EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I disagree, but you can believe what you want because frankly I'm tired of arguing about this. I've completely lost interest in it anyway.

As I said saying the hype between the two is the same is foolish. Hiruzen was never I repeat NEVER compared to the SO6P. Hashirama was and as I already stated the SO6P received that nickname because he was the creator of all ninjutsu, not because of his power.

I've explained why I think he recieved the nickname and my opinion on that doesn't change. You however can believe what you want.

Anyway I'm done because I have no interest in this debate anymore.
Given the only God in the series that we know of is Rikudo, it's not exactly outlandish to believe that Hiruzen was being compared to him when he was called God of Shinobi. I dunno why you want to create a topic on something, start to get in to a debate over it, then leave mid-way through because you claim you have no interest in it.

From the databook itself, showing why it's a reasonable belief as far as thinking Hiruzen was compared to Rikudo -

Iruka, Ch.94
「三代目は 特に歴代の中でも最強� �言われポロフェッサーと呼ばれた天� ��だったんだぞ!」
"The sandaime, in particular, was a genius nicknamed the 'Professor,' and was called the strongest of all the Hokage".

the Sandaime was the strongest.

Databook 1, Page 117
"プロフェッサー"と崇められる歴代最強の火影

The "Professor" revered as the strongest Hokage in history.

Databook 1, Page 119
"歴代最強""天才"など,三代目火影を形 容する言葉はに満ちている.

"History's Strongest", "Genius", etc., there are many words that describe the Sandaime Hokage.

DB2 Pg 84
Konohamaru paragraph:
歴代最強の火影と謳われた、三代目� �血を継ぐ木ノ葉丸。“木ノ葉崩し”� ��より敬愛する祖父を失い、その心は 悲しみに覆われる。だが必ずや里を� �る大樹に成長するであろう。果てぬ� ��標の祖父を目指して・ ・・!!

Konohamaru, descended from Sandaime, who was praised as history’s strongest Hokage.
I must say I do hate, when finally a good thread is created(which I believe this to be) and a decent debate/discussion has started about the topic, the other person just quits. There's very few even decent debates on this forum, as every thread is full of "THIS CHARACTER IS THE GREATEST CAUSE HE/SHE CAN 1 SHOT THIS OR THAT", and finally we have this going and now it's just going to stop.

What a shame.

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Given the only God in the series that we know of is Rikudo, it's not exactly outlandish to believe that Hiruzen was being compared to him when he was called God of Shinobi. I dunno why you want to create a topic on something, start to get in to a debate over it, then leave mid-way through because you claim you have no interest in it.

From the databook itself, showing why it's a reasonable belief as far as thinking Hiruzen was compared to Rikudo -

I must say I do hate, when finally a good thread is created(which I believe this to be) and a decent debate/discussion has started about the topic, the other person just quits. There's very few even decent debates on this forum, as every thread is full of "THIS CHARACTER IS THE GREATEST CAUSE HE/SHE CAN 1 SHOT THIS OR THAT", and finally we have this going and now it's just going to stop.

What a shame.
I'm still going to debate in here, just not about Hiruzen's ranking in power because that's not what this thread was meant for, which is what we were discussing. This thread was just to give people an idea of what Hiruzen's god of shinobi title may have meant.

Also I don't know why you gave a link to the databook considering that just states him as the strongest hokage and has nothing to do with the SO6P.

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Frankly I think Hiruzen is severely overrated. His hype was from back in part 1 where the power scale was much lower. Back then, Itachi and Jiraiya were the strongest characters and we didn't even see them at full power. I think people say he was stated as the strongest hokage in one of the old databooks, but things normally get retconed. In my databook it says Madara is still alive, so does that mean it's true? No, new info overrides the old. He's still probably the strongest kage of his era, but his power is not even relevant anymore, no one compares Hiruzen to people like Hashirama or Madara, and Kishi does like to have characters compare powers to others.
Saying that part 1 is old news is fine when something is said to contradict what was said in part 1. It's fine to debate that Hiruzen was the strongest ever, as I've always been of the belief, at least, since learning Hashirama took on Madara and the Kyuubi at the same time, that he could at the very least tie Hiruzen for strongest ever.

However, nothing has ever been said to make anyone believe that Hiruzen being called God of Shinobi was incorrect in anyway and no one has ever tried to say anything to the contrary. That nickname has been given to no one else other than him and Rikudo. If Kishi ever comes out and says "Hiruzen was nothing compared to Hashirama" or anything similar, then this might be a reasonable explanation, but unless that ever does happen, I don't see that as a viable reason.

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm still going to debate in here, just not about Hiruzen's ranking in power because that's not what this thread was meant for, which is what we were discussing. This thread was just to give people an idea of what Hiruzen's god of shinobi title may have meant.

Also I don't know why you gave a link to the databook considering that just states him as the strongest hokage and has nothing to do with the SO6P.
Hiruzen's power has a lot to do with why he has the nickname he does, at least, in my opinion. You state as much in your opening post by saying he mastered every form of combat. You can't master every form and not be incredibly powerful.

The biggest thing from that is being called "History's Strongest". And him being listed as the strongest hokage would give him hype that compares to Hashirama, who is compared to the Sage as well. Common sense, really.

~Yubel~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He raped his former teachers aswell as his student which are all legends in their own rights, doesn´t that make him something of a god? Hence "God of Shinobi".

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hiruzen's power has a lot to do with why he has the nickname he does, at least, in my opinion. You state as much in your opening post by saying he mastered every form of combat. You can't master every form and not be incredibly powerful.

The biggest thing from that is being called "History's Strongest". And him being listed as the strongest hokage would give him hype that compares to Hashirama, who is compared to the Sage as well. Common sense, really.
Alright this is my last post on this subject.

Itachi has pretty much mastered all forms of shinobi combat if you want to go by the databook considering he has 5 in everything bar the ones affected by his health. Scratch that he has 4.5 in taijutsu, but a 5 in ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, and hand seals. While Itachi is indeed very powerful, he's not a God.

Just because you master all forms of shinobi combat doesn't make you monstrously powerful. As I said earlier Hiruzen seemes to sepcialize in elemental jutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, ninja tools, and summons and that won't cut it against some of the top tier opponents such as Madara, Naruto, Tobi, Nagato, Hashirama, and etc.

I know he's powerful, but he's not some unstoppable shinobi like you seem to think.

Also when it said history's strongest it was in reference to the hokages, not history in general.

TouchMyMangos

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The idea of 'God of shinobi' does indeed refer to his incredible feat of mastering all known jutsu in Konoha. I thought that was obvious. I hardly see how anyone could become confused enough to suggest that puts him on Rikudo Sennin's level.

In contrast, Hiruzen is a very underrated Hokage by many, despite the undeniable fact that he has been stated to be the strongest hokage throughout the manga on many occasions. I believe that it is a title that both he and Hashirama have claims to own. This does indeed point to the fact that, in his prime, he was probably capable of defeating 90% upwards of all known shinobi, barring 6 or 7.

Nidaime Pupil

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm pretty sure Hiruzens "God of Shinobi" title might be related to his level of power. lol In fact I'm sure of it. "No, new info overrides the old" - Incorrect sorry this is one timeline.

The Sage was the god of shinobi - not a nickname. Hiruzen was given the title and thus being compared to the Sage like Kakashi said above but obviously is not this super powered monstrosity like you have said. He has immense power I'm just going to have to apologize for the people that say he is superman or something and unbeatable. I'm sure you know a lot of dumb people post dumb thing nowadays.

In my opinion, the First Hokage was the strongest but Hiruzen was not that far off. I mean, the great thing about this story and show as a whole, is that all the Hokage were super bad ass right? None of them were weak (Tsunade excluded) why can't we just appreciate four bad asses?

