Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
★ Rei ★;1905717 said:
That's the problem here. You need a religion or a faith to a God to be good and loving and caring? I don't need that and I will cry the day this point is proven correct.

Also, the bolded part really annoys me when i hear it. You restrict yourself and the community as in whole, you live your life by rules someone else created (and you cannot be sure who that was and what got edited anyways) and you think it's okay if you are wrong cause you got nothing to lose? You have the most important thing to lose. Yourself.

It's time to face it. Not only Christianity but all religions are based on restrictions. Don't do this, don't do that, even the rules/commandments are negatively given. There is a "No" everywhere. I would never allow myself to fall into a "no" trap. I am here to live my life and be myself, not restrict myself and lead half a life.

I don't mean to offend anyone, if you believe in a God, then good for you, I hope you will always be happy. Doesn't mean I have to do the same though.
Sweetie, next time you send me an infraction I will quote you :p
people only get hurt when extremists tell them that their opinions are wrong and that they are scum for not believing what the other person believes, which is horrible; however that has not happened so far and when it does happen, i will personally see it that this thread is closed and cleansed of any other that...you have my word
Well, you are not in their shoes, how are you sure how they think and if they do not get offended? :p
Its like to tell you, you are stupid, no offence.
but anw, I have nothing against a nice discussion

Oh, so now you wanna show who are the gods here :p

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Einsteins is genious cant dissagre with that, but what good in building churches? vatican? and all that crap? and how many innocent people died (In the name of GoD) if u look in history people used GOD to obtain power. faith? no comment (my opinion)

im Atheist btw
More people died because of science then religion. I haven't heard of any war where people only attack others with their sharp faith, they usually use guns...

And you're a disgrace for us btw

Is this true or just some "urban legend" about Einstein.

Either way :roku:

Though it's not fully full-proof.
I couldn't care less about his name. I would be more surprized if the student was Britney Spears though...

It is neither true nor correct

This applies only to mit 20th century science

We now DO have the ability to measure and therefore see thought and we can provide proof for evolution since we have accelerated evolution ourselves just look at dogs .. breeding new races is just another form of evolution
Yes indeed, I'm gonna create a topic about the evolution subject, it's actually fascinating.

how can someone be so cool yet an atheist..... wouldn't you rather believe and be proven wrong then to not believe and yet again be proven wrong?
Lol, your stupidity knows no boundaries.

never the less he would be proven intellecutually inferior to the chinese which is my point he discovered something in "his world" second to those in the world. but to what said previiusly einstein was awesome i actually did a project on him as well as the chinese and they founded things that we still use today......i guess thats why they let newton keep his discovery, i mean the chinese discovered alot of things.....(i digress) my fav. thing that Einstein discovered was the theory of relativity
Are you actually comparing an person to a country?

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
we all have faith wether or not we're religious or not. faith is the link thatbinds us to something. in this case it everone either has faith that there is a God, or that there isnt a God. either way faith doesnt have to be linked to religion, just to what you believe in.
Correct! Actually, even someone that bases his/her whole life on Empirism and Rationalism and actual since, he/she still needs to have faith on his own senses.

Like Decartes (roughly) said: Who can assure me that I don't live in constant deception?

And as Hume later (roughly) said: We must believe we don't live fooled by our senses, as it wouldn't be practical.

Even believing in science takes a leap of faith.

Mino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
oops wrong person :p

and the New Testament is based off of the teachings of Jesus Christ, and I'm sorry, but being raised if that's the extent of your biblical teachings that you are ignorant to many of the more philosophical and psychological meanings to many of the stories that were told because a mind as young as yours would have been could not fully understand the subtle meanings behind those stories and lessons.

And every holy text, from the Christian and Jewish Bibles to the Muslim Koran have been altered from their original words whether its through mistranslations or people in power changing them to suit their needs, which is why you shouldn't base your faith 100% on holy texts, but on your own beliefs that you have developed through the lessons in the Bible, both good and bad.

I'm a Methodist and a Youth leader in my Church, I have grown up in the same Church, but I have always been sort of a rebel, a long with the pastors son when it comes to my Christian beliefs and have always been interested in learning as much as possible about the other religions like Judaism, Islam, Shintoism, etc... because that's my way of understand my own beliefs better.
well funny you say what i did understand and what not, but I did understand. I guess i really never believed in religion. I just well you could say played along:p was good friends with the pastors son, until he moved though :rolleyes:

I also get what you are saying about altered text, but to me the text are more history than religion. back then when we did not have the understandings of the way things worked we used religion to explain. but in the 21 st century we don't need religion in the explanatory way, but some may do because they are afraid of death and that there is no after life. that all is going to end sooner or later is not an easy thought to swallow. but like Nietzsche said : god is dead. and what he meant is that there is enough technological development to understand more of the things we did not understand. I believe that if people could overcome their fear of death they would lay of religion.;)

Shunsui

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
More people died because of science then religion. I haven't heard of any war where people only attack others with their sharp faith, they usually use guns...

