Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
there is a difference, logias can be cut infinite amount of times and come back. For hawkins it is 10. so 20 or 30% of his life force was over in that fight.
That's just a difference in the mechanic, but the overall concept and the end result are still the same as both of them use their powers to avoid what should be lethal wounds. That Hawkins has a limit isn't relevant as that limit wasn't reached.

Also we don't know the limit of Hawkins extra lives, he just said 10 as an example, but it might just as well be a hundred.

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's just a difference in the mechanic, but the overall concept and the end result are still the same as both of them use their powers to avoid what should be lethal wounds. That Hawkins has a limit isn't relevant as that limit wasn't reached.

Also we don't know the limit of Hawkins extra lives, he just said 10 as an example, but it might just as well be a hundred.
One is finite and another is infinite. That is not the same. We know that’s it’s been 10 so far anything more is speculation.

Last edited:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One is finite and another is infinite. That is not the same. We know that’s it’s been 10 so far anything more is speculation.
It's just a trope, those things are free hits. Instead of good CoA, tekkai, a Rubber or a logia body he has this mechanic. Also I can already guarantee that he won't lose life #2 as easily as #10. Ten is way too much to be losing one by one with serious attacks. He will probably burn through the first 7 quickly before his literal trump card comes out.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Again that's irrelevant to this discussion. That would only be relevant if the limit was reached, which it wasn't even close.

Hypothetically you have two characters, one logia and Hawkins, and Zoro tries to decapitate both of them twice. Neither of them die = result is exactly the same. Both of them didn't die because of their DF powers = conceptually again the same.

This discussion is about whether or not we can say, as Passerby said, Zoro is the first Strawhat who killed a major character, only that seems a bit of a pointless interpretation when it's part of Hawkins' powers to redirect damage he receives. That there is a limit to that, is not relevant as Zoro never reached that limit.

This is not a discussion about how two DF are different in how they work.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, So Hawkins is awesome. It's pretty cool that he went up against Luffy and Zoro with little to no fear. Or... well, he was apprehensive about it. He probably knew how things would turn out in the end if they actually fought for real.

It's awesome seeing Zoro easily go toe to toe with him. I always think of him as the second strongest among the SHs, but he's also a part of the Worst Generation, and he probably ranks pretty high among them. Actually, ranking them is really difficult. They're all powerful.

Luffy just being a knucklehead is very typical
You must be registered for see images
I was kinda hoping to see him actually try to use the sword, but instead, he's just holding it while punching
It was awesome that Zoro could sense that it was a powerful sword. He really should get it! I wonder how much his strength will increase with it.

Hawkins' estimation of all of them surviving was bleak... But he didn't estimate whether they would win or not, just if they would survive or not. So in the grand scheme of things, that bodes well. Going up against a Yonko with no losses is incredibly difficult. I wonder who will bite the bullet, if anyone does.

More about Hawkins, his abilities were expanded upon a good amount in just one chapter. He damaged Zoro pretty easily, but Zoro also cut his doll in half very easily, too. Not sure what that means for Hawkins. He can only spam ten of those dolls. But his powers are also affected by his cards, so who knows how strong he can actually be?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, So Hawkins is awesome. It's pretty cool that he went up against Luffy and Zoro with little to no fear. Or... well, he was apprehensive about it. He probably knew how things would turn out in the end if they actually fought for real.

It's awesome seeing Zoro easily go toe to toe with him. I always think of him as the second strongest among the SHs, but he's also a part of the Worst Generation, and he probably ranks pretty high among them. Actually, ranking them is really difficult. They're all powerful.

Luffy just being a knucklehead is very typical
I was kinda hoping to see him actually try to use the sword, but instead, he's just holding it while punching
It was awesome that Zoro could sense that it was a powerful sword. He really should get it! I wonder how much his strength will increase with it.

Hawkins' estimation of all of them surviving was bleak... But he didn't estimate whether they would win or not, just if they would survive or not. So in the grand scheme of things, that bodes well. Going up against a Yonko with no losses is incredibly difficult. I wonder who will bite the bullet, if anyone does.

More about Hawkins, his abilities were expanded upon a good amount in just one chapter. He damaged Zoro pretty easily, but Zoro also cut his doll in half very easily, too. Not sure what that means for Hawkins. He can only spam ten of those dolls. But his powers are also affected by his cards, so who knows how strong he can actually be?
We don't know that he can only make ten though he could make more based on the description of his power.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hawkins obviously has a limit on lives he can use just as luffy with his time limits. And his limit is 10 lives until oda says otherwise. "Hi my name is oda and im going to use hawkins to say he has 10 lives but i want everyone to think he can have a bunch more"

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hawkins obviously has a limit on lives he can use just as luffy with his time limits. And his limit is 10 lives until oda says otherwise. "Hi my name is oda and im going to use hawkins to say he has 10 lives but i want everyone to think he can have a bunch more"
Why would Basil's first showing be his best? Luffy's already improved his G4 time issues even if minimally why do you think Hawkins wouldn't be able to 2 years after us seeing it? We've already seen him be in a situation where he needed 10 and that was his walking around number, he just happened to get caught in crossfire at Sabaody.

What else would he mean by facing an Admiral with just 10 bodies just isn't wise if he can't make more? The way his power was described as of now he can make one doll per crew mate(and probably does the day they join) and can carry as many as he is capable of.

In fact we're only assuming the dolls have to be on his body to transfer damage when that's not been said yet only shown in the limited instances but for all we know if he has a doll left on the ship damage may still transfer to that one before his real body.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why would Basil's first showing be his best? Luffy's already improved his G4 time issues even if minimally why do you think Hawkins wouldn't be able to 2 years after us seeing it? We've already seen him be in a situation where he needed 10 and that was his walking around number, he just happened to get caught in crossfire at Sabaody.

What else would he mean by facing an Admiral with just 10 bodies just isn't wise if he can't make more? The way his power was described as of now he can make one doll per crew mate(and probably does the day they join) and can carry as many as he is capable of.

In fact we're only assuming the dolls have to be on his body to transfer damage when that's not been said yet only shown in the limited instances but for all we know if he has a doll left on the ship damage may still transfer to that one before his real body.
No one said it was his best. His best would be him going through all 10 lives, or using new lives as he looses lives, but.. I dont see the reason he would stop at 10 if he could go more. The scanyou posted does seem to imply he could go more

They literally all have outside maybe chopper. But he probably has too I’m just too lazy to go look lol
Chopper got fd up gaurding the ship from enels goons so even he too has

Last edited by a moderator:

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Hmm, true i temporarily forgot about that. Its only logical after being in a situation like that he'd try increase his 'durability' levels.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No one said it was his best. His best would be him going through all 10 lives, or using new lives as he looses lives, but.. I dont see the reason he would stop at 10 if he could go more. The scanyou posted does seem to imply he could go more
You said the most he could make is ten, than that means we've seen his best doll producing. Hawkins obviously has a limit on lives he can use just as luffy with his time limits. And his limit is 10 lives If Hawkins has a limit and that limit is ten and we've seen him make 10 at a time than that means we've seen his best, I just don't think that's the case.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You said the most he could make is ten, than that means we've seen his best doll producing. Hawkins obviously has a limit on lives he can use just as luffy with his time limits. And his limit is 10 lives If Hawkins has a limit and that limit is ten and we've seen him make 10 at a time than that means we've seen his best, I just don't think that's the case.
You ignored some of my points

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You ignored some of my points
Because we were talking about doll production not on the spot replacing of new ones that's how conversations get diverted. I wasn't referring to Hawkin's "best" as his best capabilities but his best doll production amount.

This is what the discussion was about so that's what I'm trying to focus on;
Hawkins obviously has a limit on lives he can use just as luffy with his time limits. And his limit is 10 lives

If Hawkins has a limit on lives he can use than that limit is the best amount he can use, whether that limit be 5 or 500. You claimed his limit was 10 thus we've seen his "best" according to your limit because he'll never be able to make more than his limit. We saw Hawkins 2 years ago with 10 and people think he never was able to push it further, accepting that he still has a max of 10 dolls he can make because that's the amount we saw in his one showing prior to the skip.

Hawkins power was just described as being able to make a doll per crew member so that's his limit, how ever many crewmates he has is how many dolls he has. How many he chooses to take with him any given day is a mystery, but it seems like his walking around number is 10 since in both cases we've seen him with 10 on him he didn't expect to come across any big names(Kizaru 1st time, Luffy/Zoro now)

Last edited:

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because we were talking about doll production not on the spot replacing of new ones that's how conversations get diverted. I wasn't referring to Hawkin's "best" as his best capabilities but his best doll production amount.

Hawkins obviously has a limit on lives he can use just as luffy with his time limits. And his limit is 10 lives

If Hawkins has a limit on lives he can use than that limit is the best amount he can use, whether that limit be 5 or 500. You claimed his limit was 10 thus we've seen his "best" according to your limit because he'll never be able to make more than his limit. We saw Hawkins 2 years ago with 10 and people think he never was able to push it further, accepting that he still has a max of 10 dolls he can make because that's the amount we saw in his one showing prior to the skip.

Hawkins power was just described as being able to make a doll per crew member so that's his limit, how ever many crewmates he has is how many dolls he has. How many he chooses to take with him any given day is a mystery, but it seems like his walking around number is 10 since in both cases we've seen him with 10 on him he didn't expect to come across any big names(Kizaru 1st time, Luffy/Zoro now)
All this talk about how many dolls Hawkins can have keeps making me think about what type of process he has to go through in order to make the dolls in the first place..

Like let's say his limit is 20.. and he gets 17 lives destroyed by someone.. with 3 lives left, his opponent still standing strong and alert ready to keep trying to kill Hawkins, do you think Hawkins can just make more dolls mid-fight?

I feel like there has to be some sort of difficult, or at least time consuming, process behind his DF powers and these dolls.. I mean, or else it would be too OP cause then he technically wouldn't even have a "limit" in the first place right?

What do you think?

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All this talk about how many dolls Hawkins can have keeps making me think about what type of process he has to go through in order to make the dolls in the first place..

Like let's say his limit is 20.. and he gets 17 lives destroyed by someone.. with 3 lives left, his opponent still standing strong and alert ready to keep trying to kill Hawkins, do you think Hawkins can just make more dolls mid-fight?

I feel like there has to be some sort of difficult, or at least time consuming, process behind his DF powers and these dolls.. I mean, or else it would be too OP cause then he technically wouldn't even have a "limit" in the first place right?

What do you think?
Probably just the principle of voodoo-dolls following his character-theme, which means he at least needs a piece of the target.

And this one of those typical DF you really shouldn't start considering what the worst is they can do as I sincerely doubt that even Oda does that for every single one of them.

Reactions: LBeezy

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Speculating on Hawkins' powers. Maybe he could also do the reverse. He now uses the lives of crewmates and others to protect himself from incoming hits. But if he can do that what would stop him from making a voodoo doll from Zoro or Luffy. That would give a whole new dimension to his fruit and threat.

He can use that in 2 ways, 1 is to torture the receiver and damage them. The other method would be much cooler. Let's say Hawkins is able to make a Voodoo doll out of Zoro and slips it inside of himself. That would mean that in an one on one fight with Zoro he is going to have to play some kind of Russian roulette with his own life. If that doesn't sound like the most Zoroesque fight ever, I don't know what is.

Finding a way to beat Hawkins without killing yourself in the process.

Sakazuki

Regular
Kin
1,505💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Ok... Ill use a Naruto style argument for this. Scan he can use more than 10 or he cant till otherwise

Speculating on Hawkins' powers. Maybe he could also do the reverse. He now uses the lives of crewmates and others to protect himself from incoming hits. But if he can do that what would stop him from making a voodoo doll from Zoro or Luffy. That would give a whole new dimension to his fruit and threat.

He can use that in 2 ways, 1 is to torture the receiver and damage them. The other method would be much cooler. Let's say Hawkins is able to make a Voodoo doll out of Zoro and slips it inside of himself. That would mean that in an one on one fight with Zoro he is going to have to play some kind of Russian roulette with his own life. If that doesn't sound like the most Zoroesque fight ever, I don't know what is.

Finding a way to beat Hawkins without killing yourself in the process.
This would make Hawkins a beast

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.