Tennis Robot

Elite
Kin
65💸
Kumi
3,060💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thats the issue right there. A student is bored or shows no interest in the subject and you are willing to give up on them? As a teacher you make every subject fun or at least try to.

A lot of people hate math. That is a subject a majority of kids struggle with and choose to give up on. Why? Sitting in math class and listening to a monotone teacher who uses text books to teach you is not fun.

They dont teach you or tell you the capabilities of understanding math and its infinite knowledge of the world. Sure math isnt for everyone, but when you show the explotive side of understanding numbers. Its in our human nature to learn and gain such knowledge to have the upper hand.
I don't think a teacher should give up either :/ I'm just asking what you would do. I like your answer :)

Last edited:

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Want me to quote some of those statistics from the mouth of your friends (who spout nothing but the platitudes you want to hear?): here it is

Apparently the "racist" school system does not fail those poor Chinese immigrants:

Note that these Chinese pupils are on free school meals (the equivalent of the American food stamps) meaning that their family income is far below the national average.

My friend, trust me I know very well what I am talking about. And I couldn't care less that I hurt a lot of peoples, yours apparently included, feels here.
I love how you decided what group of people I belong to by calling some people my friends.

Others, and Blacks will be overrepresented in this cohort, mostly come to school only of social necessity or for the school gang culture environment. There is absolutely no point in even bothering with this group, see them playing on their phones in class? Well let them, its their choice of lifestyle. See this way, everybody is happy. Except that any teacher who does this would probably be fired for something like "racism" if caught (which is why I personally have no interest in becoming a high-school teacher).
I said this was retarded because you're essentially pushing the problem onto the next generation. Yeah, they are hurting themselves by not getting an education, but in ten years that makes the problem worse. Now you're complaining that these damn blacks won't get education or jobs, meanwhile you're letting their kids sit in classrooms with their cellphones. What kind of ass backwards logic is that?

Prometheus Beta

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I love how you decided what group of people I belong to by calling some people my friends.
Well those are the folk who say the things you guys want to hear isn't it? That the fact that Blacks males have completely failed academically as a group (not even half the national average) is all due to the racist educational system, and has nothing to do with Black males and their common cultures (e.g. the rap and gang cultures). But in any case, those statistics are real.

I said this was retarded because you're essentially pushing the problem onto the next generation. Yeah, they are hurting themselves by not getting an education, but in ten years that makes the problem worse. Now you're complaining that these damn blacks won't get education or jobs, meanwhile you're letting their kids sit in classrooms with their cellphones. What kind of ass backwards logic is that?
No you never and why do you assume I ignore the fact that certain groups like Black and Muslim males are in fact an economic drain/burden? I am well aware of that problem and even have policy prescriptions in mind, that I did not say anything on the matter (which was not directly relevant to the thread) does not mean I have nothing to say, my friend.

Clearly Blacks do not value education as can be inferred from the data on their absolutely shocking under-achievement - something my personal experiences with Blacks have strongly reinforced, for example in high-school, among the Black males, ones social status in the group seemed to be mainly determined by how expensive the trainers, cap and phone you possessed were, as well as rapping ability, and ones physical prowess in fist fights.

By contrast with the Sri-Lankan kids, academic grades seemed to be the ultimate determinant of the social status and respectability of an individual. Whereas with Blacks, academic ability in fact conferred a low social status (you were a "nerd" in the pejorative, oddly you were also a homosexual judging by the slurs they used for "nerds"). When you try to enforce academic values on Black males with worldviews utterly incompatible with an academic environment, the result well... the result is what you see in that video.

What is the solution to this problem? The solution should begin with a reformation of the welfare state that punishes, as opposed to awarding, the dysfunctional culture of groups like Blacks and Muslims. The welfare state must ultimately strongly incentivize a high-investment parenting style among these groups. This means you have a few children, preferably one, instead of dozens like some Muslim groups do: I don't think I need to explain why investing your resources into less of your children is going to produce better quality children.

Of course scenarios like the above are about as realistic in the western world today as the likes of Al-Sharpton suddenly not blaming Whites (or to use the euphemism "racism") for Black dysfunctionality. Instead what I think will really happen is that current demographic trends will ultimately culminate in state collapse of catastrophic proportions in both the US and UK (and much of western Europe) akin to what we saw in Greece (probably a lot worse) recently, with devastating consequences for race/ethnic relations. But I am rambling now.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
1,178💸
Kumi
81💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So... Back onto the original topic: many places across the world are comprised of people who do not actually help in emergent or unusual circumstances. There are many different reasons why and it is all situational. Some think they could lead that crowd of people into helping, but there are plenty of people in that same crowd who don't want to get involved or might say, "shut up, who do you think you are? You aren't the boss of me," or are frozen in fear.

On September 11, 2001 three planes were hijacked in the United States. Two of those planes contained passengers who did not challenge the hijackers and one of those planes contained passengers who did challenge them. All 3 planes crashed but the collateral damage from the one was mitigated.

In front of my apartment 2 weeks ago, a domestic dispute occurred outside where the male was physically restraining a female who was screaming for help. 1 person intervened and 1 person called for the police. Those 2 people were my wife and myself. The rest just watched.

A mall in my city, there was a man running who was being followed by a pharmacist who shouted "he has a gun" and two men stopped him.

In this same city, people witnessed a man get beaten yet did nothing to stop the attackers.

Regardless of the situations or the reasons, there are 3 types of people: wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs. Wolves attack sheep, sheep do little or nothing at all, and sheepdogs take on the wolves. You either cause the problem, run from it, or run towards it. It's a choice you have to make before you get into situations.

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One reason for this and only two words for it. Those words are "Political Correctness."
What does that have to do with race tho?

The definition of political correctness is:

Is an attitude or policy of being careful not to offend or upset any group of people in society who are believed to have a disadvantage.
I was only referring to the wrong attitude done by the man regardless of his race. It doesn't matter; what's wrong is wrong.

Or I got what you mean/said in a wrong way U_U

Conspirator.

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Here is my advice (I will also comment on the ethnic/racial theme in this thread) to the Physics teacher (and I say this as a Physics/Math guy myself who once upon a time contemplated the idea of becoming a teacher): recognize the wonderful "diversity" of individuality, and this sort of stuff will not happen. Meaning that you should be aware that not all of your pupils are equal in even their desire much less capacity to learn.

Some of your pupils, and Whites, East Asians, as well as some of the South Asians (i.e. Indians and Sri-Lankans), for example, will be overrepresented in this category, will come to school to learn. Your job as a teacher is basically to cater to this segment of the student population. There will be Blacks in this group but they will be underrepresented (that is, make up a percentage of the cohort smaller than the proportion of the general student population they comprise).

Others, and Blacks will be overrepresented in this cohort, mostly come to school only of social necessity or for the school gang culture environment. There is absolutely no point in even bothering with this group, see them playing on their phones in class? Well let them, its their choice of lifestyle. See this way, everybody is happy. Except that any teacher who does this would probably be fired for something like "racism" if caught (which is why I personally have no interest in becoming a high-school teacher).

The aforementioned ethnic/racial groups in relation to the categories I described above might shock the folk with faint hearts for political incorrectness but it is statistical reality here in England, whether you like it or not.
Why different ethnicities and cultures are unequal in their representation in these groups is another matter/question entirely but the fact is that it is (and again, this is the statistical reality of educational attainment in relation to ethnicity in the US and Europe). This is an empirical issue, one about how the world is, and has nothing to do with moral platitudes about "equality".

One might explain this statistical reality with those liberal platitudes: for example, here I imagine the politically correct response would be: No, its NEVER EVER the fault of any individual for doing stuff like this. The evil White Physics teacher was clearly radiating the "White privilege" in the racist frequency-range that conduced the circumstances that made that kid go WWF on him. And that is fine. But the people pointing out the statistical reality of ethnic/racial inequality in these sort of issues are correct.
This is the hard truth. You can take a horse to the trough, but you can't force it to drink the water. That group of kids you talked about are almost impossible to change.

8Hokage

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What does that have to do with race tho?

The definition of political correctness is:

I was only referring to the wrong attitude done by the man regardless of his race. It doesn't matter; what's wrong is wrong.

Or I got what you mean/said in a wrong way U_U

You think that political correctness is only about Race? You are misguided. Sorry that Offends you. But the truth is that political correctness is the cancer after the real cancer is killing USA. That's just my opinion.

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You think that political correctness is only about Race? You are misguided. Sorry that Offends you. But the truth is that political correctness is the cancer after the real cancer is killing USA. That's just my opinion.
I should be the one saying sorry cause I haven't crossed paths with this phrase before. I did my research, but it wasn't enough so I said what I said.
So I will ask. What did you exactly mean by political correctness?

8Hokage

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I should be the one saying sorry cause I haven't crossed paths with this phrase before. I did my research, but it wasn't enough so I said what I said.
So I will ask. What did you exactly mean by political correctness?
When Christians say political correctness. I'll give you a Christian Comedian:
[video=youtube;9HBJi_zp9n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HBJi_zp9n8[/video]

To us Christian that political correctness is a double stand to us.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is the hard truth. You can take a horse to the trough, but you can't force it to drink the water. That group of kids you talked about are almost impossible to change.
Holy shit your logic is ass backwards.

Edit: How did race even get brought up in this situation? Lol The race baiters are really trying to rustle some jimmies with this one.

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When Christians say political correctness. I'll give you a Christian Comedian:
[video=youtube;9HBJi_zp9n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HBJi_zp9n8[/video]

To us Christian that political correctness is a double stand to us.
Aha I see the point of this. Sorry for misunderstanding you in the first place.

Jɑégar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For some reason saying R's and W's was hard to understand me.

I'll give you a example:

When I was in Elementary School. When I said Wesley other kids thought I said, Wrestling. LOL Now I find it funny.
Ahahaha I have several friends who say W instead of R too, but it's okay xD

Awkward Linguist

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
New Jersey teacher, 62, viciously attacked and slammed to the floor by student, 16, because he dared to confiscate boy's phone.

You must be registered for see images

An out-of-control student got into a violent confrontation with his teacher after his phone was confiscated during class.

The ninth grade student was in the middle of a lesson being taught by his physics teacher at John F. Kennedy High School in Paterson, New Jersey, when he flew into a rage.

A video, taken by one of the other students, shows the classroom descend into chaos as the 16-year-old boy wrestles his 62-year-old teacher to the floor.

School officials say that the student, who has not been named, has been suspended. He has also been charged with assault.

Lee McNulty, a retired JFK teacher told NorthJersey.com: 'What strikes me is that the teacher never even defended himself, that just shows how much teachers are afraid of losing their job.'

Peter Tirri, president of the Paterson Education Association, the teachers union, added that he was 'disappointed' that other students didn't try to help the teacher.
Edited. .