And you're a disgrace for us btw
:rolleyes: butt hurt? btw, ur talking about religion or faith? or u dont know what are u talking about?.. i personaly think u dont

History had lots of Religious wars. And science dont kill people, people kill people

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:rolleyes: butt hurt? btw, ur talking about religion or faith? or u dont know what are u talking about?.. i personaly think u dont

History had lots of Religious wars. And science dont kill people, people kill people
Butt hurt? Why? For having a stick up my ass? Better then having one for a brain...

As you said, Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people. Your very first post on this thread is then a stupidity you refuted yourself...

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Butt hurt? Why? For having a stick up my ass? Better then having one for a brain...

As you said, Religion doesn't kill people, people kill people. Your very first post on this thread is then a stupidity you refuted yourself...
But religion has been used to control and use people ^^

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Power and Argumentation has been used to control people, Religion is just an excuse...
You see what you want to see, but religion has been used to control people and still is being used in the middle east, do you think that young people will bomb themselves for nothing, they are promised 60( i think that was the number but not sure) virgins in Paradaise, so do you believe that if not religious person will believe you, no matter what reasons or arguments you give him

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You see what you want to see, but religion has been used to control people and still is being used in the middle east, do you think that young people will bomb themselves for nothing, they are promised 60( i think that was the number but not sure) virgins in Paradaise, so do you believe that if not religious person will believe you, no matter what reasons or arguments you give him
And what is that but pure argumentation? If you explode your loins, then your get virgins. There isn't, I guess, nothing writen like that. I'm taking that basing on Bible. The most common mistake is reading Bible to literally, the same, I believe, is done with those religious texts. The things writen on those things are left for the interpretations of those who read them, in this case, some powerfull (Power) guy that preached those teachings (Argumentation) to others who aren't wise enough to reach their own interpretations... And badabadoom! a war starts.

Not to mention that the war your speaking about only used religion as a mediatic escaping-goat, as the real reason was the mastery of the oil reservations...

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And what is that but pure argumentation? If you explode your loins, then your get virgins. There isn't, I guess, nothing writen like that. I'm taking that basing on Bible. The most common mistake is reading Bible to literally, the same, I believe, is done with those religious texts. The things writen on those things are left for the interpretations of those who read them, in this case, some powerfull (Power) guy that preached those teachings (Argumentation) to others who aren't wise enough to reach their own interpretations... And badabadoom! a war starts.

Not to mention that the war your speaking about only used religion as a mediatic escaping-goat, as the real reason was the mastery of the oil reservations...
Umm, Kiwii, the Bible says nothing like that, like you said, except nothing remotely close to what Pesh said O_O

I believe he was reffering to the Qu'ran/Koran O_O

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Umm, Kiwii, the Bible says nothing like that, like you said, except nothing remotely close to what Pesh said O_O

I believe he was reffering to the Qu'ran?Koran O_O
What? No, that's not what I meant. I'm saying that I'm using my experience with the Bible and with people who interact with the Bible and applying it to the refered Religious Text. I based on the fact that texts of the kind shouldn't be taken litterally, the fact is that those books are symbolic, not scientifical.

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Well, I know, but people are like sheeps if you find the right way to lead them, theyll do anything you wish, and as a matter a fact, 1.57 billion people are Muslims, do you think all of them are intellegent enough to make their own decisions and interpretations. You see, you base everything on yourself, but not everyone is smart enough or maybe have the knowledge to interpret it/

I believe he was reffering to the Qu'ran?Koran O_O
Middle east sweetie, and I didnt say anything about which religion I was referring to, but I guessed if you are smart enough to keep that discussioun you could find out the answer yourself :p

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I know, but people are like sheeps if you find the right way to lead them, theyll do anything you wish, and as a matter a fact, 1.57 billion people are Muslims, do you think all of them are intellegent enough to make their own decisions and interpretations. You see, you base everything on yourself, but not everyone is smart enough or maybe have the knowledge to interpret it/

Middle east sweetie, and I didnt say anything about which religion I was referring to, but I guessed if you are smart enough to keep that discussioun you could find out the answer yourself :p
It's the Middle East...the only belief that entails virgins in the afterlife, in that case, a harem, is Islam O_O

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In no way that goes against my previous argument. We're now reaching a point where an outsider would consider both of our definition of Religion as the Truth of the Ignorants, but that's just the manipulation part of the religion. That's the only part of religion that originates wars, and it shouldn't be considered true religion. As I said, it's just manipulation based of a very smart argumentator (if that's a word) and a very ignorant listener.

