Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But you can see why though.
Like Zabuza and Haku.
A nice friendly relationship, nothing set in stone, but it's heavily implied.
And it's big that they portrayed them so intimate with each other, because such is considered taboo, unless used as comic relief
While I don't think half and zabuza was intended to appear that way, I do think haku felt that way towards him... And I think you see the point.

also I feel like it would be hard for most people to relate to. I doubt many here have had feelings for someone but could never have them recognized as love because the other person is the same gender. Most pairings are "good" because they are "well written" (relateable make sense) well most people can't relate to this.

I think it's fantastic this was made on a kids show... Especially in a mature, not "in your face" way.

Maybe a few kids could learn something.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,430💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While I don't think half and zabuza was intended to appear that way, I do think haku felt that way towards him... And I think you see the point.

also I feel like it would be hard for most people to relate to. I doubt many here have had feelings for someone but could never have them recognized as love because the other person is the same gender. Most pairings are "good" because they are "well written" (relateable make sense) well most people can't relate to this.

I think it's fantastic this was made on a kids show... Especially in a mature, not "in your face" way.

Maybe a few kids could learn something.
Haku Zabuza was still kind of open ended. Thus it gave more freedom to readers to take it as they will according to their personal inclinations.

Well if my kid reads it I won't be introducing him to what the creators said about 'good press' and all. If some kid is questioning his or her choices it's better to let them figure it out themselves instead of pushing for ideas.

nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes you are- because you are still seeing it just from one POV.

They got represented- Yay for them!

I had edited my post to make it more clear:

If they feel they are not represented enough because their sexual orientation is not addressed, why can't I feel more detached if I feel it's not representing my taste? I am not opposing their choice. People feel they were let down for all kind of random reasons all the time, don't they?
okay , i bet 90 % of time you get what you want when you read a manga , yea ppl do get let but let down all time for random reasons for but i wouldn't even say this random reson , it may feel random to you but it's not you thats affected like that , look at all the major series out there 99% of them have ended in a straight relationship , are telling it's a crime we have ONE that that went the other way

Gingka Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually their have been many ppl whoed stated questioning themselves at a young age , they may have not have nescarly not what it was but they question themselves

do what you want, i'm not saying have to like it , pretty sad though you think because a charater just happens to fall for the same gender it some how makes her less cool or strong
I'm not really a "forward progressive" type of guy, but I personally had no problem with the relationship because it was a nice scene and I loved the entire episode until that point because the ending itself was so unnecessary and just had no tangible build up to it. The ending didn't ruin the episode for me (it was that good) but it put quite the stain on Korra's overall lineage that she couldn't keep Mako and started dating Asami out of nearly no where.

nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not really a "forward progressive" type of guy, but I personally had no problem with the relationship because it was a nice scene and I loved the entire episode until that point because the ending itself was so unnecessary and just had no tangible build up to it. The ending didn't ruin the episode for me (it was that good) but it put quite the stain on Korra's overall lineage that she couldn't keep Mako and started dating Asami out of nearly no where.
i'm not going to discuss it anymore , i just see don't how a relationship between two ppl of the gender is so bothersome to them, that relates to fictional or personal , argueing they should be censored from kids, you know how hurtful that sounds to someone who is gay butppl don't because it doesn't affect them personally

eyesofthekyuubi44

Veteran
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
exactly...maybe they don't watch the series for good story telling. Better Yet end it with no pairings for korra and let her just focus on avatar stuff.

and for the person yapping about progressive this ain't HBO it's Nick For kids.
Well, unfortunately while the relationship did happen, you can't really just throw it out there or parents would want their kids to stop watching it...

ministerC4

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it made since to me.

I didn't know I loved my boyfriend like that... But then out of no where we both knew.

Besides they had a different friendship unlike the others, and never fought (save for the slight argument about her father... But they quickly made up)

I really felt a connection between them but never expected they'd get to end up together. I like it. Although Im probably a little biased, I still think the relationship was developed great with underlying friendship finally making them realize they were more than just friends.

Besides, Korra clearly had boy issues of some kind- now we know why.
I love it.
These two things ^
I wonder why everyone is so upset about the pairing.. it was seen a mile away.
The only doubt was "Would they do this on tv?"

I think it was developed well, not amazingly, just well thought out.

FemmeFatale

Supreme
Kin
156💸
Kumi
2,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
These two things ^
I wonder why everyone is so upset about the pairing.. it was seen a mile away.
The only doubt was "Would they do this on tv?"

I think it was developed well, not amazingly, just well thought out.
Right, and Korra wasn't such an innocent show to begin with. Doesn't it come on Teen-Nick. And subtle implication of homosexuality was shown, that most kids probably wouldn't even get, but people are okay will the full blown making out.

Lol, I did kinda feel something when Asami got mad at Korra when she came back.

ministerC4

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right, and Korra wasn't such an innocent show to begin with. Doesn't it come on Teen-Nick. And subtle implication of homosexuality was shown, that most kids probably wouldn't even get, but people are okay will the full blown making out.

Lol, I did kinda feel something when Asami got mad at Korra when she came back.
That too, I thought it sealed the deal that something was certainly up with them.
Korra was far too concerned with Asami and her father's relationship.

But that was fueled by the fact that I was like "Looka that dog all over Korra, licking her and holding her ass, head in her chest.. Lucky dog.. if it was a guy(dog) that'd look extremely perverted to me..."

But what really decided for me that the pair had a chance is that somehow and for some reason Asami had gotten more "talkative" and involved with Korra, the two also seemed to show a lot of neglect to anything Mako said.

Korra wasn't remotely flattered and showed nothing but hate to a random guy who showed that he was into her, along with Asami.

