Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Almost 5 years O_O

Just looked over your fight with Loki. How times have changed.

I'd suggest a new thread to be honest. I'd like to see what people have enjoyed in more recent years, tagging you in here O_<
I actually enjoyed that fight alot lol Like it's cool fighting a friend that you know you can't/won't really argue with because yall can put bs aside and talk lol.

Make a new one! Was also reading my sensei test that LA proctored. Shit was nice also!

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,221💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually enjoyed that fight alot lol Like it's cool fighting a friend that you know you can't/won't really argue with because yall can put bs aside and talk lol.

Make a new one! Was also reading my sensei test that LA proctored. Shit was nice also!
I'd like to fight you one day. Like in the past several months I've seen how far you've come, your fight with Gutsy and Oraan.

Why do i gotta do it? I made the last one lmao

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,221💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We can after I fight LA. both the oraan and gutsy fight was pretty fun also. Gutsy underrated lol
Ayyy bet, enjoy that fight. And i skimmed the fight, but seems he miss read and made a fatal mistake, Gutsy that is. I agree but he doesn't stay in the loop as much as he shoot either with rulings and changes. He could be better but he's sure got the arsenal IMO. Still found it funny people thought it was my alt. Ah well.

Best of luck against LA

• Haha
Reactions: Shady Doctor

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ayyy bet, enjoy that fight. And i skimmed the fight, but seems he miss read and made a fatal mistake, Gutsy that is. I agree but he doesn't stay in the loop as much as he shoot either with rulings and changes. He could be better but he's sure got the arsenal IMO. Still found it funny people thought it was my alt. Ah well.

Best of luck against LA
LA bout to smack me ima need the luck. Man stacked and I got an Uzumaki 😂😭

And yeah. I can't remember what mistake he made but either way was fun lol. His Arsenal dope as shit also 😭😭

RuckenTM

Legendary
Kin
2,675💸
Kumi
2,113💴
Trait Points
54⚔️
*Walks in* Looks around for a small discussion:

Off topic to whatever is being discussed;

So I wanna know, I have so many rando ideas that are insanely not feasible. Here's one. So I think the NW is empty due to the lore/ explanation around what the NPCs in the world do/ are. Like, we enter LMs and find each other like 'we are walking into a store'. Why is that? Where that logical aspect of "LAND". So I think to fix that issue we have to tackle the problem of what NPC are in the NW. Chakra sensory in a vast land full of people, only to discern one? Hmm. I have seen it in the show with Karin but she logically explained or presented the situation on how she sensed stuff. Pain's rain jutsu when they sensed (CAN'T SPELL) Jiraia' (yeah ik) when they sensed him she explained how tight the community was and they had no visitors which allow her to pin-point him.

I'm getting off track, my question is what's the point of large Landmarks, if we find each other too easily. At times its like the NPC of the world aren't there or rather see through. Its like a world without people but just us. Of course once in a while 'actual' NPC that are controlled appear as directed by the mods to create an event etc. I am talking about on the basis of normal NPC that are generic, they have lives and dreams etc. It seems like a world without them to be honest. Going into any landmark, taking control of it and leaving...how about sustaining those landmarks. Like villages. If you attack their landmark, what repercussion do they face? Nothing right. Like...idk.

Either way I'll play the game. Its just these small details that I find a logical fallacy in that sort of gives me an indifferent experience. My opinion. Well, my random rant is over.

TL;DR: What are NPC in the NW? Well, there whatever the user wills them to be and that's that.

• Haha

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah I'll get right on that. Shouldn't be too much of a logistical and creative nightmare to narrate the existence of potentially millions of individuals.

No but to seriously respond to what I think you're saying, the NW isn't supposed to be about these people. They're there for you to use in your story, if you want.

Reactions: Zatanna

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards

So I wanna know, I have so many rando ideas that are insanely not feasible. Here's one. So I think the NW is empty due to the lore/ explanation around what the NPCs in the world do/ are. Like, we enter LMs and find each other like 'we are walking into a store'. Why is that? Where that logical aspect of "LAND". So I think to fix that issue we have to tackle the problem of what NPC are in the NW. Chakra sensory in a vast land full of people, only to discern one? Hmm. I have seen it in the show with Karin but she logically explained or presented the situation on how she sensed stuff. Pain's rain jutsu when they sensed (CAN'T SPELL) Jiraia' (yeah ik) when they sensed him she explained how tight the community was and they had no visitors which allow her to pin-point him.

I'm getting off track, my question is what's the point of large Landmarks, if we find each other too easily. At times its like the NPC of the world aren't there or rather see through. Its like a world without people but just us. Of course once in a while 'actual' NPC that are controlled appear as directed by the mods to create an event etc. I am talking about on the basis of normal NPC that are generic, they have lives and dreams etc. It seems like a world without them to be honest. Going into any landmark, taking control of it and leaving...how about sustaining those landmarks. Like villages. If you attack their landmark, what repercussion do they face? Nothing right. Like...idk.

Either way I'll play the game. Its just these small details that I find a logical fallacy in that sort of gives me an indifferent experience. My opinion. Well, my random rant is over.

TL;DR: What are NPC in the NW? Well, there whatever the user wills them to be and that's that.
Bro what? What are you saying.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

I'd say 99% of the population aren't even shinobi, outside of our bios and npc. So sensing one of us compared to someone who has less than 100 chakra should easily be logical. But yeah like drackos was saying, millions on millions of npc is what you're hinting at?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,221💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
LA bout to smack me ima need the luck. Man stacked and I got an Uzumaki 😂😭

And yeah. I can't remember what mistake he made but either way was fun lol. His Arsenal dope as shit also 😭😭
You as bad as him for pretending you ain't stacked 🤔

Did he use his noldor? Can't remember

Anyway, you lying if you saying you ain't stacked, Uzumaki chains are stronk, what else you got on the bio? Sm? O_< And remember i helped you with some of those Uzumaki cjs lmao. Not to mention your yin and yang <_<

• Wow

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Rucken You build them, use them, and throw them away if you want.

You can take an NPC and do whatever you want with it. You can build an entire village, or landmark @Never did it.

He made Shinramoto a multifacited landmark with various NPC with their own goals and stories.

I took your NPC from Arc 2 and made it strong, trained it, used it to tell a story and gave it it's own life.

Stop dropping NPC and actually use them to build your stories if you care so much.

ReXii

Legendary
Kin
1,402💸
Kumi
222💴
Trait Points
15⚔️
Awards
@Rucken You build them, use them, and throw them away if you want.

You can take an NPC and do whatever you want with it. You can build an entire village, or landmark @Never did it.

He made Shinramoto a multifacited landmark with various NPC with their own goals and stories.

I took your NPC from Arc 2 and made it strong, trained it, used it to tell a story and gave it it's own life.

Stop dropping NPC and actually use them to build your stories if you care so much.
Talk that talk, I gave a whole town magic apples and they love me now.

• Haha

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,715💸
Kumi
44,733💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You as bad as him for pretending you ain't stacked 🤔

Did he use his noldor? Can't remember

Anyway, you lying if you saying you ain't stacked, Uzumaki chains are stronk, what else you got on the bio? Sm? O_< And remember i helped you with some of those Uzumaki cjs lmao. Not to mention your yin and yang <_<
I ain't

• Angry

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I always saw it as the Landmarks were like small areas with only one city in them where everyonr gathers so it makes sense that when you enter a landmark there is only one place where everyone gathers/is.

Outside of that, theyre NPCs, theyre not meant to be anything important, outside of uses for a narrative.
Things can be different with Bosses or major character NPCs but that would mean Drackos and Howard managing them and controlling them. Given that Drackos is already doing a majority of that with the story so far, it would be hard to expect him to add more NPCs or characters to his workload without removing the time for him to actually rp on his character as well.

I understand what Rucken is saying im a sense that right now Story seems to be what ever you want to make up, instead of being a linear my character has these quests.

Id like to make a suggestion of introducing quest chains. The idea being that you follow a specific set of story board elements that are tied to a particular npc/faction, which are set by the NPC. I know we have the specific Story arc elements, but even just doing them on your own doesnt feel any different to regular elements outside of an extra reward. Because you could write about those elements at anytime even without the current arc. Say you set a quest chain of 10 quests, that start at D rank and end up at S rank. To give incentive to do these, you can add an extra reward, whether its extra kumi (only something reasonable like an extra 10-15% or perhaps an artifact once theyre updated). Not for every mission but you could add the rewards at the end of the quest chain or even half way through so you do 2 D ranks then 2 C ranks then 2 Branks and the 2nd B rank gives 150 extra kumi. Then you do 2 A ranks and 2 S ranks, and the last mission gives 2k kumi or maybe 1500 and an A or S rank artifact.

I think this would help drive a narrative or story a bit better for players rather than "here are a bunch of story elements you can write about" making it feel a bit overwhelming or underwhelming depending on your perspective. On top of this, these Quest chains can also help feel like youre involved in the world a bit more as well. Again while I sympathize and understand taking the role of NW mod it lots of tough work, especially if you added in more NPCs to use, I think adding in a few more other than the bad guys could be beneficial.

Edit: I will say with the lriginal draft of the NW i loved the idea of having the independant Factions, the 3 that were originally going to be in.

Reactions: RuckenTM