Religion is just the quest for answers, and it shouldn't be generalized to masses. It should be your own reflexion about life and your path. Taking someone else's faith isn't religion. You must think and create your own ideas, and then choose an existent religion, adopt part of one, or simply have your own view of life.

That goes hand to hand to my belief that religion is a matter that should only be taught, or even brought up, after maturity or at least when you reach a certain state of cogniscence...

Pesh

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's the Middle East...the only belief that entails virgins in the afterlife, in that case, a harem, is Islam O_O
I beg your pardon, I didnt understand that :/
In no way that goes against my previous argument. We're now reaching a point where an outsider would consider both of our definition of Religion as the Truth of the Ignorants, but that's just the manipulation part of the religion. That's the only part of religion that originates wars, and it shouldn't be considered true religion. As I said, it's just manipulation based of a very smart argumentator (if that's a word) and a very ignorant listener.

Religion is just the quest for answers, and it shouldn't be generalized to masses. It should be your own reflexion about life and your path. Taking someone else's faith isn't religion. You must think and create your own ideas, and then choose an existent religion, adopt part of one, or simply have your own view of life.

That goes hand to hand to my belief that religion is a matter that should only be taught, or even brought up, after maturity or at least when you reach a certain state of cogniscence...
Nice, I have nothing else to add, but only that most of the religions themselves are created to manipulate people from very intelligent people (personal interpretation) <3

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sweetie, next time you send me an infraction I will quote you :p

Well, you are not in their shoes, how are you sure how they think and if they do not get offended? :p
Its like to tell you, you are stupid, no offence.
but anw, I have nothing against a nice discussion

Oh, so now you wanna show who are the gods here :p
:p on this Forum I am a god jkjk :p

yes i realize that people get offended for different reasons, which is why i said i would shut down this discussion as soon as that happens
well funny you say what i did understand and what not, but I did understand. I guess i really never believed in religion. I just well you could say played along:p was good friends with the pastors son, until he moved though :rolleyes:

I also get what you are saying about altered text, but to me the text are more history than religion. back then when we did not have the understandings of the way things worked we used religion to explain. but in the 21 st century we don't need religion in the explanatory way, but some may do because they are afraid of death and that there is no after life. that all is going to end sooner or later is not an easy thought to swallow. but like Nietzsche said : god is dead. and what he meant is that there is enough technological development to understand more of the things we did not understand. I believe that if people could overcome their fear of death they would lay of religion.;)
you really think that a religious persons only reason for being religious is their fear of death?

Ive been around death and the idea of death my whole life because my mom had cancer and I honestly say that i don't fear death..i know that all things die and that from death comes rebirth, just like i believe in the theory of evolution and that the entire universe was created over a period of billions of years not just in 7 days

Shunsui

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Butt Hurt for insulting me with no reason, i didnt say Religion doesn't kill people, i said Science doesn't kill people

few examples from what i mean
Crusades, French Wars of Religion, Thirty Years War, Taiping Rebellion

and Islam, they do everything as karan says, its religion right?

i find ur quotes disrespectful, please dont bother quoting me again

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwii

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Butt Hurt for insulting me with no reason, i didnt say Religion doesn't kill people, i said Science doesn't kill people

few examples from what i mean
Crusades, French Wars of Religion, Thirty Years War, Taiping Rebellion

and Islam, they do everything as karan says, its religion right?

i find ur quotes disrespectful, please dont bother quoting me again
Again, in those wars, the Qur'an doesn't miraculously acquire legs and starts headbutting people. In the cruzades they used Swords, in the French wars they used canons, in the thirty years they used ships, in the taiping rebbelion they used Rice and in Islam they used pretty much anything they could get a hold on...

And Again, if you bother reading more then your own quotes, you'd find my answer to that. I'll give your a short answer here, no, that's not religion.

My quotes aren't disrespectfull, as they are your replies. What you find disrespectful are my posts.

*whispers* Actually, being offended on the internet is what makes you retarded, not arguing over the internet...

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just a note, let's keep this a nice mature discussion okay?
Do not insult each other and discuss appropriately as most of you have been doing so.
I am so proud of all of you xD

Thank you.

Last edited: