Elite
Kin
1,028💸
Kumi
581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah that is definitely something to consider. The Fanfiction contest always stood out amongst NB's contests in terms of "needs from voters." Nobody really bothered to read through 3 chapters of 5-7 different writers and then make their vote each month in the end. Quick reads were a given, even for us writers casting votes while competing against each other. My 3 chapters participations alone usually landed around the 15-30 000 words frame each time, so yeah :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

If we're going to pick up voting as the main format again, there definitely needs to be a change in the beginning phase, lol. For instance where you have like a theme or a short snippet/brief/overview of a story, and then you write your own version of it within a maximum length type of deal (like we did in elementary school, like Pyrrha mentioned), so that the readers, or any voters for that matter, can easily cast their vote and not be demanded to sit down for hours upon end to actually do so. In the end though, partaking in Writing contests with your own written and released stories on here is always going to be the most appealing to the writers themself. Call it a reward for the work they put in them so to speak, so yeah, maybe it can be narrowed down to 1 chapter per entry for instance in the long run. We don't even need voting to begin with if we have enough staff/panel of judges to decide instead, sort of like with ProfileoftheMonth used to be.

But now I'm rambling on, end point is that there can't be a contest without awards, lol. Seeing how the awards have made it from NB to AB, they are definitely going to be a thing. If we'll have another revamp on them too in the end though remains to be seen I guess. For now it's all speculation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: On a different note, I don't know if you "survived" the migration phase @Reborn , but I sure would like to hear your take on all this and the discussion above if you are willing and got time as well. @Lawliet too eventually ^__^
Yes, that's indeed a good way to get readers involve.

However I think we could do more for them to get directly involved, if not they will end up just voting once a month and not reading anything else, we can have a direct interaction with the readers. What I did before is to make a special story and let the readers to suggest what they want to see in the story and how should the story should go, a short sentence will be sufficient and we will choose from all the suggestions and insert to the story, of course, the chosen suggestions would get reward and they get to see their own suggestions in the story.

Sometimes I would also make some of my constant reader into a character in my story which makes them read it since they will be curious to know what I did to that character with their name:ROFLMAO:

However that was like 5 years ago, I don't know if that will work anymore

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, that's indeed a good way to get readers involve.

However I think we could do more for them to get directly involved, if not they will end up just voting once a month and not reading anything else, we can have a direct interaction with the readers. What I did before is to make a special story and let the readers to suggest what they want to see in the story and how should the story should go, a short sentence will be sufficient and we will choose from all the suggestions and insert to the story, of course, the chosen suggestions would get reward and they get to see their own suggestions in the story.

Sometimes I would also make some of my constant reader into a character in my story which makes them read it since they will be curious to know what I did to that character with their name:ROFLMAO:

However that was like 5 years ago, I don't know if that will work anymore
Bold - Both of those examples worked on Narutobase 7-9 years ago too when the Writing section was still "unexplored" and everyone wanted to plant their flags :LOL::ROFLMAO: But those two types of stories were always written by Rpers or generally people who were having a fun time so to speak. NB's writing section always had different phases. In the beginning there didn't seem to be a lot of serious writers, people were having fun making NB based (members names in them) stories mainly and the few who didn't only wrote a few chapters. Some exceptions obviously, but not a whole lot. Lot of joking around in the earlier days.

Ironically though when the Golden age, as I call them, of writers started coming in from late 2012-early 2013 the forum and the writing section was already dying (2012 had the most writers contest wise but from there on out the readers started dropping like crazy). Never had there been more serious writers and quality but at the same time never had there been so few writers and readers. When I started out I had like 40 plus readers on my first story. It was a mess for all types of reasons, including with my very broken teenage Norwegian English, lmao, but it was a blast. When I finally started getting serious though I only averaged around 5 readers, lmao. So yeah, lots can be done but it all depends on the readers in the end. Some just wants to have fun and mess around reading such stories, others want to read some real material from a serious writer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AI380

AI380

Elite
Kin
1,028💸
Kumi
581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Bold - Both of those examples worked on Narutobase 7-9 years ago too when the Writing section was still "unexplored" and everyone wanted to plant their flags :LOL::ROFLMAO: But those two types of stories were always written by Rpers or generally people who were having a fun time so to speak. NB's writing section always had different phases. In the beginning there didn't seem to be a lot of serious writers, people were having fun making NB based (members names in them) stories mainly and the few who didn't only wrote a few chapters. Some exceptions obviously, but not a whole lot. Lot of joking around in the earlier days.

Ironically though when the Golden age, as I call them, of writers started coming in from late 2012-early 2013 the forum and the writing section was already dying (2012 had the most writers contest wise but from there on out the readers started dropping like crazy). Never had there been more serious writers and quality but at the same time never had there been so few writers and readers. When I started out I had like 40 plus readers on my first story. It was a mess for all types of reasons, including with my very broken teenage Norwegian English, lmao, but it was a blast. When I finally started getting serious though I only averaged around 5 readers, lmao. So yeah, lots can be done but it all depends on the readers in the end. Some just wants to have fun and mess around reading such stories, others want to read some real material from a serious writer.
Which means now we need to balance things out for both fun and serious material.

Most of the work I see in the fanfic section are a bit too heavy and serious, although all of them are really good quality work but some readers (especially the younger generation) may find it's a bit hard to get interested of it.

We can try to write something light and fun but with quality, which I have tried this few months. Although some serious writers are not satisfied and disagree with that writing, but it can somewhat get readers to read it.

One thing need to remember, writers can't be a writers without readers.

From all these years of writing and browsing through different website or forum, I found out that almost all of the writer's section are writer's oriented, which omitted the needs of readers. Materials that are liked by readers are considered as 'bad quality' by serious writers and end up the whole section dead because of no readers.

Yes, I realized that my opinion here is a bit offensive, but that's what we need to think of.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah that is definitely something to consider. The Fanfiction contest always stood out amongst NB's contests in terms of "needs from voters." Nobody really bothered to read through 3 chapters of 5-7 different writers and then make their vote each month in the end. Quick reads were a given, even for us writers casting votes while competing against each other. My 3 chapters participations alone usually landed around the 15-30 000 words frame each time, so yeah :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

If we're going to pick up voting as the main format again, there definitely needs to be a change in the beginning phase, lol. For instance where you have like a theme or a short snippet/brief/overview of a story, and then you write your own version of it within a maximum length type of deal (like we did in elementary school, like Pyrrha mentioned), so that the readers, or any voters for that matter, can easily cast their vote and not be demanded to sit down for hours upon end to actually do so. In the end though, partaking in Writing contests with your own written and released stories on here is always going to be the most appealing to the writers themself. Call it a reward for the work they put in them so to speak, so yeah, maybe it can be narrowed down to 1 chapter per entry for instance in the long run. We don't even need voting to begin with if we have enough staff/panel of judges to decide instead, sort of like with ProfileoftheMonth used to be.

But now I'm rambling on, end point is that there can't be a contest without awards, lol. Seeing how the awards have made it from NB to AB, they are definitely going to be a thing. If we'll have another revamp on them too in the end though remains to be seen I guess. For now it's all speculation.

We could have
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: On a different note, I don't know if you "survived" the migration phase @Reborn , but I sure would like to hear your take on all this and the discussion above if you are willing and got time as well. @Lawliet too eventually ^__^

We can organise small writing contest with word limit- like 2000 words. Topics can be like Halloween , valentine's day, food , original literature piece, drabbles, story snippets etc. Word limits are important if you want wider range of readers to check the fictions out in the contests.

Voting format is good if you want the rest of the forum more involved and read your pieces. We can make mod panels or select small groups of people to vote but it ends up being same people with little variations deciding the results and reduces interest of the rest of the people in the long run. Just my opinion, of course.

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
999💸
Kumi
7,554💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I sort of understand you and Michael when it comes to The contest which all of us writers enjoyed on nb. However it was not only for some prestige but Also a sort of acknowledgement for doing something good. However i would say that most if not all of us are doing it because we love it. Besides if there are contests i am glad to participate and id say depending on The response to The contests you could experiment with The set up and what is allowed in The contest and how things are with voting and such.

AI380

Elite
Kin
1,028💸
Kumi
581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
wauw wauw wauwww Be unique~
Yes, although this is a very short reply. But like what Mochi said, be unique.

Every writers have their own writing style and might not be acceptable by everyone, but it doesn't mean it's bad or not serious. Just different person have different taste and style.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We can organise small writing contest with word limit- like 2000 words. Topics can be like Halloween , valentine's day, food , original literature piece, drabbles, story snippets etc. Word limits are important if you want wider range of readers to check the fictions out in the contests.

Voting format is good if you want the rest of the forum more involved and read your pieces. We can make mod panels or select small groups of people to vote but it ends up being same people with little variations deciding the results and reduces interest of the rest of the people in the long run. Just my opinion, of course.
Yeah that sounds great indeed =P

Exactly, my point was simply to sort of sum up how NB's Fanfiction contests changed towards the end and how it had to be changed from a voting format to a panel of sorts, since there only were about 1-3 votes per month with 5 or so participants, lmao. That, and the fact that a lot of people were displeased with it since because like I stated, nobody had the time or will to read all the entries so it often became a popularity contest. With animebase now though and the short stories/theme pieces we're discussing, I don't see that being a problem at all so we could obviously and definitely go back to it.

Reactions: AI380

Quatt

Elite
Kin
2,302💸
Kumi
463💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Short pieces can prove to be a challenge to in making a great story with a limited amount of text, it can get you creative. Also getting voters to suggest the following theme or submitting prompts would make it seem much more interactive, just a suggestion regarding that.

Reactions: Michael92 and AI380

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Short pieces can prove to be a challenge to in making a great story with a limited amount of text, it can get you creative. Also getting voters to suggest the following theme or submitting prompts would make it seem much more interactive, just a suggestion regarding that.
Short stories could also used to promote your longer stories- like one shots or pilot stories. And yeah, we have threads for theme suggestions for other contests too.

AI380

Elite
Kin
1,028💸
Kumi
581💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
ai's story is quite interesting i think everyone will enjoy it :D
The only problem I afraid here is, is it really OK for me to post links in here?
Post automatically merged:

review my story, also thoughts on continuing that prompt i did?
You should continue, I honestly think you are a more talented writer than me

Kin
925💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I need help with my OCs' jutsu and what their jutsu should be called. Here all of the characters for my Fanfiction of Naruto.

Characters:

Naruto after the Fourth Ninja War would be Naruto married Sakura, Iruka married Shizune., Sasuke married Hinata, Neji married Yakumo, Shino married Isarabi, Ino married Choji, Sai married Karin, Rock Lee married Tenten, Kakashi married Hana Inuzuka, Anko married Yamato/Tenzo, Karui married Kankuro, Omoi married Kurotsuhi, Konohamaru married Hanabi.
Naruto changed his mind of being the Hokage. He only becomes the Hokage due to the death of Kakashi.
---------------------------------------------------
Naruto’s and Sakura’s son Haku,
He was born to NaruSaku but in Land of the Waves. He has Crystal release and Ice release. He doesn’t want to become Hokage as his father did. He wants to be teachers like Iruka and Shizune. He has Pink hair and violet eyes. He’ll get married to Hiro.
His sister named, Chiyo Uzumaki, She has green eyes like her mother. Red hair like Kushina. She wants to be everything she could be. She wants to be the first Archer of Konoha. She married Yahiko Uzumaki.
Inoino Akimichi is the daughter of Choji and Ino. She has the hairstyle of the Yamanakas but the hair color of Akimichi. She isn’t fat as her father or her grandfather. She loves eating a new type of food. She loves to garden but her weakness is fashion.
Haruto Uchiha is the middle child of SasuHina’s triplets. The reason for this could happen cause Naruto created a seal with Kurama’s help to Hyuuga and Uchiha could have kids. Just like his older brother Haru. He has Sharingan all over his body. He hates it.
Haru Uchiha is the oldest of the SasuHina’s triplets. He has the Byakugans all over his body kinda like Danzo. He has a mixture of Itachi and Neji’s face with the hair color of Fugaku bu the hairstyle like Hiashi. This way No dead Hyuuga clan members won’t be forgotten. He wants to become a Hokage.
Haruka Uchiha has one Rinnegan on each shoulder. She looks like a mixture of Mikoto Uchiha and Hinata’s mother. She's the youngest of the SasuHina's Triplets.
Rina Hatake is the daughter of Kakashi and Hana Inuzuka. Her hairstyles is a mixture of Tsume’s and Kakashi’s but the hair color is Kakashi.
Sasuka Uzumaki is the daughter of Sai and Karin. She has red hair like Karin but has the eyes of Sai.
Hiruzen Umino the son of Shizune Kato and Iruka Umino. He has Shizune’s hair color but in the Iruka’s hairstyle.
Kushina Mitarashi is the daughter of Anko and Yamato/Tenzo. She has a personality of Yamato with a bit of Mixture of hyper Anko.
Nejia is the daughter of Neji and Yakumo.
Nekobaa Inuzuka is the daughter of Kiba and Tamaki.
Eisshugaru Aburame the daughter of Shino and Isarabi.
Nawaki Senju Kato: Orochimaru created him before he turned bad by using DNAs of Dan Kato, Jiraiya’s, Tsunade’s and his own DNA. Who married Haruka Uchiha.
Yahiko Uzumaki Uchiha was the same way as Nawaki Senju Kato but this time was the DNA of all the Akatsuki’s. He married
Chiyo Uzumaki.
Now with characters that are not part of Konoha.
Suteji is the son of Kankuro and Karui. He has red hair of Karui and in the spiky hair just like his father. He wears war paint as his father does.
Chiyo the daughter of Gaara and Matsuri.
Hiro is the daughter of Omoi and Kurotsuhi. Who is married to Haku Uzumaki.
Where Sai, Sakura, and Hinata dies. Naruto remembers his promise to Shion. They have a daughter with her. Her name is Namikaze Miroku. Shion had a son with Naruto. They name him Boruto. Sasuke married Karin they have a daughter they named, Sarada.

Kin
925💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What if Naruto was banished after the Pein's Attack? Naruto found a Cherry Blossom tree and he leaned against it but found a giant carven inside the tree. Naruto decides to make a village named Hanagakure but he calls his new home, "The Land of Cherry Blossom." He makes himself the First Sakurakage of Hanagakure. So he builds the village of Hanagakure.

This is the symbol on the Sakurakage's hat:
You must be registered to see images

This is the headband

The symbol on the vests:

I think Naruto would make two statues of this version of Sakura Haruno: (Similar to the Valley of the End with the statues of Madara and the First Hokage.)

I could also see Naruto build a statue of Sakura Haruno in the town square but this version is this one:
With a plaque that reads: The Hanagakure is strong and Beautiful as Sakura Haruno's Large charming forehead." signed First Sakurakage.

How would Sakura, Hinata, Ino, and Tenten react to this new village?