Guillotina

Kin
91💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
so yeah if the jailkeeper is advanced, like you add your own spice to the jailkeeper or make it an Alien or Hostagetaker then that is completely fine

edit: but it has to be noted in the role, in the opening post or in the representative mafia guide
Rej what is your preferred pronoun?

Reactions: Rej

osieorb18

Regular
Kin
558💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A strongman bypasses protective abilities (including vests) and kills it's target unless it's untargetable.
A jailkeeper is protective unless it's an Alien, the Alien is a sub-category of a jailkeeper that abducts/commutes it's target instead making it untargetable and any action fail on them.
The basic jailkeeper is considered protective and a strongman bypasses protective. A commuter or an alien is a manipulative role since abductions/untargetability are manipulative falling under the category of role-manipulation.
An attack that bypasses a role-BLOCK is an "unstoppable" attack. And an attack is rarely unstoppable plus strongman unless the setup is made to be crazy.
The version of Strongman I'm used to "cannot be prevented or redirected", so it stops roleblocks, doctors, and redirectors.

osieorb18

Regular
Kin
558💸
Kumi
416💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then it is wrong. Jailkeep does not protect, it prevents. Otherwise Strongman is the most broken abilitu in mafia as it does not have a counter.

The mistake everyone is doing is considering JK a protection ability when is an avoider ability like commuting.
It does have a counter; a Commuter or Commuterizer.

Fait-Accompli

Kin
95💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wdym joking? I wasn't joking. I was legit just saying that Nika wasn't dying cause I was protecting them. Remember, I had zero clue about the SM
If you say that it and Nika locked town and Rej And Guillo in the POE who are the scum going to kill that last night? Rej and Guillo would kill the other, you hinted you would protect Nika, so of course you were going to die. :boggle:

Seperate but related issue, TBH the fact that a mechanically cleared Player made it to LYLO should have been a huge red flag to Nika.. But oh well

Fait-Accompli

Kin
95💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you don't know who there is an SM the optimal play is shut up, protect the mechanically cleared player, let scum easte a night kill and clear yourself in the process...

You outright saying you'd protect Nika only makes sense if you intended to draw the night kill

Reactions: Guillotina