Clearing the Misconception of Sarada vs Boruto CQC - Ikemoto' struggle with fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Comprehension lessons are HIGHLY advised. I mentioned that Boruto wasn't serious against Sarada otherwise he would have used his shadowclones which is one of his main ability. The fight you decided to link clearly support my narrative since he used them to start the fight, doesn't matter if the original Boruto take down an opponent because that wasn't my point.

Concession accepted and I repeat comprehension lessons advised :win:

Have a good night. :)
Not really if anything the scan supports my narrative it was a serious fight(Daimyo's son's life was at stake) and he doesn't use shadow clones unless necessary otherwise he'd use them against all opponents ina aserious fight. So therefore Boruto can and does fight seriously without shadow clones and as he claimed in the manga panel against Sarada. And he got dealt with low difficulty.

Your concession is accepted and comprehension lessons are advised.

Have a good night.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
BOLD: So now you come to admit that Ikemoto drawing perspective was vague and unsettling with these particular panel.

Another problem with your statement is that if what you said were true in regards to Boruto set on the ground, then we would've seen the horizon line through backround platform. There is a gap between Boruto armpit where he's still in the air while in motion.
I already agreed it can be, don’t see what the point is there, unfortunately the lines are there, clear as day, for the 2 people in the air, not at all in the slightest for the one on the ground. Plus your argument is weak at best, when he could easily be resting on his forearms and it aligns with the panel. Your gonna make a thread about an inconsistent artist and then try to use a background object not being where it’s supposed to be to prove your point? Your joking right? Get someone else over here

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This scene is not as complicated as some are trying to make it out to be. I agree sometimes Ikemoto draws something that is physically impossible or confusing, however this fight is not one of them. The fight went just like this:
1) Boruto rushes to sarada
2) Sarada blocks/parrys all of Boruto attacks
3) Sarada spin and sweep kick Boruto from behind his leg
4) Boruto falls down and Sarada sees Mitsuki coming at her from above

Hold your horse.

3) If what you said are true then 4) Where in the BOLD do you see it?? Also Sarada was clearly looking at Boruto since like I said before that's his pant therefore that completely eliminate your theory that it was from Mitsuki Attack

5) Boruto starts to get up as Mitsuki tries to drop kick sarada from above and Sarada jumps up
5) BOLD: Nowhere in the panels shows Boruto getting up from the ground. That's your Headcanon.

Like someone else said the reason scenes look as if time is skipped is because time is skipped. Still the next panel tells you exactly what happened.
Ikemoto needs to put more effort in posing because these "time skipped" wasnt set up properly.

Last edited:

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I already agreed it can be, don’t see what the point is there, unfortunately the lines are there, clear as day, for the 2 people in the air, not at all in the slightest for the one on the ground. Plus your argument is weak at best, when he could easily be resting on his forearms and it aligns with the panel. Your gonna make a thread about an inconsistent artist and then try to use a background object not being where it’s supposed to be to prove your point? Your joking right? Get someone else over here

BOLD: You could be possibly right but nothing what you said suggest anything either. From the way he was presenting in that panel, Boruto looks like he twist his torso body as his roundhouse kick therefore it's easy to suggest that his arm is tucking underneath his upper body. Although I can't be absolutely certain as well, but you should atleast draw a horizon line to determine the height he's at in.

Last edited:

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good in depth analysis on Ikemoto's current missteps in fighting choreography

I have been seeing it lately with some of these fights and honestly you also see even more examples in the Movie arc... I couldn't really express the overall problem particularly but you've basically answered it for me with what the actual problem is/was. Now I know what the anime director was talking about in saying Ikemoto's fighting panels were hard to read compared to Kishimotos.

I feel this is a bigger problem then Ikemoto's obsession with heels, etc...

Also panel organization is incorrect as he makes it to grid like and narrow.

Last edited:

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good in depth analysis on Ikemoto's current missteps in fighting choreography

Been seeing it lately with these some of these fights and honestly you see some more examples in the Movie arc... Couldn't really express the overall problem particularly but you've basically enlightened me in what the actual problem was. Now I know what the anime director was talking about in saying Ikemoto's fighting panels were hard to read compared to Kishimotos.
Exactly What I am trying to convey. You cant take everything at face value with this amount of inconsistencies

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's really no need to damage control it. The author wants Sarada's hand to hand combat to be better this arc, after Boruto shined last Arc via Shojoji.

Overall strength isn't clear, IMO Boruto >> Sarada. But she might show better ninjutsu feats this Arc. So who knows really.

We are in chapter 18. No need to get panty twisted. They are close in strength until (imo) Boruto's Otsutsuki seal activates and/or awakens the Jogan.

Reviewing Logic

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Exactly What I am trying to convey. You cant take everything at face value with this amount of inconsistencies
Unfortunately this discussion would best be expressed in some artist forum or a more suited environment.

Since some people might not recognize certain comic/manga rules on paneling and angling. Also sadly on this forum it might just get lost into some Boruto vs Sarada mess or any other rivarly simplistic argument without reading your OP or actually understanding it.

Thinking via their emotions of it just being a Boruto vs Sarada thread they, as in some basers might turn your argument into something else entirely when not only have you proved the problem also being within another Sarada fighting scene but have also expressed it as an artistic problem in general.

Alas reading some of these posts it will forever be TOO thick for them to understand and so we get informative posts like some I will not name.

Last edited:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,434💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
when a friend tells another friend, "im coming at you seriously"
how many times do you think that equates to "i intend on killing you"?

just out curiosity.
not picking a side.
although he knew he had back up and as the initial attack was the diversionary.

just curious why everyone gets so riled up
It's a form of fanaticism of young virgins/singles for manga pairings, extending to next generation. Some of them have gone so deep inside that they have landed in Narnia and living in completely another world.

Closing this thread because of too many reports. A message to some of the trigger happy reporting people in here:

Do not waste our time reporting valid posts just because you-cannot-come-up-with-a-good-counter/don't-like-the-opinion/ don't-like-the-member-personally/ is-from-opposite-fan-camp. Otherwise we will infract you for abusing report button.

By now some of you have done this farce reporting so many times that staff has started to see your reports as the reports of the boy who cried wolf. Please read the rules carefully & report only when the post is breaking rules for real or genuinely problematic.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.