awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're right, it could just be that the art style is different. If Kishi were to have drawn that attack, he'd probably do the same thing with Konan.
I thought some more about it and realized that , and she was never stated to have superhuman speed feats (next page shows the feathers being destroyed and scattered by Pumpkin's shot). So I think it shows that the feathers aren't as fast as Konan's projectiles. Also, I think it proves that Ran's feathers have a slight delay between being fired and reaching full speed (at least this is how it always looked like to me).

Surprise kunai/shuriken attacks can be heard of and defended by his wings but Shitenshin from the blind spot could end this.
Ran's back is usually open though. He doesn't seem to be able to guard it as we've seen. Do you think a kunai flying through the air makes enough noise to alert someone without superhuman hearing?

Edit: also, ironically, despite having a Trump Card that can deflect attacks, Ran's defense was never shown to be very good (and his confidence in finishing Akame with it was most likely him overestimating himself). First off, there's no evidence that is not the extent of what Divine Wings can do (anime is a separate canon so I won't mix the feats), and secondly, the only time Ran blocks a projectile with his wing. He is a zombie, and his back is still open. He was also open to Mine's shot (after that page I linked in the first paragraph). There's no evidence that he can, like, coil the wings around himself for defense (although he does that in my stories because it sounds logical).

Of course he was a kage body guard and trusted by Danzo above the other members of Root.
The databook also praises his "analytical skills". Since Fuu is a lot more combat-experienced than Ran (in fact, Fuu's training and upbringing was like Akame's in a way - very rough and from early childhood), I'd say that he has the advantage of being more focused and strategic. I mean, if we take mindsets into consideration, Ran is quite prone to and , as well as his while Fuu is "logical" and "composed" according to the databook. This is what I meant by Fuu having a window of time to attack him.

I made several of those threads and was once thinking about doing one on Ino. You could do one for Fuu if you want as it would be interesting to read.
I don't think I want to make a thread (people have mocked me for liking Fuu before). I could put it into some other form though. Or I could analyze Ran instead.

I don't think Temari can block Akame's swordplay in CQC because Akame's is fast enough to slice over a dozen guys in an instant before their body parts get affected by gravity. But then again, Bols managed to block Akame's sword strike.
Well, these "pawns" of Stylish were literally fodder. And I think Lee's kick was faster than many things in AgK. Again, if Temari could see shadows and kunai coming at her while surrounded by dust, I'd say she has a fair chance to see Akame coming.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought some more about it and realized that , and she was never stated to have superhuman speed feats (next page shows the feathers being destroyed and scattered by Pumpkin's shot). So I think it shows that the feathers aren't as fast as Konan's projectiles. Also, I think it proves that Ran's feathers have a slight delay between being fired and reaching full speed (at least this is how it always looked like to me).
Well reacting with a weapon isn't as impressive as physically reacting. Also didn't Mine keep up with Esdeath's speed? Pretty impressive considering Esdeath is faster than every single character barring powered up Akame.

Ran's back is usually open though. He doesn't seem to be able to guard it as we've seen. Do you think a kunai flying through the air makes enough noise to alert someone without superhuman hearing?
We see Ran's back open because he never had to cover it in the manga IIRC though I might be wrong about this.

Probably not but would a mere flying kunai inflict serious wounds to an opponent out of range?
Edit: also, ironically, despite having a Trump Card that can deflect attacks, Ran's defense was never shown to be very good (and his confidence in finishing Akame with it was most likely him overestimating himself). First off, there's no evidence that is not the extent of what Divine Wings can do (anime is a separate canon so I won't mix the feats), and secondly, the only time Ran blocks a projectile with his wing. He is a zombie, and his back is still open. He was also open to Mine's shot (after that page I linked in the first paragraph). There's no evidence that he can, like, coil the wings around himself for defense (although he does that in my stories because it sounds logical).
Well Mine's shot is most likely faster than a kunai so he couldn't evade/block in time. The extent of his wings may not be large enough to cover him completely but they could still defend against a kunai unless it catches Ran off guard.

