who among the 3 sanin (tsunadae,jiraiya,orochimaru) was most powerful? why?

BishamonSama

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gotta go with Jiraiya. Even Pain said that, had revealed all 6 of his bodies early on, Jiraiya would have taken him down. Orochimaru served beneath Pain when he was in Akatsuki.

I don't feel like elaborating. xD

Ace

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm, I'd say Jiraiya, cuz he has a cool summon. :D

and NAruto was training under him, and look where Naruto is now... Naruto is Stronger than Sasuke, and Sakura, who were both trained by the OTHER Sannin.

That's why Jiraiya pwns

The_duke2

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya. Here's why:

Tsunade is/was a healer, and had mad physical strength thru chakra control. No cool jutsus, nin or gen, to speak of. So, she could SMASH things, but would fail against the Mangekyou.

Orochimaru got beat by Sasuke... nuff said. Sasuke's good, but he couldn't take down Itachi if Itachi were fully healthy and really wanted to wax Sasuke.

Jiraiya put the fear in Itachi and almost had Itachi and Kisame in his grasp. Plus, Jiraiya has SAGE MODE... OOooooooohhh~~~ Sage mode just kicks a$$. Also, the village elders looked to Jiraiya before Tsunade even after Jiraiya offered to bring Tsunade back to Konoha. They clearly prefered his kick-assedness over hers.

:hokage:
Nuff said (end of discussion)

rhin0

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya. Here's why:

Tsunade is/was a healer, and had mad physical strength thru chakra control. No cool jutsus, nin or gen, to speak of. So, she could SMASH things, but would fail against the Mangekyou.

Orochimaru got beat by Sasuke... nuff said. Sasuke's good, but he couldn't take down Itachi if Itachi were fully healthy and really wanted to wax Sasuke.

Jiraiya put the fear in Itachi and almost had Itachi and Kisame in his grasp. Plus, Jiraiya has SAGE MODE... OOooooooohhh~~~ Sage mode just kicks a$$. Also, the village elders looked to Jiraiya before Tsunade even after Jiraiya offered to bring Tsunade back to Konoha. They clearly prefered his kick-assedness over hers.

Well said, Ero-sannin is tha man.

rasengan69

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya. Here's why:

I agree Jiraiya

Koo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hermit mode uses natural energy so a person using it will actually recover a lot faster than a person who just uses Ninja techniques. Oro's rebirth technique actually drains much of his chakra and his true form isn't much of a big deal compared to hermit mode at its full strength. In fact, Jiraya was never able to get hermit mode perfect, however, Naruto did and we've seen how effective it is.
i think naruto being able to fully control it is more convenient but i dont see whats so special about naruto going sage mode perfectly. i think J man is stronger than naruto simply because having those frogs on his shoulders make him immune to genjutsu he has extra brain power (they can talk to each other and such) and they can use combination attacks and they have an infinate natural chakra since they can pull in the chakra for J man while naruto has to use the scrol and his stupid shadow clones

bik_zz

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's either Jiraiya or Oro coz as we can see tsunade was going to be defeated at the very beginning but Jiraiya and Naruto Saved the DAy..So even thought She is a Great Sanin She is not to the level of Jiraiya or ORO.
But Among Jiraiya and ORO, I cannot Choose coz THey both are powerful and if they had fought each other then they would have both died..HOwever they are dead now.

And About SAsuke Killing ORO, YES SAsuke is very very powerful.....He even fought Itachi to death(kind of) but As Mangas show that when sasuke killed oro, ORo was very very weak due to that curse by third,he could not use any ninjutsu by his hands....At that time even kabuto or any other jounin could have beaten him but although he was weak he gave a good fight to sasuke who overcame ORO.

Valkyria

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Jiraiya. His sage mode is just that awesome especially with the additional information analysis, support techniques, partner for genjitsu plus the Frog song and we know how Orochimaru handles genjitsu of that calibre ;)

Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the amount of BS and fail in this thread is UNBELIEVABLE.

Let's start with the thread title... shall we ?

Tsunade is spelled incorrectly. The OP spelled it Tsunadae...

Second off,

If people actually click on the link that connected the three sannin with their summons together, they would realize that they are pretty much equal... each having their own advantages and disadvantages against each other.

Third off,

If one does not want to accept the wonderful paragraph the link has provided us with, then one can just babble on about either of them, since you can't prove with 100% certainty either side.

Lastly,

I am reading posts that say Tsunade doesn't have a chakra reserve, or that jiraiya has the most just because or that because oro was afraid of itachi, jiraiya would win because itachi was afraid of Jiraiya and more BS. Really, go read the manga and reread what you type before you click Submit Reply, to make sure a person with a mind can understand what you mean.

Those who say Oro would win, here's what you would argue:

I do not Doubt myself when i say that if orochimaru had his ninjutsu when fighting jiraiya or tsunade, he would destroy them both.

He has a lot of forbidden jutsu memorized, and when he was in his prime he did amazing things... the third even said that he was afraid there is no one strong enough to take down orochimaru other than himself. This was before oro got his ninjutsu taken away.

Oro can use triple rashomon which is an insanely awesome forbidden ninjutsu technique that can withstand the most powerful attacks.

Also, through his countless rebirth techniques, i'd say oro could never have died... therefore he would only be vulnerable to genjutsu.... as shown through itachi's mini encounter with oro through sasuke.

However, one can also counter this argument by saying that Jiraiya has hermit mode and can use multiple offensive and defensive attacks at the same time.

Jiraiya's chakra reserve is shown to pretty massive (as shown through the fight with Pein) and he is usually successful in most planned attacks if no one helps from the outside... Example: Frog song when dealing with pein. The only way they broke through it was by pein's other paths.

Jiraiya can use frog katas so he has pretty good taijutsu... better than oro most likely. We haven't really seen oro use any major forms of taijutsu going on... he uses mostly ninjutsu.

Jiraiya also can summon gambunta and the stomach of a frog to trap oro since oro can't use amaterasu.

Now, with Tsunade it is a tough one... why ? Because she isn't trained to fight battles like Jiraiya and Oro, she is trained to parry, dodge, and heal herself and others, while offering a considerably good offense.

She can instantly appear behind Oro and use Rashinsho... which has been proven to be deadly. Only elite medical shinobi can find a way around that.

She also has her genesis rebirth technique and given that she can store chakra and let out massive amounts without affecting her battle style, i would say that she is someone you do not want to mess with.

The outcome of a battle relies mainly on three aspects:

chakra reserves... i would say as shown through the attack on konoha and the fight with oro she has the most chakra out of the three sannin. She can store incredible amounts of chakra and let it out with ease, and can use it to save hundreds of people.

intelligence... i would say a tie between orochimaru and Jiraiya. oro was regarded as a genius when he was in his prime and even before that. I don't need to elaborate further. Jiraiya is smart and has been shown to be able to plan and corner his opponents (as shown through the fight with Pein).

sheer power... i would definitely say Jiraiya. Why ? Because He can Friggin demolish you if you are not paying attention. He also has HM and his ultimate rasengan which is a one hit Kill. Also, Jiraiya can use pretty devastating attacks such as deep fryer. He can also regenrate his health and use nature to destroy his opponents.

So in the end, if i am one who doesn't go by the Rock paper scissors logic, i would have to say that Jiraiya would take home the gold because he has intelligence, power, and a good enough chakra reserve to last him through a pretty long fight.

HOWEVER i DO go by the logic that Rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper and paper beats rock and therefore believe and have to come to a conclusion that one cannot know for sure whether one of the sannin are stronger than the other, since they each counter each other in different ways.

Unless Kishi says so of course.

Last edited:

squiremarcus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
the amount of BS and fail in this thread is UNBELIEVABLE.

Let's start with the thread title... shall we ?

Tsunade is spelled incorrectly. The OP spelled it Tsunadae...

Second off,

If people actually click on the link that connected the three sannin with their summons together, they would realize that they are pretty much equal... each having their own advantages and disadvantages against each other.

Third off,

If one does not want to accept the wonderful paragraph the link has provided us with, then one can just babble on about either of them, since you can't prove with 100% certainty either side.

Lastly,

I am reading posts that say Tsunade doesn't have a chakra reserve, or that jiraiya has the most just because or that because oro was afraid of itachi, jiraiya would win because itachi was afraid of Jiraiya and more BS. Really, go read the manga and reread what you type before you click Submit Reply, to make sure a person with a mind can understand what you mean.