But the end is what got me, "I don't know this reminded me a lot like the old times. Except the getting on everyone's nerves part."~Asami
"That is like old times for me and Korra."~Mako

That may not be exactly what was said, but it's close enough.
That felt like the most subtle yet largest hint there was..

I also thought about the fact that Asami was being a makeup whore, while Korra was having manly fights in cages.. Boy-Girl.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whether or not you like the pairing/relationship, it is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that the relationship was ridiculously forced on to the audience.
You want to talk parallels? Well Aang and Katara had many encounters on screen where they were obviously falling for each other. Aang even rejected the Avatar State at one point to go save her. That much is obvious.
Having a shady, behind the scenes move like Korra contacting only Asami is really nothing to go by, and in First World countries is quite normal for a girl to go to a girl when she is dealing with issues("Mean Girls" and of course when a chick goes to the restroom).

Ever since Korra got back into the thick of things, she has had zero development with Asami and you guys are claiming it to be obvious? Bullshit.

That was crap writing, even for a younger audience.
There was nothing at all which indicated their relationship even being a major factor in the final season like Aang and Katara.

Now I understand those who are in favor hold a strong emotional communication to the ending, but I believing that is blinding your authenticity to good comprehension and discernment of good plot writing.

If you want a bigger emotional attachment, here is one to consider - Why did Korra and Asami end up together?
Nickelodeon is American, and America is dealing with 'equality' bullshit at the moment.

Korra, because of Mako.
Asami, because of her Dad.

Blame it on the guys and because of the guys, the girls wanted love and couldn't get it from a guy and then ended up together.
Heck, even Korra and Asami acting like total weirdo's is not good for the progressive moment.
"If you're gay, just be gay and stop being a scared kid" is ultimately what progressives want, but this series just pointed out that something catastrophic needs to happen for homosexuals to come out and be normal. This should not be if you are trying to be a darn progressive.
Just goes to show that Nickelodeon are calling females insecure that they have to run away from their issues.

Now whether you like it or not, comic writing is for entertainment purposes before anything else and it holds connection to the setting of the Era i.e Marvel/DC during the World Wars. This series, through a bad writing process, has tried it's best to keep up with the ongoing issues of the day. But forcing a relationship which had no development is just plain ridiculous.

Now personal attachment sucks because it's a fact that people are not born gay, and to better prove that fact is how Korra and Asami ended up.
"But that just means their bisexual" BULLSHiT. Most Bisexuals are not nymphomaniacs who are over-driven with constant orgasmic experiences which result in an awkward scheduled need for affection which hinders their emotional state entirely.

Anyhow... Take it as you want.
This relationship, although it is one, was unnecessarily forced into the ending with no development.

Keimil

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved it, and I don't think It was forced at all, some people were expecting a different pairing and this ending caught them by surprise, but there were many hints, Korra even blushed one time when Asami and her were alone...

Gingka Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whether or not you like the pairing/relationship, it is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that the relationship was ridiculously forced on to the audience.
You want to talk parallels? Well Aang and Katara had many encounters on screen where they were obviously falling for each other. Aang even rejected the Avatar State at one point to go save her. That much is obvious.
Having a shady, behind the scenes move like Korra contacting only Asami is really nothing to go by, and in First World countries is quite normal for a girl to go to a girl when she is dealing with issues("Mean Girls" and of course when a chick goes to the restroom).

Ever since Korra got back into the thick of things, she has had zero development with Asami and you guys are claiming it to be obvious? Bullshit.

That was crap writing, even for a younger audience.
There was nothing at all which indicated their relationship even being a major factor in the final season like Aang and Katara.

Now I understand those who are in favor hold a strong emotional communication to the ending, but I believing that is blinding your authenticity to good comprehension and discernment of good plot writing.

If you want a bigger emotional attachment, here is one to consider - Why did Korra and Asami end up together?
Nickelodeon is American, and America is dealing with 'equality' bullshit at the moment.

Korra, because of Mako.
Asami, because of her Dad.

Blame it on the guys and because of the guys, the girls wanted love and couldn't get it from a guy and then ended up together.
Heck, even Korra and Asami acting like total weirdo's is not good for the progressive moment.
"If you're gay, just be gay and stop being a scared kid" is ultimately what progressives want, but this series just pointed out that something catastrophic needs to happen for homosexuals to come out and be normal. This should not be if you are trying to be a darn progressive.
Just goes to show that Nickelodeon are calling females insecure that they have to run away from their issues.

Now whether you like it or not, comic writing is for entertainment purposes before anything else and it holds connection to the setting of the Era i.e Marvel/DC during the World Wars. This series, through a bad writing process, has tried it's best to keep up with the ongoing issues of the day. But forcing a relationship which had no development is just plain ridiculous.

Now personal attachment sucks because it's a fact that people are not born gay, and to better prove that fact is how Korra and Asami ended up.
"But that just means their bisexual" BULLSHiT. Most Bisexuals are not nymphomaniacs who are over-driven with constant orgasmic experiences which result in an awkward scheduled need for affection which hinders their emotional state entirely.

Anyhow... Take it as you want.
This relationship, although it is one, was unnecessarily forced into the ending with no development.
Applause.

Gingka Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I loved it, and I don't think It was forced at all, some people were expecting a different pairing and this ending caught them by surprise, but there were many hints, Korra even blushed one time when Asami and her were alone...
There were MANY hints? You just listed ONE. Korra also blushed when her and Bolin were alone, and their few moments enjoying each other couldn't even be considered a relationship - a very well friendship at the most. That's what Korra/Asami should be considered based on what was shown outside of that final scene. A REALLY GOOD FRIENDSHIP.