Where was it stated in the manga that the sannin were equal?

Choose

• The sannin were never equal

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • The sannin were never equal

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Actually Taz made a really nice post on a thread on how Tsunade can win over Orochimaru... but I won't be bothered to look for it, anyway...

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you think about it they match up against one another....

Jiraiya can't hurt Orochimaru because of his snake shedding as his attacks are either ranged fire/hair attacks or Rasengan, but these ranged attacks are very effective st keeping a heavy hitting Tsunade back. Also, with Sage mode his strength is bolstered to where he could at least block these attacks.

Orochimaru has a sense of intangibility due to his shedding techniques so Jiraiya fang really hit him, but due to the fact many of his techniques involve stabbing motions his attacks are not only ineffective against Tsunade, but brings him within a range to be grabbed....very bad against Tsunade.

Tsunade would have a hard time with Jiraiya because his ranged fire and spiky hair techniques are very effective at dealing damage and keeping her away...Sage mode could also present a problem. Against Orochimaru, his stabbing techniques bring him into a grapple range that is fatal against her godly strength. She also has been seen taking a sword to the heart and healing it...and swords through the waist...

Reactions: Icelerate

Slug Princess Tsunade

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This:

Tsunade vs Orochimaru,
by Tazzilla88- sama

So here's what I think working under the the ideas provided by the databook. Their prowess in ninjutsu is the same albeit in they are strong in different areas. She is by far better at taijutsu in comparison to him. He is much better at casting genjutsu. They are of equal intellect. He is a whole tier faster than her. She has more stamina than him. He performs hand seals faster than she does.
  • Attack Prevention Technique: is pointless if Tsunade goes ahead and punches the surface Orochimaru has blended into
  • Binding Snake Glare Spell: Her natural strength was great enough to lift Gamabunta's sword, so ripping snakes shouldn't cause too much problems.
  • Body Flame Technique- Too slow and where would he go?
  • Body Shedding- Actually this is very useful. Orochimaru's body was healthy when Tsunade punched him before but he could not shed his skin because of his arms. So he had to quit the fight. Now he can afford being hit by Tsunade but apparently this jutsu takes a lot of chakra.
  • Five Elements Seal- Would require she had an even numbered seal on to be effective.
  • Formation of Ten Thousand Snakes- Problematic however this technique can be cancelled out by heavenly foot of Pain if acted upon immediately.
    You must be registered for see images
  • Gathering of Snakes isn't useful because of the nature of Tsunade's attacks in combination with Orochimaru's soft physique technique. So she won't cut his body.
  • Hidden Shadow snake hands would work against Orochimaru if he tries to grab Tsunade with it as there'd only be a repeat like when he tried to grab her with his tongue. If he tries to poison her, her liver will regenerate and render the poison moot. Or she could use the antidote she has in her tools, which she'd probably have anyway because she worked with Oro for so long.
  • Living Corpse Reincarnation: He's not going to use this in the heat of battle but if he does Tsunade has the mental fortitude to attack while impaled, to attack with stomach and respiratory muscles cut, and to overcome a phobia in addition to her precise chakra control I see her breaking free. The obvious counter to this argument is Orochimaru has a 5 in genjutsu and she only has a 3. This is true but she also has better chakra control. It was stated that healing jutus require a lot of chakra and she managed to heal a whole village, while keeping up her transformation technique, and she had summoned Katsuyu which as we've seen with Jiraiya and Naruto large summons take considerable chakra. In the war she has healed her stomach twice (Susanoo Sword and 3 Yasaka Magatamas) and used creation rebirth to heal the wounds from the heavenly transfer technique, in addition to healing the other kages, and breaking through Susanoo and Madara's mokuton clone. Additionally it was also stated that Medical jutsu requires precise chakra control because if the chakra is not controlled effectively the patient can be killed or the justu is ineffective and Tsunade is hailed as the greatest living medic.
  • Summoning Gate and Triple Summoning Gate Rashomon: Kiba and Akamaru put a dent in the single gate in Part I. Tsunade breaks through it.
  • Sword of Kusanagi: Longsword of the Sky- Tsunade needs only grab the sword. As long as it doesn't decapitate her she'll survive if she can regrow vital organs in her abdomen then she should be able to regrow limbs and digits.
  • Temporary Paralysis Technique- Iirc Genin Sasuke and Sakura overcame this technique.
  • Wind Release: Great Breakthrough -If Tsunade is using her chakra to stay on the ground like she did when Pein attacked the village (she was using it to counter shinra tensei) then I see her receiving injuries similar to the heavenly transfer technique which she'd heal.
  • Eight Branches is nothing but very large taijutsu taijutsu. Tsunade would only need to punch the heads as they attack and the damage recieved with byakougou.
  • Then there is Manda and Katsuya. Katsuya would prove useful against the 8 branches technique. Manda also had no jutsus he could bite and coil. For that reason he'd be defeated as well.
  • Body Pathway Derangement could be countered by perhaps a raiton cloak which Oro does not have and his taijutsu and stamina is less than Tsunade's so he could get caught by that.
  • She can fight similar to Kabuto evidenced by
    she wouldn't be able to compare their strength unless they're styles were similar. If Orochimaru got caught in a similar way to Tsunade then he would eventually need to shed his body.
  • Against her strength he would need to shed his body.
  • Against Katsuya's acid he would have to shed.
My conclusion Tsunade would win
Edit: The edos might cause a problem but we know Tsunade has a form of fuinjutsu as per her seal on her forehead. Given the fact that she is the oldest living Uzumaki we know with actual connections to members of her clan she probably has other sealing jutsus.
But the edos do pose an interesting problem. Though she may be able to remove the talisman Oro used to control them when blow to their heads. At which point they'd help her.

Reactions: RasenUchihaChaos

warlee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't see equal in that chapter's title slug princess, and i'm sure that chapter didn't show them at full strenght either all i see is a handicap match in which oro was more handicaped

Yusuke Urameshi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Saying Oro is stronger because Jiraiya couldn't bring him back applies directly to Sasuke. By that logic, Sasuke is the strongest in Team 7. We all know that's not true.

Jiraiya saying he would kill Tsunade could be interpreted like Naruto saying he's gonna bring Sasuke back. He's determined but can't do it. Jiraiya would try to stop her at any cost.

Oro > Jiriaya. Fair enough.

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I didn't see equal in that chapter's title slug princess, and i'm sure that chapter didn't show them at full strenght either all i see is a handicap match in which oro was more handicaped
All of them were, that's the trick. Kishi emphasis once again of equality...

Oro the hands, Jiraiya with supressed chakra, Tsunade with no fighting in years and chakra depleted.

Dark Artist

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
funny how some people cliams things that never stated in the manga before

like Tsunade is stronger than Orochimaru LOL

jonin kabuto owned her yes she beat him but he was a big problem to her

Orochimaru with No arms was fighting Tsunade and jiraiya ( yes jiraiya is not full power but he can use his hands at least )

strongest sannin :
1 - Orochimaru

2 - jiraiya

3 - Tsunade

Orochimaru is immortal without healing comparing to tsunade

warlee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All i see is a lot of speculations on how tsunade will win. Tsunade can't beat oro, she can't defeat edo kages + oro at the same time, you must be joking if you think she can. Oro was a master of kinjutsu/ninjutsu i wonder why taz didn't speculate for him too. Anyway if you want i can create a versus thread and we settle it there.

Slug Princess Tsunade

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All i see is a lot of speculations on how tsunade will win. Tsunade can't beat oro, she can't defeat edo kages + oro at the same time, you must be joking if you think she can. Oro was a master of kinjutsu/ninjutsu i wonder why taz didn't speculate for him too. Anyway if you want i can create a versus thread and we settle it there.
The old man Hiruzen could beat them. Saying Tsunade can't is just ... insulting.

Anakin Skywalker

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i dont why you are so butthurt abt them being called equal :sy: ..

sannin is just a title .....like hokage,raikage etc.....sannin's literal meaning is the legendary three

so more or less the three guys are equal

and abt the frog>slug>snake>frog thing..it may not be mentioned in manga but is pretty much acceptable.....hope u know the rock-paper-scissors game

paper- tsunade
rock- oro
scissors- Jman

so scissors beat paper ; rock beats scissors ; and whether u like it or not paper beats rock .....
so ya oro>Jman>tsunade>oro

and i specifically remember tsunade beating the $h!t out of oro

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
And stating that Orochimaru could beat Tsunade is a fact and not a speculation when in the manga when they were left alone it was the other way around?
Hmm, seems legit, I guess.

warlee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A>b>c logic lol. The old man was being overwhelmed his only way of winning shiki fujin which tsunade didn't have and she doesn't have any sealing jutsu that can stop edo too.

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A>b>c logic lol. The old man was being overwhelmed his only way of winning shiki fujin which tsunade didn't have and she doesn't have any sealing jutsu that can stop edo too.
And Edo needs prep time, your point is?
Oro was planning that for YEARS.

I like how you jump from a point to another when the first one was proven wrong to you. :)