chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All this talk about how many dolls Hawkins can have keeps making me think about what type of process he has to go through in order to make the dolls in the first place..

Like let's say his limit is 20.. and he gets 17 lives destroyed by someone.. with 3 lives left, his opponent still standing strong and alert ready to keep trying to kill Hawkins, do you think Hawkins can just make more dolls mid-fight?

I feel like there has to be some sort of difficult, or at least time consuming, process behind his DF powers and these dolls.. I mean, or else it would be too OP cause then he technically wouldn't even have a "limit" in the first place right?

What do you think?
Here's how I've been thinking it works lately.

Hawkins needs a personal item from the person(as is standard in voodoo dolls in order to make the effect of the doll transfer to the target) I think he gets this from them at the time they join his crew and he makes the doll then. In his captain quarters is a collection of his dolls(1 per crew mate) and before leaving his boat based on what he plans to happen he grabs x amount of dolls. It seems to me his casual number is 10. I imagine if he knows he's going into battle against a strong opponent he'd load more. I also doubt he could carry all his dolls at once or else like you said that's over kill but he carries them in that Strawman right, that thing seems pretty decent sized, I doubt 10's the limit.

Here's the thing I wonder about. Does he have to have the dolls on him to transfer damage? It seems so based on his dialogue with Kizaru but what if he does have more on the boat, can the damage transfer to them still or does he have to be within a range of his dolls maybe not specifically on his body but within x meters say? I also wonder if he can choose when to transfer damage or if it happens automatically as long as he has a doll available, say he has 1 doll left and takes a chop to the arm can he choose to lose his arm and save it for a kill shot or not?

Speculating on Hawkins' powers. Maybe he could also do the reverse. He now uses the lives of crewmates and others to protect himself from incoming hits. But if he can do that what would stop him from making a voodoo doll from Zoro or Luffy. That would give a whole new dimension to his fruit and threat.

He can use that in 2 ways, 1 is to torture the receiver and damage them. The other method would be much cooler. Let's say Hawkins is able to make a Voodoo doll out of Zoro and slips it inside of himself. That would mean that in an one on one fight with Zoro he is going to have to play some kind of Russian roulette with his own life. If that doesn't sound like the most Zoroesque fight ever, I don't know what is.

Finding a way to beat Hawkins without killing yourself in the process.
I'm thinking he either has to have consent which would be weird but might explain why the dolls are connected to his crew mates and not random pirates he's met and defeated over his career you know. I mean why wouldn't he just take prisoners to make dolls from and spare his crew? Or he has to obtain a personal item from the target which is possible mid fight. Now I'm picturing Hawkins in a Hidan-esque manner.

As for the fight, we've seen Zoro willing to lose limbs to finish a fight multiple times before.

Ok... Ill use a Naruto style argument for this. Scan he can use more than 10 or he cant till otherwise
I've shown you the scan implying he can directly from his own words but again I ask why would you assume he hasn't developed at all in over 2 years?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.