onto someone. The NW is a sandbox, no such merits should be pushed like that. If one seeks the road of individuality, then 'tip a hat' to that. We all shouldn't be structured in a view YOU believe in. "undertaking just to read through the stories you create" but ya'll do a great awesome job! If life demands much, hire mini-workers to lessen the load boss. You guys have the power to manage actual-humans too, right..>.o

It seems you're contempt with the system. Well, I guess there's no logical fallacies you see, could you show me how you do that? Maybe am just never satisfied with what's given to me. Y_Y I think NPC has been quite something I've complicated that wasn't needed further explanation on, how do you view landmarks, the world of NW. The NPC in it. Is it just me, Honestly?

To my conclusion, please help me be more clear. If you have questions about something I said, I can reiterate in another way to the best of my ability. There's probably grammar issues in there, I AM SORRY. I am trying >.< So please work with me to make sure ya understand me.

TL;DR: NPC discussed about here aren't the type of controlled NPC you're used to, rather more on the lore aspect of things. Understanding the world-building of NW NPC in a general sense, relating their connection to the landmarks and colonialism logic point of view. A bit of LM chakra sensing further discussed upon on how it functions in screening out the targets when its not the 'chakra sensing jutsu'.

I think I understand what you are saying. You are asking to give the Ninja World "life"?

Does that mean you want to expand on the Territory description?

If that is what you are aruging for, then understanding the other side aurgment is people might view Missions or interacting in the Ninja World with Random RP can accomplish what you asking without the Mods doing too much work.

Last edited:

RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
I think I understand what you are saying. You are asking to give the Ninja World "life"?

Does that mean you want to expand on the Territory description?

If that is what you are aruging for, then understanding the other side aurgment is people might view Missions or interacting in the Ninja World with Random RP can accomplish what you asking.
Territory description won't justify what I am claiming to say, am arguing for a general sense in what NPCs are. Now what land they live in, I don't care for that, what I seek is understanding the common truths in what are NPCs in the NW. What 'chakra' they have people claim they have right now? There's nothing written in stone somewhere explaining anything of that manner, in fact what animals are there? Even though I don't wanna open that 'can of worms' it just begs the question.

I DON'T CARE FOR THAT THOUGH. My point is, these so called 'NPC' that make up the world, in what actual 'real' sense do they matter. I KNOW. Yes, I know that they aren't the focus, we are. However, if that's the case, then magically say we create them lol at this rate they are simply inexistent until we say so lol.

We take over lands, then more lands but when they're under attack, nothing occurs. Its like its an empty landmark until 'MC' says otherwise. Not opting for "NPC" should enter matches -sigh- once more there's levels of 'NPC' here that am talking about. These are simply background characters. I am seeking a logical basis on them, do they mean anything in forms of trade or etc. Like if one was to enter a landmark taken over by another village, couldn't they so to say, just for sakes, "spread their religion" and influence that very taken over landmark? No. They can't why? Because. lol. So I am not saying "Missions or interacting in the Ninja World with Random RP can't accomplish what you asking." I am saying add a weight to what these 'background' NPC can contribute to the table.

I guess these are my main points: 1) Repercussions for taking over lands. Once you take a landmark your responsible, meaning damage done to it, can ultimately result in loss of it. 2) How does one hide among the amasses, if they don't know the chakra levels that are common? Or (shouldn't be allowed) can they drain chakra out of NPC?? 3) Bounties via Missions finished (great idea from Strix) since it shows impact of actions on the world, in a way exhibiting a 'living' world. 4) Economy? (Just a thought) it just happened to come to mind. I think it's not possible because of how taxing it would be lol even with 'helpers' hired.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm gonna be straight up honest. I think it's insane that the people suggesting bounties from doing missions are usually the ones who are averse to fighting/get upset when people hunt them down. It makes zero sense and it is just going to make people upset.

I'm too tired to read the rest. I have so many missions to grade, rules to write, and other shit to do to worry about NPCs that honestly are just there for people to use when they want.

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hire mini helpers...there was that at some point.

What do you mean by "not build it"? I don't want a village. So if you mean making a village, then there's a problem in your point of view. "Seek out someone stronger, a leader, and gravitate toward them." NO! I VIOLENTLY SAY NO. That's forcing/ pushing a view onto someone. The NW is a sandbox, no such merits should be pushed like that. If one seeks the road of individuality, then 'tip a hat' to that. We all shouldn't be structured in a view YOU believe in. "undertaking just to read through the stories you create" but ya'll do a great awesome job! If life demands much, hire mini-workers to lessen the load boss. You guys have the power to manage actual-humans too, right..>.o

It seems you're contempt with the system. Well, I guess there's no logical fallacies you see, could you show me how you do that? Maybe am just never satisfied with what's given to me. Y_Y I think NPC has been quite something I've complicated that wasn't needed further explanation on, how do you view landmarks, the world of NW. The NPC in it. Is it just me, Honestly?

To my conclusion, please help me be more clear. If you have questions about something I said, I can reiterate in another way to the best of my ability. There's probably grammar issues in there, I AM SORRY. I am trying >.< So please work with me to make sure ya understand me.

TL;DR: NPC discussed about here aren't the type of controlled NPC you're used to, rather more on the lore aspect of things. Understanding the world-building of NW NPC in a general sense, relating their connection to the landmarks and colonialism logic point of view. A bit of LM chakra sensing further discussed upon on how it functions in screening out the targets when its not the 'chakra sensing jutsu'.
"Hire mini helpers" = "Put more effort into your volunteer work and put a band-aid on it."

I mean, not put in the effort. Just as it sounded. You are an example, of the "I want to have something but not build it." mentality I pointed out. You've hopped, from one clan to another, to another, to another, to a village to another, to another. From the Reapers ( your clan with @Pyro NB ) to the Outcasts ( your solo clan that lasted a month or two ) to Tsumigakure ( NW Draft ) to Hellsing ( @Skorm's clan after you defected ) to Tsumigakure ( Again! Keep in mind you could have left to do your own thing instantly, I straight up told you and Skorm I only wanted the new members so they could get stronger ) to the Soundless Temple ( another clan this time on Scaze's account ) to now and the rogue criminal group you're working on and scream that you've always wanted. You don't stick to it, you don't build anything to completion. You stop. You pause, you go inactive, you change, you give up. Build something, all the way through. Stop asking for a cookie-cutter plan to be given to you and make your own thing.

I'm going to say it one final time, because several people have told you this over and over, and you willfully ignore them. You can already do the things you are asking for. Full stop. You want a mini-Akatsuki then straight up go for it, build it, but if you jump from that to being in Tsumigakure back to a clan, to another clan, to three more clans, you're never going to get the thing you say you want. You have total freedom, to choose whatever you want to do, a path you build, in whatever way you want to do it from start to finish. You are the one asking for more structure when you have total freedom. I'm not telling you to be more structured or give into the structure I'm setting out I'm telling you to build what you want, and stop asking someone else to build it for you.

For example, instead of making your own rogue crime group, you whined and complained and bitched to Drackos to make a system for you so that you didn't have to do it. Several people had to define it, and show you how you could do it with the current systems. You wanted, without needing to build another instance of you thinking you want something given when instead you should take the initiative and build what you want because the tools are there to. If it's a village go for it, if it's an Akatsuki-lite, go for it, if it's a different organization do that then, if you want to be a one-man-army, renegade for life do it. But stop losing your motivation, and jumping to another project otherwise you'll never finish the one you say you want.

Again, I know what kind of NPC you're asking for, ones controlled by mods. No. Do your own. We cannot control multiple NPCs on a daily basis. Drackos and LoK are also already doing exactly that right now and it's all about to ramp up, and you're still not satisfied. When will you be satisfied? When will you be active, for the sake of being active? When will "not being bored" be enough of a reward to play the game? You cannot, and should not always expect to be paid to play. What kind of reverse model is that? lol.
I'm too tired to read the rest. I have so many missions to grade, rules to write, and other shit to do to worry about NPCs that honestly are just there for people to use when they want.
When are you going to stop and actually listen to what the people doing the work are telling you? @Rucken

I told you and @Strix "I feel burnt out," you both told me "Just keep plugging along."

Drackos is telling you all the things he has on his plate, and you say:

"It's not enough, add more because this is the one thing I really want. All those other systems I hardly interact with, but this new one is going to totally change everything. I'm going to be so active, going to do so many things, going to have so much fun it's just this one thing that will fix everything?"

If you always need just "one more thing to fix the broken system" don't you think, maybe the way you look at it is broken?

Last edited:

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Soooooo, lets say, HYPOTHETICALLY, if I wanted to (AND IM NOT SAYING I WANT TO) start my journey in the new NW, where would I start? What would I need to do? Where would I post first? etc etc. HYPOTHETICALLY. Because I've been trying to figure it out but I'm too dense and I'm not getting anywhere.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Soooooo, lets say, HYPOTHETICALLY, if I wanted to (AND IM NOT SAYING I WANT TO) start my journey in the new NW, where would I start? What would I need to do? Where would I post first? etc etc. HYPOTHETICALLY. Because I've been trying to figure it out but I'm too dense and I'm not getting anywhere.
Here Scorps.
► Entering the World:

Once your Warring States Era designated biography has been approved, you will be able to enter the Ninja World! The Ninja World is divided into over 200 landmarks, giving players ample room to control their adventures. When entering the world with a new WSE biography means you can only spawn in unclaimed landmarks. The world maps and navigation guide can be found in their corresponding threads. Once you've decided on a landmark, you can join the world and post in it!
To see what landmarks are claimed, use this map:

You must be registered for see medias

I do have to say that the two most useful links to start out in the NW are these two:

Reactions: Howard

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
If you TL DR the post above, you can spawn in any unclaimed landmark from the map above. As long its not a clan landmark feel free to spawn.

Travel is 45mins between posts, unless you use 'automation' saying you go from X landmark to Z landmark via Y, which then means you dont have to post in each landmark along the way. That then takes 1 hr to travel but you dont have to post in each one.
Otherwise pretty much standard kind of ninja world rules.

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I contempt because I'm grateful for the effort that is currently put into the ninja world where I can tell my characters tale.

The ninja world has a base story going back 800 years as a base, to when we all got chakra. From here now the story evolves and we get the story of Tiamat and origins. The world story is growing in the form of arcs. We have to power to give our own twist to the tale in how we deal with that growing story. This level of freedom is amazing.

You have a template of what is going on and can fill the gaps any way you want. You get to tell your tale and build your mini world in the over all world.

I don't mean this to be offensive, but I think you're missing one major thing in the RP, and that's interacting with others. Like have their bios build with yours or have them act as NPC's for you if you don't want to make up your own. The options are there for all RPers to do their parts and build their stories with each other.

The mods created the world, the mods help it keep flowing, checking missions, fixing rules, enforcing them and creating the over all arcs and events. They are doing what they should and you need to make the effort with others to do what you're asking for.

You are out of line by the way, you're trying to tell the staff to get more staff to suit what you want when it's possible already. You're telling volunteers who work damn hard that it ain't enough and get more people to do more. It's not a system that can work like that. I'm not having a go at you, I'm asking you to look at the bigger picture.

Reactions: Howard

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hypothetically go to the retirement home and drop these thoughts U_U

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah. Just be creative. I’ve done S-ranks that weren’t death demanding but quite simply complex for my character to succeed.
I guess i just like to torture my character z.z'
✧S-Rank: This is the highest tier of mission and represent, typically, life-threatening and dangerous objectives that are supposed to be extremely rare and difficult events. For example, win a fight without your ninjutsu or save a large community from danger show this mentality. Not only do you need to focus heavily on your objectives, but you also need to make sure your biography is placed in some form of conflict where the odds are quite obviously stacked against you. In the case of winning a fight without the use of ninjutsu; this mission element represents a significant difficulty for many as we are in a roleplay where nearly every fight is described using ninjutsu. In this case, descriptive details of nearly an entire fight must be dedicated to that fight and how your biography wins it without using a single ninjutsu. In the case of saving a large community from danger; this mission element represents a large community that is placed in mortal danger and that you must save them. An impending army collapsing on a village could suit this mission element, for example. In this case hundreds of ninja would outnumber your biography and you would need to struggle to cut through them to protect the village. It is very easy to fail an S-Rank mission; typically failures stem from lack of effort in the struggle itself, or that no threat was faced by your biography. For example, if you face this army in the earlier example and easily cut through them with a series of techniques then that would be more akin to a B or maybe A-Rank mission. But in the case of an S-Rank mission, your character(s) should struggle against the onslaught of your enemies.
It just has to be of paramount difficulty, a conflict where things feel impossible or challenging to the utmost degree. This is why people can pass missions that don't directly put their biography on death's door for example "Win a fight without using any ninjutsu" it's difficult and nearly impossible for a shinobi to do. Keep in mind this is meant as "you don't have ninjutsu but your opponent does" that's why one where you and your opponent both use taijutsu will probably fail. You are expected to be dealing with an arduous task, not a training mission.
I suggest you do lower ranked missions as a start anyway. S-ranked are tough and require a long as mission where your bio almost dies.
This is also a great suggestion, doing the low rank missions shows you what's expected and you build upon that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squidy and RuckenTM