Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If we examine the Lore and Arcs thread, how much of the timeline is involved with the story? The only story I can ser thats been involved is Cassander. Theres no mentions of Tiamat or Ashikaga or the red fever in the timeline at all. While I understand that Ashikaga was recently so wouldnt be in the timeline, Cassander was a halloween event.
Also I missed this, sorry got distracted trying to explain why it wouldn't work.

The Time of Troubles
The Time of Troubles was precipitated by three unrelated, but devastating events that together created a snowball effect, one that rocked the Freehold’s foundation and marked the beginning of its slow, but steady decline towards total collapse. The first was the succession crisis caused by the untimely death of Naomitsu Fujiwara, 34th Daijō-daijin of Hanguri, whose passing gridlocked the legislature in a year-long stalemate that led to the formation of a powerful executive to supersede the office of Daijō-daijin, hailed as the Second Junta. The second was an invasion of Kaguya Clan raiders, one that ravaged the countryside and cities of the Tea Peninsula and humiliated the Freehold internationally. The third was an influenza pandemic, known as the Red Fever, which was first detected in Keishi, but quickly spread to the surrounding countryside, including the many army units camped in fortifications along the Freehold’s northern border. The disease killed nearly half of Keishi’s urban population and decimated the Hanguri army; nearly a third of its enlisted men expired from the disease during its 18-month rampage.
Individually the events were devastating and all had far-reaching consequences for the Freehold, but in conjunction they permanently scarred the country’s citizens, administration and armed forces. Though the Hanguri army eventually drove the Kaguya from the peninsula in a series of decisive skirmishes, and replenished their numbers during the following years, the succession crisis politicised the army in a way that left it susceptible to internal division and strife during the Freehold’s twilight years. The weakened external security left the borderland exposed to hostile incursions and raids, and the perceived vulnerability of Hanguri as a whole was a major blow to the extent of its sphere of influence. Finally, the gridlocked legislature forced the division of the country’s territory into three administrative regions, in addition to a capital district, that could bypass the legislative branch and manage the essential functions of the state in national emergencies such as the Time of Troubles. These would later become the foundation of the three major rump states that surfaced asserted themselves in the aftermath of the Freehold’s collapse.
That's a lot of lore on the Red Fever.

Here's some more
Year 660 – The influenza pandemic, colloquially known as Red Fever, runs its course in just 18 months, but leaves countless dead in its wake, among them many from the Hanguri army.
More
Season of the Rose
Seventh Story Arc - Year 812
February 10th - April 10th

The Season of the Rose - a time of celebration that honors the horrific Red Fever that plagued the world in the year 660. The disease devastated the mainland and left countless dead in its wake; and so, to honor the dead and appreciate loved ones, the Mainland celebrates the Season of the Rose - a time when couples and partners come together to overcome their trails and tests in life. To honor this tradition, the Witchwood Company hosts its Season of the Rose event at the Arena where teams of two, or doubles, can fight against other teams to compete for prizes! Meanwhile, the cloaked man continues to push forward with his plans as the Ten Champions of the Sunlit Forge continue their quest to uncover the true meaning of the Weapon Core they received not so long ago.
"Give me more lore, so I can not read that either!"

Reactions: Vayne and Drackos

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

"I want you to do this, and you can totally do it. You said you're feeling bunt out? So what do it anyway."

Man if you don't get the f out my face with this logical fallacy.

I'm am directly telling you in the plainest way possible: That is too much work for one person. <- That's a period.

"Every other RPG" YES, every other video game RPG where it's not another person directly behind the character roleplaying.

How does 1 person, roleplay with 10+ people? At the same time? Lets say we make you an NPC

We'll name him Greg. Greg has information about the Red Fever.

Greg has to tell every individual person that comes up to him about the Red Fever.

You come to him at 10:29 PM

He replies to you at 11:45 PM and explains a part of what he knows you don't reply.

Someone else comes at 1:45 AM

He starts explaing to them what he knows.

You reply at 2:00 AM, now that mod behind Greg has to reply to both of you at the same time.

He has to keep up with both. Now imagine doing that with a whole set of NPCs.

Imagine Drackos running 4 NPCs, and roleplaying with 10 people.

How is it fair to him, to expect him to do that?

You do one fraction of what is expected of him to play the game, and you're not even really thanking him for it.

You're telling him you want more from him.
Youre basically describing a text based RP here, as if thats exactly what its meant to do.
Now as my question stands from previous post. If something were to make the NRP/NW better and improve it but would require more work, would you rather take on the extra work or take on someone else to help you with it?

Imagine someone who is in charge of a role, doing what theyre meant to be doing. Im not expecting him to do anythinh, its all volunteer based work. And thats the key word here "VOLUNTEER"
And this is something you always stress howard.
But the whole weird issue people seem to have is that if they want to volunteer their time to help out, they cant. Because it would mean theyre a mod and mods have power. You said before in a couple posts didnt you, that you dont see yourself as anymore special than any other RPer.
But as I said, the mods here volunteer their time to run the RP. Lets say someone else wants to volunteer their time for the RP. But they get denied. Why? Theyre only volunteering, its not like theyre getting paid or take a share of the premium.
If adding more people whole want to volunteer their time to make something better or help, why not accept them? Because the idea that making them a mod gives them power.
Hell, there was the sub mod thing ahes ago that helped out the NW, but then that got scrapped.

All in all, I understand you guys have a lot of work, lots and lots of work to get through. But when the logical thing would be "hey why dont we get more people to help" it gets shut down. People want to help out, they want to volunteer their time but theyre not allowed to.

Edit: Also thank you for pointing out the red fever that does help a lot. The follow up question Id have is, could any of the tineline information be found in any history books in the NW? Like was it a secret at all or would it be just geberal knowledge of every NW person?
Again, i will STRESS this was only a suggestion/request for the nw. If it doesnt happen its fine no big deal. Just having a doscussion on it there is no ill will.
I hope we can have discussions on these things without anyone coming off as feeling attacked or getting defensive though I understand its hard sometimes to convey emotion or tone through text.

Reactions: RuckenTM

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Youre basically describing a text based RP here, as if thats exactly what its meant to do.
Now as my question stands from previous post. If something were to make the NRP/NW better and improve it but would require more work, would you rather take on the extra work or take on someone else to help you with it?

Imagine someone who is in charge of a role, doing what theyre meant to be doing. Im not expecting him to do anythinh, its all volunteer based work. And thats the key word here "VOLUNTEER"
And this is something you always stress howard.
But the whole weird issue people seem to have is that if they want to volunteer their time to help out, they cant. Because it would mean theyre a mod and mods have power. You said before in a couple posts didnt you, that you dont see yourself as anymore special than any other RPer.
But as I said, the mods here volunteer their time to run the RP. Lets say someone else wants to volunteer their time for the RP. But they get denied. Why? Theyre only volunteering, its not like theyre getting paid or take a share of the premium.
If adding more people whole want to volunteer their time to make something better or help, why not accept them? Because the idea that making them a mod gives them power.
Hell, there was the sub mod thing ahes ago that helped out the NW, but then that got scrapped.

All in all, I understand you guys have a lot of work, lots and lots of work to get through. But when the logical thing would be "hey why dont we get more people to help" it gets shut down. People want to help out, they want to volunteer their time but theyre not allowed to.
I stress it here because you're abusing it. Would you walk up to a Soup Kitchen worker and say "This soup isn't enough, I want lobster!"

Then spill it on them? Because that's what you're doing right now.

You're yelling at volunteers that they need to do more work.

When they literally tell you "I can't, I am at my limit." You say "I'm just making a suggestion."

You expect the mods to do too much, imo. Drackos is one person running an interactive DnD campaign for 25-50 people.

