Owarij

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
/facepalm people are yet to realize that kishi simply upped the powerlevels in part 2..

Its not that he retconned the statement... but part 1 hashirama,tobirama and hiruzen look like shit compared to part 2 things... if kishi could have rewrote the oro vs hiruzen fight , hiruzen would have shown much better feats im sure of it.. but that was years ago before he.....

His statement still stands though... hiruzen was praised as the strongest hokage...

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
/facepalm people are yet to realize that kishi simply upped the powerlevels in part 2..

Its not that he retconned the statement... but part 1 hashirama,tobirama and hiruzen look like shit compared to part 2 things... if kishi could have rewrote the oro vs hiruzen fight , hiruzen would have shown much better feats im sure of it.. but that was years ago before he.....

His statement still stands though... hiruzen was praised as the strongest hokage...
His statement only stands because of the exact wording. If Kabuto in the recent chapters had said that Hashirama was the strongest Hokage, instead of saying that he was comparable to the SO6P then you would be singing a different tune.

I for one don't believe in any hype, but that is just me, and I don't care how strong he was as Hokage, because he is dead and Naruto is going to be far above everyone else ever.

Datguyjr

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm calling ducktales about Hiruzen's prime strength until I see it. From what was shown, he doesn't compete with current Naruto, Tobi, & Madara IMO

Owarij

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His statement only stands because of the exact wording. If Kabuto in the recent chapters had said that Hashirama was the strongest Hokage, instead of saying that he was comparable to the SO6P then you would be singing a different tune.

I for one don't believe in any hype, but that is just me, and I don't care how strong he was as Hokage, because he is dead and Naruto is going to be far above everyone else ever.

Of course you believe in hype, you're just picky .... and you cant be bias with hype...

Would you sit here and tell me tenten can defeat white fang?
when all he has is hype by minato and some random ninja?

no...tenten cant defeat him... you go with the hype... but why wont you go with hiruzens hype? , as i said pick and choosing which hype suits you best

Exaar

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why Are Peopl saying hashirama is compareable to the Sage, Thats just Laughable.

Kabuto Only Stated than no Ninja alive Anymore in on his Level, (meaning there used to be)

Also he said that his Strength is a Fairy Tale, Just like the sages strength is considered to be only a Fairtale/Myth.

Saying they both of Their Strengths are that of FairyTales/Myths doesn't put them on the Same level, Or hashirama anywhere Near the sages Level.

Just like the "God of shinobi" Title doesn't make hiruzen Compareable to the sage.

Noobastank

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The databooks where Hiruzen was mentioned as the strongest hokage was way back during part 1. Kishi could've changed his mind considering all the hype he's given Hashirama and Minato in part 2. Hiruzen's name has been nonexistent in part 2**.

Meh the fight between him, 2 nerfed hokages, and Orochimaru is overrated. Hashirama and Tobirama didn't even use their best jutsu(s/t jutsu and wood style flower world) and I'm sure plenty of shinobi from part 2 could perform as well as Hiruzen did in that fight. The only problem would be sealing the edos. Onoki could probably perform better since he could most likely kill Orochimaru with his dust release since it destroys on a molecular scale and not even Orochimaru can tank that.

I wasn't talking about the hokages, only strength in general. Hashirama was said to have power comparable to the SO6P and is said to be the only one capable of defeating Madara. Minato was said to be unrivaled, unparalleled, and unsurpassed in strength. I'm not saying these are all true, but it just goes to show that hype is flawed and is contradicted a lot.
In the data book 2 it also states he surpassed his predecessors. i understand what you say about hype. if that is the case we can only read and see. If The third was well experinced in most of the leafs jutsu, than i believe there is a counter to all of the the firsts moves. I do believe the third in his prime can defeat the first in his prime. He trained under the first and second so im sure he would have the knowledge to counter and defeat them seeing as though he in perfect in ninjutsu taijutsu and genjutsu. Though the serious does not show much of the third it is hard to say how effective he really was. Though the manga is contradictory to who the strongest is, because the creator says he is the strongest he is by default. As far as i can see the strongest is hashirama but thats my opinion, the facts themselves state otherwise.

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Of course you believe in hype, you're just picky .... and you cant be bias with hype...

