0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh how far we have fallen.

You must be registered for see images
What? How did you manage to make it about race? I was simply speaking from a standpoint as the human race.
How is MLK random? He fought for the equality of all races. You are sadly misinformed of MLK Jr.'s politics my good sir.
I feel like you're trolling hard.

You know that MLK is always looked at as a leader of our community and fought hard for black equality. He wanted equality of all races yes but you know what he was so reknowned for, and his main goal. And the fact that you posted that picture of him in this thread where the boy fighting with his teacher was black, you know what people are going to assume.

You don't just say 'oh how far we've fallen' (which comes off as extremely condescending btw) in a thread like this with a picture of MLK and expect people NOT to cringe at this post and then say 'n-no guys, i meant as a h-human race!!!!'... foh and welcome to the ignore list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankenstein

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
OT... we shouldn't ignore the fact that this kid is still just a freshman... he probably thought he was being mega raw and edgy taking a stand for all children of the planet, but of course he just looked really immature. You would never catch an upper-class man acting like this :leaf:

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yep sure. You know exactly how many people could just strip and hand over their pants - tie them together to make a rope within a minute of man falling in and throw that rope in lifted that guy out somehow standing on the thin wall ( the same he fallen in from ) without tiger doing anything and do it all withing 2 minutes before the tiger came near the guy.

Sure they could strip their shirt on and found a fire in a second and be able to make big enough in day time to scare the tiger...- because everyone just carries the torches,.... Seriously... the tiger was the one closest to that man .. Please think before posting.

Have you been in an open zoo and stood behind the wall and watched exactly how it all could be done within 5 minutes?

The guard came but there wasn't enough time. He tried to tell people to get away from the cage - no one listened and there was a general uproar - people yelling and all. Someone threw stones and some others copied....It was just kind of checking out the stranger till then. But stone throwing angered it and it snatched at the neck killing the guy instantly. It didn't maul the body or anything. just broke the neck.

10 people ten angles and chances are they had their camera in hand already since that's what people do when they are watching at a tiger or any other exotic animal in a zoo.

And lol there would be videos if there would be a cam. You can bet on it.
Lel, okay. My apologies, but judging from your response, that was in India right?

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I feel like you're trolling hard.

You know that MLK is always looked at as a leader of our community and fought hard for black equality. He wanted equality of all races yes but you know what he was so reknowned for, and his main goal. And the fact that you posted that picture of him in this thread where the boy fighting with his teacher was black, you know what people are going to assume.

You don't just say 'oh how far we've fallen' (which comes off as extremely condescending btw) in a thread like this with a picture of MLK and expect people NOT to cringe at this post and then say 'n-no guys, i meant as a h-human race!!!!'... foh and welcome to the ignore list.
You must be registered for see images

If I posted a picture of Gandhi and the teacher was Indian would I get the same responses? No. MLK Jr. Was for the the equality of all the people. You even admitted that yourself. So why lower it to race? I was merely showing an American figurehead in a disappointed pose, yet everyone has to demote it to race. I'm disappointed in the new generation being brought up. No one asked me 'who' was and automatically assumed I was going the race route with it. Open your eyes you sheep. :wesobi:

What are you saying? Does posting a black activist's pic as reaction means involving race?

MLK's expression in that image mattered in that post in a form of reaction. Saying it involves race is like saying posting "Bıtch please" memes of Yao Ming involves basketball.

You are the one who brought race as of a black person's image can only matter in occasions about race. As if they are not the "default" color of a human.
Paratise said it best.

Broaden your mind you one trick pony.

Reactions: Conspirator.

Ken Kaneki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You made your argument just that much worse by mentioning the cadet training camp. lol Next time you go to Delhi pay a visit to Zoo. Look at the fellow visitors too and learn how the crowd behaves and how fast you can take leader ship and actually make people follow your advice.

Better yet, go to the Zoo with your fellow camp mates. Jump in the tiger cage when you see the tiger nearby. And send us a rescue video made by your friends. You guys are trained after all. Don't forget to keep the stop watch running.

Now how come Nirbhaya's case come in all this? You are just going zig zag and random.I don't remember people making a video of her. And if no one helped how they ended up in the hospital?

NCR is NCR- everyone is rushing for himself and no one knows their neighbours because everyone is busy. But that doesn't make us any better automatically. People like you sit at computer and spout all kind of lectures. Try driving to work 30 KM daily on a congested Delhi road next time. Three of the 4 accused in that case were recent migrants from other cities.
1) How fast can I assume leadership roles ? I think pretty fast, I have been in a few situations myself
2) Go to Delhi, jump in and send you a video ? This is not even worthy of a reply
3) This whole argument started when someone said that what the other kids doing there? They should have helped the teacher. So I quoted an example of the zoo. You came back at me that people should not be blamed for the zoo incident and that nothing could have been done given the fact that time was very less and nobody knew exactly how to help the guy. So I quote you another example, where it was pretty clear how to help the victims, yet the people did not. That is where Nirbhaya comes in. Please re read her boyfriends statement about how they asked people gain and again to help but nobofy did. And how when police got there , they just started discussing which area's police case this is and not helping the victims. So this is not me going zig zag , this is me coming out with another example
4) I do live her and do know how it is. But that did not stop me from helping someone injured , or at least taking him to hospital. I just did so last week. But a few months ago, when I met an accident , no one helped me. The biker just hit me and ran away. People did not stop. I was not even able to stand. Had to pick my mobile , call an ambulance myself. That was about 30 mins after was hit. So I do know what I am talking about
Have lived in Chandigarh , Jaipur, Bhopal but NCR is the worst when it comes to people helping other people. Only reason I have to stay is that jobs are here

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,444💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) How fast can I assume leadership roles ? I think pretty fast, I have been in a few situations myself
2) Go to Delhi, jump in and send you a video ? This is not even worthy of a reply
Simply because it's easier said than done. I have seen the zoo itself and pretty familiar with the lay out as well have seen enough of them to understand the kind of visitors we get at such places- all kinds of people but normal people. Tourists aren't a homogenous group of trained personnel to fall in line without asking a question and obey. Even pulling up a guy ( minimum weight 50 kg) at best while standing over a thin ledge and balancing it is not something everyone can do. It's not a 5 liter bucket of water pulling from a well with the help of pulley. Not when the guy inside the cage is already panicking and the tiger is staring at it. Besides there is no guarantee tiger wouldn't attack even sooner if a rope is dropped in.

So your arguments are pretty naive in this regard. It's really a matter of luck when you are facing a tiger that close.

3) This whole argument started when someone said that what the other kids doing there? They should have helped the teacher. So I quoted an example of the zoo. You came back at me that people should not be blamed for the zoo incident and that nothing could have been done given the fact that time was very less and nobody knew exactly how to help the guy.
The situation was different though. In Zoo incident people did try some attempt- it wasn't sufficient and backfired. And I commented because the comments of people making so many arguments about what could be done had become annoying at that time too. The Zoo authorities need to act more strictly to avoid such incidents. If it's you and tiger with no bar between the you two you either better have some weapon or you are on you own. People have died even on Safari hunting.
So I quote you another example, where it was pretty clear how to help the victims, yet the people did not. That is where Nirbhaya comes in. Please re read her boyfriends statement about how they asked people gain and again to help but nobofy did. And how when police got there , they just started discussing which area's police case this is and not helping the victims. So this is not me going zig zag , this is me coming out with another example.

4) I do live her and do know how it is. But that did not stop me from helping someone injured , or at least taking him to hospital. I just did so last week. But a few months ago, when I met an accident , no one helped me. The biker just hit me and ran away. People did not stop. I was not even able to stand. Had to pick my mobile , call an ambulance myself. That was about 30 mins after was hit. So I do know what I am talking about
Have lived in Chandigarh , Jaipur, Bhopal but NCR is the worst when it comes to people helping other people. Only reason I have to stay is that jobs are here
But you did help didn't you, and still you will be counted among those NCR people who have no sympathy for anyone. :p

Nirbhaya case- that case had many other serious issues going with it so I am leaving that.

I have lived in NCR for a couple of years and still have to go there time to time. Have a bunch of relatives all over it. From Gurgaon to Noida and in between. The main difference is a large number of daily commuters and diverse population. People who are passing by are always rushing thinking someone else would take action even if they notice.

Still I cannot completely condemn it because I have gotten unexpected help at least twice from complete strangers in NCR and have met some really nice people there. And I have met real jerks in my small town as well.

Last edited:

Ken Kaneki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Simply because it's easier said than done. I have seen the zoo itself and pretty familiar with the lay out as well have seen enough of them to understand the kind of visitors we get at such places- all kinds of people but normal people. Tourists aren't a homogenous group of trained personnel to fall in line without asking a question and obey. Even pulling up a guy ( minimum weight 50 kg) at best while standing over a thin ledge and balancing it is not something everyone can do. It's not a 5 liter bucket of water pulling from a well with the help of pulley. Not when the guy inside the cage is already panicking and the tiger is staring at it. Besides there is no guarantee tiger wouldn't attack even sooner if a rope is dropped in.

So your arguments are pretty naive in this regard. It's really a matter of luck when you are facing a tiger that close.

The situation was different though. In Zoo incident people did try some attempt- it wasn't sufficient and backfired. And I commented because the comments of people making so many arguments about what could be done had become annoying at that time too. The Zoo authorities need to act more strictly to avoid such incidents. If it's you and tiger with no bar between the you two you either better have some weapon or you are on you own. People have died even on Safari hunting.

But you did help didn't you, and still you will be counted among those NCR people who have no sympathy for anyone. :p

Nirbhaya case- that case had many other serious issues going with it so I am leaving that.

I have lived in NCR for a couple of years and still have to go there time to time. Have a bunch of relatives all over it. From Gurgaon to Noida and in between. The main difference is a large number of daily commuters and diverse population. People who are passing by are always rushing thinking someone else would take action even if they notice.

Still I cannot completely condemn it because I have gotten unexpected help at least twice from complete strangers in NCR and have met some really nice people there. And I have met real jerks in my small town as well.
I am telling you I sat there on the road side with my leg broken and unable to stand. While I was lying on my back, the biker got up and rushed. He didn't give a shit. Then I called for people who were passing by to help me, at least call an auto or something. But nobody did. I couldn't locate my glasses and mobile. After 20-25 mins my mobile rang and I knew where it was, so I crawled towards it. Called Just dial, got hospital's number. Booked an ambulance. What if I had more serious injuries? I would probably be dead. So I speak from experience.

However, having said that , NCR has some pretty good people too and its your good luck if you ran into them. But we need have to be more compassionate than what we are now.

Also you replied but I got no notification. Wonder why

Prometheus Beta

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here is my advice (I will also comment on the ethnic/racial theme in this thread) to the Physics teacher (and I say this as a Physics/Math guy myself who once upon a time contemplated the idea of becoming a teacher): recognize the wonderful "diversity" of individuality, and this sort of stuff will not happen. Meaning that you should be aware that not all of your pupils are equal in even their desire much less capacity to learn.

Some of your pupils, and Whites, East Asians, as well as some of the South Asians (i.e. Indians and Sri-Lankans), for example, will be overrepresented in this category, will come to school to learn. Your job as a teacher is basically to cater to this segment of the student population. There will be Blacks in this group but they will be underrepresented (that is, make up a percentage of the cohort smaller than the proportion of the general student population they comprise).

Others, and Blacks will be overrepresented in this cohort, mostly come to school only of social necessity or for the school gang culture environment. There is absolutely no point in even bothering with this group, see them playing on their phones in class? Well let them, its their choice of lifestyle. See this way, everybody is happy. Except that any teacher who does this would probably be fired for something like "racism" if caught (which is why I personally have no interest in becoming a high-school teacher).

The aforementioned ethnic/racial groups in relation to the categories I described above might shock the folk with faint hearts for political incorrectness but it is statistical reality here in England, whether you like it or not.
Why different ethnicities and cultures are unequal in their representation in these groups is another matter/question entirely but the fact is that it is (and again, this is the statistical reality of educational attainment in relation to ethnicity in the US and Europe). This is an empirical issue, one about how the world is, and has nothing to do with moral platitudes about "equality".

One might explain this statistical reality with those liberal platitudes: for example, here I imagine the politically correct response would be: No, its NEVER EVER the fault of any individual for doing stuff like this. The evil White Physics teacher was clearly radiating the "White privilege" in the racist frequency-range that conduced the circumstances that made that kid go WWF on him. And that is fine. But the people pointing out the statistical reality of ethnic/racial inequality in these sort of issues are correct.

Reactions: Tennis Robot

GreenTeaChloe

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To give up on students who are "unwilling" to learn would not make you a good teacher. Some students come from troubled background or have difficulties learning. Regardless of racial background, a teacher must learn how to cater to their students learning capabilities.

They must show them not to be afraid to ask questions. Even if it sounds dumb, those who are not afraid to question will go far into life then those who accept answers given infront of them without questioning its validity.

Tennis Robot

Elite
Kin
65💸
Kumi
3,060💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To give up on students who are "unwilling" to learn would not make you a good teacher. Some students come from troubled background or have difficulties learning. Regardless of racial background, a teacher must learn how to cater to their students learning capabilities.

They must show them not to be afraid to ask questions. Even if it sounds dumb, those who are not afraid to question will go far into life then those who accept answers given infront of them without questioning its validity.
I don't disagree with this, but sometimes unwillingness to learn is derived from boredom with or lack of interest in the subject matter itself. What would you do about that if you were a teacher?

Reactions: Prometheus Beta

Prometheus Beta

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Ma'am the problem I have with this is that the people who peddle these sort of arguments tend to deflect any and all responsibility from the individuals (whether it is a pupil, criminal or whatever) so long as they "come from a troubled background". Blame anything and everything but the individuals themselves.

This incident is in fact all too reminiscent of some of my own high-school experiences. See I attended one of those failing, highly "diverse", comprehensive high-schools that are increasingly becoming the norm here in parts of England, for a time.

Describing those type of institutions as schools is misleading; they would more aptly be described as soft-teenaged versions of American prisons - the ethnic and religious diversity had chosen to segregate itself in the form of school-gangs. Anti-social behaviour was absolutely the norm and the teachers not only did not give a damn but they couldn't do anything even if they wanted to, in fact it was not uncommon for the teachers themselves to be victims of the bullying (admittedly, the physical form was very rarely unpunished, and not that common to begin with) as is the case here.

One thing I noticed then, one of the reasons why I got tired of all those platitudes about equality, is that not all "troubled" folk are equal. For example, the small cohort of Nepalese kids in my high-school were dirt poor first generation immigrants who spoke Nepalese amongst themselves but were among the most well behaved in the school.

The working class White kids in these sort of schools also tend to be disproportionately afflicted with dysfunctional family lives but they were not, and in general are not, as bad as some other groups. Conversely, the Muslims seemed to have very traditional family structures but they were second only to the Blacks when it came to anti-social behaviour.

In sum, I no longer sympathize with all those liberal platitudes -and that is all they are at this point - because nothing ever seems to work on the social and academic failure of Blacks compared to European standards (from all those billions spent on their communities in general to more specifically relevant cases like the "No Child Left Behind Act" type of programs both in the US and here).

