Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Spawning here with: Kaz
This post encompasses an B-rank mission containing the following storyboard elements:
Re-establish your reputation (4)

A slim, yet well dressed figure sat slightly hunched over at the counter of one of many establishments of this bustling area. Another drink finished in quick succession. His cold, stoic expression kept everything at arm's length, inviting no onlookers into his enclosure - always conspicuous, always lurking.

Perhaps Kaz's time off in the Ninja World wasn't the best course of action. It put his current coin affairs into disarray. No coin for extravagant meals, new suits or even the occasional drink. He pondered, perhaps another drink? No. Perhaps today was a day to organize - set a course for the way forward. Kaz smirked. His posture straightened - the tall, yet darkly clad Kaz grabbed his cane beside him and straddled forth. The establishment wasn't too busy, yet the voices seemed to compete for a place at the top - one louder than the other. Building and building with no end in sight. Tch, not the type of places Kaz would associate himself normally, but given the circumstances, he hadn't much of a choice.

Kaz's train of thought interrupted as a large gentlemen and his small posse, if those words can even be used to describe them, slams into him - one's entire drink wasted onto a satin jacket lined with the finest polyester this side of the ocean. The ooze of a dark brewed, slimy fizzled beer mixed with unknown properties promptly slid down Kaz's chest slowly. The entirety of the bar engulfed in silence. Their eyes widened in anticipation, not for what Kaz was going to do though. He was a slim, mild-mannered looking individual. The leader, a large oaf though - muscles bulging, arms at the ready. He was definitely a by-product of a seedy criminal underworld that seemed to have spouted overnight since Kaz's last outing in the world.

The dark underbelly of the criminal underworld seemed to usually bare their face at establishments such as this, never did Kaz think he'd have a run in with one of them.

"Move, little shit."

The man croaked. His voice vibrating through the entire bar - as everyone burst out laughing. Kaz was merely a spectacle of embarrassment - the thin, scrawny crippled man at the mercy of the big bully. He pressed his large body past Kaz, moving towards the counter. His posse remained posed at the door, like henchmen, merely waiting for their boss.

S P L A T!
The slimy beer echoes as it hits the cue ball head of the large oaf. One patron merely exclaims "Eeeeew!" - much to his dismay. The counter cracked as his hand slammed onto it with sheer force, the bar relegated to its former silent posture. Everyone's eyes yet again bulging, this time at Kaz who promptly swerved around - cane balancing his stance - wiping his hand of the last dripping material. Veins popped from the man's skull as he screamed;

"HOW DARE YOU? YOU REALLY THINK YOU STAND A CHANCE AGAINST ME, LITTLE MAN?"
"Carefully re-examine your words."

Kaz retorted immediately without hesitation. His words clear and clean, his composure - as stoic as always. The large man proceeds to slam the entirety of the sludge onto the counter as he turns back towards Kaz and steps off the wooden floorboards with his left leg - bursting forward with great speed. His right foot forward, his body would quickly turn as he launches a single punch with his right hand aiming for Kaz's midsection. A simple side-step to the back and to his left, Kaz would easily evade the sudden onslaught. His speed almost faster than what the man can keep up with - appearing as an almost blur as he avoids the hit, the oaf now technically moving past him.

"Try again."

Kaz states, as he slams his cane to the side of the big lad's head - creating a sudden bang sound. Laughing ensues. It seems the tide has changed and more peering eyes looked on, now from outside the establishment as well. Rage - pure rage bubbled from within the man. A curling scream followed by a sloppily aimed hit as he turned around, launching yet another wild hay-maker to Kaz's direction. The cane would this time act as a deterrent. It's simple yet light nature allowed it to be wielded with quite some proficiency - even for someone with just one arm. Kaz's cane swung in between the oncoming arched swing, slamming his arm back in the opposite direction. Definitely going to leave a bruise, as the Crow Headed Cane hits the inside of the man's bulky arms with force and precision.

Simultaneously, a violent chain of chakra metal would slam forth - hitting the bald man right in the solar plexus, as it suddenly emerges from the beneath Kaz's satin shirt. The man's body strained backwards from the sudden push. The chain would quickly disappear under the well proportioned albeit wet, three piece suit with haste.

"It seems my words fall on deaf ears."
"WHO...ugh..WHO ARE YOU?"
"If you knew, your approach would have seized."
"WHA- WHAT CAN A MAN WITH A LIMP AND ONE ARM EVEN DO?"

His eyes remained rattled, his arms now bulging ever more than before. The crowd whispered among each other, as well as his posse. Words like unknown shinobi and one armed boy were thrown around. He really was forgotten, huh? Perhaps it was time for a gentle yet stark reminder. Kaz pulled back his cane, leaning on it once more.

"Come then."

He screams. The wooden floorboards almost break under his stomping - his anger personified. Bang, bang, bang - he runs towards Kaz. Using both arms, he grabs onto Kaz's stationary body in an aim to perform the most devastating big man move he learned in his pathetic life. A bear hug. His sudden grab onto Kaz's lean frame was met with a surprising smirk from the brooding powerhouse. The cue ball didn't understand, and merely proceeded, aiming to crush Kaz in his embrace. Suddenly, his arms and legs would tighten as the sound of rustling papers rushed around.

"WHAA-"

Explosive tags streamed almost continuously from everywhere, restricting the large oaf but also replacing Kaz's former position. A replica of Kaz's body would promptly be formed from the streaming tags, constricting the large man's posture, keeping him in a standing, almost hugging position with the tags.His body constricted. His face remaining in a perpetual surprise state and the rest of the establishment merely standing in silence. Kaz slips back to his former seat - now sitting, arm resting on his cane.

"Anyone else.." He taps his ear "...hear a sizzle?"

B O O O O M
The tags explode furiously, ripping off the man's right arm and left leg completely - as they flop in several pieces to the bar's floor. Wet, dripping blood quickly forms pools beneath the recently sizzled appendages as the rest of his body, barely alive, flops to the ground. His posse rushes to him, aiming to salvage what was left.

"Let this be a kind reminder."

The posse didn't hesitate. Dragging his near lifeless body out the establishment was met with mere murmurs and groans. They were used to violence - but perhaps not to this extent. The bar owner would promptly instruct his workers to clean up as Kaz merely pondered over his next move.

"Who are you?"
"Kaz Brekker - a name that used to mean something here."
"As in, Dirty Hands Kaz? Jeez..don't think these youngins would know you."
"I'm still young."
"Well, younger than you I guess. Nonetheless, I'm sure they'll know now. Are you back in the game?"
"Hmm."

Kaz says, as he indicates another round as well as a rather cold answer to the man. Perhaps the day would end here at the bar. But his journey has surely just begun..

Ninjutsu : Unmei no Fuda | Ninja arts : Tags of Fate
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description:An effective close quarters Ninjutsu move that is used take advantage over opponent's Taijutsu moves. As the opponent performs a Taijutsu move on the user, the user will seemingly try to take the hit. Just as the opponent's body is about the land a hit on the user, The user will continuously make chakra infused explosive tags appear all over their body more like creating a frontal replica of the user made of explosive tags which will take the impact of the attack leaving only a part of the impact of the attack to affect the user. These tags will attach themselves to the opponent and spread rapidly throughout the entirety of the opponent in a very minuscule interval of time. It will be more like the opponent is kicking on a thick pile of paper, with the tags attaching themselves to the opponent's body rapidly. The user will take a part of the impact force produced by the opponent's taijutsu move to his advantage and get's himself pushed back, short range from the opponent. With a single handseal, the user can either tighten the chakra infused tags to completely restrict the movement of the opponent and explode the tags on his own will or simply explode the tags to create a stationary yet powerful explosion that causes massive damage to the opponent. The user will be able to tank up to B rank taijutsu with negligible damage using this technique however if the user tanks Taijutsu A rank and above, the user will take damage equal to one rank less of the tanked Tai move.

Restrictions:
- Can be used 3 times per battle.
- No ninjutsu above S rank in the same turn and above A rank in the next turn.
- Can only be taught by -Best-

Detective L

Legendary
Kin
2,224💸
Kumi
3,141💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This post encompasses an C-rank mission containing the following storyboard elements:
Reminisce on past struggles (2)
Face a dark truth and make a choice that determines your way forward (2)
The rounds kept coming and the light dimmed ever so slightly with each passing drink. The voices eventually calmed to a standstill, and a single light remained the only beacon in the bar. The wooden floorboards halted their incessant creek as well. Kaz's head rested on his hand, his cane lying skew by his side partially obscured by his large coat over his suit. He had in time, donned a black hat as well - disappearing into the dark corner of the bar to not be disturbed like before.
Fleeting eyes scowled over every now and then, followed by slight rumblings. Among them, he could hear his name as he drifted off into a slumber. "Kaz, Kaz, Kaz." The sound of his name echoing - starting from a soft call to a louder and louder disruption with a single final "KAZ!". The chugging sounds of barrels and stomping feet ravaged, as well as the toot of passing ships. An industrial port - filled with activity and bustling movement. From the dark, a hand emerged - Jordie's hand. A brother's hand.
"We're going to 'ave to work if you want to eat."
"I know."
He said with a sigh, grabbing his brother's arm and lifting himself to a standing position. A cold breeze blast by - the port was oddly colder than usual, even when wearing a thick brown coat with a patched up jacket beneath it. Kaz's style wasn't anything to write home about, and neither was his brother's - he too, merely donned an old creme colored jacket with a red jersey beneath it and dark pants and workman's boots. The two brothers set off, casually jogging and falling in line with a set of individuals who looked like they all had seen better days. Their postures were crooked and rough, so were their clothes. Dark spots filled their skin, and rashes protruded from openings that could be seen and a raging cough was prevalent. A dark reality into a general workers day under minimal wage.
"Get in line - get in line. You're on the clock now."
A cold, hoarse voice shouted calmly. His words radiated over the opening and the men set off with intent. Each knew their job - ranging from clearing the streets of contaminated trash, scrapping heaps of coal back and forth to the ships at the port by hand or carrying large bags from the ships to be burned using Ninjutsu, for those who had the available skills. Kaz was of the lucky few, his lineage dating back to the famed Uchiha - his control over Katon made him an invaluable asset and easily capable of gaining coin. His brother was stronger, capable of carry said bags - sometimes five at a time while Kaz only managed two, maybe three if he was lucky. Like clockwork, they'd walk back and forth - carrying heavy bags, dirtying the only clothes they had - seven days a week, 12 hours a day.
The use of Ninjutsu over extended periods of time of course, had its affects and drained Kaz's energy and so did the physical work on Jordie. Their sleep wasn't any better either. Kaz's nights were terribly short, mostly spent taking turns to watch each other's backs. Their humble abode consisted of two laid out cartons beneath a lowly lit bridge. Only having a small, sharp sword for defense, and Kaz's Ninjutsu should the need arise. Luckily, no one saw the need to rob two penniless kids under a bridge - at least not yet. Kaz peered into the dark night and it looked back, but he had his brother by his side, so he wasn't alone against it.
*Cough - cough*
"You good, Jordie?"
"Chest seems a bit tight, but it'll pass brother."
It didn't. Jordie's voice got weaker, his posture became crooked like the men they had looked at before and his skin ravaged a red dark rash, that quickly radiated all over his body. With little energy and power to continue work, Kaz remained the only one doing so - dividing his attention between work and his brother. Every day he seemed to get weaker and weaker. With little to no coin and zero support, Jordie's health steadily declined. Within a week, he was dead. Beneath a small tree on a hill, outside Ketterdam - became Jordie's final resting. Kaz had enough strength to carry him, but barely.
"I'm sorry, brother. Things weren't supposed to go like this.. Things were supposed to be better. I see now, that lies within our own hands. These hands -"
Kaz says, his hands trembling. His arm brandishing the red rash as well. His eyes bulged - did he contract the virus as well? The same as Jordie, would he too just die without having achieved anything in this world at such a young age? No. No. No.
Kaz straightened up his posture and stood above Jordie's grave.
"I'll not go silently. The name Kaz Brekker will be known."
He said with confidence as he sends his last regards to a brother who loved him. He was now alone, his eyes radiated - a burning sensation could be felt. However, he paid them no mind. He knew what he had to do and he had to do it quick. Grabbing the sword they used for their defense, Kaz made his way to an abandoned warehouse, dragging his two cartons with for bed rest. His breath trembled and his hands shook - an easy decision this wasn't - but a necessary one. His placed the short sword to the skin of his arm, knowing there to be a joint. If severed, he could perhaps stop the corruption from the virus, or so he thought. With very little knowledge on the subject and a particularly dangerous gamble, Kaz couldn't help but wonder, if this was the right course of action. He however, didn't see an easier path. Additionally, pain was the only thing he felt right now. Pain of loss, tragedy and despair. Pressing ever so slightly at the hilt of the blade, Kaz would jam the sword into his skin causing blood to shoot out - almost theatrically.
A blood curling scream left his mouth, causing the warehouse to echo his deep anguish. Cutting from beneath, in a quick upwards slash - Kaz would remove his arm right from the very socket that it held. It quickly flopped to the ground, causing even more blood to be released.
"Katon!"
He spouted, as he manifested a flame to his working hand through the blade, pressing it onto the wound to cauterize it. The sizzling and bubbling of flesh could be heard audibly, only drowned out by Kaz's own screams. The smell of burnt flesh would sit with him for days to come as he falls to the ground, still slightly bleeding. His eyes were warm and pain sizzled through the entirety of his body - a surge of chakra radiated directly to his eyes, the Sharingan! Further developed by his strife and pain. Kaz's decision would leave him half the man he was, but beneath those red eyes lay the motivation that could topple empires. He lay there, eyes open - quietly. The warehouse grew quieter as his screams were silenced and the night set in. Once again, it was him and the dark - this time, just him and the dark. "Kaz!" His name once more - he awoke from his slumber in the bar, present day. His cruel eyes peered from beneath the shadow of his hat.
"What?"
"Sorry to disrupt your sleep, Mr Brekker. I'm closing up."
Kaz grabbed his cane and fixed his clothes. A long day and odd dream about the past. If anything, his motivations were clear. He once left his name to die out - but not again. The time was now to act. First order of business, coin.

Daemon

Legendary
Kin
1,754💸
Kumi
72,430💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Madara paused to contemplate what Susabi was asking him, his connections to the Gods and more. Susabi expressed his concerns that whatever the meteorite was, it wasn't human. Madara agreed, knowing what it was from; there were very few things in this world that he knew could be capable of producing chakra on it's own but the ability to affect entities borne of chakra was very specific.

"There are many things I do not know still, mysteries I intend to unravel at some point. I do know this staff has the power to suppress the Tailed Beast, weakening them directly. Creations borne solely of chakra. This staff was Daenerys and I don't know where she obtained it, but when I took her life and took it for myself, a seal was branded upon me and the more I use it and study it, the more I become aware of this power unrelated to chakra within it. When I use my own powers, my Rinnegan, I can..." Madara trailed off, having finally recognized the feeling he kept experiencing when he would summon the Gedo Mazo. It was as if the staff itself reacted to the summoning, feeling an inexplicable pull from the weapon. The Gedo's body and Tiamat's bones merged into one to form the weapon as Imeroth had alluded to, it explained why the Bijuu were weakened so much by it.

"I had my clones spread out when we were at the library looking for information. I've had them gather information on the Freehold's military outposts, their base and more. These notes mention the meteorite being moved outside of the nation's limits. The Freehold controlled most of the Land of Fire; northwest of their reach would be the Earthen Badlands." Madara paused, remembering what he could about the geography of this world. "There were many mountains to the Northeast of Tanigakure, but there weren't many in the Badlands, especially not many surrounded by scattered villages. I can only think of one place, but it's unlikely. Far west, the farthest we can travel, there's a dangerous mountain range I read about in the Earthen Badlands. Many artisans have made very patchy settlements around the mountains and caves, there's also an unexplainable patch of earth where the grass doesn't grow, roughly a mile wide, in the center of a crater. Maybe there was a second meteor crash there, or that's where this was stored? I believe Bea Sanmyaku may be where we have to look."
So you think this location could have a clue to whereabouts of this meteor? Susabi asked Madara. If that's the case then we could probably find out what that zealot friend of yours wanted so badly from it. I highly doubt it's just the chakra negation aspect to the meteor they were solely after. There's more to this.

So are we off to test your theory?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
"There's only one way to test it, let's head out," Madara responded, turning to leave.

Travel Itinerary: #007 -> #042 -> #048 -> #047 -> #046-> #90 -> #088 -> #087 -> #093 -> #094
Departing #007 Keishi at 6:10pm (07/13/21)
#042: 7:10pm - 8:10pm
#048: 8:10pm - 9:10pm
#047: 9:10pm - 10:10pm
#046: 10:10pm - 11:10pm
#090: 11:10pm - 12:10am
#088: 12:10am - 1:10am
#087: 1:10am - 2:10am
#093: 2:10am - 3:10am (07/13/21)
Arriving at #094 Bea Sanmyaku at 03:10am (07/13/21)

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Coming from here

Madara and Susabi arrive in Keishi, returning from their journey in the Badlands. Madara looks around the marketplace, signs of chaos were present: Medninja were present, attempting to attend to injured citizens as some of Madara's ANBU from the village nearby investigated. As he neared the group, he could see impaled doctors, trails of blood and more laying around but the most curious of all was that none of these men seemed to be dying; heavy injuries that should have caused death, profuse bleeding and missing organs entirely should cause death but now..

"Shinobi. What happened here?"

"Lord Tekikage," the ANBU responded, kneeling as he spoke. "We arrived not long ago after reports of an enraged woman causing havoc on the outskirts of the village. Upon arriving, we found the scene as you see."

Before Madara could respond, suddenly he heard a voice in his head. Overlapping loud yet barely audible whispers speaking to him. Looking around, he could see the confusion and terror in faces as the eerie whispers continued. The voice mysteriously spoke of several things unknown to him. Mentions of a Mage King, a demigod trapped in Irkalla, the black serpent. It was the mentions towards the end of the madness inducing whispers that captivated him the most. "The Domain of Condition strains and creaks. Yet it will not break second. Death has left this world... could it mean what Madara thought? Is that why these people weren't dead? How could this happen? Madara's thoughts flew back to his conversation with Nefarian. The Voidlord mentioned to him how he was going to shatter the human condition. Madara also remembered what he had done to that deer, restoring it after Isabella's virus before stabbing it and the deer mysteriously didn't act injured or showed any outwards signs of injury at all besides the bleeding. He made it a point to emphasize how all life belonged to him. Could that be why he had claimed to be returning from the Underworld? Had the so called Champions invasion caused Nefarian and Phetra to prevent death? If they had the very power to manipulate life and prevent souls from passing on, then Basel's realm was likely just as powerful. Sai...Madara scoffed, there was always an oddball in any group, he supposed.

Fittingly, this started with Isabella. It always starts with Isabella. Frustratingly, Madara clenched his fist as he thought. Isabella was always meddling in some way, it was beginning to become a bother. He should have let her stay dead, he thought. Punching a wall beside him, Madara noticed the noticeboard posts. The short lived rumors regarding the virus of Isabella's was beginning to become old, the paper ripping and fading. Plastered on top of it was a giant picture with a hand drawing of a criminal. One who had committed many crimes with a gang known as the Brothers. A man who had violently committed many crimes, including injuring two Uchiha heavily. A scowl appeared on Madara's face as his eyes scrolled back up to the top.

"Hawke." He growled the word lowly, his troubles continuing to rise. Of course, yet another member of his past would return and cause trouble in his lands. No, a moment's rest was too much to ask for. Isabella, Hawke - who was next, Kakuzu? Madara shook his head, he'd deal with this soon. He had more pressing issues. It was a bit dangerous to attempt this in front of Susabi, but he knew he must.

"I need some answers... from an unlikely source," Madara said to Susabi. "Don't be alarmed."

Turning from the noticeboard, Madara spoke out to no one in particular. "I know you're around. Nefarian! We need to speak." Madara had never demanded a meeting with a Voidlord, having traveled far the last time he met with them but he knew Nefarian of the 3 he met would be the one who presented the least problems. He was bound to fight Sai and he knew nothing of Basel. Nefarian however...Madara had questions that only he or Imeroth could answer.

Kin
1,231💸
Kumi
864💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

He appeared within a blink. One moment there was no one standing next to Madara and then the next appeared Nefarian. He was cloaked, shrouded in his typical apparel. There was no spectacular entrance, no dramatic appearance, flash of light, or gathering of smoke. It was as if he was there all along. "Around is a rather limited term. I exist." An accurate assessment; Nefarian had changed in the past few months. He had evolved. Something was different about him. Nefarian's presence could be, for a moment, physically felt. It wasn't cold or evil, heavy or light - it just was. "What do you need?"

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️

He appeared within a blink. One moment there was no one standing next to Madara and then the next appeared Nefarian. He was cloaked, shrouded in his typical apparel. There was no spectacular entrance, no dramatic appearance, flash of light, or gathering of smoke. It was as if he was there all along. "Around is a rather limited term. I exist." An accurate assessment; Nefarian had changed in the past few months. He had evolved. Something was different about him. Nefarian's presence could be, for a moment, physically felt. It wasn't cold or evil, heavy or light - it just was. "What do you need?"
Madara had expected Nefarian to take some time to appear, so the sudden appearance of the Voidlord was shocking to say the least. Taking a few steps back at the arrival, Madara blinked and spoke.

"Some time ago, when you bought Isabella back from the dead, you told me that you all life was yours and to bear witness as you created a ball of prismatic lights before saying with that, the domain of condition shall shatter. Just before you arrive, I heard voices. Whispers about the Domain of Condition creaking and how death has left the world. I know you understand better than others, what is happening? Is this because of those fighting in Irkalla? If I'm to continue in my part in this, I need more information on what's going on. Being left in the dark will help no one."

Daemon

Legendary
Kin
1,754💸
Kumi
72,430💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Madara had expected Nefarian to take some time to appear, so the sudden appearance of the Voidlord was shocking to say the least. Taking a few steps back at the arrival, Madara blinked and spoke.

"Some time ago, when you bought Isabella back from the dead, you told me that you all life was yours and to bear witness as you created a ball of prismatic lights before saying with that, the domain of condition shall shatter. Just before you arrive, I heard voices. Whispers about the Domain of Condition creaking and how death has left the world. I know you understand better than others, what is happening? Is this because of those fighting in Irkalla? If I'm to continue in my part in this, I need more information on what's going on. Being left in the dark will help no one."
Coming from here

Madara and Susabi arrive in Keishi, returning from their journey in the Badlands. Madara looks around the marketplace, signs of chaos were present: Medninja were present, attempting to attend to injured citizens as some of Madara's ANBU from the village nearby investigated. As he neared the group, he could see impaled doctors, trails of blood and more laying around but the most curious of all was that none of these men seemed to be dying; heavy injuries that should have caused death, profuse bleeding and missing organs entirely should cause death but now..

"Shinobi. What happened here?"

"Lord Tekikage," the ANBU responded, kneeling as he spoke. "We arrived not long ago after reports of an enraged woman causing havoc on the outskirts of the village. Upon arriving, we found the scene as you see."

Before Madara could respond, suddenly he heard a voice in his head. Overlapping loud yet barely audible whispers speaking to him. Looking around, he could see the confusion and terror in faces as the eerie whispers continued. The voice mysteriously spoke of several things unknown to him. Mentions of a Mage King, a demigod trapped in Irkalla, the black serpent. It was the mentions towards the end of the madness inducing whispers that captivated him the most. "The Domain of Condition strains and creaks. Yet it will not break second. Death has left this world... could it mean what Madara thought? Is that why these people weren't dead? How could this happen? Madara's thoughts flew back to his conversation with Nefarian. The Voidlord mentioned to him how he was going to shatter the human condition. Madara also remembered what he had done to that deer, restoring it after Isabella's virus before stabbing it and the deer mysteriously didn't act injured or showed any outwards signs of injury at all besides the bleeding. He made it a point to emphasize how all life belonged to him. Could that be why he had claimed to be returning from the Underworld? Had the so called Champions invasion caused Nefarian and Phetra to prevent death? If they had the very power to manipulate life and prevent souls from passing on, then Basel's realm was likely just as powerful. Sai...Madara scoffed, there was always an oddball in any group, he supposed.

Fittingly, this started with Isabella. It always starts with Isabella. Frustratingly, Madara clenched his fist as he thought. Isabella was always meddling in some way, it was beginning to become a bother. He should have let her stay dead, he thought. Punching a wall beside him, Madara noticed the noticeboard posts. The short lived rumors regarding the virus of Isabella's was beginning to become old, the paper ripping and fading. Plastered on top of it was a giant picture with a hand drawing of a criminal. One who had committed many crimes with a gang known as the Brothers. A man who had violently committed many crimes, including injuring two Uchiha heavily. A scowl appeared on Madara's face as his eyes scrolled back up to the top.

"Hawke." He growled the word lowly, his troubles continuing to rise. Of course, yet another member of his past would return and cause trouble in his lands. No, a moment's rest was too much to ask for. Isabella, Hawke - who was next, Kakuzu? Madara shook his head, he'd deal with this soon. He had more pressing issues. It was a bit dangerous to attempt this in front of Susabi, but he knew he must.

"I need some answers... from an unlikely source," Madara said to Susabi. "Don't be alarmed."

Turning from the noticeboard, Madara spoke out to no one in particular. "I know you're around. Nefarian! We need to speak." Madara had never demanded a meeting with a Voidlord, having traveled far the last time he met with them but he knew Nefarian of the 3 he met would be the one who presented the least problems. He was bound to fight Sai and he knew nothing of Basel. Nefarian however...Madara had questions that only he or Imeroth could answer.

Susabi stood there minding his own business when Madara told him to not be alarmed. He then called out a familiar name. Nefarian. And a cloaked man appeared in their area as if he was answering a call. Susabi was caught off guard for a second then his mind began to race. Nefarian.. the one he saw slaughter that Uchiha woman and resurrect her amongst other things. Madara then came to ask his question. Irkalla? Continue his part in this? Susabi's head swivled and turned to Madara. He clenched his fist. He turned his attention back to Nefarian. He had a rather simple question for him as he didn't know much else to ask, but it was something that plagued his mind ever since the talk of Gods, the Void and a war crossed his ear.

Who are you exactly? And if you are what I think you are based on the limited information I have... I have but this simple question. Are you truly our enemy?

Kin
1,231💸
Kumi
864💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Susabi stood there minding his own business when Madara told him to not be alarmed. He then called out a familiar name. Nefarian. And a cloaked man appeared in their area as if he was answering a call. Susabi was caught off guard for a second then his mind began to race. Nefarian.. the one he saw slaughter that Uchiha woman and resurrect her amongst other things. Madara then came to ask his question. Irkalla? Continue his part in this? Susabi's head swivled and turned to Madara. He clenched his fist. He turned his attention back to Nefarian. He had a rather simple question for him as he didn't know much else to ask, but it was something that plagued his mind ever since the talk of Gods, the Void and a war crossed his ear.

Who are you exactly? And if you are what I think you are based on the limited information I have... I have but this simple question. Are you truly our enemy?
Before he addressed Madara's questions, however pressing or not they might be, the Voidlord turned to Susabi. He turned away slowly, letting his dark eyes meet the Hyuuga's for a moment before walking toward him and away from Madara's side. "For a human that can peer into different realities it is a surprisingly simple question. Your very nature allows you to glimpse higher truths, even if on a limited scale. Perhaps you should embrace the Void. If your mind doesn't surrender to permanent madness you might yet prove a powerful tool." Then he turned away again, uninterested in answering Susabi's core question. "The battle in the Underworld has no bearing on what is happening here. I have done exactly that. I removed death from this world. Death is no longer part of the human condition, the human experience." He paused with no expression on his face, standing directly between Susabi and Madara.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Before he addressed Madara's questions, however pressing or not they might be, the Voidlord turned to Susabi. He turned away slowly, letting his dark eyes meet the Hyuuga's for a moment before walking toward him and away from Madara's side. "For a human that can peer into different realities it is a surprisingly simple question. Your very nature allows you to glimpse higher truths, even if on a limited scale. Perhaps you should embrace the Void. If your mind doesn't surrender to permanent madness you might yet prove a powerful tool." Then he turned away again, uninterested in answering Susabi's core question. "The battle in the Underworld has no bearing on what is happening here. I have done exactly that. I removed death from this world. Death is no longer part of the human condition, the human experience." He paused with no expression on his face, standing directly between Susabi and Madara.
*** a whisper is heard in the wind: f~~~~ck y~~~u~Nefarian~~~~~ though you still hot~~~~ ***

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Madara audibly sighed, having forgotten briefly what interacting with the Voidlord was like. He first ignored Madara as he saw Susabi, gazing interestingly at his own eyes before speaking about Susabi's ability to peer into different realities. Madara raised an eyebrow at this as he hadn't been aware of Susabi's ability. Could this be part of the enhanced vision he had; was it possible Susabi could see the Limbo clones? Madara knew his Tenseigan enhanced the abilities of the Byakugan but to what degree, he still didn't know. Vowing to learn more, Madara watched as Nefarian ignored Susabi's questions and turned to him.

Annoying, the Voidlord gave very few answers to the question he ask. Instead, he merely repeated Madara and made sure it was understood that this was indeed the work of his. Taking a deep breath before replying, Madara spoke more carefully this time.

"I'm aware that death has been removed. My questions are how and why? If this isn't directly connected to the events in the Underworld, what exactly caused death to be removed? I notice you mention human experience as well - does this experiment of yours effect Creations or animals or any living non human?" Madara paused, pondering something briefly. He had other questions but he wanted to know exactly how and why this happened first.

Daemon

Legendary
Kin
1,754💸
Kumi
72,430💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Awards
Susabi was alarmed. How did Nefarian know of his ability? He also alluded to Susabi having glanced at the Void in passing on one of his inter-reality and interdimensional travels. Susabi had no plans of joining anything nor embracing the void. But he had to follow through the line of questioning anyway as any information was good information

And what would embracing the Void get me? Madness like those zealots in Chungsu or some kind of pawn in your game? Ages ago, when I gazed into the Void there was nothingness. A nothingness that would haunt me in my sleep till this day. And you ask me to embrace it? Maybe the Void has driven you mad...Nefarian.

Susabi folded his arms and listened to the questions Madara was asking. Clearly everything he said before was a farce. But it seemed even he was left in the dark on what was truly going on. A pawn through and through. Explains why he states he refuses to be one every chance he gets. Susabi thought to himself. But for the first time, he could relate to Madara on a very superficial level. Powerful tool. He turned his attention back on Nefarian.

Why now? Why take action now? I assume if you were powerful enough to 'remove' death from this world as you say. Why wait until now to do it? Surely you could have done this eons ago, assuming you are that old of course.

Susabi had many questions dealing with why things were the way they were. Understanding why would be the key to stopping everything.

Kin
1,231💸
Kumi
864💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara audibly sighed, having forgotten briefly what interacting with the Voidlord was like. He first ignored Madara as he saw Susabi, gazing interestingly at his own eyes before speaking about Susabi's ability to peer into different realities. Madara raised an eyebrow at this as he hadn't been aware of Susabi's ability. Could this be part of the enhanced vision he had; was it possible Susabi could see the Limbo clones? Madara knew his Tenseigan enhanced the abilities of the Byakugan but to what degree, he still didn't know. Vowing to learn more, Madara watched as Nefarian ignored Susabi's questions and turned to him.

Annoying, the Voidlord gave very few answers to the question he ask. Instead, he merely repeated Madara and made sure it was understood that this was indeed the work of his. Taking a deep breath before replying, Madara spoke more carefully this time.

"I'm aware that death has been removed. My questions are how and why? If this isn't directly connected to the events in the Underworld, what exactly caused death to be removed? I notice you mention human experience as well - does this experiment of yours effect Creations or animals or any living non human?" Madara paused, pondering something briefly. He had other questions but he wanted to know exactly how and why this happened first.
Susabi was alarmed. How did Nefarian know of his ability? He also alluded to Susabi having glanced at the Void in passing on one of his inter-reality and interdimensional travels. Susabi had no plans of joining anything nor embracing the void. But he had to follow through the line of questioning anyway as any information was good information

And what would embracing the Void get me? Madness like those zealots in Chungsu or some kind of pawn in your game? Ages ago, when I gazed into the Void there was nothingness. A nothingness that would haunt me in my sleep till this day. And you ask me to embrace it? Maybe the Void has driven you mad...Nefarian.

Susabi folded his arms and listened to the questions Madara was asking. Clearly everything he said before was a farce. But it seemed even he was left in the dark on what was truly going on. A pawn through and through. Explains why he states he refuses to be one every chance he gets. Susabi thought to himself. But for the first time, he could relate to Madara on a very superficial level. Powerful tool. He turned his attention back on Nefarian.

Why now? Why take action now? I assume if you were powerful enough to 'remove' death from this world as you say. Why wait until now to do it? Surely you could have done this eons ago, assuming you are that old of course.

Susabi had many questions dealing with why things were the way they were. Understanding why would be the key to stopping everything.
Nefarian smiled slightly under his cloak, mostly in response to Susabi's questions. He would entertain them, for now. "Enlightenment. Do you truly know what is real or not, young Hyuuga? Why is the geometry of your reality more real than theirs? Perhaps you were the mad one all along." He went silent for a moment, his tone no more than a gentle whisper as he spoke to the Hyuuga. Susabi's eyes were rare. Like the Shinkaigan they could glimpse other truths. But the Shinkaigan allowed its wielder, to some degree, cognize the Void. Susabi's only afforded him physical vision. But what would happen when that vision was challenged with something so unimaginably alien, something so exotic, that it challenged the very idea of life at all. What if, say, death did not exist? Or the soul? Or the very ground he stood on. "Your questions are related. But before I answer them I will pose a question. Mortality is, of the characteristics of the Human Condition, key. In some capacity it influences each of the other aspects: birth, growth, emotions, aspiration, and conflict. When death has been removed from human experience children and mothers no longer die in childbirth. Emotions are made into falsehoods. People hope for long and prosperous existences based on a contradiction. And overpopulation and scarcity of resources might intensify conflict. Why target death? Because it is the easiest to target. If, like the two Red Fevers and the Great Freeze that came before, I engineered a virulent disease that did not kill, but granted immortality and agelessness, what would happen to the human condition? It would cease to exist entirely. Something so unnatural, so unreal, so contradictory to the Gods' design." He paused again for a moment, turning his back to Madara and Susabi. "This is no experiment. Though I will admit I enjoyed spreading it. The vector of infection extends to all animals, all humans. It is a Prismatic Plague. My magnum opus. But why now? Yes, why now? Something has changed. It stirs beneath the waves.... I will leave you both with a final thought. Though it might frustrate more than illuminate. The real and unreal are in flux. Life will be brought to death, and death has been removed from life. But there are two others before we can usher in her coming." And with that Nefarian vanished, disappearing just as he appeared: without any dramatic exit or mystical disappearance. As if he hadn't been there at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Nefarian smiled slightly under his cloak, mostly in response to Susabi's questions. He would entertain them, for now. "Enlightenment. Do you truly know what is real or not, young Hyuuga? Why is the geometry of your reality more real than theirs? Perhaps you were the mad one all along." He went silent for a moment, his tone no more than a gentle whisper as he spoke to the Hyuuga. Susabi's eyes were rare. Like the Shinkaigan they could glimpse other truths. But the Shinkaigan allowed its wielder, to some degree, cognize the Void. Susabi's only afforded him physical vision. But what would happen when that vision was challenged with something so unimaginably alien, something so exotic, that it challenged the very idea of life at all. What if, say, death did not exist? Or the soul? Or the very ground he stood on. "Your questions are related. But before I answer them I will pose a question. Mortality is, of the characteristics of the Human Condition, key. In some capacity it influences each of the other aspects: birth, growth, emotions, aspiration, and conflict. When death has been removed from human experience children and mothers no longer die in childbirth. Emotions are made into falsehoods. People hope for long and prosperous existences based on a contradiction. And overpopulation and scarcity of resources might intensify conflict. Why target death? Because it is the easiest to target. If, like the two Red Fevers and the Great Freeze that came before, I engineered a virulent disease that did not kill, but granted immortality and agelessness, what would happen to the human condition? It would cease to exist entirely. Something so unnatural, so unreal, so contradictory to the Gods' design." He paused again for a moment, turning his back to Madara and Susabi. "This is no experiment. Though I will admit I enjoyed spreading it. The vector of infection extends to all animals, all humans. It is a Prismatic Plague. My magnum opus. But why now? Yes, why now? Something has changed. It stirs beneath the waves.... I will leave you both with a final thought. Though it might frustrate more than illuminate. The real and unreal are in flux. Life will be brought to death, and death has been removed from life. But there are two others before we can usher in her coming." And with that Nefarian vanished, disappearing just as he appeared: without any dramatic exit or mystical disappearance. As if he hadn't been there at all.
Madara listened uncomfortably as Nefarian spoke to Susabi, teasing him with his answers. The way the Voidlord mentioned reality didn't sit right with Madara. He shifted in his stance as Nefarian continued, now speaking to the both of them. Madara has asked exactly why did any of this occur and from what he was just told, it had been the easiest means of destroying the Human Condition, as Nefarian put it. With death removed, he listed off a number of problems that will occur outside of the obvious removal of life. He revealed he was behind the Red Fever and the Great Freeze. potentially testing the lives of humans, causing Madara to frown at the revelation. He had a part to play in all of this with Nefarian and Imeroth, but with more time passing, more doubts continued to be raised. From what he pieced together, Nefarian was behind centuries of plagues and problems testing the will of mankind and for what? Why now did he decide to deal with mankind in such a way?

He continued on, naming it as a Prismatic Plague, his magnum opus. He gave an ominous warning, turning his back to the duo as he spoke. "The real and unreal are in flux. Life will be brought to death, and death has been removed from life. But there are two others before we can usher in her coming."

Before he could respond, Nefarian vanished yet again without a trace of warning. Vanishing from sight, Nefarian left the duo with more questions than answers. Madara sighed, unfolding his arms as he moved forward, facing Susabi.

"It seems this virus he created in response to Isabella's own plague has destroyed lives as we know them; mankind, animals - death has been removed from the "Human Condition" or whatever he said. Unfortunately, I don't know what he means by there being two others before they can usher in someone's coming." Madara had suspicions on who the her was in this scenario, but he couldn't be sure entirely as his talk with Imeroth never included destruction of the human condition nor any details on his plan regarding Tiamat. "More questions came form this than answers, annoyingly. I'm sure you have your own questions but I need to regroup with Akujin and we can discuss plans back at the capital. We need to attend to this village's matters at some point."

LLM.

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

The duo had reached the old capital now a haven of lost archives. It was here that Alucard would hope to find the answers that he had the questions to, the trio of Sapphire, Ruby and Emerald. The ancient city hosted many libraries and it was to them that Alucard would draw himself to. As the two of them entered the city from the lands beyond, a shadow would cling itself onto their bodies, covering the two of them in a large serpentine shape. It was followed by the sensation of an all fathoming gust of wind that sent them both into the air several meters.

Guess im going to heaven atlast.

Oh **** off Cap, i own you.

The wind was yet followed by a roar, sounding quite similar to that of the thorny dragons that Alucard had a summoning tie towards but this one was even more powerful as it came from the beast flying above. The sound would then quieten into nothingness as the two of them would be abandoned by the wind that carried them upward and now left for a terrible fate. A shape of gold and green could barely be made out from the sky above and only for a flash. However, as they fell they needed to brace for impact. Good for them that they weren't regular mortals. Alucard would enforce his skeleton to brace for the impact with the ground while Cap would just not give a damn and simply regenerate the damage taken from the fall. A small noice would be made outside the city gates as the two crash-landed on the open fields.

It was a test, to see if we were worthy.

Alucard was now intrigued by the shape he had seen. The two headed into the city and went for information scouting, spending a few hours in the libraries in order to find anything that could give any sense to what they had just witnessed. While the being was powerful, it was not on the levels of a Bijuu, nor did it have enough tails to support the idea of it being a tailed beast - this he knew. It was more likely to be mythological creature that had been forgotten with time. After multiple hours of research, Alucard had found something that was vaguely describing what he had witnessed on his way there.

As the battle of land and ocean grew over centuries - the two deities fought to a stalemate with the planet as a hostage. A celestial being from far away would intercept their rage. A dragon known as Rayquaza heeded the war between Groudon and Kyogre and set their war to an end, leaving both of them on a trail of exile. Awoken only by the chosen one, the deity of the sky would sleep in eternity at Sky Pillar.

Alucard sighed, he was pretty sure where this location were but the issue was getting there. If memory served him correctly it was half the world away from Keishi but with some determination he would continue his journey now going south west.

LLM.

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Coming From:
Kuzuyama (092)

This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:

- Investigate the seal that has suddenly appeared (4)

Summary: Almost home, Kōtetsu discovers a seal that has suddenly appeared on his body.

After months in the dark, damp, and decrepit terrain that was Irkalla, Kōtetsu was relieved to be back amongst the living, to feel the gentle rays of the sun touch his skin, but most of all, he was grateful that his nose was no longer clogged by the horrendous smell of rotting corpses. He closed his eyes and Inhaled through his nose, taking in all the scents floating about the marketplace. Some were still bad, but none he came across could ever be as putrid as those that found his nose in the underworld. He opened his eyes and began walking north, catching strange glances from Keishi’s inhabitants. It wasn’t strange for them to see members of the Inuzuka now that they had started to travel outside of Zhouhua, so that wasn’t what drew their attention to him.

What caught their attention was his clothing..or lack thereof. His masterfully woven black ankle-length tailcoat, sleeveless gray high-necked waistcoat, and pants were in tatters. The damage he sustained over the length of the raid had ripped and torn his attire beyond repair, and it hung loosely from his body. He was so close to home but knew he couldn’t present himself before his clan with his current appearance, and as such decided to complete two tasks at once, the first of which was to meet an informant of his clan that posed as an innkeeper to learn of what he’d missed these past few months. The second would be clothing.

“I’ve never understood the need for you humans to dress yourselves in such extravagant garments,” said Solair, projecting his thoughts directly into his partner’s mind.

“You wouldn’t understand,” Kōtetsu replied, “because you don't have style.”

Unamused, the ninken ignored his partner, who had reached his destination. It was a small inn located close to the border between Zhouhua and Keishi called Three Friends of Winter, and its innkeeper, Ada, was who the Inuzuka had come to see. It was a place meant to provide rest for weary travelers through the bustling marketplace, but it also managed to attract people who wanted a quiet and out-of-the-way place to conduct more….secretive business. He pushed open the heavy wooden doors, walked up to the bar, and took a seat. The inn’s interior was intricately built together from pine and bamboo and was decorated throughout with plum blossoms.

“Hey stranger,” came a voice Kōtetsu knew all too well. Ada. She had light skin, unsettling amber eyes, and sported her short black hair in an undercut. She wore a form-fitting violet-colored dress, and leaned over the bar’s countertop, getting uncomfortably close.

“I’ll have the usual,” he stated matter-of-factly, ignoring her piercing gaze that felt like it was digging into his exposed skin.

“As serious as ever,” she teased as she turned and rummaged through some drawers before producing a key. “B01.” She slid the key across the counter, and the Inuzuka grabbed it before moving from the bar and heading towards where the rooms were located.

He walked down a long corridor before reaching what appeared to be a dead-end and pushed the key into an almost unnoticeable crack. For a moment there was nothing, but suddenly the soft sounds of clanking metal could be herald, and the wall parted, revealing a large room beyond. Sif and Solair unmerged from their partner’s body as he entered the room, and the stone walls closed behind them. Now in private, the Inuzuka pulled the shredded clothing from his body and tossed them to the floor. It was only then that something caught his eye. On the back of his left hand was a seal he hadn’t placed. It was in the shape of a wolf’s head, almost similar in design to the Crimson Fang’s emblem.

He thought back to earlier when he had just escaped the underworld. To the searing pain he’d felt in his hand but choose to ignore as he spoke to Marzan. This was the cause. He brushed his fingers over the mark as he inspected it. The pain was gone, and it was smooth to the touch, but he had no idea what purpose it served. Naturally, he decided to flow the chakra within his body towards it, hopeful for some kind or reaction, but there was nothing.

“Whoa!” Sif yelped excitedly. “Since when did you have that?”

“I’m...Not sure.”

Kōtetsu rubbed the seal with more force now, but still, nothing happened. In frustration, he tossed his hands into the air, and a sudden light bathed the room in a silvery glow. “Wha-..” He was taken aback, surprised by the sudden release of light that momentarily blinded him snd the weight of something heavy in his hands. As the light subsided, he came to find his hand clasped around the haft of a two-handed, double-edged axe crafted from ivory bones. At the base of the grip was a single crystalline orb flickering with black and white energies, identical to those that sword around the orb he’s fasted into the collar around Sirris’ neck. He had originally thought that the core had been stolen by another champion, or worse, lost in the underworld. Now he knew what had transpired.

The Inuzuka thought back to his encounter with Strix in Soren’s rest. She had mentioned that within the cores lay great power. Power that could only be unlocked by a unique trigger. He had no clue what his trigger had been, whether it was his death, coming into contact with the Goddess Ereshkigal, or simply being in close proximity to the void. What he did know was that this power was now his, and he intended to make full use of of.

He brushed his hand lightly against the weapon, feeling every groove, familiarizing himself with it. He wanted to test it right away, to feel the weight behind each swing, but now was not the time. There were other things to do first. Recalling the strong emotions he’d felt prior to its appearance, the anger, the frustration, and transmitted these feelings to the blade. Suddenly, the weapon vanished, returning to its seal.

Mission Completed​

Reactions: Gααrα

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using these storyboard elements:

- Learn about the world’s current affairs (4)

Summary: Ada, the head of Jin-Roh, a secret intelligence Inuzuka organization, brings informs Kōtetsu of all he's missed over the past few months.

Kōtetsu had briefly held the weapons in his hand, but he was already eager to see what it could do. Strix had mentioned that these weapons had the potential to grow over time, but he never heard the specifics on how to do so. He didn’t like it, but as she was the only one he knew of with a weapon similar to his, he would have to meet with her again.

“Phwwwwwhht,” cam a whistle from behind, surprising the Inuzuka and his ninken. It was Ada, leaning against the wall as she eyed his bare skin. He didn’t know how she could always manage to subvert the enhanced senses of himself and his ninken and appear close to him without warning, but it was one of the many reasons why she made him uncomfortable.

“How long have you been there?” He asked, wondering just how much she had seen.

A wolfish grin painted her face as she approached him with a bundle of clothing. “Long enough. ” She tossed the bundle onto the floor infront of him before taking a seat on the only chair in the room. She looked him over, and for a moment a flicker of interest danced in her eyes. “You’ve been gone for a long time,” She finally spoke, crossing her legs and resting her chin in her open palm.

Ignoring both the clothes and Ada’s stare, the Inuzuka retreated into a small bath located in the room. It wasn’t very private, with only a partition to shield him from Ada’s gaze, but at least he could no longer be seen. “I know...” As he answered memories of the events of the last few months flashed through his mind. The Twin Fates. Falnir. Phetra. The voice from the void, and how reality itself had started to bend. He saw these flashes every time he closed his eyes, especially in the instances that he had been killed. “Fill me in on anything I missed.”

His command might have seemed bizarre to any onlooker, to be ordering the owner of a simple inn for information, but Ada was no mere innkeeper. She was not only one of his childhood friends, but the leader of Jin-Roh, an intelligence organization of the Inuzuka clan spread throughout the world that wasn't known about even within the clan itself. Kōtetsu had come up with the original idea and purpose for this organization, but it was Ada who brought it to fruition. Wherever there was a marketplace, a member of the brigade could be found, even as far as Tobusekai.

“Do you want the good news first,” she teased, “or the bad?” She could hear the sound of splashing water as Kōtetsu cleaned his body.

“The Good.”

There was a brief silence as Ada thought about how to best deliver the news. “There was an attack in Zhouhua three months ago.”

Water continued to splash. Attacks in his homeland were common, especially due to the outsiders who continued to encroach upon the forests, but from the way she delivered the news, he could tell that this attack was different from the others.

“A large portion of the southern forest was destroyed,” she continued. “And…Moro was injured.”

The sound of the splashing water paused. As one of his Lieutenants responsible for guarding the southern border Moro was by no means weak, for her to be injured must mean that either she’d let her guard down, or the enemy had been incredibly powerful. “How bad?” he asked.

“She lost an arm, and one of her ninken. She’s still unconscious.”

Kōtetsu finished washing and stepped from behind the partition as he moved towards the clothes the woman had brought him. “Do we know who it was?”

Ada produced a piece of paper and handed it to him. A bounty for the man responsible. He looked over the information of the man with raven-black hair. Garrett Hawke. The Inuzuka had never seen him before but felt a strange sense of familiarity with the gritty-looking man.

“We’ve been tracking him from a distance, and he’s close to us now.” Ada produced something else, this time a piece of marble that seemed to have broken off from a statue. “His scent.”

As he dressed, he took the object and raised it to his nose, which he concentrated chakra into to amplify his sense of smell. It didn’t take long for him to catch the scent, who’s owner he could tell was some distance to the west. He made sure to remember this scent and passed the broken piece before the noses of all three ninken so that they could memorize it as well. He would be sure to pay him a visit. Soon.

“And what’s the bad news?” He asked as he returned the stone to her and finished getting dressed.

“That’s...More complicated to explain,” she stuttered over her words. “Just before the attack, we started receiving strange reports. Both myself and other agents have come across a number of individuals that aren’t able to be killed. It was as if they were immortal. No matter how much they were wounded, they still continued to move.” A shiver raced up her spine as she recalled the events of four months ago, where a group of undying criminals ran rampant throughout Keishi.

Kōtetsu’s ears perked up. “Were they undead?” He asked.

“Like the rotting clumps of flesh that ran wild all over the eastern continent? No. The people were very much alive.” She replied. “And it’s not just them. Others have been popping up here and there. For some, it's a blessing, but for others, it’s a curse.”

He wondered what the cause of these undying individuals could have been a result of the champion’s encroachment into the underworld. The start of the reports coincided closely with Falnir’s defeat, but he wasn’t sure the effect that would have had on the world as a whole. Maybe this was one of them. They were so preoccupied with ending the immediate threat Phetra posed that none of them, had stopped to consider the consequences their actions would bring about. Ereshkigal had remained in the underworld, but the entirety of her strength was focused on holding back the void, meaning that there was no one to judge the souls within Irkalla, and as much as he hated to admit it, neither was anyone to weave their fates.

The bigger problem here was that their plans of expanding the clan's sphere of influence would need to be altered. There was a big difference between dispatching their enemies when they could be killed, and when they couldn't.

There were a lot of things to think about. A lot of plans to put into motion. But for now, the Inuzuka needed rest from his long, long journey. “I see..” He replied unsurprisingly. Ada could tell that he had some idea as to the cause of this phenomenon but knew better than to press him for answers. “Anything else?”

Ada thought for a second. There was something else. Rumors that had yet to be confirmed, and ones she didn’t think it was time to share just yet. “That's all for now.”

Kōtetsu nodded and moved towards the bed, but as he waked the silver fur pelt draped over his shoulders repeatedly slipped off. The clothing she had given him was much too large, and he knew she’d done so on purpose. “Isn’t there other cloth-” He began speaking as he turned to face her, intending to ask for a new pair of clothes, but she was already gone, again without a sound. The Inuzuka sighed, frustrated at her behavior, though he should have been used to it by now.

He turned back to the bed and collapsed into the soft, lavender-scented sheets. With his ninken curled up around him, Kōtetsu drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

Mission Completed​

Reactions: ZK

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,839💸
Kumi
26,730💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
Kōtetsu stood infront of the inn as Ada fussed over him. They had discussed much over the past few days, including the new set of tasks for the members of Jin-Roh. Instead of heading home as originally planned, the Inuzuka decided to instead follow the lead Marzan had given him.

"You came all this way but won't even stop by your own home!" She exclaimed, knowing full well of the fury she would face from his mother when she returned alone.

She moved to straighten the fur pelt draped over his shoulders, but he brushed her hand away. The attire no longer hung loosely from his frame, but instead sat snugly on his body, which had grown mysteriously during his stay at the Three Friends of Winter.

"You still won't tell me what was in that vial?" He asked once more, curious to know the contents of the vial they'd retrieved from the black market recently.

Ada shook her head as a sly grin painted her face. "Not a chance." She reached behind her and produced a sack that she held out to him. "These are the void artifacts we won from the auction. They'll do you more good than they will for me."

Kōtetsu accepted the gift and hung the sack from his waist. "I'll make good use of them," he said as he turned away. "And make sure to pass the message along to my father."

Ada watched as he walked away, but even when he vanished into the crowd she remained where she stood, staring into the distance. Her fingers curled tightly around the letter he'd entrusted her to deliver to his father. She couldn't help but worry for his safety, for the entities he faced were things she could have never imagined even in her wildest dreams. For now, all she could do was pray...but to who?

(Mukō: Yūryō) – Void: Charged (5,000 Ryo) x2
Type: Void Infused Artifact
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: A Void Infused modification that does not act as an Accumulator or Spender; rather, it passively increases the user’s maximum Void Infusion cap by 1. This can be stacked with other Charged Void Infused Artifacts, including itself if the user owns multiple copies.
(Mukō: Senmon Chūnyū) – Void: Specialized Infusion (2,000 Ryo)
Type: Void Infused Artifact
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A
Description: Whenever the user uses a technique within a field of their specializations, they have a 25% chance to gain a single Void Infusion, occurring at most once every two turns.
Travel Itinerary: #007-> #035-> #024 -> #001 -> #002
Departing #007 Keishi at 01:53 PM (10/19/21)
#035: 02:53 PM - 03:53 PM
#024: 03:53 PM - 04:53 PM
#001: 04:53 PM - 05:53 PM
Arriving at #002 Noodle Panhandle at 05:53 PM (10/19/21)

-Leaving Landmark-

Last edited:

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Coming From: [041 Tazuma]

This post marks the beginning of a Mission with these Storyboard Elements:

[1] Explore a landmark

Naruto had journeyed the pathway of the forest and emerged on the farmlands all leading to a city on the horizon. He placed his hand on his stomach as he tried to calm the stomach pains that were continually plaguing him. With his sights set on grabbing a bite to eat, he hoped this place had a decent ramen shop. He traveled briskly across the landscape taking in the calm scenes before he finally made his way across the threshold into the city.

The sprawling streets were filled with all manners of buildings, quite frankly it would have been too easy to get lost trying to travel along the city streets amongst the people below who were busy going about their daily lives. Naruto's stomach began to grumble even more severely and he groaned, before ultimately deciding to take to the rooftops to get a better view of just where he was.

"I'm gonna faint if I don't get something to eat....!"

Deciding he needed to divide and conqueror, Naruto would create several shadow clones of himself in order to help his search.

Having created three copies of himself, they each took a cardinal direction and began their search making it a competition to be one of the first to find the Ramen. Though, Naruto's clones were each just as equally as hungry and competitive as the original and they didn't mind taking apart in a bowl before letting the other knows, if they just so happened to be one of the first to do so.

Naruto's first clone had gone to the northern reaches of the city, hoping he'd be the first he managed to find nothing but homes and different slums. It seemed like a pretty rough part of town but he wasn't going to let that deter him from exploring the area in hopes of finding a ramen shop. In these slums wasn't much of interest besides the usual shady individuals and vice versa. When the clone had his fill and realized his search wasn't going to help him find anything it would relinquish itself transferring the information back to the original.

Naruto's second clone had gone to the East. This part of the city seemed much more developed than what the clone had seen so far. While he explored, he followed the heavenly smells that wafted through the area. Even though, he was no Inuzuka he knew Ramen and while he tried to find a decent place he had a hard time finding what he was looking for beside the occasional dango, fish, or meat bun vendor. In his exploration, he did see several interesting locations in the area, that probably needed to be explored even further but that didn't help the clone's efforts in finding what they were looking for. Soon the hunger became to much, and he too relinquished himself when he had given up on looking through the area.

The third clone didn't have any luck either, having gone to the south, he realized he had gone West, where additional farmland had been cultivated and after realizing he wouldn't find any ramen in the area he began to get frustrated and soon decided to give up his search.

Though Naruto had yet to find the Ramen shop, he had gained a generally idea about the city thanks to his clones, and luckily for him he had reached a section of the city that contained a sprawling market. In this market, Naruto couldn't help but be amazed at the number of stalls and vendors that resided in the city. It was nothing like he was used to, he took his time exploring each of the stalls until he came across a mysterious vendor who was willing to part with some special items, known as Void Artifacts. Having heard little about them, he wasn't quite sure they were his thing, but he figured he would explore the wares and find out what might be best suited for him.

After the day had almost ended, Naruto had eaten everything but what he truly craved. However, as he left the city in frustration, a small trader had tipped over his cart. Naruto stopped to help the older man, who was elated to get some assistance after having been ambushed by thieves who had fled with the money he had collected and was taking home to his family. When Naruto said he would pursue the bandits and kick their ass so they couldn't continue to rob people, the older man said he had no money to pay for a shinobi. However, Naruto couldn't sit by while people were in jeopardy of being hurt or worse, he would do it under the condition the man provided him a bowl a ramen. Confused at such a request, the gentleman agreed and said he had been coming and going from the city for years, and would take Naruto to the best ramen spot in town on the condition he returned safely.

"Don't worry, I'll be back for that bowl of ramen old man and I'll get your stuff back too. You can count on me, Believe It!"
To be Continued.

Last edited:
Reactions: Troi