Would you sit here and tell me tenten can defeat white fang?
when all he has is hype by minato and some random ninja?

no...tenten cant defeat him... you go with the hype... but why wont you go with hiruzens hype? , as i said pick and choosing which hype suits you best
Well I have seen Ten-Ten's abilities. We have not seen White Fang's but we do know that he was a jounin and saved all of his squad from the enemy once.

That is a feat which by itself eclipses everything that Ten-Ten has ever done, except for perhaps finding the banana fan, which then drained her chakra so much that she almost died.

Also we know what Hiruzen's abilities were, the only thing we don't know is how fast, strong, and intelligent he was. Most of the jutsu he has is known to us though, as he was known for knowing Konoha's ninjutsu. Even that statement is loaded by false hype though.

And if we were to believe Minato then the White Fang was supposedly near the level of Sannin, which I find very hard to believe.

And the hype of Hiruzen is ludicrous, that is why I choose not to believe it. He obviously can't have mastered every jutsu in Konoha, so his nickname "the professor" is a misnomer, and the nickname "god of shinobi" is a massive overrating of him.

Darkakatsuki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarutobi never defeated or even fought any of the Kage in his era otherwise it would have been mentioned by now. We know that the third raikage was only EVER injured once, and that was by his own technique, and then died fighting 10000 iwa shinobi from chakra exhaustion after three days, so the question here becomes, how did peopkle judge Sarutobi to be stronger then this guy, because they clearly havent fought before, or if they did, Hiruzen never injured him since he was only injured by his own tech against the eight tails, so he wouldnt have beaten him. Another thing is the third Mizukage, the third Mizukage was Tobi, and we know for a FACT that they never fought, no one even knew who was the third Mizukage except for Kisame, those OP shinobi that Hiruzen never fought, or at least that it what it looks like if we cross reference the manga info, so how is it that Hiruzen can be considered stronger then these Kages of his era when he never bested them in battle?

There isnt even any evidence that he fought Onoki, in the first war Onoki fought Madara, in the second Konoha fought against Kumo, where the second died against 20 bounty ninjas of Kumo and konoha retreated after that, and then they fought Ame, where the sannin were beaten up by Hanzo, in the third war they fought Iwa, this is where maybe he should have fought Onoki and beaten him, but we all know that Minato was the hero against Iwa and it most likely that he was the one that fought Onoki, otherwise then Hiruzen would have been the hero of that war. The sandaime Kazekage was said to be the strongest Kazekage and was beaten by sasori.

Now that we have cross referenced the I must admit incomplete, but still sufficient information, what did Hiruzen do to earn this status as 'strongest of his era'?

More importantly, why is it that only his admirers have talked about him being the greatest and none of the 'enemy' shinobi or people who have no connections to him?

He was praised by Orochimaru, who was his "FAVORITE" student.
Praised by Iruka, who was his surrogate grand son, lets face it, Iruka was just like Naruto to Hiruzen, he was always there for Iruka as a child and gave him words of wisdom and encouragement. These two opinions can not be taken seriously, they are very subjective because they were the opinions of people with close ties to him.

Its just like when Kakashi said that Naruto was the only one who could surpass the fourth, implyiong that the fourth was above everyone else. But we know Kakshi was his student, we simplky cannot take that opinion ar face value.

Jiraiya also said that everyone pailed in comparison to the fourth, but again, this is his sensei, it is a subjective opinion.

Even kabuto cant be taken seriously, when he was pawning Tsubade, he even BEGGED her to up her performance because she was according to him 'embarrassing' the name of the group that his 'Orochimaru sama' belonged to. In other words, Kabuto was looking for reasons to praise her just because it woukld make Oro look weak for beeing grouped under the same category as the at the time underperforming tsuande. Kabuto's words cant be taken at face value too, because he could have just been, just like with Tsunade, giving praise to Hiruzen on the basis that he was associated with Oro as his sensei.

Yotsuki A fought the fourth and after being at the receiving end of a beating from the fourth, gave a biased opinion claiming the fourth could never be surpassed simply because he pawned him and his brother. Chojurou gave props to Kisame, who is his senpei from the same elite organisation of Kiri, and claimed that Kisame would never fall. Zetsu gave two fellow members of Akatsuki props, claiming Itachi was invincible and that Pein was undefeatable. Naruto said that Kakashi, his own sensei, had a better nose then Kiba, but only a few arcs later during the eight man sasuke persuit, Kiba proved those claims to be complete nonsense and kakshi and his ninken even admitted it.

Naruto also said some obsurd things, claiming that Kakashi was smarter then shikamaru and had better eyes then Sasuke, but Asuma saisd that Shikamaru had the highest IQ he had ever heard of and frequently refered to him as being the smartest guy he knew, and gues what, he knew kakshi too, and Orochimaru, Tobi, and Kabuto have all claimed that Sasuke had even better eys then Itachi, Tobi even noting Sasuke's use of the sharingan as out of this world.

What is the point I was trying to get acrross her, basically I'm trying to give props to Kishi and point out the ignorance of most of the people of Narutobase. Kishi understands the real world perfectly and has adjusted his manga to fit it almnost perfectly, in other words he understands human nature. People in real life are biased, and so why shouldnt the people in his manga be biased, it wouldnt be realistic otherwise. People keep trolling Kishi for contradicting himself but Kishi hasnt really done that, everytime contradicting statements have come up in the manga, they have been from a certain 'CHARACTER'S perspective, not neccessarily the author was saying it.

For example, go to spain and ask the la liga players who is the best soccer player in the spanish league, some will say Ronaldo for sure, others will say messi for sure, who should we believe out of those people? Sure messi won the ballon D'or or whatever, but if you looked at the votes, you would see at least a third of the votes to ronaldo, people arent always of the same oipinion even when they see the same things.

As I said befire, Kishi knows this human trate and has applied it well in his manga, thats why Kabuto was able to say that Hashirama's power was like a myth just like the sage of the six paths, people dont resally look at things in the context of the situation or position of the person. That line didnt translate directly to Hashirama being the strongest ever, Kabuto made comments before that that give a better understanding that statement, forshadow it so to speak. He noted Hashirama's power over the tree world, and then noted his power over the flower world, after that he followed comparing that power to that of the sage as being mythical and said there were no shinobi like him anymore. In other words, Kabuto was comparing the nature of hashirama's power to that of the sage, not that his power was of that level or that he was that strong, just that the things his power could do were sureal, offcourse creating life at all is mythical, much more when it is of that scale, but that does not equal to Hashi is the strongest, just that no one could use that kind of power, after all, a tool is only as strong as its wielder. There are no shinobi with mythical powers like that but that doesnt mean that there are no shinobi strong enough to besat him, creating life is ristricted to Hashirama.

In any case no one has said that Hiruzen is the strongest, Oro, Kabuto, and Iruka noted that 'IT WAS SAID' that he is strongest, they didnt outright say, 'HE IS THE STRONGEST', nevertheless I could be wrong about everything ZI said, I'm not arrrogant enough to make my words out to be absolute fact, just an analysis of what I think Kishi was tryna do with all these contradicting statements.

Reactions: ajpn920

ajpn920

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarutobi never defeated or even fought any of the Kage in his era otherwise it would have been mentioned by now. We know that the third raikage was only EVER injured once, and that was by his own technique, and then died fighting 10000 iwa shinobi from chakra exhaustion after three days, so the question here becomes, how did peopkle judge Sarutobi to be stronger then this guy, because they clearly havent fought before, or if they did, Hiruzen never injured him since he was only injured by his own tech against the eight tails, so he wouldnt have beaten him. Another thing is the third Mizukage, the third Mizukage was Tobi, and we know for a FACT that they never fought, no one even knew who was the third Mizukage except for Kisame, those OP shinobi that Hiruzen never fought, or at least that it what it looks like if we cross reference the manga info, so how is it that Hiruzen can be considered stronger then these Kages of his era when he never bested them in battle?

There isnt even any evidence that he fought Onoki, in the first war Onoki fought Madara, in the second Konoha fought against Kumo, where the second died against 20 bounty ninjas of Kumo and konoha retreated after that, and then they fought Ame, where the sannin were beaten up by Hanzo, in the third war they fought Iwa, this is where maybe he should have fought Onoki and beaten him, but we all know that Minato was the hero against Iwa and it most likely that he was the one that fought Onoki, otherwise then Hiruzen would have been the hero of that war. The sandaime Kazekage was said to be the strongest Kazekage and was beaten by sasori.

Now that we have cross referenced the I must admit incomplete, but still sufficient information, what did Hiruzen do to earn this status as 'strongest of his era'?

More importantly, why is it that only his admirers have talked about him being the greatest and none of the 'enemy' shinobi or people who have no connections to him?

He was praised by Orochimaru, who was his "FAVORITE" student.
Praised by Iruka, who was his surrogate grand son, lets face it, Iruka was just like Naruto to Hiruzen, he was always there for Iruka as a child and gave him words of wisdom and encouragement. These two opinions can not be taken seriously, they are very subjective because they were the opinions of people with close ties to him.

Its just like when Kakashi said that Naruto was the only one who could surpass the fourth, implyiong that the fourth was above everyone else. But we know Kakshi was his student, we simplky cannot take that opinion ar face value.

Jiraiya also said that everyone pailed in comparison to the fourth, but again, this is his sensei, it is a subjective opinion.

Even kabuto cant be taken seriously, when he was pawning Tsubade, he even BEGGED her to up her performance because she was according to him 'embarrassing' the name of the group that his 'Orochimaru sama' belonged to. In other words, Kabuto was looking for reasons to praise her just because it woukld make Oro look weak for beeing grouped under the same category as the at the time underperforming tsuande. Kabuto's words cant be taken at face value too, because he could have just been, just like with Tsunade, giving praise to Hiruzen on the basis that he was associated with Oro as his sensei.

Yotsuki A fought the fourth and after being at the receiving end of a beating from the fourth, gave a biased opinion claiming the fourth could never be surpassed simply because he pawned him and his brother. Chojurou gave props to Kisame, who is his senpei from the same elite organisation of Kiri, and claimed that Kisame would never fall. Zetsu gave two fellow members of Akatsuki props, claiming Itachi was invincible and that Pein was undefeatable. Naruto said that Kakashi, his own sensei, had a better nose then Kiba, but only a few arcs later during the eight man sasuke persuit, Kiba proved those claims to be complete nonsense and kakshi and his ninken even admitted it.

Naruto also said some obsurd things, claiming that Kakashi was smarter then shikamaru and had better eyes then Sasuke, but Asuma saisd that Shikamaru had the highest IQ he had ever heard of and frequently refered to him as being the smartest guy he knew, and gues what, he knew kakshi too, and Orochimaru, Tobi, and Kabuto have all claimed that Sasuke had even better eys then Itachi, Tobi even noting Sasuke's use of the sharingan as out of this world.

What is the point I was trying to get acrross her, basically I'm trying to give props to Kishi and point out the ignorance of most of the people of Narutobase. Kishi understands the real world perfectly and has adjusted his manga to fit it almnost perfectly, in other words he understands human nature. People in real life are biased, and so why shouldnt the people in his manga be biased, it wouldnt be realistic otherwise. People keep trolling Kishi for contradicting himself but Kishi hasnt really done that, everytime contradicting statements have come up in the manga, they have been from a certain 'CHARACTER'S perspective, not neccessarily the author was saying it.

For example, go to spain and ask the la liga players who is the best soccer player in the spanish league, some will say Ronaldo for sure, others will say messi for sure, who should we believe out of those people? Sure messi won the ballon D'or or whatever, but if you looked at the votes, you would see at least a third of the votes to ronaldo, people arent always of the same oipinion even when they see the same things.

As I said befire, Kishi knows this human trate and has applied it well in his manga, thats why Kabuto was able to say that Hashirama's power was like a myth just like the sage of the six paths, people dont resally look at things in the context of the situation or position of the person. That line didnt translate directly to Hashirama being the strongest ever, Kabuto made comments before that that give a better understanding that statement, forshadow it so to speak. He noted Hashirama's power over the tree world, and then noted his power over the flower world, after that he followed comparing that power to that of the sage as being mythical and said there were no shinobi like him anymore. In other words, Kabuto was comparing the nature of hashirama's power to that of the sage, not that his power was of that level or that he was that strong, just that the things his power could do were sureal, offcourse creating life at all is mythical, much more when it is of that scale, but that does not equal to Hashi is the strongest, just that no one could use that kind of power, after all, a tool is only as strong as its wielder. There are no shinobi with mythical powers like that but that doesnt mean that there are no shinobi strong enough to besat him, creating life is ristricted to Hashirama.

In any case no one has said that Hiruzen is the strongest, Oro, Kabuto, and Iruka noted that 'IT WAS SAID' that he is strongest, they didnt outright say, 'HE IS THE STRONGEST', nevertheless I could be wrong about everything ZI said, I'm not arrrogant enough to make my words out to be absolute fact, just an analysis of what I think Kishi was tryna do with all these contradicting statements.
agreed..+ rep

startup97

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarutobi being able to handle the 1st, 2nd and Orochimaru while being confined in a space by the sound 4 is a testament to how powerful he was. Hiruzen also had keen senses, being able to track down the former Hokage under Hashirama Senju's Bringer-of-Darkness Technique. Enma commented on his battle with Orochimaru, saying that it was miserable compared to his prime, even though he had clearly been able to hold his own against Orochimaru and two former Hokage without losing his composure. He still had the skill and agility to place explosive tags on both the first and second hokage's legs at the same time. Knowing all the techniques of Konoha hes probably developed defences against them. Even in his old age, his chakra was noted for being very strong, causing a dense effect on the atmosphere when released furthermore, he was known for having immense reserves of chakra in his youth. People might say a person like Itachi would get him in a genjutsu. The 3rd being a student of the 1st and 2nd probably taught him how to counter the many Sharingan techniques. Hiruzen was also called The Professor (プロフェッサー, Purofessā), due to his mastery of all forms of shinobi combat, and his vast knowledge of techniques, purportedly knowing all the techniques within Konoha. He was admired as The God Of Shinobi and Only him and the Sage Of Six Paths share the nick name God Of Shinobi
You must be registered for see images

He was old and had very little chakra while fighting Orochimaru. One of the Anbu members mentioned that his primary fighting style was to fight with Shadow Clone just like Naruto but he had to reserve his chakra so he only brought 2. Using Rasengan or Chidori would have drained his chakra too much. It wouldn't be a smart thing to do. The only way was to seal both the Hokages. He was able to counter Tobirama and Hashirama in close combat, despite them being in their prime in the Summoning Impure World Reincarnation. Even when robbed of his sight from the genjutsu Bringer-of-Darkness Technique, he could still defend himself from Hashirama's and Tobirama's assaults, blocking all their attacks to prepare for his Dead Demon Consuming Seal. After summoning Enma, he could break Hashirama's Wood Release branches with ease. Even when someone as powerful as Danzo was dying he admitted that Hiruzen Sarutobi was steps ahead of him still. Strength, Speed and Stamina have all been hindered because of his old age. Sarutobi was said to have monsteres strength compared to the other Hokages. His strength would have most likely been and 4 because of being able to lift the heavy Enma pole at old age with some difficulty, Let's say in prime he could have lifted Enma with ease. Almost all the jounin's speed have a speed average of 4. His speed is very fast even in his old age. His prime would have been much faster but not as fast the 4th Hokage or Guy. I'd give him a 4.5 for being able to match speed evenly with Orochimaru at old age which means his speed back then must have been a lot better.
His stamina was greatly decreased becuase of old age. But his chakra made a dense affect on the field. It was said his primary style to fight with was the shadow clone which he couldn't do too much or any other Konoha technique because of low chakra. As we all know Shadow Clone Jutsu requires a lot of chakra. To have his primary style be Shadow Clone must mean his Chakra back in prime must have been much higher. It would have been like Naruto without the Nine Tails. It would have been 4.
All the rest of the scores have a perfect 5 in Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Taijutsu which is impressive considering his old age. In total his data book score would have been 37.5 surpassing both Itachi and Jiraiya who have 35.5 as the highest in the data book. Just IMO

romeboii

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ummm just so you kno if the characters in the show says he stronger then the othe kage of his time you cant argue with them plus no one said in those wars that they fought only one village they were "great shinobi world wars" so i figure that there were prolly certain alliances such as sand and konaha vs iwa and mist it is stated that iwa and sand have a long history of was against each other