Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Is NB dying? some will say yes, and some will say no, i for one, thinks that NB is dying for the senseis, all you who's been here for two years, or 1,5 years, you veterans are all leaving NB in a steady phase. Will this be some kind of new generation takeover, is it time for a fresh start, the answer is simple, OFCOURSE NOT, we need the veterans, not just the senseis, not just the senpais, to hell with the training. I'm eager to learn, but as Scary Yamato once said to me,” training is half the fun, don't rush it” at first, i thought he was just being weird, but then i thought about it. I've seen some of you senseis fight for real, how will i or any of us new people, ever be able to beat you, or be on equal terms with you, again the answer is simple, we won't, unless you share your experiences, jutsus, and friendship with us in a slow phase. I'm not saying, that you should give all the noobs all forbidden ranked jutsus, and become their best friend, you have to earn training and friendship, but please be reasonable, give us a chance. You say that all the cool people is gone, well the thing is, if you wan't new opponents, new rivals, new people to talk to, that can rival your OP'ness and experience just a bit, then you have to share your things with us. I'm frikin power hungry, but if someone gave me all the power in NB, then what, i would have power sure, but i wouldn't know how to use it, and i wouldn't feel like i've earned it. Don't give new people power too fast, but don't stop giving them power either, let it come in a steady flow, if you do this, and if you make the new members feel comfortable around you, then you will be able to speak with them, and maybe in some time fight with them, on equal terms. Don't reserve all the OP'ness, for your already OP'ed friends, if you keep doing that, then this OP circle will never be opened up, and no one new will be able to reach your level, if you want more fun on NB, then share the old times with the new guys. If you veterans keep all the power, then this site will be 99% noobs, who would fight each other and have fun, and 1% veterans who will be like a clan, who's desperate to keep the power they have in their own ranks. We are not retards or noobs, just because we want training, or to speak on equal terms with you. Even if you just joined today, you can still outsmart someone who's been here for a year, don't judge us on our ranks and join dates, don't treat us like inferiors, remember we want to be just like you, and learn from you. Don't turn us down, or else this site will be boring, and if there's even the slightest chance, then i will do everything to keep NB alive, because this is a site that should continue. So if you're a veteran who wants to leave NB, because all your friends left, remember this, if you give a new guys a chance, and speaks with them as if they were your equals, then you'll get friends very quickly. If you on the other hand, rejects them because they are noobs in your eyes, then you won't get anything new out of NB. If you absolutely want to leave NB for good, then share your power, cause it will be yours forever if you don't share it, and it is such waste to let good jutsus, CE's, and CJ's, go to waste.

I hope you’ll keep enjoying this site.

Sincerely.
ZeroG
I'm a veteran of 3 years, and I keep coming and going back and forth to this site. It seems I always come back, no matter what happens. And like, I came back a month ago and like, all my old friends are gone. I miss Bisha, Elias, Roku, Raggeh, Grimmeh, Kiwi, and sometimes even buttface. It's really changed :( And some of the new people (no offense) are kinda agitating. COME BACK PEOPLE!!!! >.<

HiddenShadowNinja

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Idk if I'm considered a "senior" or not, but I've been on NB for quite a while and I do remember how things used to be. IMO the problem with NB isn't just alot of noobs. Because as many have said already, everyone is a noob at some point. Generally noobs learn the rules and how things work and slowly become, maybe not pro or OP, but decent, knowledgable RP'rs

I think one of the big problems that started making NB less fun was the introduction of "killing" and "stealing" in the RP. That's a big part of why almost all battles end in a big argument. There's too much to lose. People put time and effort into their bios and don't want to be forced to re-create them or make new ones just because they got out-matched.

Another problem is the unfairness of the RP. Yes, I'm talking about OPness again. The senior members don't see this as a problem because they don't want to lose many of the things they've worked so hard for, but it is a problem. They gained much of their power in a time where there were little restrictions. Which is all well and good, but the problem lies in that there are many restrictions now. It's no longer possible to get to that level of OPness, so anyone going up against a senior OP member, especially in things like wars because they will not hold back, is doomed to lose every time. Now, I've expressed my opinions on this before, and have read what the senior members have said about it. After such, I don't think that their things (customs, bios, etc) should be taken away from them since they did work so hard to build them, but instead the restrictions should be lessened or removed to allow everyone to BE ABLE to get to the same level.

That's my opinion on why NB isn't as much fun anymore. Basically, it's just gotten too competitive because there's too much at stake. The OPness of the seniors wouldn't even matter much at all if you they would just get rid of the killing/stealing because then it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you can just focus on having a fun battle, and the seniors wouldn't feel forced to use their OPness.

So my suggestion is just get rid of killing and stealing and I think this would be a major improvement to NB

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm a veteran of 3 years, and I keep coming and going back and forth to this site. It seems I always come back, no matter what happens. And like, I came back a month ago and like, all my old friends are gone. I miss Bisha, Elias, Roku, Raggeh, Grimmeh, Kiwi, and sometimes even buttface. It's really changed :( And some of the new people (no offense) are kinda agitating. COME BACK PEOPLE!!!! >.<
how's that even possible, unless NB was created in November/December 2007, it isn't possible to be a 3 year veteran, but nevertheless. I see what you mean, many veterans are leaving because there friends are leaving, this ofcourse creates a chain reaction, which will empty NB of veterans, but what can we do about it, they'll leave no matter what...

