Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
I always saw it as the Landmarks were like small areas with only one city in them where everyonr gathers so it makes sense that when you enter a landmark there is only one place where everyone gathers/is.

Outside of that, theyre NPCs, theyre not meant to be anything important, outside of uses for a narrative.
Things can be different with Bosses or major character NPCs but that would mean Drackos and Howard managing them and controlling them. Given that Drackos is already doing a majority of that with the story so far, it would be hard to expect him to add more NPCs or characters to his workload without removing the time for him to actually rp on his character as well.

I understand what Rucken is saying im a sense that right now Story seems to be what ever you want to make up, instead of being a linear my character has these quests.

Id like to make a suggestion of introducing quest chains. The idea being that you follow a specific set of story board elements that are tied to a particular npc/faction, which are set by the NPC. I know we have the specific Story arc elements, but even just doing them on your own doesnt feel any different to regular elements outside of an extra reward. Because you could write about those elements at anytime even without the current arc. Say you set a quest chain of 10 quests, that start at D rank and end up at S rank. To give incentive to do these, you can add an extra reward, whether its extra kumi (only something reasonable like an extra 10-15% or perhaps an artifact once theyre updated). Not for every mission but you could add the rewards at the end of the quest chain or even half way through so you do 2 D ranks then 2 C ranks then 2 Branks and the 2nd B rank gives 150 extra kumi. Then you do 2 A ranks and 2 S ranks, and the last mission gives 2k kumi or maybe 1500 and an A or S rank artifact.

I think this would help drive a narrative or story a bit better for players rather than "here are a bunch of story elements you can write about" making it feel a bit overwhelming or underwhelming depending on your perspective. On top of this, these Quest chains can also help feel like youre involved in the world a bit more as well. Again while I sympathize and understand taking the role of NW mod it lots of tough work, especially if you added in more NPCs to use, I think adding in a few more other than the bad guys could be beneficial.

Edit: I will say with the lriginal draft of the NW i loved the idea of having the independant Factions, the 3 that were originally going to be in.
You can already do this, I've done my own quest chains. Other than more kumi there's not really anything you can't do that's why his initial suggestion is so odd to me. You can make npc you can make your own story you can literally do what you want in the nw already.

Asking for more systems, more mod work, more kumi, I'm not sure that's the way to go, not when you can take initiative and do this yourself.

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's too much work for the NW mods to handle as an individual.

You can already do "quest chains" in the form of Village Missions, or by finding someone else to just give you tasks.

Or just by following the same storyline to completion, following up each mission with something from the last.

Seek out someone stronger, a leader, and gravitate toward them. This mentality of "I want to have something but not build it."

Needs to stop, you have to take the initiative to do what you want. Drackos, nor myself can babysit you.

It's already a massive undertaking just to read through the stories you create, imagine needing to build them for you too.

I have so much trouble keeping my village active and building a story for them. You couldn't even do it with your village @Zatanna

How can you expect two people to be able to do that, keep on top of the NW and do everything else? There needs to be an expectation that you tell your own story, there's way too much for us to organize it like an MMORPG because we have to check your stuff. You can find a village or a clan and work together to build your narrative. Your narrative can be the quest chain you want.

That's not even taking into consideration the story stuff LoK and Drackos have been doing. Which is difficult in its own way.

Last edited:

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Factions aren't necessarily gone. I used one at the start and then basically killed it off because Howard's clan (before they became a village) was pretty relentless in harassing them. There will be more in the future when the story permits it. I don't want to just shove them in and never use them properly.

The only 'quest chain' I've ever done was the weapon core chain. Which is still ongoing. These exist, but will be rare and with their own unique rewards. Don't expect them to just get handed out. Another example could be sage missions. That said, you can make your own with missions and follow it as you please.

And yeah, basically what Howard said.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who ever knew, creating your own story, the way you want and still being able to get rewards for it.... ain't good enough?

A quest chain would just be your own long term story telling.

NPC's are what you make them, something not forced on you.

You have almost unlimited freedom only governed by your own imagination and some basic rules to follow (follow naruto logic etc).... what more could you want?