Those who say Oro would win, here's what you would argue:

I do not Doubt myself when i say that if orochimaru had his ninjutsu when fighting jiraiya or tsunade, he would destroy them both.

He has a lot of forbidden jutsu memorized, and when he was in his prime he did amazing things... the third even said that he was afraid there is no one strong enough to take down orochimaru other than himself. This was before oro got his ninjutsu taken away.

Oro can use triple rashomon which is an insanely awesome forbidden ninjutsu technique that can withstand the most powerful attacks.

Also, through his countless rebirth techniques, i'd say oro could never have died... therefore he would only be vulnerable to genjutsu.... as shown through itachi's mini encounter with oro through sasuke.

However, one can also counter this argument by saying that Jiraiya has hermit mode and can use multiple offensive and defensive attacks at the same time.

Jiraiya's chakra reserve is shown to pretty massive (as shown through the fight with Pein) and he is usually successful in most planned attacks if no one helps from the outside... Example: Frog song when dealing with pein. The only way they broke through it was by pein's other paths.

Jiraiya can use frog katas so he has pretty good taijutsu... better than oro most likely. We haven't really seen oro use any major forms of taijutsu going on... he uses mostly ninjutsu.

Jiraiya also can summon gambunta and the stomach of a frog to trap oro since oro can't use amaterasu.

Now, with Tsunade it is a tough one... why ? Because she isn't trained to fight battles like Jiraiya and Oro, she is trained to parry, dodge, and heal herself and others, while offering a considerably good offense.

She can instantly appear behind Oro and use Rashinsho... which has been proven to be deadly. Only elite medical shinobi can find a way around that.

She also has her genesis rebirth technique and given that she can store chakra and let out massive amounts without affecting her battle style, i would say that she is someone you do not want to mess with.

The outcome of a battle relies mainly on three aspects:

chakra reserves... i would say as shown through the attack on konoha and the fight with oro she has the most chakra out of the three sannin. She can store incredible amounts of chakra and let it out with ease, and can use it to save hundreds of people.

intelligence... i would say a tie between orochimaru and Jiraiya. oro was regarded as a genius when he was in his prime and even before that. I don't need to elaborate further. Jiraiya is smart and has been shown to be able to plan and corner his opponents (as shown through the fight with Pein).

sheer power... i would definitely say Jiraiya. Why ? Because He can Friggin demolish you if you are not paying attention. He also has HM and his ultimate rasengan which is a one hit Kill. Also, Jiraiya can use pretty devastating attacks such as deep fryer. He can also regenrate his health and use nature to destroy his opponents.

So in the end, if i am one who doesn't go by the Rock paper scissors logic, i would have to say that Jiraiya would take home the gold because he has intelligence, power, and a good enough chakra reserve to last him through a pretty long fight.

HOWEVER i DO go by the logic that Rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper and paper beats rock and therefore believe and have to come to a conclusion that one cannot know for sure whether one of the sannin are stronger than the other, since they each counter each other in different ways.

Unless Kishi says so of course.
very nice. the one thing I would disagree with you on is chakra reserves. It is true in the pein invasion that tsunade had a lot of chakra but that is only becuase she stored it up for years. she can't use that every time she restores her chakra. In the normal circumstance i would have to say jiraya has the most base chakra. His immense reserves are referenced by the toads to rival narutos.

Scorpio0Pharaoh0Titan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
very nice. the one thing I would disagree with you on is chakra reserves. It is true in the pein invasion that tsunade had a lot of chakra but that is only becuase she stored it up for years. she can't use that every time she restores her chakra. In the normal circumstance i would have to say jiraya has the most base chakra. His immense reserves are referenced by the toads to rival narutos.
yes.

-Anna-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
4 u,who is d most powerful among them? why?

Orochimaru-He experimented on others to see what kind of modifications the human body can endure and to otherwise harness a subject's unique abilities for himself. Once accomplishing this goal, Orochimaru had hoped to be worthy of the title of "ultimate being". Because a human's lifespan does not allow enough time to learn every jutsu, Orochimaru also experimented on others so as to achieve immortality. By living throughout the ages, Orochimaru needed to never worry about death and thus all the knowledge he gained would never be lost.

Unlike the other he got a big chance of survival...if Sasuke didn't kill him!