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Here is my advice (I will also comment on the ethnic/racial theme in this thread) to the Physics teacher (and I say this as a Physics/Math guy myself who once upon a time contemplated the idea of becoming a teacher): recognize the wonderful "diversity" of individuality, and this sort of stuff will not happen. Meaning that you should be aware that not all of your pupils are equal in even their desire much less capacity to learn.

Some of your pupils, and Whites, East Asians, as well as some of the South Asians (i.e. Indians and Sri-Lankans), for example, will be overrepresented in this category, will come to school to learn. Your job as a teacher is basically to cater to this segment of the student population. There will be Blacks in this group but they will be underrepresented (that is, make up a percentage of the cohort smaller than the proportion of the general student population they comprise).

Others, and Blacks will be overrepresented in this cohort, mostly come to school only of social necessity or for the school gang culture environment. There is absolutely no point in even bothering with this group, see them playing on their phones in class? Well let them, its their choice of lifestyle. See this way, everybody is happy. Except that any teacher who does this would probably be fired for something like "racism" if caught (which is why I personally have no interest in becoming a high-school teacher).

The aforementioned ethnic/racial groups in relation to the categories I described above might shock the folk with faint hearts for political incorrectness but it is statistical reality here in England, whether you like it or not.
Why different ethnicities and cultures are unequal in their representation in these groups is another matter/question entirely but the fact is that it is (and again, this is the statistical reality of educational attainment in relation to ethnicity in the US and Europe). This is an empirical issue, one about how the world is, and has nothing to do with moral platitudes about "equality".

One might explain this statistical reality with those liberal platitudes: for example, here I imagine the politically correct response would be: No, its NEVER EVER the fault of any individual for doing stuff like this. The evil White Physics teacher was clearly radiating the "White privilege" in the racist frequency-range that conduced the circumstances that made that kid go WWF on him. And that is fine. But the people pointing out the statistical reality of ethnic/racial inequality in these sort of issues are correct.
@Bold is the dumbest shit I've ever read. I don't think you understand half of the things you are saying my friend. You come off as an ass-hole.

Reactions: paratise

Prometheus Beta

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@Bold is the dumbest shit I've ever read. I don't think you understand half of the things you are saying my friend. You come off as an ass-hole.
Want me to quote some of those statistics from the mouth of your friends (who spout nothing but the platitudes you want to hear?): here it is

There is widespread concern about the poor performance of Afro-Caribbean pupils, particularly boys. Only around a fifth of black boys achieve five good GCSE passes, compared to a national average of 51 per cent.

Apparently the "racist" school system does not fail those poor Chinese immigrants:

In contrast, almost three-quarters – 73.5% – of Chinese pupils on free school meals were awarded five A* to C grades, including English and maths.

Note that these Chinese pupils are on free school meals (the equivalent of the American food stamps) meaning that their family income is far below the national average.

My friend, trust me I know very well what I am talking about. And I couldn't care less that I hurt a lot of peoples, yours apparently included, feels here.

GreenTeaChloe

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't disagree with this, but sometimes unwillingness to learn is derived from boredom with or lack of interest in the subject matter itself. What would you do about that if you were a teacher?
Thats the issue right there. A student is bored or shows no interest in the subject and you are willing to give up on them? As a teacher you make every subject fun or at least try to.

A lot of people hate math. That is a subject a majority of kids struggle with and choose to give up on. Why? Sitting in math class and listening to a monotone teacher who uses text books to teach you is not fun.

They dont teach you or tell you the capabilities of understanding math and its infinite knowledge of the world. Sure math isnt for everyone, but when you show the explotive side of understanding numbers. Its in our human nature to learn and gain such knowledge to have the upper hand.

Chie

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All those kids need their phones confiscated. Calling for help would be more appropriate than taking a vid. Better yet, put the phones away and go out of the classroom and get adults, etc.

I don't only see a problem with the kids, though. There's a problem with the staff as well, since kids obviously are not afraid to break rules at their school. The teaching style needs to be improved (more fun and strict) and the kids need to be well-aware of the repercussions of such actions.

Last edited: