Keimil

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There were MANY hints? You just listed ONE. Korra also blushed when her and Bolin were alone, and their few moments enjoying each other couldn't even be considered a relationship - a very well friendship at the most. That's what Korra/Asami should be considered based on what was shown outside of that final scene. A REALLY GOOD FRIENDSHIP.
I only listed one because I am not interested in debating this, It was hinted, even if you see these hints as friendship development, I am sure you wouldn't if the same stuff would happen with Korra and a guy.
Just switch the same hints there were for KorrAsami, and give them to MaKorra, even change the finale, would you think they are just good friends?
Anyway, the creators already confirmed the couple, so there is no other possible interpretation.

Last edited:

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The better question is what has mako (the only other love interest) done for korra for us to come to the conclusion that's was a thing during season 1 & 2?

ministerC4

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whether or not you like the pairing/relationship, it is what it is.

The fact of the matter is that the relationship was ridiculously forced on to the audience.
You want to talk parallels? Well Aang and Katara had many encounters on screen where they were obviously falling for each other. Aang even rejected the Avatar State at one point to go save her. That much is obvious.
Having a shady, behind the scenes move like Korra contacting only Asami is really nothing to go by, and in First World countries is quite normal for a girl to go to a girl when she is dealing with issues("Mean Girls" and of course when a chick goes to the restroom).

Ever since Korra got back into the thick of things, she has had zero development with Asami and you guys are claiming it to be obvious? Bullshit.

That was crap writing, even for a younger audience.
There was nothing at all which indicated their relationship even being a major factor in the final season like Aang and Katara.

Now I understand those who are in favor hold a strong emotional communication to the ending, but I believing that is blinding your authenticity to good comprehension and discernment of good plot writing.

If you want a bigger emotional attachment, here is one to consider - Why did Korra and Asami end up together?
Nickelodeon is American, and America is dealing with 'equality' bullshit at the moment.

Korra, because of Mako.
Asami, because of her Dad.

Blame it on the guys and because of the guys, the girls wanted love and couldn't get it from a guy and then ended up together.
Heck, even Korra and Asami acting like total weirdo's is not good for the progressive moment.
"If you're gay, just be gay and stop being a scared kid" is ultimately what progressives want, but this series just pointed out that something catastrophic needs to happen for homosexuals to come out and be normal. This should not be if you are trying to be a darn progressive.
Just goes to show that Nickelodeon are calling females insecure that they have to run away from their issues.

Now whether you like it or not, comic writing is for entertainment purposes before anything else and it holds connection to the setting of the Era i.e Marvel/DC during the World Wars. This series, through a bad writing process, has tried it's best to keep up with the ongoing issues of the day. But forcing a relationship which had no development is just plain ridiculous.

Now personal attachment sucks because it's a fact that people are not born gay, and to better prove that fact is how Korra and Asami ended up.
"But that just means their bisexual" BULLSHiT. Most Bisexuals are not nymphomaniacs who are over-driven with constant orgasmic experiences which result in an awkward scheduled need for affection which hinders their emotional state entirely.

Anyhow... Take it as you want.
This relationship, although it is one, was unnecessarily forced into the ending with no development.
Um..
Bruh, you just created an entire goddamn scene based off of one lesbian couple..
You basically said, " No one is born gay ."

" Because no one is born gay, Korra and Asami had to experience something catastrophic to become open about being gay, AND normal, so the message Korra and Asami sends is that you have to experience something catastrophic to be normal and gay ."

Then you get ever more worse,
" Even if they are bisexuals that's bullshit, most bisexuals don't usually rather women more often than men "

You said more crap, but I'm not even getting at the rest.
Bruh you spewed NO facts, all you did was claim "All gays are born gay." Which has a huge amount of evidence going against it, and as so is debatable, also very DAMN untrue.

Secondly you say they are telling gays that they need to experience something catastrophic in order to be normal and gay. That's the part that's so filled with bullshit, firstly like I had said, the fact that they were born gay is debatable, which means they didn't need to be open about shit if they probably weren't born gay, either way they could just have been born straight or bisexual, OR they just didn't feel the need to go around saying how sexy other women are.
Secondly, you just said they needed something catastrophic to BE NORMAL?
What the **** man. Just because you didn't see them going to other woman and grabbing their tits, or telling them how much they're in love with them means they're abnormal?

I hated your entire wall.
And how does them going through emotional crap, then deciding to get together even sends that being open about being gay only happens after something terrible?
That's like saying "Aang popped out of an iceberg and liked Katara, because that's his first time shown liking a girl, it must require you to break out of an iceberg to like a girl, that must be the message they are sending."

I never really hated any members on here, not even close.
But you, I personally hate from just this wall.

Last edited:

Gingka Uzumaki

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I only listed one because I am not interested in debating this, It was hinted, even if you see these hints as friendship development, I am sure you wouldn't if the same stuff would happen with Korra and a guy.
Just switch the same hints there were for KorrAsami, and give them to MaKorra, even change the finale, would you think they are just good friends?
Anyway, the creators already confirmed the couple, so there is no other possible interpretation.
Like I listed, there's no real difference between the short lived "relationship" between Bolin and KOrra. And there was MASSIVE hints with Korra and Mako, as in the PHYSICAL kind, the actual lovey dovey kind. Have you seen two girls be friends? That's how Korra and Asami acted.

Keimil

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like I listed, there's no real difference between the short lived "relationship" between Bolin and KOrra. And there was MASSIVE hints with Korra and Mako, as in the PHYSICAL kind, the actual lovey dovey kind. Have you seen two girls be friends? That's how Korra and Asami acted.
I disagree, I think you are only seeing what you want to see.

For example, if Korra had written either to Mako or Bolin only, or stated that any of them is the one she feels it easier to speak with, would you still consider it a friend talk?

I don't think so...

The creators made an entire post about it on tumblr....
I know, this is pointless... I am out...

All the haters will stay mad, no matter how many debates there are about this...

Last edited:

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Um..
Bruh, you just created an entire goddamn scene based off of one lesbian couple..
You basically said, " No one is born gay ."

" Because no one is born gay, Korra and Asami had to experience something catastrophic to become open about being gay, AND normal, so the message Korra and Asami sends is that you have to experience something catastrophic to be normal and gay ."

Then you get ever more worse,
" Even if they are bisexuals that's bullshit, most bisexuals don't usually rather women more often than men "

You said more crap, but I'm not even getting at the rest.
Bruh you spewed NO facts, all you did was claim "All gays are born gay." Which has a huge amount of evidence going against it, and as so is debatable, also very DAMN untrue.

Secondly you say they are telling gays that they need to experience something catastrophic in order to be normal and gay. That's the part that's so filled with bullshit, firstly like I had said, the fact that they were born gay is debatable, which means they didn't need to be open about shit if they probably weren't born gay, either way they could just have been born straight or bisexual, OR they just didn't feel the need to go around saying how sexy other women are.
Secondly, you just said they needed something catastrophic to BE NORMAL?
What the **** man. Just because you didn't see them going to other woman and grabbing their tits, or telling them how much they're in love with them means they're abnormal?

I hated your entire wall.
And how does them going through emotional crap, then deciding to get together even sends that being open about being gay only happens after something terrible?
That's like saying "Aang popped out of an iceberg and liked Katara, because that's his first time shown liking a girl, it must require you to break out of an iceberg to like a girl, that must be the message they are sending."

I never really hated any members on here, not even close.
But you, I personally hate from just this wall.
Well that sucks for you.

Take you and your butthurt somewhere else kid.

makosheva7

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It seemed like the creators had the idea to this relationship since Szn 3 when the two first reconciled and Mako was estranged for a while there, but didn't have the time to really build up a relationship, and thus had very fleeting moments of FRIENDSHIP, these moments also usually featuring another member of Team Korra. Seriously, the only real moment they had was the flashback episode, WHICH ONCE AGAIN FEATURED THE MAKO - KORRA/ASAMI MOMENTS, and some reconciliation once again, but none of this was ever really romantic. So you come to the last 3 minutes of the final episode, and Asami and Korra go from good friends to suddenly becoming lesbians? What?

I see you wanting to repeat the magic of the final moments of TLA, but for one, you know you can't end it with the kiss, 2. you know you had nothing built up, and 3. They were best friends for a short while before a 3 year time skip, so it's definitely odd.

I don't know, maybe this is just me.
My exact thoughts.

irishboy9780

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There were some hints throughout season 3 and 4. The blushing, card ride bonding, only writing to asami, ect ect.

The problem i have is that everyone makes such a big deal out of this pair. Really it's whatever and it imo is just a distraction to an average season and sub par series finale. Seriously there are some big issues that could have been resolved, alluded to. But nah we'll just throw this fanfic pairing together and call it good.