DMs have trouble worldbuilding and creating a game for 4-6 people. You're telling him to do better than Matthew Mercer.

• Sad

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Edit: Also thank you for pointing out the red fever that does help a lot. The follow up question Id have is, could any of the tineline information be found in any history books in the NW? Like was it a secret at all or would it be just geberal knowledge of every NW person?
The timeline is generally free information for you to use. Noticeboard is also generally public information unless it gets marked otherwise.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I stress it here because you're abusing it. Would you walk up to a Soup Kitchen worker and say "This soup isn't enough, I want lobster!"

Then spill it on them? Because that's what you're doing right now.

You're yelling at volunteers that they need to do more work.

When they literally tell you "I can't, I am at my limit." You say "I'm just making a suggestion."
I apologize, Im not meant to be coming off sounding entitled or needy or abusive. Im really sorry. That wasnt meant to be like that at all. Ill just drop it

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A lot of what you guys want is already available and in the world. And I hate to just repeat what Howard is saying, because it largely doesn't add to the discussion, but it just takes initiative.

And yeah, I understand you want someone in the main story to interact with. Just at the moment, there isn't a person like that that would fit the story. That isn't to say it won't be happening in the future, or even near future for that matter, but right now it wouldn't make sense. Remember - Tiamat's avatar was only defeated a little less than a year ago. Since then the Cult that brought her back has gone into hiding. There really hasn't been a lot of action from them on that front yet.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
And just to add, if one follows the story and what's been going on things are happening. Right now the one called Imeroth is speaking to LoK's Madara. My Solomon bio is meeting Howard to give him a warning about what is to come. And this mysterious Red Fever, which seems to have spread directly from the people that had fought Tiamat in the first place, is weakening the world. To invoke an image for what I'm saying, storm clouds are basically gathering on the horizon.

Reactions: Howard

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
A lot of what you guys want is already available and in the world. And I hate to just repeat what Howard is saying, because it largely doesn't add to the discussion, but it just takes initiative.

And yeah, I understand you want someone in the main story to interact with. Just at the moment, there isn't a person like that that would fit the story. That isn't to say it won't be happening in the future, or even near future for that matter, but right now it wouldn't make sense. Remember - Tiamat's avatar was only defeated a little less than a year ago. Since then the Cult that brought her back has gone into hiding. There really hasn't been a lot of action from them on that front yet.
I do want to say I do appreciate all the work you and Howard do, its not that I was trying to make more work for you.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I do want to say I do appreciate all the work you and Howard do, its not that I was trying to make more work for you.
It's fine. I'm not upset or anything. Howard busts his balls on the work that already exists, so people should try to be cognizant of that. I think what always confuses me the most though is when people ask for things to fill the world when those things already basically exist.

For instance, Rucken's plea for a 'custom' Akatsuki. There are a lot of reasons why I won't just hand something like that out. The first is that it's already possible. Wouldn't it be more rewarding to make a criminal organization yourself with a small handful of RPers? Rather than just be given something? And if I did make it and it doesn't get used, then what the hell do I do now? Part of why Factions a hard to implement is that people won't engage with something that isn't necessarily antagonistic to their goals without a heavy incentive behind it. I don't want to make a Faction just to give out Kumi, rare Artifacts, and more power. That's boring and I can already do that through NW events, people can get them through missions, and other shit.

So how do I get people to engage with a Faction that isn't antagonistic to them (see: Takauji's faction when it first became a thing in 2018)? I'm not sure yet and I have to figure it out before I just shove a Faction into the story for it to sit there and never get used.

That's just to specifically address the one thing you wanted. Like it's fine to want that, and to ask for it. And in this specific instance, it isn't necessarily NOT going to happen. Just the time needs to be right. And it needs to be done properly.

Excision

Elite
Kin
714💸
Kumi
6,473💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We can hook up in the NW if you want? I'm in the land of fire.
I'm in the lands in the east... Tobu.... I may or may not have replace an abandoned mother cult tower with a volcano... but that's neither here nor there....

But sure, come on over.... I prefer these unique lands... the 4 tails keeps me company

RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
Edit: Deleted previous post. Still meant what I said then.

@Drackos @Howard

First things off, this is just a chat/ discus. Don't take it all seriously or say " step into my office" kinda thing if you see that. lol. All I want is an understanding. So making sure you understand me is going to be what am trying to accomplish here. Well, no further ado here goes...

No but to seriously respond to what I think you're saying, the NW isn't supposed to be about these people. They're there for you to use in your story, if you want.
No sir. So what is understood by most is NPC are to be controlled. I see three levels in NPC. One, the background NPC: no one controls that npc, it is publicly up for the user to use however they want. Two, a step up from that is the NPC that you meet in games to buy stuff or interact with on a restricted level (protected by the system) as they cannot attack or harm you in anyway conversely neither can you. Three, this is the NPC that is seen in the NW as boss characters etc. That type is one that requires mod interaction and strict management in acting and replying to users.

Now I am talking about stage one. The lowest type of NPC. The one what is part of the amasses, one that isn't managed but rather explicitly explained in the lore. How does such function work? Simple. World building. The world in NW never explores what the humans in that world are like, their limits, what's normal and etc. Given all shinobi are born out of humans or are very much a relation to them. To the world, the logic of a shinobi is it a rarity or a normal occurrence. Is the world simply full of shinobi? What are the chakra levels of regular NPC humans? What's the logic to sensing them, are they few in number in each landmark?

Speaking of Landmarks.

[Suggestion] I would hope you could impute a system that would prompt a serous factor in LM claiming. Such as defending these landmarks. For multiple damage done in a landmark, would further remove that LM from the village or clan that claimed if they so much couldn't defend it constantly. For example, 3 strikes in a row resulting in a removal of LM from clan or village. This is because Rogues ninjas aren't like villages and going to war...is just illogical. However by these means, it gives those members a way to either target villages or simply be hired by villages as LM guards etc.

Anyways...I think I answered that quote. Let me know if you need me to further think on and expand on what am taking about. I draw this idea from the ATLA series. The world built is self explanatory, one understands how the avatar is view and the predictive outcomes of background characters in comparison to the avatar. (I might have lost my thought train lol).

Moving on:

Can I be your npc, rucken san?
You actually pissed me off. Wow.

I'd say 99% of the population aren't even shinobi, outside of our bios and npc. So sensing one of us compared to someone who has less than 100 chakra should easily be logical. But yeah like drackos was saying, millions on millions of npc is what you're hinting at?
Where's the canon lore for that judgment. No being an ass, just what I was pointing at. The NPC are literally unexplained or elaborated on in that manner. We simply know they aren't like us, they cannot come together to challenge us (not saying they should lol), nor do we know how much chakra they have. Sensing with...chakra sensing sure. So my question is: Sharingan, byakugan, rinnegun, or tenseigan users in a landmark that has many people with chakra moving about, how does one scan the landmark for the amount of chakra in a single person that they determine 'they have more chakra than others' when those individuals are simply walking by normally??? Please let me know.

No, millions on millions of NPC being controlled by the mods or anyone isn't what am talking about. I am looking to understand the basic logic of NW. Nothing more than painting a vivid world of what the Ninja world is like. Like if you were an NPC how would you see it, when presented with such knowledge of things. We know shinobi move faster than bullets, we know the dead can come back. These truths all well known. I pounder on the factual point of view a landmark taken over then more others are taken over and a ''war'' occurring which simply leads to thee landmarks transferred to another without conflict of further logical negotiation or something to reaffirm control of these lands. Or when these lands get attacked and the village simply ignores it since it does nothing to remove their control of these lands.

Furthermore exploring the aspect presented by @Strix as they gave this idea of having consequence in missions. This would be a way to show a breathing world that's impacted by changes. Such as even if those landmarks aren't claimed but are devastated by the an attack by a shinobi. Local NPC should auto generate a bounty or something like a cry for help. This all a post of view of a living world. Which I know bounties are coming back, this is a good way to impact that place in a way.

Onto the next thing;

I always saw it as the Landmarks were like small areas with only one city in them where everyonr gathers so it makes sense that when you enter a landmark there is only one place where everyone gathers/is.
If you're trying to hide, would you opt for that? No. lol. I wouldn't go anywhere like that. Reason why I think sensing people so easily is flawed. I am not to say 'random' meet-ups shouldn't be a thing its just when hunting someone without much logical explanation by simply saying "seeing their massive chakra amount" or something like that shouldn't be a thing. It removes the struggle/ interesting strategies people can come up with to search someone out. It makes the world more alive and not a 'store' people go into.

I understand what Rucken is saying im a sense that right now Story seems to be what ever you want to make up, instead of being a linear my character has these quests.
Umm. I don't mind, if it's linear or not.
You must be registered for see images

It's too much work for the NW mods to handle as an individual.
Hire mini helpers...there was that at some point.

Seek out someone stronger, a leader, and gravitate toward them. This mentality of "I want to have something but not build it."
Needs to stop, you have to take the initiative to do what you want. Drackos, nor myself can babysit you.
It's already a massive undertaking just to read through the stories you create, imagine needing to build them for you too.
What do you mean by "not build it"? I don't want a village. So if you mean making a village, then there's a problem in your point of view. "Seek out someone stronger, a leader, and gravitate toward them." NO! I VIOLENTLY SAY NO. That's forcing/ pushing a view onto someone. The NW is a sandbox, no such merits should be pushed like that. If one seeks the road of individuality, then 'tip a hat' to that. We all shouldn't be structured in a view YOU believe in. "undertaking just to read through the stories you create" but ya'll do a great awesome job! If life demands much, hire mini-workers to lessen the load boss. You guys have the power to manage actual-humans too, right..>.o

🤔 Sounds like members should be creative and take the initiative that is given to the rather than rely on others 🤷‍♂️
It seems you're contempt with the system. Well, I guess there's no logical fallacies you see, could you show me how you do that? Maybe am just never satisfied with what's given to me. Y_Y I think NPC has been quite something I've complicated that wasn't needed further explanation on, how do you view landmarks, the world of NW. The NPC in it. Is it just me, Honestly?

To my conclusion, please help me be more clear. If you have questions about something I said, I can reiterate in another way to the best of my ability. There's probably grammar issues in there, I AM SORRY. I am trying >.< So please work with me to make sure ya understand me.

TL;DR: NPC discussed about here aren't the type of controlled NPC you're used to, rather more on the lore aspect of things. Understanding the world-building of NW NPC in a general sense, relating their connection to the landmarks and colonialism logic point of view. A bit of LM chakra sensing further discussed upon on how it functions in screening out the targets when its not the 'chakra sensing jutsu'.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Edit:Ill share the link in a bit, had to take it down to fix some coding stuff.

In case anyone is interested, Ive been spending the time making an NRP based rpg. I know its not great, but its literally just been a hobby making stuff and getting it to work.
Its currently Pre-alpha, meaning its not complete and still being created, but I hope this small demo might get people excited.

The plan is to have a world based in the NRP NW with a NW story. You'll be able to create your own party with Players Bios. Each Bio will specialize in 2/3 skills, so eg you could have my bio which specializes in my CC, Rain and Slugs, or LA/Nevers, who will specialize in Earth Grudge Fear and MS. You can have 4 party members, like other FF rpg games.
The starting character creation is so that instead of creating your own character, you wont run into a doppelganger of your own out in the world later on.
As I said, its not much but its jsut something I've been working on.

Last edited:
  • Love