Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
<Banner coming soon>​

This is a place where the FF community can converse with each other in between the posting of the
You can help each other out, ask questions about writing in general whether it be Fanfictions, Originals work or even poems. You may discuss anything related to writing.

~Rules:

~Rules:

~Rules:

~Rules:

- Follow the forum rules
- This thread is for general everyday talk as agreed upon by the FF community in addition to anything writing related.
- Any user found to be misusing the thread should be reported directly to Lawliet via PM.
- Any member who spams or misuses this thread will be banned from it indefinitely.

-Please do post in the voting threads of each Fanfiction contest located
Clue 5: I was NB's Top Rated Member for years. On my profile, you will find your next clue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Michelle

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sweet, it's up! =D

Alright, I guess I'll just break the ice with a quick question: How people on here are aspiring writers? I know I heard Michael say that he's just writing FF's, while myself, ThatOneChick, Germanicus, Netsui, Shinobi Train, and a few others are all planning to be authors or screenwriters. In other words: Will the real writers please stand up? ...XD

Reactions: Dęvîa Puęrî

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sweet, it's up! =D

Alright, I guess I'll just break the ice with a quick question: How people on here are aspiring writers? I know I heard Michael say that he's just writing FF's, while myself, ThatOneChick, Germanicus, Netsui, Shinobi Train, and a few others are all planning to be authors or screenwriters. In other words: Will the real writers please stand up? ...XD
I see what you did there... But yeah, who knows... It's like driving (not that I have a license yet); you don't need to become a race driver, just because you know how to drive a car! ;) That's how I view it, but my only problem is that I was too ambitious with my own work, and ended up writing for three years, instead of three weeks as I planned XD

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see what you did there... But yeah, who knows... It's like driving (not that I have a license yet); you don't need to become a race driver, just because you know how to drive a car! ;) That's how I view it, but my only problem is that I was too ambitious with my own work, and ended up writing for three years, instead of three weeks as I planned XD
Ahh, but the real question is: Did I take that from To Tell the Truth...or The Real Slim Shady? XD

That's true, ain't it? Good point:) Depends on whether or not you have enough skill at it and fun doing it to make a living from it.

...Yeah, that's...pretty far off the mark, isn't it? XD

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, I hope I can get myself to actually get something published. I'm trying to write some deep, socially scathing stuff, and.my biggest fear is it will be called absurd.o

Wiz, you were the one who wanted to be a screenwriter, right?

I kind of agree Michael, but a guy who writes and a wditer aren't always the same thing. Your time commitment makes you a writer, but somebody who writes a page every week or two...not necessarily a writer. It's about effort and time, not just words on a page.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I hope I can get myself to actually get something published. I'm trying to write some deep, socially scathing stuff, and.my biggest fear is it will be called absurd.o

Wiz, you were the one who wanted to be a screenwriter, right?

I kind of agree Michael, but a guy who writes and a writer aren't always the same thing. Your time commitment makes you a writer, but somebody who writes a page every week or two...not necessarily a writer. It's about effort and time, not just words on a page.
That's better=D

Stuff like that usually is, but most of the time, it actually pays off. Just give it a go, man, and I'm sure it'll find a decent-sized audience:)

Yep, that's me:)

And yeah, I see your point. Probably need to devote more time myself, thenxd

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Wiz and Ger - Good point, both of you. To kick of the section, three "examples" on topic discussions has been made in the section already, two by me, and one by ChakraW... You should check them out if you haven't already (this is a message directed at everyone):

- A topic about Original Fiction compared to FanFictions and what elements defines an Original Fiction (Michael).

- A topic about how you write your chapters, from having an idea, writing down notes, writing the actual chapter itself, and releasing process (ChakraWizard).

- A topic about your "story" as a writer on the base. How did you come across FFs, what was your first inspiration to start writing yourself (did you read other FFs before you started writing), what inspiration sources do you draw from (books, films, authors, real life experiences, etc), and what defines you as a writer (Michael).

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm, it's starting to look like this section was kinda short-lived, no? XD

Guess I'll try breaking the ice, then. I started watching an anime about some guys working in a manga department recently and I got to thinking. I'm not an artist, and chances are I would have to meet up with someone who could draw before I actually get my stuff rolling (of course, that's considering I go with a manga edition before I go full-on anime with my work). I suppose I don't really have a question in mind, but I just started realizing how complex and difficult a process it would be, not that I believed it was incredibly easy in the first place. I still deeply hope to get into that business, but I have started having a few new doubts about actually succeeding in it. I dunnoU_U

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm, it's starting to look like this section was kinda short-lived, no? XD

Guess I'll try breaking the ice, then. I started watching an anime about some guys working in a manga department recently and I got to thinking. I'm not an artist, and chances are I would have to meet up with someone who could draw before I actually get my stuff rolling (of course, that's considering I go with a manga edition before I go full-on anime with my work). I suppose I don't really have a question in mind, but I just started realizing how complex and difficult a process it would be, not that I believed it was incredibly easy in the first place. I still deeply hope to get into that business, but I have started having a few new doubts about actually succeeding in it. I dunnoU_U
Actually, I was going to say something here a few days ago, but since I didn't want to double post, I just made a thread out of it instead xD

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So, do you guys think juggling more than one project can work? I've had one around consistently, with several others I have worked on from time to time. I don't really know if it affects my competence working with one. (Change.in time needed to work on the stories not taken into account.)

What's y'alls thoughts on writing more than one piece at a time?

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So, do you guys think juggling more than one project can work? I've had one around consistently, with several others I have worked on from time to time. I don't really know if it affects my competence working with one. (Change.in time needed to work on the stories not taken into account.)

What's y'alls thoughts on writing more than one piece at a time?
I do it. I've got about three that are still in progress right now, then one I've yet to start and another I'm thinking about starting back up. I definitely spend more time working on some than I do on others, but yeah, unless there's deadlines that must be met, there shouldn't anything wrong with multiple projects.

Winter Savior

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So had to make sure I could post this here, but I've taken the liberty to create a group for my OF for those interested in staying up to date on it and getting missed out on my notifications of the latest chapter release.

Also in the group will be pictures related to the story as well as detailed character information and a bit of Alterus history, something I will do regularly in between releasing chapters.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I do wonder if this thread is still... useful, lol. Because I got something funny to share that I just recently stumbled upon when trying to preview a certain thread that I'm working on making...

You must be registered for see images

And I haven't even started with the polishing/NB Coding part yet xP

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We got a big one over here XD
When the codes and everything comes in place, I think we might be talking a place between 200-300 K characters or so xD
I'm planing on releasing this thing during the weekend (either tomorrow or Sunday), but who knows how long the polishing part will take, haha.

Edit: It is finally done O__O Oh boy... Copy of my "special, (lmao XD)" VM:

[Generic Message - Sorry!]:

Hey there O__O I've made my first attempt on an "One Shot" here at the Base, and it has nothing to do with my three years old The Legendary Sage of Konoha Series, so this is indeed in fact the first time I've ever written anything else than my Naruto based story here at Narutobase. As this VM goes out to both old (and perhaps lost) and existing readers/friends of mine from my long going Series, I had to make this VM generic to fit everyone I'm sending this message to. Hopefully, you are one of those who still likes to read FanFiction/OriginalFiction here at the Base, and if you are, views, comments or anything would be appreciated on this major ass One Shot (Yes, it is perhaps the biggest thing ever written on here, lol). As it is an One Shot, it is a one time thing only, and the complete story is featured in this thread, so again, if you have time/can be bothered to read something new, then please take a look:

[<--- Click me]

Sincerely, Michael92 [<--- My previous username in case you had no clue who this was].

OopsWrongHole

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey people. I made my first short fanfic which is a 4 chapter prequel to the main story I have which I've already began. The prequel is how I wish the war to end & starts off with tragedy immediately. Please leave a review on you think :)

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this!

Last edited by a moderator: