Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Players involved: Howard
Mission Rank: B
Story elements chosen:
  • Spread the lie of the Ashikaga Shogunate ( 3 )
  • Plunder some treasure ( 2 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/08/2019
Relevant mission links: [ START ] [ FINISH ]
Additional information: The spread the lie portion refers to actually physically creating a story, by performing actions that would spread throughout the world. So by sinking the ship, in front of the samurai who will return to the Land of Iron and doing it in such a way that makes it impossible not to tell the story to others is what it was referring to. "Plunder some treasure" took a sideline to the main element this time which was actually crafting a story to be told by the victims of the piracy. This is reinforced by how I had my clone talk during the mission continually bringing up the lie that he was working for Takauji Ashikaga and that he and his crew were the "Hangurian Privateers" I made sinking the ship an ordeal, as well to really sell that angle. I probably should have made it a higher rank but eh.

Mission Passed: I agree with the last statement about the mission rank. But both elements have been satisfied, so it's fine. I like the integration of these NW figureheads and their status into your narrative – Goetia

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuki

Supreme
Kin
1,154💸
Kumi
30,042💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Players involved: Inethas
Story elements chosen: Fight and subdue an enemy fighter without inflicting much harm to them (B)
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 9th June 2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/concord-dawn-207.768203/#post-21942734
Additional information: I'm accompanying Nakiri, so my mission is tied to his story (post above mine).

Mission Passed. Barely. You're skating just on the threshold between pass and fail. I suggest elaborating more on the fighting if these are the types of missions you want to pursue in the future. Draw the fights out a bit longer, make your characters intentions more known, and try to go back and forth a bit more, push and pull with your opponent, just don't go through the motions. You're in total control over the fight, controlling your opponent completely so make it bigger, more dangerous, and more interesting, at least for a B-rank.

Checked by
@Howard

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Story elements chosen:
  • Choose between what is right and what is easy ( 3 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 03/27/2019
Relevant mission links: [ x ]
Additional information: Somehow I overlooked this mission and never posted it for grading.

I probably got sidetracked and forgot I even did it. It was the direct follow up to this mission that has already been checked. [ x ]

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission Rank: D
Story elements chosen:
  • Pull a prank or something prank-like ( 1 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/11/2019
Additional information: The prank was forcing the Uchiha NPC to go along with the whole thing, and just generally causing a disturbance to the surrounding landmark.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Story elements chosen:
  • Investigate the history of a landmark ( 3 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/14/2019
Additional information:

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: The pervy sage
Story elements chosen:
- Fight an individual of comparable strength
- Explore the history of something
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 14th June 2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/ice-falls-186.756201/post-21943297
Additional information: Gandalf enters into the ancient building in search of knowledge to be met with a challenge...

Mission Passed. The first element felt a bit light but sufficient. Try putting more danger into "comparable strength."

Checked by
@Howard

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: C
Story elements chosen:

- Defend yourself from wild beasts
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 19th June 2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/ice-falls-186.756201/post-21943912
Additional information: Gandalf thought he'd escaped... maybe from one foe....

Mission Passed. The genjutsu the spiders used was a cool idea. Made for a cool opening.

Checked by
@Howard

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Players involved: Zatanna
Mission Rank: C
Story elements chosen:

- Do some light meditation (1)
- Claim a landmark (2)
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 20th June 2019
Relevant mission links:

Mission Passed. This almost failed, passing only because of its low rank. I'd suggest actually making a concrete task next time instead of being vague for example "Alter the terrain to claim a landmark" if it's inhospitable, "Clear out hostile beasts to claim a landmark" if it's overrun, etc. "Claim a landmark" is almost too vague to be a storyboard element.

Checked by @Howard

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission Rank: S
Story elements chosen:
  • Push back the cultist's infestation ( 5 )
  • Learn about Yin and Yang ( 4 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/21/2019
Relevant mission links: [ START ] [ END ]
Additional information:

-Cobalt-

Legendary
Kin
132💸
Kumi
5,134💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: -Cobalt-
Story elements chosen: Deal with a traumatic event from your past
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 22/06/2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/gondolin-230.768224/#post-21944746
Additional information: This storyboard mission marks the begining of Sylvanas Windrunners story in the NW.

Mission Passed

-Cobalt-

Legendary
Kin
132💸
Kumi
5,134💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: C-rank
Story elements chosen:
D-rank (1): Explore a landmark
C-rank (2): Defend yourself from wild beasts
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 22/06/2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/leth-nurae-229.768223/#post-21944793
Additional information:
Sylvanas encounters first troubles at the beginning of her journey and sees what the world has to offer outside the safety of her home.

Mission Passed

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Story elements chosen:
  • Explore an abandoned site ( 2 )
  • Try to heal the spreading rot and destruction ( 4 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/22/2019
Additional information: I mentioned in the summary that the second element was supposed to be the bio trying and failing the task to realize that his goals will take time. No matter how hard he pushes or tries to cheat, to get to the end, it'll take time, and effort to get what he wants. It's sort of a way to motivate the character to keep pushing the limits to learn what he could do to fix, and heal what he wants. In this case, the scourge left by the Mother Cult's destruction.

Korra.

Sage of Snakes
Supreme
Kin
2,212💸
Kumi
4,343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Players involved: Korra
Story elements chosen:
Rumors spread through the east of the Mother Cult and their excavation site. You as a shinobi of Tsumigakure are tasked with traveling to Excavation Site ( 244 ) and spying upon the Necromancers, cultists and the undead. Your job is to gather as much usable information as possible in non-combative ways. Things like their objectives, their level of intelligence, their positions and order of command. Stay out of sight, and don't be found. You are permitted to do this as a group or solo.

Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 6/23/ 2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/the-lost-shores-239.768233/#post-21944757
https://animebase.me/threads/excavation-site-244.768238/#post-21944897
https://animebase.me/threads/the-lost-shores-239.768233/
Additional information: As said to me by Howard, this is a village mission as the adm bug won't let me have access to the village sub forum so I can not post it on there.

Mission Failed: Detail was too little, and your bio didn't have a very active role in the mission, like exploring the landmark further to search for even more information

-Cobalt-

Legendary
Kin
132💸
Kumi
5,134💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: C-rank
Story elements chosen:
B-rank (3)- Enter a village outpost without being seen. (custom)
D-rank (1)- Explore a landmark
B-rank (3)- Scout potential threats
D-rank (1)- Eavesdrop on a conversation (custom)
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 25/06.2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/the-lost-shores-239.768233/page-2#post-21945296
Additional information:
After travelling for a while Sylvanas find an outpost with a port seeking to travel westwards but wants to investigate the outpost a little more and see who leads the outpost and what their intentions are as well as see if they are fit for her to fulfill her mission as ambassador for the Noldor clan in a larger community.

Mission Passed

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Story elements chosen:
  • Establish control over a hostile area ( 5 )
  • Destroy a large group or settlement ( 5 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/25/2019
Additional information: I established control over a cultist landmark and destroyed the group that was stationed there.

-Cobalt-

Legendary
Kin
132💸
Kumi
5,134💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mission Rank: A-rank
Story elements chosen:

B-rank (3): Explore the history of something
A-Rank (4): Meet with a major faction representative

Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 25/6/2019- 25/6/2019
Relevant mission links: 1 2 3
Additional information:
Sylvanas arrives at a Tsumigakure outpost in Tobusekai and meets Sado, the Kage of Tsumigakure. She meets with him and learns about the history of the village as well as the Mother cult which is plaguing Tobusekai.

Mission Passed

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Mission Rank: A
Story elements chosen:
  • Deal with a problem in a tactical manner, instead of through direct confrontation ( 4 )
  • Take responsibility for the actions of your Clan and/or its members ( 4 )
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 06/25/2019
Relevant mission links: [ START ] [ x ] [ END ]
Additional information: I dealt with an intruder "problem" by tactically, and diplomatically negotiating with them until they joined my village instead of fighting or battling them. I took responsibility for the actions of my clan/village by explaining what we've done in Tobusekai and what we've done to get to where we are as a whole.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Story elements chosen:

- Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself
Date of beginning & date of conclusion: 25th June 2019
Relevant mission links: https://animebase.me/threads/ice-falls-186.756201/post-21945440
Additional information: Time to deal with that balrog ay?

Mission Failed. Alright, this is a good narrative but it comes down to effort and tone for me. The direct effort was a bit short for an S rank, now when I say this, realize your first three paragraphs were setup narration getting you to your fight. For this, you could have added an additional storyboard element, that way you could have even gone a bit heavier with this opening and made it matter and count. The portion dedicated to your mission feels like an A rank and would have passed if it were an A rank element like "Fight an enemy stronger than yourself ( 4 )" for example. Secondly, the tone, this feels more like the previous mission that you did. You create a narrative push, and pull, with your bio's opponent but you never make it so he completely outclasses your bio being "much stronger." He knocks your bio back, it slyly knocks him from the bridge, he pulls your bio down you fight back and forth while falling.

Checked by
@Howard

The_Empire

Supreme
Kin
6,343💸
Kumi
3,494💴
Trait Points
18⚔️
Players involved: Solf J. Kimblee