The databook also praises his "analytical skills". Since Fuu is a lot more combat-experienced than Ran (in fact, Fuu's training and upbringing was like Akame's in a way - very rough and from early childhood), I'd say that he has the advantage of being more focused and strategic. I mean, if we take mindsets into consideration, Ran is quite prone to and , as well as his while Fuu is "logical" and "composed" according to the databook. This is what I meant by Fuu having a window of time to attack him.
Yeah Fu might confuse him with a clone and Ran might think he has him cornered when it is just a clone. I never thought of Ran as someone who can be fooled easily. He did figure out Akame's facade. Also Akame praised Ran for being a calm man. Later on she implied that if Ran wasn't a dead puppet, . I think you're underrating your own favourite's intelligence. Ran taunting Akame could simply be trying to rouse her emotions to make it easier to find an opening.

I don't think I want to make a thread (people have mocked me for liking Fuu before). I could put it into some other form though. Or I could analyze Ran instead.
But the AgK section is dead, NDS is dying but there is still activity. Who do you like better?

Well, these "pawns" of Stylish were literally fodder. And I think Lee's kick was faster than many things in AgK. Again, if Temari could see shadows and kunai coming at her while surrounded by dust, I'd say she has a fair chance to see Akame coming.
I know they are fodder but I was talking about how Akame could slash them up before any of their body parts were affected by gravity. I already mentioned she can see Akame coming.

Come to think of it, compared to Tenten's hundreds. How do you think the fight would have gone if Shikamaru VS Temari happened in the prelims. What about Tenten VS Temari in the finals? What allowed Shikamaru to not get defeated so swiftly are the trees to use as cover which Tenten didn't have.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well reacting with a weapon isn't as impressive as physically reacting. Also didn't Mine keep up with Esdeath's speed? Pretty impressive considering Esdeath is faster than every single character barring powered up Akame.
Weapon or not, she still reacted, and what I was going for is that it wasn't just Akame reacting to the feathers. And again, Akame didn't have to use her full speed to dodge them, so it means that they aren't "only top tiers can dodge them" fast. And most likely slower that what Konan fired since I'm fairly sure Jiraiya's speed should be high-tier.

We see Ran's back open because he never had to cover it in the manga IIRC though I might be wrong about this.
He got his back slashed as a zombie. So I'd say he had to guard it, but couldn't. Champ catching him in a tornado is of course different since his wings got torn to shreds. I was thinking of him guarding with one of Mastema's disks, but it's also my headcanon and definitely what never happened in the manga.

As for kunai inflicting enough damage, not enough to kill him immediately, of course, but Fuu can jump to him to get closer (that of course provided Ran stays high enough so that Fuu can't just reach him with a jump).

Yeah Fu might confuse him with a clone and Ran might think he has him cornered when it is just a clone. I never thought of Ran as someone who can be fooled easily. He did figure out Akame's facade. Also Akame praised Ran for being a calm man. Later on she implied that if Ran wasn't a dead puppet, . I think you're underrating your own favourite's intelligence. Ran taunting Akame could simply be trying to rouse her emotions to make it easier to find an opening.
I know Ran is smart. However, I feel like he can't be as "battle smart" as someone who's been trained to be a killing machine from childhood. Ran's intelligence shines the most when he has time to investigate things (like he did with Wild Hunt, leading to its disbandment). Perhaps, he could have outsmarted Fuu given enough time, but Fuu is more adept at strategizing on the spot. I know his performance in the manga is far from stellar, but he did show the ability to come up with new, elaborate plans pretty quickly and adapt to the situation at hand.

It might be just the way the fight plays out in my head. It's hard to tell who would outsmart who if they were forced into stalemate (Fuu lacks feats in that department, although the databook calls him "a master of deceit who plays with the mind", so there's that; and we never see Ran coming up with battle plans either). However, consider this: Fuu definitely had a wider arsenal of abilities and tools, while Ran is limited - he can only shoot feathers, attack with wings and block with his Trump Card. We never see Ran doing anything particularly strategic with what he has. Which is a shame, to be honest, because seeing him in a strategy-heavy battle would be awesome.

And what Akame said there is that Yatsufusa's puppets can't get stronger due to being dead. So basically, as I understand that, she meant that while she was training and improving after her encounters with Ran, he stayed on the same level because he was dead. We don't know how much stronger Ran could become given time, so we can only judge by what we've seen, really.

But the AgK section is dead, NDS is dying but there is still activity. Who do you like better?
It's a tough question. I like both, but for different reasons. Fuu has much less to him canonically but he represents the type of character I like the most (human being trained to be almost machine-like; there's something dystopian about it and I always liked dystopias). Ran, on the other hand, was actually written quite well in my opinion, and I think he had legitimately badass moments. I didn't even begin to like him before he got up to use Divine Wings despite being fatally injured. But they do both fall under my "type" (collected and analytical characters who don't have tons of power but are specialized in something).

It's definitely unnatural for me to pit them against each other though. I'd rather see them cooperate.

Could I maybe post not on the forums but elsewhere and let you read? Or maybe in a group/blog?

Come to think of it, compared to Tenten's hundreds. How do you think the fight would have gone if Shikamaru VS Temari happened in the prelims. What about Tenten VS Temari in the finals? What allowed Shikamaru to not get defeated so swiftly are the trees to use as cover which Tenten didn't have.
Since the Tenten fight was mostly off-panel, it's hard to judge. In fact, Tenten had very little feats if we go by manga alone. So maybe her attacks were just too straightforward and easy for Temari to read. As for Shikamaru, he'd definitely be more pressured in the prelims, and while I think he'd still put up a fight thanks to his intelligence, he might have actually lost. After all, Temari's intellect was almost on par with his and she does have the advantage in firepower.

On the other hand, there's the fact that the prelims area has spectators standing much closer. So Temari would be limited in her attacks, and that could have been something for Shikamaru to use to his advantage.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Weapon or not, she still reacted, and what I was going for is that it wasn't just Akame reacting to the feathers. And again, Akame didn't have to use her full speed to dodge them, so it means that they aren't "only top tiers can dodge them" fast. And most likely slower that what Konan fired since I'm fairly sure Jiraiya's speed should be high-tier.
I do believe he can dodge them for quite a while but I'm just not sure if he can do so long enough to outlast him. The fact that they are guided means eventually he'll have to dodge multiple of them from point blank range much like Akame was forced to but I'm not convinced he can pull it off.

He got his back slashed as a zombie. So I'd say he had to guard it, but couldn't. Champ catching him in a tornado is of course different since his wings got torn to shreds. I was thinking of him guarding with one of Mastema's disks, but it's also my headcanon and definitely what never happened in the manga.

As for kunai inflicting enough damage, not enough to kill him immediately, of course, but Fuu can jump to him to get closer (that of course provided Ran stays high enough so that Fuu can't just reach him with a jump).
Yeah and Fu's a sensor so he could always keep track of Ran. In an open field this wouldn't work though.

I know Ran is smart. However, I feel like he can't be as "battle smart" as someone who's been trained to be a killing machine from childhood. Ran's intelligence shines the most when he has time to investigate things (like he did with Wild Hunt, leading to its disbandment). Perhaps, he could have outsmarted Fuu given enough time, but Fuu is more adept at strategizing on the spot. I know his performance in the manga is far from stellar, but he did show the ability to come up with new, elaborate plans pretty quickly and adapt to the situation at hand.
I'll have to reread his part of the manga but he did trap Ao.
It might be just the way the fight plays out in my head. It's hard to tell who would outsmart who if they were forced into stalemate (Fuu lacks feats in that department, although the databook calls him "a master of deceit who plays with the mind", so there's that; and we never see Ran coming up with battle plans either). However, consider this: Fuu definitely had a wider arsenal of abilities and tools, while Ran is limited - he can only shoot feathers, attack with wings and block with his Trump Card. We never see Ran doing anything particularly strategic with what he has. Which is a shame, to be honest, because seeing him in a strategy-heavy battle would be awesome.
True he probably is very intelligent combat wise which seems to be a tendency among the Yamanaka. Even Ino manage to fool Sakura with a trap even though Sakura is very smart.
And what Akame said there is that Yatsufusa's puppets can't get stronger due to being dead. So basically, as I understand that, she meant that while she was training and improving after her encounters with Ran, he stayed on the same level because he was dead. We don't know how much stronger Ran could become given time, so we can only judge by what we've seen, really.
For some reason, Ran couldn't use his guiding capability to change the direction of his feathers once Akame redirected them. I wonder why.

It's a tough question. I like both, but for different reasons. Fuu has much less to him canonically but he represents the type of character I like the most (human being trained to be almost machine-like; there's something dystopian about it and I always liked dystopias). Ran, on the other hand, was actually written quite well in my opinion, and I think he had legitimately badass moments. I didn't even begin to like him before he got up to use Divine Wings despite being fatally injured. But they do both fall under my "type" (collected and analytical characters who don't have tons of power but are specialized in something).

It's definitely unnatural for me to pit them against each other though. I'd rather see them cooperate.
Could I maybe post not on the forums but elsewhere and let you read? Or maybe in a group/blog?
Sure you could PM me. I need something interesting to read.

Since the Tenten fight was mostly off-panel, it's hard to judge. In fact, Tenten had very little feats if we go by manga alone. So maybe her attacks were just too straightforward and easy for Temari to read. As for Shikamaru, he'd definitely be more pressured in the prelims, and while I think he'd still put up a fight thanks to his intelligence, he might have actually lost. After all, Temari's intellect was almost on par with his and she does have the advantage in firepower.
I think Tenten was just spamming projectiles whereas Shikamaru would use them when he saw an opening.
On the other hand, there's the fact that the prelims area has spectators standing much closer. So Temari would be limited in her attacks, and that could have been something for Shikamaru to use to his advantage.
The spectators are still on an elevation so it isn't like they'd be in any danger. Temari's attacks are not so wide that they'll hit the spectators. I don't see how he would be able to win in those conditions.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I do believe he can dodge them for quite a while but I'm just not sure if he can do so long enough to outlast him. The fact that they are guided means eventually he'll have to dodge multiple of them from point blank range much like Akame was forced to but I'm not convinced he can pull it off.
Yeah, he may tire out eventually, but I believe he'd be capable of finishing the fight before running out of stamina. I also think Fuu had more stamina than Ran just because of his ninja training and physiology (ninjas can run for days, while Ran's flying was limited as per what Esdeath said).

Yeah and Fu's a sensor so he could always keep track of Ran. In an open field this wouldn't work though.
Ran doesn't have chakra though (or any equivalent). But it's not like he can hide in the sky.

For some reason, Ran couldn't use his guiding capability to change the direction of his feathers once Akame redirected them. I wonder why.
Maybe it's plot (it's never very consistent anyway). Maybe he loses control of his feathers if they're hit, or at least he can't regain it quickly enough.

Sure you could PM me. I need something interesting to read.
Someday I might :sweat:

The spectators are still on an elevation so it isn't like they'd be in any danger. Temari's attacks are not so wide that they'll hit the spectators. I don't see how he would be able to win in those conditions.
He probably wouldn't (as I said above). Temari does seem to be able to direct her attacks with precision even when they seem wide. She wouldn't be able to use her strongest attacks but she wouldn't need to. By the way, why do you think she didn't summon Kamatari against Shikamaru? And would it be a guaranteed win if she did?

Now that I think of it, under such conditions, it would be more IC for Shikamaru to give up immediately.

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, he may tire out eventually, but I believe he'd be capable of finishing the fight before running out of stamina. I also think Fuu had more stamina than Ran just because of his ninja training and physiology (ninjas can run for days, while Ran's flying was limited as per what Esdeath said).
I wasn't referring to stamina. Sakura ended up getting her arm hit by Shin's projectiles despite being good at evasion despite not being low on chakra. Considering that Shin has a much larger quantity of weapons than just two blades, it stands to reason that she managed to dodge the vast majority of them other than these two. Due to the guided nature of Ran's projectiles, he'll have no issues cornering Fuu making it impossible to evade like he did to Champ.

Ran doesn't have chakra though (or any equivalent). But it's not like he can hide in the sky.
I meant in your scenario where Fuu is hiding outside of Ran's LoS which means Ran would also be out of Fuu's LoS.

Maybe it's plot (it's never very consistent anyway). Maybe he loses control of his feathers if they're hit, or at least he can't regain it quickly enough.
He may have been caught off guard because after all he's a dead zombie who probably never encountered someone deflecting his feathers right back at him.

He probably wouldn't (as I said above). Temari does seem to be able to direct her attacks with precision even when they seem wide. She wouldn't be able to use her strongest attacks but she wouldn't need to. By the way, why do you think she didn't summon Kamatari against Shikamaru? And would it be a guaranteed win if she did?

Now that I think of it, under such conditions, it would be more IC for Shikamaru to give up immediately.
I think Temari never had Kamatari back in the chuunin exams. She was more powerful during SRA as were all the other rookies. If she were as powerful, she'd have destroyed him.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wasn't referring to stamina.
Oh, okay. You did mention outlasting though. So I thought it was about stamina.

Due to the guided nature of Ran's projectiles, he'll have no issues cornering Fuu making it impossible to evade like he did to Champ.
But unlike Champ, Fuu has Kawarimi and Shunshin. Just because Kishimoto stopped having characters use them doesn't mean the jutsu disappeared. , surely someone of Anbu level can do something like this and more? And Champ even had some time to react when the feathers surrounded him, he just couldn't do anything.

Also, wasn't Champ immobilized by Natara and Doya beforehand? My argument here is that Fuu would probably be able to get away before Ran has the chance to shoot so many feathers at him.

And as for Akame, keep in mind that she was deliberately putting herself in a situation where she'd be barely dodging the feathers. If she, say, kept running around staying in Ran's blind spot, I doubt he'd be able to get even close to hitting her.

I meant in your scenario where Fuu is hiding outside of Ran's LoS which means Ran would also be out of Fuu's LoS.
Not necessarily. If, say, we pick a battlefield with trees, Fuu would be able to hide but it doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to watch Ran.

He may have been caught off guard because after all he's a dead zombie who probably never encountered someone deflecting his feathers right back at him.
Didn't Akame redirect them at Kurome? But yeah, who knows, maybe he didn't have the same degree of control as when he was alive.

I think Temari never had Kamatari back in the chuunin exams. She was more powerful during SRA as were all the other rookies. If she were as powerful, she'd have destroyed him.
Yeah, makes sense.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But unlike Champ, Fuu has Kawarimi and Shunshin. Just because Kishimoto stopped having characters use them doesn't mean the jutsu disappeared. , surely someone of Anbu level can do something like this and more? And Champ even had some time to react when the feathers surrounded him, he just couldn't do anything.
Kawarmi and shunshin can't be used to avoid if Fuu is fully surrounded because he'd simply be moving into the attack no matter where he decides to move. Also you did claim that Ran doesn't have any chakra and this claim can be extended to his feathers. A few of them can be sent to his blind spot, catching him off guard.
Also, wasn't Champ immobilized by Natara and Doya beforehand? My argument here is that Fuu would probably be able to get away before Ran has the chance to shoot so many feathers at him.
Wasn't he distracted, not immobilized? He was in midair at that moment but I used that example to show the depiction that Ran could plausibly surround him by slowly boxing him in. If Fuu retreats, then Ran would simply follow him while guiding projectiles to his new location. Ran's flight speed is impressive considering he out speed the same attack that was too fast for Kurome to escape.
And as for Akame, keep in mind that she was deliberately putting herself in a situation where she'd be barely dodging the feathers. If she, say, kept running around staying in Ran's blind spot, I doubt he'd be able to get even close to hitting her.
I doubt Akame could just escape to his blind spot and finish him off so easily. If she could, she wouldn't have went with a riskier approach. Also waiting until the last minute to dodge guided projectiles makes more sense than dodging prematurely because a premature dodge would give the projectile enough distance for its direction to be changed.

Not necessarily. If, say, we pick a battlefield with trees, Fuu would be able to hide but it doesn't mean he wouldn't be able to watch Ran.
I suppose you're right. Kind of like someone hiding in the bushes.

Didn't Akame redirect them at Kurome? But yeah, who knows, maybe he didn't have the same degree of control as when he was alive.
She directed them towards Kurome and two other puppets but the point was that Ran may not have encountered that strategy when he was alive so his dead version was caught off guard. I thought it was stated these puppets retain the same power of the original.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kawarmi and shunshin can't be used to avoid if Fuu is fully surrounded because he'd simply be moving into the attack no matter where he decides to move. Also you did claim that Ran doesn't have any chakra and this claim can be extended to his feathers. A few of them can be sent to his blind spot, catching him off guard.
Again, that if Ran actually launches enough feathers to surround Fuu before Fuu manages to get away. In his fight with Akame, Ran starts off with much fewer feathers. Besides, Fuu could get away with some non-lethal injuries and continue fighting, and he could use his sword to deflect at least some feathers. And wasn't Kawarimi used to escape from tight spots (Kakashi getting out of Gozu and Mezu's chains, and from Naruto's grasp)?

Wasn't he distracted, not immobilized? He was in midair at that moment but I used that example to show the depiction that Ran could plausibly surround him by slowly boxing him in. If Fuu retreats, then Ran would simply follow him while guiding projectiles to his new location. Ran's flight speed is impressive considering he out speed the same attack that was too fast for Kurome to escape.
Well, assuming Fuu has some kunai on him he'd be able to throw them at Ran, forcing him to defend himself. And then Fuu would use clone feints and, again, Shunshin to confuse Ran. And then maybe snipe Ran with Shintenshin. And while Ran is fast (no doubts his flight is faster than Fuu's footspeed), he can't possibly be as maneuverable as a ninja running around (flight physics wouldn't allow for that, since Ran isn't a bee, or a helicopter). Point is, I don't think Fuu would do nothing but run around.

I doubt Akame could just escape to his blind spot and finish him off so easily. If she could, she wouldn't have went with a riskier approach. Also waiting until the last minute to dodge guided projectiles makes more sense than dodging prematurely because a premature dodge would give the projectile enough distance for its direction to be changed.
She wouldn't be able to finish him off, but she would be able to dodge better. What I'm saying is that she went with the strategy to lure him in because she figured that would be the only way for her to get to him in that situation. But if she had other goals (like escaping) or more means (like ranged attacks), she wouldn't have to do what she did.

Fuu may be slower than Akame but he has more means than her to get to Ran (including ranged attacks and various distraction tactics). Plus, I think one of the reasons Akame didn't want to lose Ran's attention is because she also wanted her comrades to be safe (the poor guys who got killed by Ibara).

She directed them towards Kurome and two other puppets but the point was that Ran may not have encountered that strategy when he was alive so his dead version was caught off guard. I thought it was stated these puppets retain the same power of the original.
Powers and "strongest desires", yes, but I don't think the intelligence was ever compared. As well as their capacity for emotion (apart from the strongest desires). Zombie Ran was pretty much "programmed" to defend Kurome. Maybe he didn't actually have a thought process and was just executing his basic attack patterns.

Edit: you know, now I'm really feeling like we should have done several scenarios for Ran vs Fuu. Because I really feel like it could go either way depending on conditions (not in a sense of serious handicaps though).

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Again, that if Ran actually launches enough feathers to surround Fuu before Fuu manages to get away. In his fight with Akame, Ran starts off with much fewer feathers. Besides, Fuu could get away with some non-lethal injuries and continue fighting, and he could use his sword to deflect at least some feathers. And wasn't Kawarimi used to escape from tight spots (Kakashi getting out of Gozu and Mezu's chains, and from Naruto's grasp)?
Also Kawarmi was used to get out of Jiraiya's hair by Animal path. Then I'm wondering why it wasn't used to get out of Kakuzu's threads.

Well, assuming Fuu has some kunai on him he'd be able to throw them at Ran, forcing him to defend himself. And then Fuu would use clone feints and, again, Shunshin to confuse Ran. And then maybe snipe Ran with Shintenshin. And while Ran is fast (no doubts his flight is faster than Fuu's footspeed), he can't possibly be as maneuverable as a ninja running around (flight physics wouldn't allow for that, since Ran isn't a bee, or a helicopter). Point is, I don't think Fuu would do nothing but run around.
Ran's projectiles would knock away Fuu's kunais pretty easily without Ran needing to move an inch and that move would leave Fuu more open to getting hit. But I guess Fuu can shunshin away after using a kunai and Kawarmi as decoys. Also, is it safe to assume Fuu has smoke bombs? That could help him even further. Still since Ran sees things from bird's eye view, I don't think Fuu can escape his LoS for too long.

She wouldn't be able to finish him off, but she would be able to dodge better. What I'm saying is that she went with the strategy to lure him in because she figured that would be the only way for her to get to him in that situation. But if she had other goals (like escaping) or more means (like ranged attacks), she wouldn't have to do what she did.
Well yes she'd gain more distance which always help read trajectories more easily.
Fuu may be slower than Akame but he has more means than her to get to Ran (including ranged attacks and various distraction tactics). Plus, I think one of the reasons Akame didn't want to lose Ran's attention is because she also wanted her comrades to be safe (the poor guys who got killed by Ibara).
If Akame decided to run around, do you think she could run circles around Ran like she did to Bohls? I don't think so because Ran would be in the air so Akame can't just go behind him as he sees everything in birds eye view.

Powers and "strongest desires", yes, but I don't think the intelligence was ever compared. As well as their capacity for emotion (apart from the strongest desires). Zombie Ran was pretty much "programmed" to defend Kurome. Maybe he didn't actually have a thought process and was just executing his basic attack patterns.

Edit: you know, now I'm really feeling like we should have done several scenarios for Ran vs Fuu. Because I really feel like it could go either way depending on conditions (not in a sense of serious handicaps though).
I agree with this.

Do you think Kishi stopped using Kawarmi because it would be useless or too OP in high level fights?

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it safe to assume Fuu has smoke bombs? That could help him even further.
Not sure about smoke bombs. I don't remember them being used as often as kunai so I guess they aren't part of every ninja's arsenal.

Still since Ran sees things from bird's eye view, I don't think Fuu can escape his LoS for too long.
That would depend on whether Fuu would have places to hide or not.

If Akame decided to run around, do you think she could run circles around Ran like she did to Bohls? I don't think so because Ran would be in the air so Akame can't just go behind him as he sees everything in birds eye view.
I think she would gain more distance (as you said) to deflect feathers better. There'd be no point in simply running since it wouldn't bring her any closer to Ran. As for him seeing everything, that would only be true if he hovered very high up and looked down. Otherwise he's still have to twirl around.

Do you think Kishi stopped using Kawarmi because it would be useless or too OP in high level fights?
I think he stopped because it would be boring to see it being used to escape danger over and over again. Then there'd be no danger.

As for Fuu vs Ran scenarios, here's what I think:

- If Fuu was in the same situation as Akame (but with no comrades), and if Ran had no intel on him and was IC, Fuu'd probably win because he'd have trees to use as a cover, and would be able to catch Ran in Shintenshin eventually.

- If they fought in an open field and if Ran had intel and was more bloodlusted, Ran would have a better chance to win. He wouldn't even have to use too many feathers at once - at least, if I were him, I'd aim for crippling Fuu to slow him down before launching an attack to kill.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That would depend on whether Fuu would have places to hide or not.
True

I think she would gain more distance (as you said) to deflect feathers better. There'd be no point in simply running since it wouldn't bring her any closer to Ran. As for him seeing everything, that would only be true if he hovered very high up and looked down. Otherwise he's still have to twirl around.
I know there was no point in running but my question was how easily do you think Ran can track her? She could try jumping to get Ran and failing with smaller jumps she's capable of to make it seem like she can't reach him. This could trick Ran into thinking he can get closer and then she could finish him off with a leap. Bare in midn she can jump very high ( )( ).

As for Fuu vs Ran scenarios, here's what I think:

- If Fuu was in the same situation as Akame (but with no comrades), and if Ran had no intel on him and was IC, Fuu'd probably win because he'd have trees to use as a cover, and would be able to catch Ran in Shintenshin eventually.

- If they fought in an open field and if Ran had intel and was more bloodlusted, Ran would have a better chance to win. He wouldn't even have to use too many feathers at once - at least, if I were him, I'd aim for crippling Fuu to slow him down before launching an attack to kill.
That sounds reasonable.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know there was no point in running but my question was how easily do you think Ran can track her? She could try jumping to get Ran and failing with smaller jumps she's capable of to make it seem like she can't reach him. This could trick Ran into thinking he can get closer and then she could finish him off with a leap. Bare in midn she can jump very high ( )( ).
I think that if Akame decided to use her maximal speed against Ran, he would have had a much harder time reacting to her. Simply being able to see her wouldn't help him.

What I don't quite get is why Akame never tried jumping off a tree (there were plenty behind her). I know she can jump ridiculously high, especially if you look at . Compared to the distance between her and Ran , it seems much larger. So it looks like she should have been able to jump to him even back then with ease. So maybe Ran's assumption about her plan was wrong :erm:

By the way, you've probably seen plenty of "ninjas vs bullets" threads, but what are your thoughts about AgK characters vs bullets? I know they have guns in their universe, but we don't see them used against every character. Sheele and Mine were dodging and blocking Seryu's bullets fairly easily, so can we assume that all "main" Teigu users (NR/Jaegers/WH) are fast enough to do that?

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think that if Akame decided to use her maximal speed against Ran, he would have had a much harder time reacting to her. Simply being able to see her wouldn't help him.
I'm assuming that staying at a safe height would imply Ran would be able to react as he'll have enough time and Akame will slow down as she goes higher.
What I don't quite get is why Akame never tried jumping off a tree (there were plenty behind her). I know she can jump ridiculously high, especially if you look at . Compared to the distance between her and Ran , it seems much larger. So it looks like she should have been able to jump to him even back then with ease. So maybe Ran's assumption about her plan was wrong :erm:
Akame could have jumped up that high but I think Ran would have simply increased his height so she was aiming to lure him even closer.
By the way, you've probably seen plenty of "ninjas vs bullets" threads, but what are your thoughts about AgK characters vs bullets? I know they have guns in their universe, but we don't see them used against every character. Sheele and Mine were dodging and blocking Seryu's bullets fairly easily, so can we assume that all "main" Teigu users (NR/Jaegers/WH) are fast enough to do that?
Yeah I'm sure that all members of these groups can react to bullets. Maybe not dodge in the case of long range fighters like Bors.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm assuming that staying at a safe height would imply Ran would be able to react as he'll have enough time and Akame will slow down as she goes higher.
Well, if he just stayed in the air out of Akame's reach, it wouldn't really help him anyway. We've already agreed that Akame would deflect feathers more easily at a larger distance. So Ran would still have no choice but to get lower, eventually (after all, he can't fly for too long - and no, the "feathers lack in power" thing still makes no sense, but I'm not going there again). And then Akame would get him since she'd have no problem bypassing any defenses he'd put up.

But yeah, if you're asking whether he'd be able to see and react to her if she tried to jump to him, then yes, he likely would, at least as long as he is high (lol) enough. And I don't think he'd want to get closer if she tried jumping to him.