Elite
Kin
2,302💸
Kumi
463💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Things should be sorted out i don't write fan-fiction but i do write original stuff which I like doing, having to post it in fan fiction isn't the end of the world but is slightly lame. Also cant use the excuse that you cant have more sections because it is not active that is just saying, cant be bothered to adjust something because there is no traffic it should be adjusted to make it seem more organised and clean and once it does get active (hopefully) it will make much more sense to the users.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,031💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Things should be sorted out i don't write fan-fiction but i do write original stuff which I like doing, having to post it in fan fiction isn't the end of the world but is slightly lame. Also cant use the excuse that you cant have more sections because it is not active that is just saying, cant be bothered to adjust something because there is no traffic it should be adjusted to make it seem more organised and clean and once it does get active (hopefully) it will make much more sense to the users.
There should be at least five sections.

Poems, prose works, dramas, fanfictions and Other (Any writing format which does not fit in the previous four categories).

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Michael92
thats the problem i had , posting your original in fanfic site just goes nowhere . its not a bad thing eitherway most people have dream to write novel baseed on their fav character .

Reactions: AI380 and Michael92

Eos

Kin
71💸
Kumi
4,624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The fanfic section had original stories in the description. That's just where I posted mine since I too mostly do originals
Though, honestly, I'll probably use the poetry section the most

Reactions: Michael92

Eos

Kin
71💸
Kumi
4,624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The idea is that if it's original you use Prose, Poetry, Drama and Other.

If it's not original you use the Fanfiction prefix.
Perhaps I have a different view of what prose is. I always considered prose random thoughts or musings, like critical thinking or descriptions of scenes that are written to elicit emotion or imagery. Like...not really have a story just a scene.

I'd suggest more along the lines of:
Fanfic
Originals (would include short stories, novels, flash fiction, and even plays or scripts)
Poetry & Song

I don't see a need for Drama. It's too specific to try and target a certain genre of writing.
Fanfic is big enough it needs its own, and speaks to most members here.
Poetry & Song would include any sort of rhythmical writing like poetry, song lyrics. or spoken poetry.
Originals would include prose, short stories, novels, flash fiction, etc.

Perhaps an other as well

There doesn't need to be genres or anything more specific, honestly.

King Cobra

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To revive this section first thing first we need our writers back. Obviously. Secondly, I agree a huge contest can help revive however I'll give it a month or two. And third, before we even decided to go forward with anything we need to gauge the crowd do people even like reading FFs or OFs anymore? We as writers are always going to be interested and support each other, but for the crowd we want, those who are on the outside looking in. Are they even interested?

As for subsections and prefixes, I agree with Eos.

Reactions: Michael92 and Eos

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,735💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whoa, more posts here in one day than in this thread's entire history, lol. There's so much to talk about though, so first of:
Eos' prefixes matches my thoughts, any change to make this more appealing is a must and those seems to be the most reasonable and identifyable in my view, so why not.

Secondly, if we're going to revive this section so to speak, we obviously need new (and returning ones for that matter!) writers. The reason why the writers left in the first place is because the readers left, and why did the readers leave? Naruto manga ended, activity was dying... Now, reborn as Animebase there's huge potential for a great surge of all kinds of different members and with it, this section might get some attention again over time. It's not going to happen over night honestly and obviously, it will take time and effort. One thing for the new and old members to settle in, and another for the forum to start running fully optimalized with the latest new features and all that.

Thirdly, if we're going to bring back the contest, there's some stuff that needs consideration:

1; The format - After hosting it for 5+ years, Lawliet left the contests to Reborn. By that time we had had 5+ years of poll voting to determind the winner, which to some simply narrowed it down to a popularity contest. Now Reborn and I might have had our many differences in the later years, but at least he too realized that things were changing in the end and did his best to try to change the format to appeal to a more modern system, one step at a time. Who knows, with more staff and judge panel power it might not have been a bad idea, but it was always going to come down to the number of writers participating and people voting (or as in the last few contests, participating in the discussion of said contests), and even he knew the section was at its end when the next contest was left up in the air, never to be heard of again.

2; Who's going to hold the contest - Now this is the real question. Is Lawliet back for the full package and if not, is Reborn still interested in hosting this? Is he even still active? If neither, somebody else should take the reign in due time.

Now I could go on and make this an infamous wall-post of mine, but think I'm going to cut it short there for reading purposes. Think I covered most of the comments I read through since my last post.
Cheers~

To revive this section first thing first we need our writers back. Obviously. Secondly, I agree a huge contest can help revive however I'll give it a month or two. And third, before we even decided to go forward with anything we need to gauge the crowd do people even like reading FFs or OFs anymore? We as writers are always going to be interested and support each other, but for the crowd we want, those who are on the outside looking in. Are they even interested?

As for subsections and prefixes, I agree with Eos.
You narrowed everything I said down to a perfect size Tiquan, well spoken!

Reactions: Rei and Rohan

AI380

Elite
Kin
1,028💸
Kumi
581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
@Michael92

thats the problem i had , posting your original in fanfic site just goes nowhere . its not a bad thing eitherway most people have dream to write novel baseed on their fav character .
So I wasn't the only one who think of this
Most writers have some weird pride on their own works, most of them wouldn't like to categories their original work with fanfiction.

If adding more sections means more writers will write, why don't give it a try?