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Idk if I'm considered a "senior" or not, but I've been on NB for quite a while and I do remember how things used to be. IMO the problem with NB isn't just alot of noobs. Because as many have said already, everyone is a noob at some point. Generally noobs learn the rules and how things work and slowly become, maybe not pro or OP, but decent, knowledgable RP'rs

I think one of the big problems that started making NB less fun was the introduction of "killing" and "stealing" in the RP. That's a big part of why almost all battles end in a big argument. There's too much to lose. People put time and effort into their bios and don't want to be forced to re-create them or make new ones just because they got out-matched.

Another problem is the unfairness of the RP. Yes, I'm talking about OPness again. The senior members don't see this as a problem because they don't want to lose many of the things they've worked so hard for, but it is a problem. They gained much of their power in a time where there were little restrictions. Which is all well and good, but the problem lies in that there are many restrictions now. It's no longer possible to get to that level of OPness, so anyone going up against a senior OP member, especially in things like wars because they will not hold back, is doomed to lose every time. Now, I've expressed my opinions on this before, and have read what the senior members have said about it. After such, I don't think that their things (customs, bios, etc) should be taken away from them since they did work so hard to build them, but instead the restrictions should be lessened or removed to allow everyone to BE ABLE to get to the same level.

That's my opinion on why NB isn't as much fun anymore. Basically, it's just gotten too competitive because there's too much at stake. The OPness of the seniors wouldn't even matter much at all if you they would just get rid of the killing/stealing because then it doesn't matter if you win or lose, you can just focus on having a fun battle, and the seniors wouldn't feel forced to use their OPness.

So my suggestion is just get rid of killing and stealing and I think this would be a major improvement to NB
Sorry for the double post, but i must say that i'm positively surprised, that one of the "old timers", finally see one of the real problems. Everyone creates their own cool bio, and ofcourse they don't want to lose it, a good example of that, is the battle raging right now, between Theos and Kaziname, Theos want Kaziname's bio for some doll, and ofcourse Kaziname don't want to loose his bio, just so another RP'er can earn some cheap OPness of it. Bio's are precious and personal, and no one, unless they want to make new, want's to loose their bio, so i say remove the killing.
Now about the restrictions, well that's a hard one, because if you removed the restrictions, what then? Those who's just created some cool styles or jutsus, which right now would be very strong, would in a flash be left with jutsus which could be made so much stronger, because of the lesser restrictions, overall it would be good for the very new, okay for the veterans, and damn shitty for the half new/half veterans.

HiddenShadowNinja

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry for the double post, but i must say that i'm positively surprised, that one of the "old timers", finally see one of the real problems. Everyone creates their own cool bio, and ofcourse they don't want to lose it, a good example of that, is the battle raging right now, between Theos and Kaziname, Theos want Kaziname's bio for some doll, and ofcourse Kaziname don't want to loose his bio, just so another RP'er can earn some cheap OPness of it. Bio's are precious and personal, and no one, unless they want to make new, want's to loose their bio, so i say remove the killing.
Now about the restrictions, well that's a hard one, because if you removed the restrictions, what then? Those who's just created some cool styles or jutsus, which right now would be very strong, would in a flash be left with jutsus which could be made so much stronger, because of the lesser restrictions, overall it would be good for the very new, okay for the veterans, and damn shitty for the half new/half veterans.
Well I don't really mean a total removal of the restrictions. Just remove the ones that are like, people who already have something can keep it, but no one else can get it from now on.

And make CJs easier to be approved.

Stuff like that.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I literally danced in happiness. Point made, but even better.
This is why I no longer care about customs or use customs in a battle. If I want a battle, then it's no customs or custom elements. You are right about Seniors being OPed - it's nothing bad, they were here longer after all, but it does in fact give new people to NB an unfair advantage.
About wars...they should make rules to have no customs or such. I don't know why NB has died down, and I can't always pin down the facts...but...

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well I don't really mean a total removal of the restrictions. Just remove the ones that are like, people who already have something can keep it, but no one else can get it from now on.

And make CJs easier to be approved.

Stuff like that.
Agreed, and it shouldn't happen just like that, i think it should happen slowly but steady, so that people can get used to it, and create their CJ's after it.

I literally danced in happiness. Point made, but even better.
This is why I no longer care about customs or use customs in a battle. If I want a battle, then it's no customs or custom elements. You are right about Seniors being OPed - it's nothing bad, they were here longer after all, but it does in fact give new people to NB an unfair advantage.
About wars...they should make rules to have no customs or such. I don't know why NB has died down, and I can't always pin down the facts...but...
Well if you don't care then give me your customs and CE's xd JK

No seriously, i know what you're saying, but i do think that there's some customs that should be made regular, so that everyone can learn them, instead of just a few.

Effie

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
how's that even possible, unless NB was created in November/December 2007, it isn't possible to be a 3 year veteran, but nevertheless. I see what you mean, many veterans are leaving because there friends are leaving, this ofcourse creates a chain reaction, which will empty NB of veterans, but what can we do about it, they'll leave no matter what...
Maybe its been 2 years. I coulda sworn it's been 3 O_O
Oh snap... yeah its almost 2.
Geez time drags...

Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The same thing is repeated over and over,
'nb is full of noobs'
'nb has changed'
'nb is not the same'
etc etc

Honestly, it's like listening to a broken record.

The thing that people fail to realise is that NB will continue to change, this site has almost 53 000 members from around the world. There are more and more members joining everyday. We are all unique individuals and all with differing points of views. This site isn't made for just one individual, it's made for all of us to share as a community. [otherwise Versuvio would of kicked us all out a long time ago <_>]

And never forget that every single person on this site was once a noob.
So don't complain about things changing, embrace it or atleast give it a chance.

And yes i know i'm late with this post ~_~