Wrappering_

Regular
Kin
266💸
Kumi
8,528💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What made you think Zoro has the future sight?
He'd gone thru a lot getting to this point, so I thought he might have gotten it, but it doesn't look the case.
I'm still not ruling it out fully. He might have guessed that a large strawman would fire straw bullets or something, and not nails.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Than again, just nails actually did damage, but imo thats more of a inconsistent plot point

Nice chap, great example of one part why luffy is my fav character :)
Zoro was protecting Luffy and the kid so he had to take the nails head on...
Also check this out, Zoro's attack not only cut the demon but it also cut Hawkins as well! Like how amazing is that?
You must be registered for see images

~Naruto&Itachi~

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Also check this out, Zoro's attack not only cut the demon but it also cut Hawkins as well! Like how amazing is that?
You do remember him cutting a mountain right?? That is not a big feat for Zoro

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think the point he is making is that zoro seems quite superior even compared to someone who is a peer which is quite impressive.
I think that is far to soon to tell. Hawkins didn't even flinch, he isn't panicked, he didn't even try to dodge or block. To call him superior based on a skirmish that was clearly set up to demonstrate Hawkins' powers is too much.

Is Zoro stronger? probably. But I think Hawkins will prove a tricky opponent, he won't have an easy fight. Zoro always struggles against people with strange abilities.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not true
been reading the manga for years and everytime I see "double issue" I always assumed double chapters. Specially seeming as some mangas do follow that. Some mangas literally just add a couple extra pages. When one piece do it, I assume they just lied or forgot or didnt care. I never think too much of it. But I thought the same thing
Then you really to grow some self-awarness as this is a series read by millions of people around the world and the notification that next time it's a double issue, isn't that rare. You should very well have realized that when not a single time ever there was a 2nd chapter, this really couldn't be attributed to them simply having lied or just forgot it.

As I said, really the only people who believe that a OP double issue means two chapters, are the one who just started reading series and the reason I said that was because I reckoned that everyone else would be able to notice the pattern after the 2nd or 3rd time.

This. Ive been reading the manga forever. And ive seen double chapters when it says that. Maybe not everytime but my point still stands, its stupid the way they say that. Considering its the one piece manga they are supposed to be promoting on its last page, not the magazine issue itself. Of course it will confuse people.
That's because there are series who do it, only OP is not one of them and has never been as far as I can remember and I've been reading it for years. Again that's why I said that the only people who think that are the ones who just started reading the series.

And no your rant is based on ignorance as you seem to have no idea how the manga industry works or do I need to remind you that the way how we read these series is actually not the way how we are supposed to be reading them? So your rant is completely misplaced as complaining that it's not user-friendly for the people who pretty much read online illegal extracts from manga magazines, isn't really a solid premise to base your rant on.

double issue shouldn't be for last week, it was just OP on break, double issues are for when wsj is on break, i think that will be next week (the break), im not 100% sure tho
I just formulated that way to make it less complicated as they already seem to have a hard time understanding this concept as it is.

He'd gone thru a lot getting to this point, so I thought he might have gotten it, but it doesn't look the case.
I'm still not ruling it out fully. He might have guessed that a large strawman would fire straw bullets or something, and not nails.
Oda already confirmed that Zoro's specialty is the CoA, so it was never really likely that's he's going to develop foresight. Also that's really not ability that suddenly should become standard in the arsenal of every main character.

Last edited:

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bepo with a Top knot :lmao:

I told people not to count Hawkins out lol he has some cool abilities and I'm pretty sure we havent seen the full extent of what he can do yet. That voodoo construct he created was badass kind of reminded me of Daifuku the way he was controlling it.

Lol so I guess Luffy really doesnt know how to use a sword at all, in fact he looked so inept with it he pretty much was trying to punch with it in his hand lol.

I see Laws crew but I dont see Law, I wonder what hes up to, I get he training on that mountain somewhere. Things are starting to get interesting.

10/10 chapter

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes i know, the part i was refering to was zoro not simply protecting himself with armament against ... nails :/

Carpchonay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes i know, the part i was refering to was zoro not simply protecting himself with armament against ... nails :/
Isnt it obvious that Zoro has to be nerfed because he would rape Hawkins. Hawkins isnt even a combat type. Those nails only pissed Zoro off. No real damage. Luffy couldn't even react to Zoro's slash. Zoro is getting hyped up slowly to build up to his fight against the shogun. Can't be hyped up too much in the first couple of chapters.

Carpchonay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then you really to grow some self-awarness as this is a series read by millions of people around the world and the notification that next time it's a double issue, isn't that rare. You should very well have realized that when not a single time ever there was a 2nd chapter, this really couldn't be attributed to them simply having lied or just forgot it.

As I said, really the only people who believe that a OP double issue means two chapters, are the one who just started reading series and the reason I said that was because I reckoned that everyone else would be able to notice the pattern after the 2nd or 3rd time.

That's because there are series who do it, only OP is not one of them and has never been as far as I can remember and I've been reading it for years. Again that's why I said that the only people who think that are the ones who just started reading the series.

And no your rant is based on ignorance as you seem to have no idea how the manga industry works or do I need to remind you that the way how we read these series is actually not the way how we are supposed to be reading them? So your rant is completely misplaced as complaining that it's not user-friendly for the people who pretty much read online illegal extracts from manga magazines, isn't really a solid premise to base your rant on.

I just formulated that way to make it less complicated as they already seem to have a hard time understanding this concept as it is.

Oda already confirmed that Zoro's specialty is the CoA, so it was never really likely that's he's going to develop foresight. Also that's really not ability that suddenly should become standard in the arsenal of every main character.
Do you always have to write a full essay when responding? Can we have ONE day where you just double space and write 5 times less than usual? Or is that too much to ask for, good ma'am?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Guys Zoro technically "killed" Hawkins twice right? That means he is the first straw hat to kill a major character.
No, Zoro technically 'killed' fodder. Otherwise everyone who shot Luffy in the head with a bullet, technically killed Luffy. Or every fatal attack countered by a logia should be fatal too. You can't take away their power as you please, that's part of their character, a dumb way to produce fake hype, which leads to people saying that Zoro is 'quite superior' to Hawkins. What an amazing conclusion after he did no damage and got hurt for the first time in the New World. You're a false hype prophet, start with it in post 2 of this thread and it's the only thing you have to say about this chapter. Discuss it normally and stick to what happened.

Also Chopper actually killed Hiruluk.

PS: don't forget, no spiteful comments on my profile again. I shut down that shit hard.

Carpchonay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, Zoro technically 'killed' fodder. Otherwise everyone who shot Luffy in the head with a bullet, technically killed Luffy. Or every fatal attack countered by a logia should be fatal too. You can't take away their power as you please, that's part of their character, a dumb way to produce fake hype, which leads to people saying that Zoro is 'quite superior' to Hawkins. What an amazing conclusion after he did no damage and got hurt for the first time in the New World. You're a false hype prophet, start with it in post 2 of this thread and it's the only thing you have to say about this chapter. Discuss it normally and stick to what happened.

PS: don't forget, no spiteful comments on my profile again. I shut down that shit hard.
Someone's vein popped... Lmfao. You sound like you're coming down off of something. Hawkins is a scrub.

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Hawkins can only "respawn" if he is killed. He has to die in order for him to respawn. So Zoro did kill him.

I am not spreading false hype. I am talking about what happened in the manga :- Hawkins was not able to react to Zoro's flying slash which according to Luffy it happened in an "instant"
Hawkins probably didn't even know that he was just "killed"
Zoro was obviously too fast and powerful.

You can try and disguise your posts all you want bro, it won't hide the salt.
I bet you save a lot of money since you never have to purchase salt. I bet you could start your own salt factory and make billions. The amount of salt in your body is greater than what is in the ocean. Change your name to Love Salt.

Only man in this thread trying to downplay Zoro. Enjoy Wano bro, Zoro will cut down Apoo next.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All i got from this chapter was: zoro really is a lot stronger than people think
And I don’t know why people are doubting Zoro right now with Luffy as his captain. By default Zoro is sharing the same title as Dogtooth and Marco right now. Not saying that Zoro is on their level but he should be getting close.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hawkins can only "respawn" if he is killed. He has to die in order for him to respawn. So Zoro did kill him.

I am not spreading false hype. I am talking about what happened in the manga :- Hawkins was not able to react to Zoro's flying slash which according to Luffy it happened in an "instant"

I bet you save a lot of money since you never have to purchase salt. I bet you could start your own salt factory and make billions. The amount of salt in your body is greater than what is in the ocean. Change your name to Love Salt.

Only man in this thread trying to downplay Zoro. Enjoy Wano bro, Zoro will cut down Apoo next.
tbf Hawkins power doesn't just negate death shots it negates all damage. I don't know if Hawkins can choose which damage to transfer to a doll or not but say awkins had his arm cut off he could transfer that damage to a crew mate as well.

Carpchonay

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Bro. Look at his response. He's not hiding his salt. Its so obvious hes raging inside. He still cant handle that Sanjis best feat was baking a cake that big mom loved while Zoro over here still making him look like a fodder. Zoro > Hawkins and its not close. Hawkins is slow and not a combat type. Hes a pussy type. Like the shitty cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.