Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Appears*

Before we get going with the techniques and such, I'd like you to answer the following questions for me, just so that I would be made aware of your knowledge in the earth element.

- What is Earth? And explain the Earth Release element.
- What is Earth Release strong against?
- What is Earth Release weak against?
- Name 5 characters from the Anime/Manga that uses the Earth Release element.
- Which Kekkei Genkai's are produced by having an affinity to the Earth Release element?

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What is Earth? And explain the Earth Release element.

Earth is the basis of this planet, which all living things depend on for survival. It is made up of many minerals, such as Calcium, Phosphorus and Nitrogen. The Earth absorbs water, and allows plants to grow.

Doton is one of the five basic elemental release forms. It can be used in the form of attack or defense. It can also be used to camouflage. Doton has many properties, it can be hard or soft. In solid form, it is very hard and can deal a lot of damage. It can also be made as swampy, which could be used to sink opponents into. The Earth is very versatile and can be formed into different shapes.

When used in conjunction with Suiton, Doton will become softer and more malleable. It can turn murky.
If Doton is used with Futon, it will become faster.

What is Earth Release strong against?

Doton is strong against water. This is because it is capable of blocking the water due to its firmness. The water would simply just go around it. Another reason is because Earth absorbs water through its pores.

What is Earth Release weak against?

Doton is weak against lightning. This is because when the lightning hits the Earth, it breaks the connections between the Earth apart.

5 characters from the Anime/Manga that use the Earth Release Element.

Yamato
Hashirama
Kakuzu
Nagato
Deidara

Which Kekkei Genkai's are produced by having an affinity to the Earth Release element?

Wood Release
Lava Release
Explosion Release

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Superb :).

±±Yashiro's Training Method±±

So every teacher has a teaching method they prefer. Below is the method which I prefer, with the criteria you should complete for every technique..

- Analyze and explain the technique to me in a detailed explanation.
- Explain yourself performing the technique in a well detailed description. Necessary hand seals, nature and shape manipulation should be included as well.
- How can one defend against the technique or otherwise counter it.
- Tell me whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting and why.

Any questions regarding the training method?

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My..my I have slacked off for a bit...sorry about that.

Let us begin your training...

Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

Alright student-kun, what I want you to do is..gather your chakra from your entire body and mold the gathered raw chakra into earth release chakra, you then release the earth chakra and add nature transformation to transform the chakra into actual earth by picturing its properties in your mind. Once that has been done, you add shape manipulation to form the earth into either a pillar of earth, earth tools or a shield of earth. This can be done from the body itself(with connection to the earth) or by manipulating earth itself like the ground.

Give it a go by forming an earth kunai or pillar to attack my clone.

*Creates a clone*

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No worries.

This is a D-Rank technique, so naturally, it causes little harm and is easy to perform. It doesn't require any hand seals to perform it. It just requires the user to gather Chakra from their bodies, mold it into earth release chakra, then release it whilst adding nature transformation to it in order to turn it into earth. This can be released from within the body, or it can be manipulated from existing earth sources. This technique can be shaped into small pillars of earth, small tools and small shields of earth.

Listening to the instructions, I summoned Chakra from within my body before molding it into Earth Chakra. I could feel the Chakra surging through my body, ready to be of some use. I gathered it into my right arm, where it felt like it would release at any moment, but I controlled it first. I pictured how the earth looked like and it's properties and what it contained. Malleable and versatile. It transformed into earth chakra. Then I released it, and as the earth poured itself out, I manipulated it into the shape of an earth Kunai, which I then sent hurling towards the clone.

To defend against this technique, one may use Katon which would break apart the bonds of Doton. Futon may also be used to blow it away, it could even be aimed to land back on the user themselves.

This is actually quite a handy technique to use as it uses little amount of Chakra. It is also useful as it can be used for both attack and defense.

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good...

Next..

Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

Gather a nearby rock and hold it in your hand whilst focusing your earth chakra into it, with the use of shape manipulation, you would then be able to shape the rock into a staff. Said staff is good for close combat fighting or melee attacks or your could launch it like a spear with great accuracy. Show me what you are capable of doing with le staff.

Type: Offensive
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

Gather your chakra into any one of your arms before releasing it and creating several rocks in the form of a ring. You then manipulate the rocks and shoot it at your opponent. Pretty sinple. Pretty easy. Give it a try....

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is a D-Rank technique which is short range but can become mid range when thrown. This technique involves the user taking a small chunk of rock and shaping that into a staff. This requires no hand seals; it is fairly easy to perform. The staff can then be used for many purposes. Attack, defense and it can even be thrown.

Taking a small chunk of a rock which was lying nearby, I hold it in my right hand. I gather some Earth Chakra to that place and release it onto the rock. As I do so, I use shape manipulation and it turns into a staff. I hold it for a moment, feeling its weight and its roughness against my hands. I lift it above my head, then twirl it really fast. I thought this would be good to defend myself if I was attacked from above. I also whip the air around me with it, and it makes a noise. It was powerful. Then I see a tree with apples on it. I carefully aim the staff at one of the apples and throw it with as much accuracy and force as I can. It travels really fast and cleanly severes the apple from the branch, letting it fall to the floor. The staff digs itself into a branch.

To defend against this staff, one may also use a staff of their own to match. Or, if the staff is thrown at them, they may use Futon to blow it away from themselves. It would also be useful to have Sharingan to be able to dodge the thrown staff.

This technique is pretty useful, but it won't be of much use if the user is not used to handling a staff. If they are proficient in it, it would be quite good as this staff can be used for both attack and defense. It is easy to create and uses little Chakra. Also, it is powerful if thrown and can be deadly.

This is an offensive D-Rank technique and can be used from short to mid range. It is performed by concentrating Chakra into the arm and releasing it to create a ring of several rocks. These rocks can then be manipulated to be thrown onto the opponent. No hand seals are required and so it is easy to perform.

I gather some Chakra in my right arm and turn it into Earth Chakra. When it is ready and concentrated in my arm, I raise my arm forward a little, then release the Chakra. As I do so, I move my arm around in a circular motion to make a circle of rocks. I make pauses, to make sure I don't just make a single rock, and that I make several rocks. Once they are all in a circle on the floor, I manipulate them to get up one at a time. And one by one, I send them hurtling towards my Senpai's clone. They all hit the clone with force, and it disappears.

To defend against this technique, one can use Raiton on it, since Doton is weak against it. Fire may also be used against the rocks.

I find this technique interesting because I like the idea of manipulating the rocks to orderly get up and attack the opponent. It is also good for short range and attack. And it is easy to perform and doesn't require the use of much Chakra.

Yashiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very good.

Next...

Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

Start off by first performing the rat hand seal before gathering and focusing your earth chakra into the ground. You then control multiple sections of earth with your chakra before forming two gigantic sections beside your opponent and manipulate it into crushing them.

Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

This technique is mostly self explanatory, dig into the ground and hide like a mole or simply travel through the earth for a surprise attack. Since you would be able to sense what's happening on the surface of the ground, this might be very effective, although, remain as wary as possible. Also, you cannot perform any techniques aside from C Rank earth and below, since you would lose concentration on this one and become crushed by the earth surrounding you.

Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

So after the "Hiding like a mole", we return to this technique to complete the D-Ranks. After you are within the earth, you travel to the target's location, emerge from the ground below the target and pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move or otherwise immobilized, the opponent can easily be decapitated etc.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin

Analyze and explain the technique in a detailed description
This is an offensive C-Rank technique which is used for mid to long range. It is executed by performing the Rat hand seal and then gathering Earth Chakra and focusing it into the ground. The Chakra is then used to control multiple sections of rocks and move them around the opponent. Then the user forms these rocks into two large rocks on either side of the opponent, before closing them in, leaving the opponent crushed. This technique doesn't utilize much Chakra, and it causes sufficient damage.

Explain yourself performing the technique in a well detailed description. Necessary hand seals, nature and shape manipulation should be included as well.
I perform the Rat hand seal in one swift motion, at the same time gathering Chakra. Once I have gathered enough, I use nature manipulation on it to make it into Earth Chakra, before then focusing this Chakra into the ground beneath me. I then utilize this Chakra to control and lift several rocks into the air. It takes some effort, but I manage it. I then use the Chakra to form these multiple rocks into two different larger rocks. I set them a little apart from each other, and then I quickly draw them closer to each other, and they collide. Had there been anyone in between them, they would have been crushed mercilessly by the rocks controlled by my Chakra. I then control the rocks back to the Earth, before removing my Chakra control from them.

How can one defend against the technique or otherwise counter it?
To defend against this technique, one may also use Earth Release, and make a barrier of Earth around them. Or, they could use Lightning and strike it onto the rocks, letting them crumble away. One may also use raw Chakra to break the rocks as they come towards them.

Whether or not you find the technique useful or interesting and why?
This is a useful technique as it uses little Chakra and is not difficult to perform. It is very effective to crush people with. I find it interesting because of the fact that I can manipulate the rocks in the air at my command. I can position them to how I want. Also, I can make them large or small, depending on the size of the person I wish to crush. And since this technique is not long range, the opponent won't have much time to react to it.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

This is also a C-Rank technique. It is supplementary, so it can be used in conjunction with something else. This technique covers a long range. It requires little use of Chakra and does not require any hand seals to perform. The user has to simply channel their Chakra into the ground, turning the ground from an Earthy texture to a sandy one which is easier to dig into. The user can then dig into it like a mole, allowing them a place to hide in. After digging, the ground returns to its original state, leaving no signs of them being there. However, once inside the Earth, the user can not make hand seals nor can they use Earth techniques above C-Rank. Failure to do so will result in disrupting this mole technique, leaving the user user crushed inside the Earth. At least they'll have a free grave though. U_U

Explain yourself performing the technique in a well detailed description. Necessary hand seals, nature and shape manipulation should be included as well.
I gather some Chakra, and channel it into the ground beneath me. This results in the Earth turning into sand beneath my feet, allowing myself to easily slip into like a mole. After I go inside, the Earth above me returns to its original, leaving no trace of me having dug into it. I make sure I do not make any hand seals nor perform any techniques above C-Rank. I then stay in there for a little while, getting to know the feeling of being inside the Earth. It is a little scary at first, but Isoon soon get used to it.[manipulation should be included as well.[/B]

To counter this technique, one may create a shield around them since they know not when the user will strike. Or, they could channel Lightning into the Earth, shaking it up. This may cause the Earth to move around, and could result in the death of the mole technique user.

This is a very useful technique, as it can be used to hide from the enemy. The user can then launch a surprise attack onto the opponent without them realizing. It is also very good for hiding or getting away purposes. If the enemy is too strong, one may hide in this technique to either strategise or to flee.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique

This is a supplementary D-Rank technique, and is used for short range. It uses very little Chakra and no hand seals are required. The user just needs to already be underground to perform this. They must move under the opponent who is on top of them on the Earth, emerge quickly from the ground, and pull the opponent into the ground, so that only their head is visible. The opponent is then stuck and can be dealt with accordingly.

Since I am already underground from the previous technique, I move under the ground over to where there is a clone made by my Senpai. I move right underneath it, then quickly emerging from the ground, I grab the clone by the ankles,and before it has time to register this and escape, I pull it hard into the ground, where it becomes stuck, then disappears.

To defend against this technique, one may sense the ground to determine the location the user is in. Or they could make a shield for themselves. Alternatively, they could channel lightning into the Earth, leaving the Earth to crumble, and possibly crushing the user in the process. This technique may also be countered by using a shadow clone, letting the shadow clone be pulled in instead.

This is indeed a useful technique as the opponent can be surprised since they would not know where the user is. Once the opponent is stuck inside the Earth, the user may conveniently use any method of killing or subduing them as they wish.

Last edited:

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hana materializes from the rubble all around, her sleek figure gently pops down on a convenient chair underneath her. The Earth solidifies, unmasking all of her physical features, eyeing you, she gives a small smile, "Perform the very last technique you were taught"

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tiashe watches astonishingly as a lady emerges from the ground before him. She asks him to perform the last technique that he had learnt. The last technique that he had learnt though had been a D-Rank technique, although he had completed two C-Rank already. Oh well, he thought, he would have to do the C-Rank as well as the D-Rank technique as they were linked to each other.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

Tiashe gathers some Chakra, and sends it to his feet. he then lets it out, channeling it into the ground beneath him. this makes the ground soft, and it turns into sand. Tiashe then easily slips into the earth. After he is inside, the Earth above him returns to its original state, leaving no trace of him having dug into it. He makes sure he does not make any hand seals nor perform any techniques above C-Rank, so as not to get buried underground with his own technique. He then stays in there for a little while, getting to know the feeling of being inside the Earth. It is a little scary at first, but he soon gets the feel of it.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique

Since Tiashe is already underground from the previous technique, he moves swiftly under the ground over to where there is a clone made by his Senpai. He moves right underneath it, then quickly emerging from the ground, he grabs the clone by the ankles, and before it has time to register this and escape, he pulls it hard into the ground, where it becomes stuck, then it disappears.

Tiashe himself then emerges out of the ground, and sees what his new Senpai has to say.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When underground, the earth can fall onto the user, burying them. Also, if the opponent, sends Lightning through the earth, then again, the user is a goner. These are the main weaknesses.

An advantage would be that the user is hidden. They can easily sneak up onto the enemy without them realizing it.

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hana makes her way to a mysterious lawn chair that appeared at random, once she sat, with her feet still connected to the ground, her chakra was surged through the surface, making a small tremor throughout the training grounds. Because of this, you would lose your balance, and while that was happening, multiple Earthen spikes protruded from the ground and trapped you as you fell on your left knee. So in short, the tremors stopped, and you were now trapped by a cone of spikes, you'd still have enough room to move your body just a tad, but that's about it. Her eyes shifted to you, and she smiled a subtle smile, "What did I just do? I want you to read these scrolls, and explain to me. If you get it right, i'll let you go. If you get it wrong, you'll stay in there until you get it right"

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking
Range: Short - Mid
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in making the enemies lose their footing and fall to ground or miss the aim of a given technique.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Type: Attack
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

Ryóma

Legendary
Kin
495💸
Kumi
23,879💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tiashe watches as his Senpai walks over to sit on a lawn chair that had just appeared. Just after she sits on it, Tiashe feels the ground beneath him shake, confusing him. He tries to keep his balance, but it proves to be too difficult with the amount of shaking on the ground. As he falls onto his left knee, Tiashe sees around him multiple Earthen spikes protruding from the ground and surrounding him. With the tremors at a stop, these spikes surround him, not giving him much space to move.

Tiashe looks at Hana Senpai, wondering what was going on. Well, he soon finds out. It was her that performed some technique around him. She smiles at Tiashe and tells him to read the scrolls that she tosses to him. A little scared, Tiashe wonders why women are so scary. He really wants to get out of this, so Tiashe reads the scroll before he starts explaining to her what she did. He speaks in a low voice, as is his nature to do so.

So, you gathered some Chakra, and transferred it to your feet. When it became concentrated enough, you released it into the ground towards my direction. This caused the ground to shake, and since I was unprepared, I lost my balance and fell.

Then, you seized this opportunity to stop the tremors and surround me with spikes made with earth. To do this, you gathered some Chakra, and you gave it hard and heavy qualities, which turned this Chakra into Earth Chakra. Then you sent this Chakra to your feet, where you let it out under the ground. This Chakra let out went underneath me, around me. And it zoomed up really fast, creating these pillars around me. Had I been standing on top of one of them, I would have been skewered.

Fearfully, Tiashe looks to his Senpai to see if this was enough for her to let him out.

Joker

Supreme
Kin
213💸
Kumi
2,291💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The tremors stop, and the spikes crumble around him, but through the cloud of dust, Hana's eyes peered through, her gazed looked menacing from a distance, but she stands, and walks over to the once prominent prison. "Good job," she says with a comforting smile. "Now, I want you to spit a glob of mud from your mouth, it can be used to restrict opponent's, but it can also be used to patch yourself onto the ground, for example, if I used 'World Shaking' again, you can spit the glob of mud down on your feet, so you wouldn't fall completely over. Moving on, this one targets vulnerable points in existing structures. If there was a weak link, or spot within a cave, I could focus my chakra into the walls, and dislodge it, causing the whole structure to collapse."

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction
Range: Short-Long
Damage Points: N/A (up to 60)
Descripton: The user will do one hand seal and cause nearby earth structures (either natural occurring ones on the field (such as cave ceilings, cliffs, etc), man made (buildings, etc) or jutsu made (up to C-Rank active structures)) to collapse and fall. This technique allows the ninja to control nearby stone and rock and dislodge any vulnerable or sensitive spots, causing the structure to collapse. This can be especially useful if in a cave or a stone lodging. The technique can loosen the rocks and cause them to come raining down on whomever is trapped inside. The damage depends on the size of the cavern or rock lodging above or nearby the target and not on the amount of chakra used which doesn't need to be high. A large cave with a thick ceiling can easily do the physical damage equivalent to an A-Rank technique but due to the damage not being focused or chakra fueled, its also easily defendable.

"The final one for this set requires it to be used in with a mud source, you'll form a mulititude of seals, and create a dragon head capable of spewing multiple bullets of condensed mud wherever you choose."

(Doton: Doryudan) - Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullet
Type: Offense
Range: Short-Long
Description: When used with Earth Release: Earth Flow River, the user will then perform the Ram → Horse → Dragon they can create a dragon-like head that fires concentrated mud bullets at an opponent. This can also be combined with a fire jutsu to shoot lava toward an opponent. The dragon can be created from other mud techniques as along as a mud source is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.