Reactions: RuckenTM and Urda

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Factions aren't necessarily gone. I used one at the start and then basically killed it off because Howard's clan (before they became a village) was pretty relentless in harassing them. There will be more in the future when the story permits it. I don't want to just shove them in and never use them properly.

The only 'quest chain' I've ever done was the weapon core chain. Which is still ongoing. These exist, but will be rare and with their own unique rewards. Don't expect them to just get handed out. Another example could be sage missions. That said, you can make your own with missions and follow it as you please.

And yeah, basically what Howard said.
D: They started it, made us a target and paid people to mess with us. My clan and I were trying to interact with them because no one else was at the time and it wouldn't have made sense to side with them after they made us their enemy lo.

Reactions: Drackos

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I understand everything that everyone has said here, and I respectfully understand that the mods have a lot of work.

However, as an example, I see that LoK has his unique special RP going on with the NPC. I appreciate that it is setting up story, and probably can be hard to juggle multiple characters for people.
The idea was simply to have a few key factuonal NPCs that arent enemies/bosses to interact with.
Even removing the idea of a quest chain, habing key figures on the world to talk to and get information from or simply just to interact with would be fun.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
D: They started it. I was trying to interact with them because no one else was at the time and it wouldn't have made sense to side with them after they made us their enemy lol.
Yeah, they weren't exactly the nicest people. Hangurians tend to be pretty arrogant. It's like the Romans after their empire dissolved. Still clinging to that legacy lol.

I understand everything that everyone has said here, and I respectfully understand that the mods have a lot of work.

However, as an example, I see that LoK has his unique special RP going on with the NPC. I appreciate that it is setting up story, and probably can be hard to juggle multiple characters for people.
The idea was simply to have a few key factuonal NPCs that arent enemies/bosses to interact with.
Even removing the idea of a quest chain, habing key figures on the world to talk to and get information from or simply just to interact with would be fun.
Like I said, factions are still a thing. Just because one isn't in the ninja world at this point in time doesn't mean they won't be seen ever again.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

How? Without needing the mods to directly control entire factions? Which is something Drackos says he'll do in the future.

It's like putting more work on a full plate. Especially when he needs to figure out when and how to apply it.

You guys already have those as well, they're other people. You can play with other people. lol.

You can gather information by talking to others, by allying with others and by working together.

It's how my faction/clan started out. We were fractured, Golden Sabbath, the White Lotus, the Reapers.

All separate but working together, interacting, roleplaying together. It's what you can do.

@Ignia and @Serpent are kind of doing it right now with their clans.

Again though that means you guys have to take the initiative to roleplay together. If you want to roleplay alone, roleplay alone, but you can't expect the mods to roleplay with you as "random NPCs." You should prioritize roleplaying with other people to build the world you want and make it into a cohesive entity and not expect us to fill it with meaningless characters. You guys are the protagonists of your own story, but so is everyone else. So build your stories.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Every rper out there is a chance for a story. There are so many who want it. Work with them, or make your own.

You choose your bio, you choose your build, choose your story too and what you want to do...

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Im hoping that we will see some key characters again, ones that arent just enemies. Maybe a resistance leader or faction leader.
I know everyone wants to be the hero of their own story, but to try and give an example of how it feels right now is this.

Its like having a huge sheet of blank paper and everyone is drawing on it. Some people draw their own things and some people draw things together. But it would be nice to have something already on the paper to add to, to colour in or to use, without having to intrude or join what other people are drawing.
I get most people are nice enough to let you join in on their drawings, but sometimes people dont want to draw their own thing or prefer to build on something else.

And in a reply to Howard, but lets say I want to spend time gsthering information on the Red Fever and how it started and if there has been any other outbreaks or if anything is sinilar to it or research tiamat, or basically engage with the histroy or actions of the ninja world. If i write a mission saying "oh there was a red fever outbreak years ago but it wasnt called red fever there are some paralells that we can learn from"
Its potentially gonna be declined or be non canon or ignored because its not a mod that wrote it right?
I want to discover more of the history of the ninja world or discover more information, but I cant ask your character because your the tsumikage. If i go and ask the voice ill probably be attacked or die. So outside of teying to get more information, there isnt any feasble way.

Thats what im trying to get across and trying to improve. Ways to find more of the ninja history.
Its not about making my own story, I want to discover more of the actual NW story, but I cant.

Maybe its just me, I just want to try and egage woth the actual NW story more than just writing my own stuff

Reactions: RuckenTM

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Im hoping that we will see some key characters again, ones that arent just enemies. Maybe a resistance leader or faction leader.
I know everyone wants to be the hero of their own story, but to try and give an example of how it feels right now is this.

Its like having a huge sheet of blank paper and everyone is drawing on it. Some people draw their own things and some people draw things together. But it would be nice to have something already on the paper to add to, to colour in or to use, without having to intrude or join what other people are drawing.
I get most people are nice enough to let you join in on their drawings, but sometimes people dont want to draw their own thing or prefer to build on something else.

And in a reply to Howard, but lets say I want to spend time gsthering information on the Red Fever and how it started and if there has been any other outbreaks or if anything is sinilar to it or research tiamat, or basically engage with the histroy or actions of the ninja world. If i write a mission saying "oh there was a red fever outbreak years ago but it wasnt called red fever there are some paralells that we can learn from"
Its potentially gonna be declined or be non canon or ignored because its not a mod that wrote it right?
I want to discover more of the history of the ninja world or discover more information, but I cant ask your character because your the tsumikage. If i go and ask the voice ill probably be attacked or die. So outside of teying to get more information, there isnt any feasble way.

Thats what im trying to get across and trying to improve. Ways to find more of the ninja history.
Its not about making my own story, I want to discover more of the actual NW story, but I cant.

Maybe its just me, I just want to try and egage woth the actual NW story more than just writing my own stuff
You can totally come up and ask my biography questions, you already did lol. Drackos is roleplaying with him right now.

He might not have the information you're looking for but I'm down to roleplay with people as long as they're not hostile.

Also, there is a lot of lore and history you could seek out and find with your character Lore & Arcs.

Whatever else you want to create you basically can. I get what you're asking for you're not getting that I'm saying it's not possible.

You want it to be like WoW where you can quest for a faction and follow a predetermined story. Meet NPCs and engage.

However, for that a mod would need to;

1. Write the story
2. Play the NPCs for multiple people
3. Keep the story consistent
4. Keep worldbuilding new events and characters
5. Make sure the information is correct, and that people understand and are following along

Where does that leave time for them to play the game themselves? Or do something else?

I'm feeling burnt out just from checking everyone's stuff and not being able to play, now you also want us to make sure you can play in whatever way you want when you already can. It's a lot. Like a lot, a lot. You don't see it as a lot because you're used to MMORPGs and video games where numerous DEVs have built something you can interact with. Do you realize how difficult it would be for two people to do that, primarily one for the most part because usually Drackos would work on the narrative-driven stuff? He'd have to build that on the fly like a DM for DnD constantly. You can build any story you want, and instead, you're saying "Build it for me and check it for me too." Which they're kind of already doing with the Rise of the Ronin and the Voice/Tiamat stuff they've both been working on.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
You can totally come up and ask my biography questions, you already did lol. Drackos is roleplaying with him right now.

He might not have the information you're looking for but I'm down to roleplay with people as long as they're not hostile.

Also, there is a lot of lore and history you could seek out and find with your character Lore & Arcs.

Whatever else you want to create you basically can. I get what you're asking for you're not getting that I'm saying it's not possible.

You want it to be like WoW where you can quest for a faction and follow a predetermined story. Meet NPCs and engage.

1. Write the story
5. Make sure the information is correct, and that people understand are following along

Where does that leave time for them to play the game themselves? Or do something else?

I'm feeling burnout just from checking everyone's stuff and not being able to play, now you also want me to make sure you can play in whatever way you want when you already can. It's a lot. Like a lot, a lot. You don't see it as a lot because you're used to MMORPGs and video games where numerous DEVs have built something you can interact with. Do you realize how difficult it would be for two people to do that, primarily one for the most part because usually Drackos would work on the narrative-driven stuff? You can build any story you want, and instead, you're saying "Build it for me and check it for me."

1. Write the story
5. Make sure the information is correct, and that people understand are following along

To break down your reply, your points 1, 3, 4, 5, isnt that what Drackos and you are doing right now? Arent you writing a story or narrative, trying to keep it consistent and keep it in check?
Im not saying all these character have to habe detailed tragic backgrounds, that are 10 pages long.
The idea I would suggest, if its not being done already is to keep a document or log of the characters, and every time new informamtion is written just add it to the characters sheet/biography.

But thats what Im discussing, what if my character wants to find the answers or information? where cam she get it?

Im not trying to say build this for me and check it for me, and this is all only for me. As I said I understand its a lot of work you guys do, and you have your own lives and you want to RP too. I was simply making a suggestion for the NW rp, to try and help engage with the NW more.
Additionally, Im not trying to build this like wow, Im trying to help improve this like every other RPG that lets you talk to NPCs and learn more about the world.

If we examine the Lore and Arcs thread, how much of the timeline is involved with the story? The only story I can ser thats been involved is Cassander. Theres no mentions of Tiamat or Ashikaga or the red fever in the timeline at all. While I understand that Ashikaga was recently so wouldnt be in the timeline, Cassander was a halloween event.

The current arcs and story has no relevance or impact or anything to do with the actual lore that is the Ninja world. Its all story thats being created now. The events of the past (in the timeline or what has been written) has made an impact on the current story. So for my character to find out information on whats currently happening now, is impossible.

Edit: Fundamentally, if any idea (not using this one as an example) was good for the RP/NW and would make it better but mean it would require more work, would you rather take on the extra work yourself or hire/get someone else to help you do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: RuckenTM

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

1. Write the story

To break down your reply, your points 1, 3, 4, 5, isnt that what Drackos and you are doing right now? Arent you writing a story or narrative, trying to keep it consistent and keep it in check?
Im not saying all these character have to habe detailed tragic backgrounds, that are 10 pages long.
The idea I would suggest, if its not being done already is to keep a document or log of the characters, and every time new informamtion is written just add it to the characters sheet/biography.

But thats what Im discussing, what if my character wants to find the answers or information? where cam she get it?

Im not trying to say build this for me and check it for me, and this is all only for me. As I said I understand its a lot of work you guys do, and you have your own lives and you want to RP too. I was simply making a suggestion for the NW rp, to try and help engage with the NW more.
Additionally, Im not trying to build this like wow, Im trying to help improve this like every other RPG that lets you talk to NPCs and learn more about the world.

If we examine the Lore and Arcs thread, how much of the timeline is involved with the story? The only story I can ser thats been involved is Cassander. Theres no mentions of Tiamat or Ashikaga or the red fever in the timeline at all. While I understand that Ashikaga was recently so wouldnt be in the timeline, Cassander was a halloween event.

"I want you to do this, and you can totally do it. You said you're feeling bunt out? So what do it anyway."

Man if you don't get the f out my face with this logical fallacy.

I am directly telling you in the plainest way possible: That is too much work for one person. <- That's a period.

"Every other RPG" YES, every other video game RPG where it's not another person directly behind the character roleplaying with you.

How does 1 person, roleplay with 10+ people? At the same time? Let's say we make the world a narrative NPC.

We'll name him Greg. Greg has information about the Red Fever.

Greg has to tell every individual person that comes up to him about the Red Fever.

You come to him and have your character ask at 10:29 PM

Drackos has him reply to you at 11:45 PM and explains a part of what he knows you don't reply

Someone else comes at 1:45 AM and you're still there AFK'ing next to Greg.

He starts explaining to them what he knows at 2:00 AM

You reply at 4:50 AM, now that mod behind Greg has to reply to both of you at the same time.

He has to keep up with both. Now imagine doing that with a whole set of NPCs from a faction.

Imagine Drackos running 4 NPCs, and roleplaying with 10 people.

How is it fair to him, to expect him to do that?

You do one fraction of what is expected of him to play the game, and you're not even really thanking him for it.

You're telling him you want more from him. That scenario is easy to do for an MMORPG where those characters have scripts.

When it's not a physical person needing to roleplay with you every single time in every interaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Never