Amaya Sayuri

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to his Class on the problem Science has with GOD, the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his new Christian students to stand.
---

Professor : You are a Christian, aren't you, son?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor : So, you believe in GOD?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor : Is GOD good?

Student : Sure.

Professor : Is GOD ALL - POWERFUL?

Student : Yes.

Professor : My Brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD to heal him. Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent)

Professor : You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fella. Is GOD Good?

Professor : Is Satan good?

Student : No.

Professor : Where does Satan come from?

Student : From...GOD...

Professor : That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this World?

Professor : Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Professor : So who created evil?

(Student did not answer)

Professor : Is there Sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the World, don't they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor : So, who created them?

(Student had no answer)

Professor : Science says you have 5 Senses you use to Identify and Observe The World around you. Tell me, son...have you ever seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor : Tell us if you have ever heard your GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor : Have you ever Felt your GOD, Tasted your GOD, Smelt your GOD? Have you ever had any Sensory Perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Professor : Yet you still believe in HIM?

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my Faith.

Professor : Yes, Faith. And that is the problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as Heat?

Professor : Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as Cold?

Professor : Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn't...

(The Lecture Theater became very quiet with this turn of events)

Student : Sir, you can have Lots of Heat, even More Heat, Superheat, Mega Heat, White Heat, a Little Heat or No Heat. But we don't have anything called Cold. We can heat 458 Degrees below Zero which is No Heat, but we can't go any further after that

There is no such thing as Cold.

Cold is only a Word we use to describe the Absence of Heat.

We cannot Measure Cold.

Heat is Energy.

Cold is Not the Opposite of Heat, sir, just the Absence of it.

(There was pin-drop silence in the Lecture Theater)

Student : What about Darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as Darkness?

Professor : Yes. What is Night if there isn't Darkness?

Student : You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the Absence of Something.

You can have Low Light, Normal Light, Bright Light, Flashing Light...
But if you have No Light constantly, you have nothing and its called Darkness, isn't it? In reality, Darkness isn't. If it is, you would be able to make Darkness Darker, wouldn't you?

Professor : So what is the point you are making, young man?

Student : Sir, my point is, your Philosophical Premise is flawed.

Professor : Flawed? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the Premise of Duality. You argue there is Life and then there is Death, a Good GOD and a Bad GOD. You are viewing the Concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure.

Sir, Science can't even explain a Thought. It uses Electricity and Magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.

To view Death as the Opposite of Life is to be ignorant of the fact that Death cannot exist as a Substantive Thing. Death is Not the Opposite of Life, just the Absence of it.

Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your Students that they evolved from a Monkey?

Professor : If you are referring to the Natural Evolutionary Process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shook his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument was going)

Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor, Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir? Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?

(The Class was in uproar)

Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The Class broke out into laughter)

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it?... No one appears to have done so.

So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol, Science says that you have No Brain, sir. With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The Room was silent. The Professor stared at the student, his face unfathomable)

Professor : I guess you'll have to take them on Faith, son.

Student : That is it sir...Exactly!

The Link between Man & GOD is FAITH.

That is all that Keeps Things Alive and Moving.

That student was ALBERT EINSTEIN.

Shunsui

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: this is EPIC. read

Einsteins is genious cant dissagre with that, but what good in building churches? vatican? and all that crap? and how many innocent people died (In the name of GoD) if u look in history people used GOD to obtain power. faith? no comment (my opinion)

im Atheist btw

Wamphyri

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It is neither true nor correct

This applies only to mit 20th century science

We now DO have the ability to measure and therefore see thought and we can provide proof for evolution since we have accelerated evolution ourselves just look at dogs .. breeding new races is just another form of evolution

Revan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Einstein believed that there might be some kind of something that lives in everything, but never believed in a judging, some kind of human god. Apart from that he was an opponent of all forms of military, governments, and organisations that possess political power (like the church) because he recognized that e.g. governments sometimes are even worse than any criminal ever could be and rarely act for the common good. he believed that the person himself should decide, instead of trusting any higher organisation and blindly follow it's orders.

Last edited:

Transparent

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Seems more like a dialogue from a movie rather than an actual conversation. But shit Einstein is one tough nut to crack. All though he became science man number 1. Which should imply him as very much atheist at least later in life.

Go Einstein! :nexus:

Mino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

haha everything is relevant i guess;) he was right about that, but god is just.. well fairlytaile:) not even a disscussion:D:D:D

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Seems more like a dialogue from a movie rather than an actual conversation. But shit Einstein is one tough nut to crack. All though he became science man number 1. Which should imply him as very much atheist at least later in life.

Go Einstein! :nexus:
That's not true O_O
Just because you're a scientist doesn't make you atheist. Einstein admitted to not being Atheist anyway in his life =/

Some of the greatest minds in science have been religous people. Dare I say, the man regarded by many (and myself O_O) to be the smartest man to ever live, Sir Isaac Newton, in his own right was extremely religious and could be described as a man of immutable faith O_O

So, your standpoint on that is not really accurate O_O

But like you said, Einstein was too epic to lose the argument :cool:

~Rerrando~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Einsteins is genious cant dissagre with that, but what good in building churches? vatican? and all that crap? and how many innocent people died (In the name of GoD) if u look in history people used GOD to obtain power. faith? no comment (my opinion)

im Atheist btw
how can someone be so cool yet an atheist..... wouldn't you rather believe and be proven wrong then to not believe and yet again be proven wrong?

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

im Atheist btw
just curious, but do you know what being an atheist actually means? because i'm not sure you do by the way you worded your statement..

now i'm not saying that you are wrong, that some of the worst atrocities ever commited were in the name of all gods, not just the biblical god, however I am saying that the people who commited these acts were because they twisted their religion to suit their own personal goals and beliefs.

~Rerrando~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That's not true O_O
Just because you're a scientist doesn't make you atheist. Einstein admitted to not being Atheist anyway in his life =/

Some of the greatest minds in science have been religous people. Dare I say, the man regarded by many (and myself O_O) to be the smartest man to ever live, Sir Isaac Newton, in his own right was extremely religious and could be described as a man of immutable faith O_O

So, your standpoint on that is not really accurate O_O

But like you said, Einstein was too epic to lose the argument :cool:
Isaac Newton is a afraud. he got credit for fiding the laws of gravity and crap even though the chinese discovered that 500 years before his time

RokuNR

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Isaac Newton is a afraud. he got credit for fiding the laws of gravity and crap even though the chinese discovered that 500 years before his time
Europe had not yet made contact with the Chinese yet, so regardless of that, he would still be the first in Europe to discover it O_O
Aside from just that, he created his laws of motion which are used universally today and was a genius in his own right, not just by the measure of how many accomplishments he made.

~Rerrando~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Europe had not yet made contact with the Chinese yet, so regardless of that, he would still be the first in Europe to discover it O_O
Aside from just that, he created his laws of motion which are used universally today and was a genius in his own right, not just by the measure of how many accomplishments he made.
never the less he would be proven intellecutually inferior to the chinese which is my point he discovered something in "his world" second to those in the world. but to what said previiusly einstein was awesome i actually did a project on him as well as the chinese and they founded things that we still use today......i guess thats why they let newton keep his discovery, i mean the chinese discovered alot of things.....(i digress) my fav. thing that Einstein discovered was the theory of relativity

Mino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

well europe and china made contact very early, but after some time the chinese emperor stopped all long distance travels and isolated his country. only a few dock in china were open to the marked.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This seems more like a beautified folklore tale from religious people to convince others that religion and science can co-exist or to discard the arguments of empiricism, rather than an argument between two smart people.
Urban legends ftw :rolleyes: