HokageKid

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like I said, Minato analysed Obito's Kamui after seeing it just a couple of times, and managed to land a hit on him, without being able to send something into the Kamui Dimension. Something no-one has ever been able to do. He also Analysed the black balls, before anyone else. He also managed to break Obito's hold over Kurama.

Kakashi has 1000 jutsu, but in a fight he can't use them all, he has limited chakra, and it's unlikely he has any jutsu copied that can actually make contact with Minato. While I like kakashi more, and the thought of having 1000 jutsu is awesome, we don't see him use many of these, bringing me to believe that most are not useful, or atleast not useful to him in battle, although I agree he has shown many more jutsu than Minato.

Minato managed to fight against Obito, alone, and teleport both a Tailed Beast Bomb of the Full powered Nine tails, and the Nine tails itself away from the village, then, do battle with the Nine tails, summoning a giant summon, Gamambunta, then seal the Nine tails into Naruto, and himself, splitting the nine tails, and then survived long enough to seal some of Kushina's and even some of his chakra into Naruto for them to speak in the future. The fact that he even had chakra left to seal into Naruto is impressive, not to mention his skill with sealing jutsu is amazing, especially as he is not of the Uzumaki clan.
His feats honestly are more impressive, the Youngest of all the Hokage, as a Jounin he basically single-handedly won the 3rd shinobi war (I know that's a bit of an exaggeration, but without him they would definitely have lost) He battled against Ay, and Ay Believed him to be the strongest shinobi, and unsurpassable, he battled against the full power of the Nine tails, he battled against Obito, without knowing anything of his abilities, and got the upper hand on him.

Gold Lightning

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wow this is hard to choose, this is my view on both:

Kakashi:
This guy is the true definition of a ninja, one that endures. Kakashi has endured the most out of any other character, yet he still stands strong and keeps moving forward. What makes him even more amazing is that he probably has the most reason to have turned to the dark side, but no he still posses the will of fire. He has incredible mental strength, wisdom and intelligence, when it comes to analysing and formulating a plan, he is one of the best. His ability to stay rational even in tough situations and his cool demeanour is what makes him one of my favourite characters. He is probably the best all rounded ninja in the series, in ninjutsu he's one of the best, his taijutsu is spectacular, genjutsu he is exceptional, he's fast (both physically and mentally) and he has the brain of a genius. His quick thinking in the last chapter in such conditions says it all really, he's always been a prodigy, not much more can be said.

Minato:
It's hard to really evaluate Minato since he hasn't had nearly enough screen time or shown enough feats. However from what we've seen it is as clear as day that he is a one of a kind genius. Yes he's a one of a kind because despite not belonging to some prestigious clan, not being born with any special ability or being blessed with powerful chakra or kekkei genkai, he's still the definition of a true ninja. Just like Kakashi, minato too is a genius (a prodigy), with great physical and mental prowess. He's definitely wise and knowledgable (most Kages are), he also has the cool demeanour and intelligence. His intelligence has proven on more than one occasion to be one of the greatest in this manga, and his skill as a ninja speaks for itself (he's a Hokage, nuff said).

In comparison:
Minato has little feats compared to Kakashi so it's hard to judge. Minato has only shown a fraction of what he's capable of, his arsenal is small and has still yet to reveal everything up his sleeve. What's great about him however is that he only needs to rely on 2 techniques, basically just 1 technique (FTG) which gets the job done almost 100% of the time. When it comes to intelligence I always used to think Kakashi was the best overall (even Guy said no one was better at analysing than Kakashi) but then I changed my mind when I saw Minato take charge and lead a group of ninja who he hardly knew and utilised their abilities in the best way possible. He analysed Madara's truth seeking balls, figured out it's weakness and determined now to counter it. Something even Kakashi was unable to do, not to mention analysing Onitos kamui only took minato 1 encounter to do, while it took Kakashi, Guy, Killer Bee and Naruto several chapters to do (despite Kakashi possessing the same power, more or less). Despite both having cool demeanours and ability to stay calm in bad situations, both have crumbled when the worst has hit them. Kakashi finding out Obito was still alive and now evil almost broke him, same thing happened to Minato and was unable to fully fathom what his once precious student had become. Which just shows both of them aren't perfect, but they still endured in the end. Although Minato stopped Kakashi killing Obito and may suggest that Minatos will is stronger; the truth is that Kakashi has gone through a lot more than minato so I can't judge Kakashi for almost killing his team mate. Both are inventors of jutsu too I might add, which shows just how much genius they possess.

If I had to pick who is the better all round ninja, then honestly I'd have to say kakashi. Even though I think minato is slightly smarter (by a fraction) and minato is stronger, Kakashi just seems the most well rounded. And the lack of feats doesn't help minato, if we knew more of his abilities then I may have chose differently. The deciding factor is that Kakashi has endured more than anyone else and still continues to fight for what is right.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koro

BloodSeed

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lol minato>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kakashi
as jiraiya said even he knows kakashi that he after minato he didnt seen a genius eversince
in a war arc against jubiidara kakashi's age>minatos age however it was minato whos analyzing and making strategy

but i give kakashi the real look of a ninja. minato doesnt look like a ninja.

Lord Orochimaru

Leaf Anbu Elite
Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What's up with you guys.
Minato was the sensei of Kakashi. He was the "Yellow Flash" of Konoha. Kakashi may be cooler.
Even I favour Kakashi than Minato. But truth is a truth. Minato is a lot better as a Ninja.

TrollingSage

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Um...Kakashi, at 13, developed Raikiri/Chidori, if you didn't know, which is = to Rasengan...

And Minato didn't create any variant of FTG; Tobirama only said that Minato used FTG better/more efficiently than he did. That's all. Minato used the same FTG as Tobirama, and it's even shown by both of their demonstrations of the technique in their fight with Juubito.

And childhood accomplishments and such do matter; this is an overall comparison of two ninjas fully, not just adult vs adult.

*very hard facepalm*

Not only was it (1) shown in the manga that there were three Cloud shinobi, and (2) shown in the anime that it was only three Cloud shinobi, but (3) no sane intelligent person would believe that Minato, as a child, faced the whole Cloud village. *smh*
Kakashi created chidori after failing to add his element to rasengan, meaning chidori wouldn't have existed without rasengan.