Clearing the Misconception of Sarada vs Boruto CQC - Ikemoto' struggle with fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You already got your answer ; he wasn't using the maximum of his abilities which mean he wasn't serious later come the fight where he is 100% serious ( against Shojoji )

I hope that clear up your confusion.
So your saying he wasn't serious in the fight which he was trying to save the daimyo's son? Of which part was defeating mujina without using shadow clones.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So your saying he wasn't serious in the fight which he was trying to save the daimyo's son? Of which part was defeating mujina without using shadow clones.
You are right, he wasn't serious aka not using 100% of his abilities against them. I repeat later come the fight where he is 100% serious ( against Shojoji )

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You got me right, he wasn't serious aka not using 100% of his abilities against them. I repeat later come the fight where he fought Shojoji seriously.
Using 100% of your abilities and being serious are two different things. Was saving Daimyo's son's life important yes or no ? And was he serious? I'm not asking about 100% of his abilities it's a simple question, or better yet was Boruto serious about saving the daimyo's son's life?

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Using 100% of your abilities and being serious are two different things. Was saving Daimyo's son's life important yes or no ? And was he serious? I'm not asking about 100% of his abilities it's a simple question, or better yet was Boruto serious about saving the daimyo's son's life?
I've read the chapter and seems like you are right, he was definitely serious and you skipped the part where he started the fight by using his shadowclones.

You must be registered for see images

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@bold, there’s your confusion, borutos on the ground, want proof? Every character in an air scenario or in motion in the manga has motion lines(unless they’re floating, at which point were still clearly notified by some other text bubble) because you can’t be stationary in the air otherwise, sarada has them, mitsuki has them, boruto does not, because he’s on the ground
Sarada was the last person to be beneath him So really in this case, it makes no sense if he's on the ground.

Secondly with that panel, it makes no sense to be on the ground with that kind of position.

I know what your tring to say but Ike made it as clear as it needs to be to get his point across. Anyway Boruto's ass and backwards motion, his head facing forward so not looking at Sarada are all indicators he was caught off guard and thrown like a rag doll.

I don't intend to repeat but if you've ever been swept or flipped your legs go through the air and try to find balance so they swing around. So Boruto falling or kicking wasn't happening there it was sweep emphasis. If Mitsuki didn't appear from above Boruto you'd have a point. Anyway I wont be repeating myself.

He wasn't looking at first, but by the time we reached to that panel, you can clearly tell that he moves his body swiftly toward sarada. You see with that panel he was clearly looking at Sarada right when she jumped up in mid air. Boruto was sweeping to make his kick.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've read the chapter and seems like you are right, he was definitely serious and you skipped the part where he started the fight by using his shadowclones.

I didn't skip that part I made it clear in an earlier post there were 2 opponents so he used shadow clones against them. When he was against single opponents he didn't use shadow clones against them. You agreed and conceded Boruto is serious even when he's not using shadow clones.

Thank you that's all I wanted to hear.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sarada was the last person to be beneath him So really in this case, it makes no sense if he's on the ground.

Secondly with that panel, it makes no sense to be on the ground with that kind of position.

He wasn't looking at first, but by the time we reached to that panel, you can clearly tell that he moves his body swiftly toward sarada. You see with that panel he was clearly looking at Sarada right when she jumped up in mid air. Boruto was sweeping to make his kick.
The problem is the panels are drawn the way the scene should be animated, the proper way to show that scene in the manga would of been for all 3 to be in it, with sarada slightly post trip looking up at mitsu, mitsu coming down at sarada and boruto midway through falling. Regardless, the lines are there to clearly show who’s in the air and in motion and who is not. The difference in the 2 panels is the time, seriously, it’s not that hard. It looks fine to me, and seems to look fine to everyone else except for a certain fan base

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The problem is the panels are drawn the way the scene should be animated, the proper way to show that scene in the manga would of been for all 3 to be in it, with sarada slightly post trip looking up at mitsu, mitsu coming down at sarada and boruto midway through falling. Regardless, the lines are there to clearly show who’s in the air and in motion and who is not. The difference in the 2 panels is the time, seriously, it’s not that hard. It looks fine to me, and seems to look fine to everyone else except for a certain fan base
And further proof of Sarada sweeping Boruto is the back of his jacket is in the air showing the speed with which he's swept. If he was jumping back or up his jacket wouldnt be in the air being him.

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't skip that part I made it clear in an earlier post there were 2 opponents so he used shadow clones against them. When he was against single opponents he didn't use shadow clones against them. You agreed and conceded Boruto is serious even when he's not using shadow clones.

Thank you that's all I wanted to hear.
Once again you take words out of my mouth to support your narrative, Boruto started the fight with his shadowclones.

Concession accepted :win:

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I get lost here. Are you saying that Sarada's stopped her leg way before than when Mitsuki's leg appeared on panel?
No, I’ts at the same time, but it’s after boruto’s been hit, if that’s what we’re talking about, I kinda got lost too responding to other people and trying to read everything, so it’s orobably my bad

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
BOLD: So now you come to admit that Ikemoto drawing perspective was vague and unsettling with these particular panel.

Another problem with your statement is that if what you said were true in regards to Boruto set on the ground, then we would've seen the horizon line through backround platform. There is a gap between Boruto armpit where he's still in the air while in motion.

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Once again you take words out of my mouth to support your narrative, Boruto started the fight with his shadowclones.

Concession accepted :win:
There's no concession except on your part. 2 shadow clones fought 2 opponents and Boruto fought single opponents he was serious all the way through the fight whether he fought 1 vs 1 or with shadow clones. Your concession is accepted and I thank you for confirming Boruto is serious even when he's not using shadow clones against an opponent.

Now make sure you stay on the topic at hand.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Four pages really?

Boruto got bested in CQC by Sarada, The End.
Don't tell that to some Hyuga fans (excluding me) they'll tell you so meting different.

I know OP us trying to show a different angle but it's pretty evident that Sarada took him out. However had Ike taken the month and illustrated 60 + pages we wouldn't have this issue.

Last edited:

Askeladd

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
10💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There's no concession except on your part. 2 shadow clones fought 2 opponents and Boruto fought single opponents he was serious all the way through the fight whether he fought 1 vs 1 or with shadow clones. Your concession is accepted and I thank you for confirming Boruto is serious even when he's not using shadow clones against an opponent.

Now make sure you stay on the topic at hand.
Comprehension lessons are HIGHLY advised. I mentioned that Boruto wasn't serious against Sarada otherwise he would have used his shadowclones which is one of his main ability. The fight you decided to link clearly support my narrative since he used them to start the fight, doesn't matter if the original Boruto take down an opponent because that wasn't my point.

Concession accepted and I repeat comprehension lessons advised :win:

Have a good night. :)

BlackBison

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This scene is not as complicated as some are trying to make it out to be. I agree sometimes Ikemoto draws something that is physically impossible or confusing, however this fight is not one of them. The fight went just like this:
1) Boruto rushes to sarada
2) Sarada blocks/parrys all of Boruto attacks
3) Sarada spin and sweep kick Boruto from behind his leg
4) Boruto falls down and Sarada sees Mitsuki coming at her from above
5) Boruto starts to get up as Mitsuki tries to drop kick sarada from above and Sarada jumps up
6) Mitsuki uses his stretchy arm jutsu to grab Sarada left arm and leg
7) Mitsuki throws sarada down and she lands on all four
8) Boruto jumps at Sarada and tries to punch her
9) Sarada uses the ninja tool
10) Sarada puts the kunai to both Boruto and Mitsuki throat
end of fight
Like someone else said the reason scenes look as if time is skipped is because time is skipped. Still the next panel tells you exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.