Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Re: this is EPIC. read

just curious, but do you know what being an atheist actually means? because i'm not sure you do by the way you worded your statement..

now i'm not saying that you are wrong, that some of the worst atrocities ever commited were in the name of all gods, not just the biblical god, however I am saying that the people who commited these acts were because they twisted their religion to suit their own personal goals and beliefs.
well from what i know Atheist means person who doesnt belive in God(any god).. i have my own believes, in myself, in my country (fail) but still :D

ur right about personal goals, and thats what church has done for many 100d years, poor civilians and rich chitch
:rolleyes:

not to mention how many witches were burned alive :rag:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

★ Rei ★;1901419 said:
This seems more like a beautified folklore tale from religious people to convince others that religion and science can co-exist or to discard the arguments of empiricism, rather than an argument between two smart people.
Urban legends ftw :rolleyes:
More or less my thoughts xd

And at the historical debat *sigh* :nexus:

GYM

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

★ Rei ★;1901419 said:
This seems more like a beautified folklore tale from religious people to convince others that religion and science can co-exist or to discard the arguments of empiricism, rather than an argument between two smart people.

Yea, exactly this!

Astral

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i could easily disagree, its a test of fate not to take part in religon rather than a test of fate to be a religon. Science is right. Einstein spoke of parrallel universe's and relativity to why everything has a reason for why its done.

My opinion lies within science and karma, Religon just hides your fears.

Deidara...

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seems more like a dialogue from a movie rather than an actual conversation. But shit Einstein is one tough nut to crack. All though he became science man number 1. Which should imply him as very much atheist at least later in life.

Go Einstein! :nexus:
it is possible to be scientific and religious at the same time, and you can't just assume that einstein was an atheist at any point in his life, especially when he himself never said anything of the sort (for public record anyway.)

Isaac Newton is a afraud. he got credit for fiding the laws of gravity and crap even though the chinese discovered that 500 years before his time
it's one of those "i was the first to write it down and tell everybody" situations xD

★ Rei ★;1901419 said:
i definitely agree with your statement, however i do believe that science and religion (specifically christianity) can co-exist.

i could easily disagree, its a test of fate not to take part in religon rather than a test of fate to be a religon. Science is right. Einstein spoke of parrallel universe's and relativity to why everything has a reason for why its done.

My opinion lies within science and karma, Religon just hides your fears.
how is it a test of faith to not take part in religion? i'm not saying you are wrong i have never heard this statement before and wish to hear more about it.

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

★ Rei ★;1901419 said:
T_T i believe in Science and Religion and I'm sanish 0_0
well from what i know Atheist means person who doesnt belive in God(any god).. i have my own believes, in myself, in my country (fail) but still :D

ur right about personal goals, and thats what church has done for many 100d years, poor civilians and rich chitch
:rolleyes:

not to mention how many witches were burned alive :rag:
well its a relief that you actually know what atheism is because I have dealt with a lot of atheist that don't know what it means and than argue about it U_U

the biggest thing you are forgetting is the fact that it wasn't the actual religion that was killing people, but the culture of the times that was dictating the beliefs and norms for the people of that times.

lets use a modern example to show what i mean, now if religion dictating our beliefs, that nearly every christian, catholic, jew and i believe even muslim worshiper would be extremely against gays and gay marriage..however, the religious sects are divided against whether or not gays should be allowed to be legally married, and with the exception of extremest (who always ruin everything), i can honestly say that most religious people are extremely tolerant of other peoples beliefs and accept them.

My belief is that there is only one God, and that she, yes i said she because if a guy did all this, we would be a lot worse than we are (i'm sure Rei will be happy when she reads this <3). anyways, i believe that God created everything over tillions of years and over those years God refined everything till she was happy with what she had created, thus evolution ;) and that includes every different race, person and even sexual differences, and by that i mean gay, straight and bis. it is completely rational and ok to mix religion and science because without some type of religion, science wouldn't have been created because people are curious by nature and i believe that the early scientists were religious people who wanted to know more about the world and what made it up.

Mino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

T_T i believe in Science and Religion and I'm sanish 0_0

well its a relief that you actually know what atheism is because I have dealt with a lot of atheist that don't know what it means and than argue about it U_U

the biggest thing you are forgetting is the fact that it wasn't the actual religion that was killing people, but the culture of the times that was dictating the beliefs and norms for the people of that times.

lets use a modern example to show what i mean, now if religion dictating our beliefs, that nearly every christian, catholic, jew and i believe even muslim worshiper would be extremely against gays and gay marriage..however, the religious sects are divided against whether or not gays should be allowed to be legally married, and with the exception of extremest (who always ruin everything), i can honestly say that most religious people are extremely tolerant of other peoples beliefs and accept them.

My belief is that there is only one God, and that she, yes i said she because if a guy did all this, we would be a lot worse than we are (i'm sure Rei will be happy when she reads this <3). anyways, i believe that God created everything over tillions of years and over those years God refined everything till she was happy with what she had created, thus evolution ;) and that includes every different race, person and even sexual differences, and by that i mean gay, straight and bis. it is completely rational and ok to mix religion and science because without some type of religion, science wouldn't have been created because people are curious by nature and i believe that the early scientists were religious people who wanted to know more about the world and what made it up.
this is the problem with religion. they only need faith and that makes things real. also people have tendensies to create their own religion to support their religion. you cant belive in god without beliving 100% in the bible. therefore were few are real christians or whatever. you cant just say i like this part and this part, but this part I will not believe. that is just hipocritical.

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A thunder is God's fart. So yes, i smelled God. A sunny day is his lack of constipation.
Rain is God's semen. So yes, I felt God. A sunny day is his lack of a Brazzers Account.
Every person on this planet is a God's crap-taking.So yes, a cannibal can say he tasted God.

My own arguments. Would have been enough to prove him wrong.

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
this is the problem with religion. they only need faith and that makes things real. also people have tendencies to create their own religion to support their religion. you cant believe in god without believing 100% in the bible. therefore were few are real Christians or whatever. you cant just say i like this part and this part, but this part I will not believe. that is just hypocritical.
actually that's realizing that not everything in the Bible needs to be or should be taken literally. this is where people become over zealous and start to do horrible things in the name of God because they can't understand what should be taken litter ally and what shouldn't. there are stories within the Bible that are used as examples of what not to do, there are stories that have a deeper meaning about how we are suppose to live, but people who don't look deeper into the true meanings of the stories, parables and lessons of the Bible, and take them as literal face value are the ones who get all the negative press about religion because they are doing horrible things all because they can't discern what is literal and what is meant to guide our minds to the true meaning of the story.

Mino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually that's realizing that not everything in the Bible needs to be or should be taken literally. this is where people become over zealous and start to do horrible things in the name of God because they can't understand what should be taken litter ally and what shouldn't. there are stories within the Bible that are used as examples of what not to do, there are stories that have a deeper meaning about how we are suppose to live, but people who don't look deeper into the true meanings of the stories, parables and lessons of the Bible, and take them as literal face value are the ones who get all the negative press about religion because they are doing horrible things all because they can't discern what is literal and what is meant to guide our minds to the true meaning of the story.
that may well be, but what should one do when the bible clearly states that when conquered a town you get the rights to rape the wimmen? it is an actual quote..

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
that may well be, but what should one do when the bible clearly states that when conquered a town you get the rights to rape the wimmen? it is an actual quote..
what part of there are parts to be taken literally and parts that shouldn't be taken literally didn't you get?

and i'm curious what book you got that from because i've never heard of that

Mino

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what part of there are parts to be taken literally and parts that shouldn't be taken literally didn't you get?

and i'm curious what book you got that from because i've never heard of that
oh i can show u. and I do get that it should not be taken literally even though many people do it.

:Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

all I am saying is that we dont need god like before, when we were stupid and did not understand the laws of nature. and saying that beliving in god makes you go through the day is bs. there is no such thing and people should lay it off. the world would be better without religion. lol

-Ventus-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
oh i can show u. and I do get that it should not be taken literally even though many people do it.

:Murder, rape, and pillage at Jabesh-gilead (Judges 21:10-24 NLT)

So they sent twelve thousand warriors to Jabesh-gilead with orders to kill everyone there, including women and children. "This is what you are to do," they said. "Completely destroy all the males and every woman who is not a virgin." Among the residents of Jabesh-gilead they found four hundred young virgins who had never slept with a man, and they brought them to the camp at Shiloh in the land of Canaan.

The Israelite assembly sent a peace delegation to the little remnant of Benjamin who were living at the rock of Rimmon. Then the men of Benjamin returned to their homes, and the four hundred women of Jabesh-gilead who were spared were given to them as wives. But there were not enough women for all of them. The people felt sorry for Benjamin because the LORD had left this gap in the tribes of Israel. So the Israelite leaders asked, "How can we find wives for the few who remain, since all the women of the tribe of Benjamin are dead? There must be heirs for the survivors so that an entire tribe of Israel will not be lost forever. But we cannot give them our own daughters in marriage because we have sworn with a solemn oath that anyone who does this will fall under God's curse."

Then they thought of the annual festival of the LORD held in Shiloh, between Lebonah and Bethel, along the east side of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem. They told the men of Benjamin who still needed wives, "Go and hide in the vineyards. When the women of Shiloh come out for their dances, rush out from the vineyards, and each of you can take one of them home to be your wife! And when their fathers and brothers come to us in protest, we will tell them, 'Please be understanding. Let them have your daughters, for we didn't find enough wives for them when we destroyed Jabesh-gilead. And you are not guilty of breaking the vow since you did not give your daughters in marriage to them.'" So the men of Benjamin did as they were told. They kidnapped the women who took part in the celebration and carried them off to the land of their own inheritance. Then they rebuilt their towns and lived in them. So the assembly of Israel departed by tribes and families, and they returned to their own homes.

all I am saying is that we dont need god like before, when we were stupid and did not understand the laws of nature. and saying that beliving in god makes you go through the day is bs. there is no such thing and people should lay it off. the world would be better without religion. lol
How can the world be better without religion?If people can love and help each other because of the teachings of there religion then wouldn't that be great?and also in christianity whether or not you believe it.., If we are obey God and His teachings we are promised eternal life and that brings hope and faith so that we will love and help each other to attain that promise and even if thats not true whats it to lose?you had a good and honorable life just because you believed in your religions teaching and you will be remembered by the people you loved and helped :) and yea in those time's they actually do that but that was in the PAST you cant do that in the present anymore lolz xd

Last edited: