Clearing the Misconception of Sarada vs Boruto CQC - Ikemoto' struggle with fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would like to point out all this misinformation about how Ikemoto continues to demonstrate his poor illustration work with choreography and composition. His action scenes was poorly presented which I will analyze how these shots and angles was mishandled . From there I will identify the problems and his patterns based on his past mistakes.
I have many evidences to disprove from all the confusion that People got mixed up with the idea that Sarada tripped Boruto.

Yamashita Interview also commented Ikemoto as to how complicated it was to read his manga. I will provide more indepth later down the line once we undergo through this stuff first.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have inspected this misleading scenes in that shot where Sarada "kicked" Boruto and most of the people here got the impression based on the burst bubble box and this "awkward position" Boruto is in. With these manga scans ;; I'll be marking through every panels to highlight the confusion that made it seem like he got tripped but in actuality it wasn't the case at all.

You must be registered for see images

If you look again at other graphic layout with the exact same burst bubble box, the idea was different based on the SFX. The SFX was self explanatory and explained what happened toward these particular scene. When Boruto attacked Sarada with his gentle fist and made contact, the noise was "WHAP"

So we all ASSUMED the "WHAP" noise can be same applied when it occurred with Sarada slide Kicked Boruto and made physical contact HOWEVER the situation was complete different. Instead what we got here is that the SFX was "FWIP"

This is further evident to these particular scans that I'm comparing to.

Now its questionable why Boruto made this speech bubble in a quote "UGH" however "FWIP" noise is the after duration of speed movement without making any kind of contact. This likely means that Boruto had to force himself up in the air by lifting all of his weight and make a round house kick which leads to a small panel where Boruto sweep with his leg. To be ABSOLUTELY ascertain about this, this small panel was indeed Boruto because you can tell by the pattern of the ankle strip of the pant.

Right After this small panel, We see that while Mitsuki intervened with a straight kick, Boruto was still in a midway to kick her but he was a bit too slow. So instead Mitsuki find himself the opportunity to strike. In that very same panel, the dialogue box gave us the explanatory that it was the KICK where Both Boruto and Mitsuki was in Kicking Stance.
Mitsuki made a FWOOP noise which is another variation of FWIP and as soon as he restrained her with his stretchy noise, SFX was infer with "GRAB"

Comparing with all other burst bubble, SFX was completely different than we initially thought.

Here Is Another Shocking Value. The Main Reason why they had to make the Burst Box so Big in that particular panel where Sarada slid her feet on Boruto is because they had to CENSORED this shit to cover Sarada Panties. This Further SOLIDIFY that the intention here was done on purpose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on to the next point. Ikemoto does this really poor job in directing the scene and as a artist you should able to anticipate the angle correctly. This particular shot was confusing and some people concluded that the Kick perspective comes from Mitsuki kick which is reasonable to believe that HOWEVER we knew this pants belong to boruto because we saw that it has a line dissecting the middle of the strip. Plus Boruto was up in the air which means:

In other word, Ikemoto literally broke the axis of 180 degree rule and there are some sign with his repeated past mistakes.

In order to simplify it, you must maintain your camera position and follow the rules in cinematography where you must frame your shots carefully to show where people are looking at between the two characters. If you move the camera and crossover The 180° rule from your pre-established position, then clearly your characters will be flipped to the opposite direction and this will cause misleading and confusion. Look at the guideline for example, the green area is the safe zone and the red area is the danger zone.

There are couple tricks to go 360 however it requires it's only work if it's a brand new scene or some kind of obstacle or different set of area and location in a way that interfere the camera view with the intention of crossing the axis prior to the characters show up on screen.

Lets Delve in Deep with Sarada vs Mujina Thieves and breakdown how Ikemoto messed up and broke his own established rules with his manga.

Ikemoto Version

Here in these panels, Ikemoto started off with Sarada coming from the left direction. The green check is where he does his angle correctly. The marked Xs is where he flipped opposite direction.

As soon as Sarada knocked one of the thieve out,the next panel on the bottom left hand corner with the Xs[/B] clearly shows that the thieves were making a rebound from the direction Sarada came from. That's where Ikemoto messed up and doesn't follow the guideline properly.

Following the next consecutive panel, Ikemoto continues to demonstrate his flaws with having the thieve throwing shirukens from the the same left position.

Ikemoto remained inconsistent after she kicked the sword and went flip flop with Sarada where now she continue to pummel a thief from the right direction as oppose from the left.

Afterward, we see in extreme long shot, it concluded with sarada remained in the same spot as how it was established from the beginning however everything during that scene was absolutely convoluted.

With the Edited Fixed version I'd done, you can clearly understand the clear messages behind the scene.

EDITED FIXED VERSION

YAMASHITA INTERVIEW

In the Animation Chronicle booklet, Yamashita the Director of the Boruto Anime/ Movie literally stated that Ikemoto ninja action choreography was hard to depict and to adapt in the Anime because some of layout with the ninja action looked unclear.

In conclusion, I think Ikemoto completely blow out of proportion with the fighting sequences and how unclear it was portrayed in the manga therefore Boruto never got tripped by Sarada because of how ambiguous it was even the Anime Director support this claim and all the evidences to stack onto.

Reactions: Jiren

Jiren

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just stop. I mean this is a lot of effort to go after minor drawing errors. Nonetheless I think we can all agree kishimoto is the more superior artist of the naruto/Boruto manga

Last edited:

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pretty much :lmao:
The denial is real.
OT: you get A for effort and F for fanfic.
BOLD: It depends on how you interpreted the manga, but because of how vague and unclear the message was based on how the manga depicted then I guess your conclusion with this is also fanfic. It can go both ways but with my claims, I've been backed up with my evidences so therefore its the most possible scenario. Until we get to the point in the anime, then we know for sure what happened.

Last edited:

Melanin

Legendary
Kin
913💸
Kumi
540💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well that would be true if this is how you interpreted it.
That is how most interpret it. The reason borutos legs where in the air and shown moving across the screen is to emphasise the speed he was swept with. It show he was completely off balanced and because he tried to kick back.

Ps. You've backed it up with speculative evidences that are biased based upon what you perceive as the way the scenario played out. For us common folk we all see Boruto getting solo'd low difficulty whether we're his fans or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.