MasterofSenjutsu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm pretty sure Hiruzens "God of Shinobi" title might be related to his level of power. lol In fact I'm sure of it. "No, new info overrides the old" - Incorrect sorry this is one timeline.

The Sage was the god of shinobi - not a nickname. Hiruzen was given the title and thus being compared to the Sage like Kakashi said above but obviously is not this super powered monstrosity like you have said. He has immense power I'm just going to have to apologize for the people that say he is superman or something and unbeatable. I'm sure you know a lot of dumb people post dumb thing nowadays.

In my opinion, the First Hokage was the strongest but Hiruzen was not that far off. I mean, the great thing about this story and show as a whole, is that all the Hokage were super bad ass right? None of them were weak (Tsunade excluded) why can't we just appreciate four bad asses?
I don't think Tsunade is weak. I mean, she has some hard competition going against her when ranking Hokages. The weakest Hokage, sure. But she isn't weak.

Blaze Release

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whilst i agree that for all his hype his barely has any feats and this is kishi's fault.
I am however going to say in his prime he should be able to fight on par with nagato and current naruto. Who would win is another question.

The thing is prime hiruzen couldve been the only person in the databook to get a maximum for everything, that is a fact. In his old age, stamina, speed and strength is what let him down and even that he gained 3/5 for these things. Kakashi has a 3/5 for stamina and a 3.5/5 for strength yet old hiruzen rivals him in this section of the databook.

Anbu commented that in his old age his chakra has greatly diminished which leads me to believe that in his prime he would get 5/5 for stamina;
You must be registered for see images

He also considered a transformed enma to be heavy. This clearly hints that in his prime he could wield a transformed enma as if it was nothing. Clearly hinting that his strength in prime could be 5/5;

Even in his old age he was still a shunshin user. In his prime ive no doubt he could get a 5/5 for speed;

Last edited:

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright this is my last post on this subject.

Itachi has pretty much mastered all forms of shinobi combat if you want to go by the databook considering he has 5 in everything bar the ones affected by his health. Scratch that he has 4.5 in taijutsu, but a 5 in ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, and hand seals. While Itachi is indeed very powerful, he's not a God.

Just because you master all forms of shinobi combat doesn't make you monstrously powerful. As I said earlier Hiruzen seemes to sepcialize in elemental jutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu, ninja tools, and summons and that won't cut it against some of the top tier opponents such as Madara, Naruto, Tobi, Nagato, Hashirama, and etc.

I know he's powerful, but he's not some unstoppable shinobi like you seem to think.

Also when it said history's strongest it was in reference to the hokages, not history in general.
The difference between Hiruzen and Itachi, though, is that Hiruzen had(supposedly) the strength, the stamina and the speed mastered just as well as he did everything else. He is probably what would be considered the most well rounded ninja ever, being strong enough, fast enough, smart enough, being able to last as long as anyone and having the mastery of each form of combat to go up against anyone.

I love how you say he specializes in elemental ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu and has an extremely powerful summon like it isn't good enough. And, no, he's not on a higher level than everyone in this series. I'm only saying that he could fight, and compete with, most ninja(edo madara and Naruto/Sasuke excluded). He's no easy victory for anybody. He was considered the greatest among 2 generations for a reason(among the kages). At the age of 69 Kabuto stated him to be the strongest among the kages, and he was considered the greatest among the kages in his younger years, as well.

GofOfNothing

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mastering something like ninjutsu doesn't equate to having every ninjutsu in history. It simply means that he was extremely skilled in that category. Take Itachi for example, he's a master of genjutsu but only possesses several genjutsu techniques. It's his skill with it.

I never tried to slight his nickname, only to state that it doesn't mean he was some monstrously powerful shinobi capable of defeating anybody. If people truly believe that then it's just pure idiocy that even I can't help out with.
but what if it means that?
did we saw him fighting ?
no one besides kishi knows how strong he was in his prime
maybe it was meant literally but maybe it was not
who knows?
i respect your opinion but because YOU think its not meant literally you cant say he was not an monstrously powerful shinobi

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference between Hiruzen and Itachi, though, is that Hiruzen had(supposedly) the strength, the stamina and the speed mastered just as well as he did everything else. He is probably what would be considered the most well rounded ninja ever, being strong enough, fast enough, smart enough, being able to last as long as anyone and having the mastery of each form of combat to go up against anyone.

I love how you say he specializes in elemental ninjutsu, taijutsu, genjutsu and has an extremely powerful summon like it isn't good enough. And, no, he's not on a higher level than everyone in this series. I'm only saying that he could fight, and compete with, most ninja(edo madara and Naruto/Sasuke excluded). He's no easy victory for anybody. He was considered the greatest among 2 generations for a reason(among the kages). At the age of 69 Kabuto stated him to be the strongest among the kages, and he was considered the greatest among the kages in his younger years, as well.
You're free to believe what you want because as I said I'm done debating this subject. This thread wasn't meant to discuss Hiruzen's ranking in power.

but what if it means that?
did we saw him fighting ?
no one besides kishi knows how strong he was in his prime
maybe it was meant literally but maybe it was not
who knows?
i respect your opinion but because YOU think its not meant literally you cant say he was not an monstrously powerful shinobi
When I said that I meant in relation to people like the SO6P and edo Madara.

Whilst i agree that for all his hype his barely has any feats and this is kishi's fault.
I am however going to say in his prime he should be able to fight on par with nagato and current naruto. Who would win is another question.

The thing is prime hiruzen couldve been the only person in the databook to get a maximum for everything, that is a fact. In his old age, stamina, speed and strength is what let him down and even that he gained 3/5 for these things. Kakashi has a 3/5 for stamina and a 3.5/5 for strength yet old hiruzen rivals him in this section of the databook.

Anbu commented that in his old age his chakra has greatly diminished which leads me to believe that in his prime he would get 5/5 for stamina;

He also considered a transformed enma to be heavy. This clearly hints that in his prime he could wield a transformed enma as if it was nothing. Clearly hinting that his strength in prime could be 5/5;

Even in his old age he was still a shunshin user. In his prime ive no doubt he could get a 5/5 for speed;

Everything you mentioned is true, but none of it proves how he could fight on par with Nagato or Naruto. He's shown nothing capable of blocking a bijuu bomb the size that Naruto can produce, destroy chibaku tensei, or anything like that.

Look people I'm not saying he's not powerful, only that he's not this WTF insanely OP shinobi like some of you make him out to be.

Last edited:

EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're free to believe what you want because as I said I'm done debating this subject. This thread wasn't meant to discuss Hiruzen's ranking in power.
Then you're misleading in your thread. Power has a lot to do with his nickname. Being called a God of Shinobi obviously has something to do with power. You're stating your opinion on what his nickname means, and I'm stating mine. I'm completely on topic with everything I've been saying.

-Vegeta-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then you're misleading in your thread. Power has a lot to do with his nickname. Being called a God of Shinobi obviously has something to do with power. You're stating your opinion on what his nickname means, and I'm stating mine. I'm completely on topic with everything I've been saying.
I'm not misleading anything. You started the debate about his ranking in power saying he could defeat this shinobi and that shinobi. That had nothing to do with the topic at hand. The topic was to give my opinion of what the name God of Shinobi meant and see what other people thought. It had nothing to do with his ranking in power.

Blaze Release

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everything you mentioned is true, but none of it proves how he could fight on par with Nagato or Naruto. He's shown nothing capable of blocking a bijuu bomb the size that Naruto can produce, destroy chibaku tensei, or anything like that.

Look people I'm not saying he's not powerful, only that he's not this WTF insanely OP shinobi like some of you make him out to be.
The thing is we dont know whether he could win a fight against nagato or current naruto thats for sure. What we do know is that he would challenge them, that is certain. Also we dont know whether he has techniques to block tbb or ct. What we do know is that he was called professor for supposedly mastering quiet alot of konoha's ninjutsu's.