Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As if humans aren't animals? We developed because we were able to apply experience rather than instinct. Our experiences made us teach things, things we applied in similar situations that helped us stay alive. Now look what we have in opposition to 'regular' animals, there's human rights, laws that forbid us to kill others, and an economic system that rewards us whenever we are performing well (not mentioning exceptions here). Cats won't learn not to kill because people don't want them to, believe it or not, but from an objective view, such cat owners are sadistic beings. The Pavlov method applies to every animal so far, why would a cat owner not apply it to his or her cat in order to tame it? Also, cats themselves should be taught some decent values as well. They see the hunting of smaller creatures as playtime. This is motivated by most people for no apparent reason. Whenever you see a dog shred a cat to pieces, people either try to stop the dog or punish it for what it has done. Cats however, are rewarded for their killings.

Clearly anybody with some sense does not approve of cats in their current form.

It is like that because apparenly we don't care about smaller animals like bugs and mices, who are annoying for us, people. WHy would I be angry IF a cat killed a mouse or a bug/cockroach in my house or flat? I don't want these creatures to live at my place therefore I would kill them myself if I had the chance. Fortunately, My cat did it.
And only the cats who live at home are doing the things you mentioned, those who who don't have owners and live in a city don't do it, I mean play with the smaller things.

Chavez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It is like that because apparenly we don't care about smaller animals like bugs and mices, who are annoying for us, people. WHy would I be angry IF a cat killed a mouse or a bug/cockroach in my house or flat? I don't want these creatures to live at my place therefore I would kill them myself if I had the chance. Fortunately, My cat did it.
And only the cats who live at home are doing the things you mentioned, those who who don't have owners and live in a city don't do it, I mean play with the smaller things.
I'm not referring to bugs or cockroaches, I'm referring to mice, rats, birds and fish.

And as I mentioned, it's highly disturbing how cats are unable to comprehend the luxury they have and still find the solution in something as killing, which automatically become sadistic due to the fact they aren't required to.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
♦ Rei ♦;1196068 said:
I agree with that. Cats are shown so cute and adorable, yet they are miserable creatures in my opinion. They enjoy giving pain, they enjoy torturing their preys, firstly cutting them in pieces and suffer before killing them. It's a whole philosophy of pain and violence, described by Foucault and Das.
Of course there is no point in taming a living creature, i don't agree with that either. Thats another whole philosophy.

So for the sake of no spaming, i prefer goldfish ^^
Haha, Maria, I didn't know you hate cats also! So let me argue with you a little bit :)

Well About the Pein and Sufferings I think you can search for "Lion kills someone" On youtube and see whether they really enjoy when other animals suffer and feel pein or they jsut hunt their preys in order to fill they stomaches ;)

Really, It depends on a cat. And by the way, Maria were you speaking about home pets or cats in general? ;)

Because I have a feeling you people acuse predators in having their nature, because most "smart" predators, fortunately or not, are cats. ( And birds)

Ryuusaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And I totally hate cats due to their unnecessary urge of murdering anything smaller in any unjustified way. It's not nature, in nature, animals hunt each other for food, yet, cats get top quality food from their owners on a daily base.
First you make this statement, but the following is a completely different story and you suddenly changed from judging the fundamental instincts of a cat into the owners responsibility in correspondence to his/her cat.

As if humans aren't animals? We developed because we were able to apply experience rather than instinct. Our experiences made us teach things, things we applied in similar situations that helped us stay alive. Now look what we have in opposition to 'regular' animals, there's human rights, laws that forbid us to kill others, and an economic system that rewards us whenever we are performing well (not mentioning exceptions here). Cats won't learn not to kill because people don't want them to, believe it or not, but from an objective view, such cat owners are sadistic beings. The Pavlov method applies to every animal so far, why would a cat owner not apply it to his or her cat in order to tame it? Also, cats themselves should be taught some decent values as well. They see the hunting of smaller creatures as playtime. This is motivated by most people for no apparent reason. Whenever you see a dog shred a cat to pieces, people either try to stop the dog or punish it for what it has done. Cats however, are rewarded for their killings.

Clearly anybody with some sense does not approve of cats in their current form.
First of all, do you find yourself at the same level of intelligence as a cat or any other animal for that matter? No, you don't. Humans, as you probably meant in what you wrote, has developed important values and moral complexes and therefore should indeed do what they can to influence their pet and try to embed the right values into it's demeanor and to some extent erase bad instincts.

But there's quite a contrast between Dogs and Cats. Most cat owners treat their cat, feeds it and shows it love and concern, but other than that it's mostly bound by its home and can basically run free where it wants without being supervised by its owner. A dog however, usually remains by it's owner side and is kept in a leash when out for a walk and thus is mostly taught not to attack other animals small or big due to the presence of its owner.

Honestly, you probably just have a grudge against cats somehow. Although, I'm not quite ruling out that cats are probably more aggressive animals with well developed killer (murder?) instincts, but neither am i going to disregard the fact that your pet is the main target of a cat and how you just contradicted yourself. :p

Last edited:

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry to ask, but what was that?
No problem, that was for that:

Thanks for telling me I have no sense, should I insult you too?
........................................................................................................

Haha, Maria, I didn't know you hate cats also! So let me argue with you a little bit :)

Well About the Pein and Sufferings I think you can search for "Lion kills someone" On youtube and see whether they really enjoy when other animals suffer and feel pein or they jsut hunt their preys in order to fill they stomaches ;)

Really, It depends on a cat. And by the way, Maria were you speaking about home pets or cats in general? ;)

Because I have a feeling you people acuse predators in having their nature, because most "smart" predators, fortunately or not, are cats. ( And birds)
No, i was talking about pet-cats, i think they are bored and they just torture animals cause of that. They turn sadistic, just because they are getting away of their nature i think.
Wildlife is a completely different matter.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not referring to bugs or cockroaches, I'm referring to mice, rats, birds and fish.

And as I mentioned, it's highly disturbing how cats are unable to comprehend the luxury they have and still find the solution in something as killing, which automatically become sadistic due to the fact they aren't required to.

Mice and rats- probably because people find those creatures annoying and disturbing and therefore they do nothing but praise cats.

Honestly, I havent seen a pet cat killing a fish for the sake of killing the fish.

And birds, well, I have to admit you got a point here, but again, I havent seen a home pet cat killing a bird for no reason. Firstly because they cannot do it, simply they lack the speed and reaction of a wilder cat, and secondly because they don't do it as often.

The cats who live in the streets I guess is a different story.

As much as I find my cat annoying, I love these animals because of their free nature and selfishness. At the same time you know that someone smart and fluffy is living with you ;)

Chavez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

In defense of Rei;

As mentioned before, certain animals have owners which feed them luxury food daily, immediately rendering the urge to kill as a sadistic behavior pattern.

Ryuusaki said:
First you make this statement, but the following is a completely different story and you suddenly changed from judging the fundamental instincts of a cat into the owners responsibility in correspondence to his/her cat.
I beg to differ, my post was a criticized comment on cats, their habitat, and their owners. Problems usually don't develop single sided.

Ryuusaki said:
First of all, do you find yourself at the same level of intelligence as a cat or any other animal for that matter? No, you don't. Humans, as you probably meant in what you wrote, has developed important values and moral complexes and therefore should indeed do what they can to influence their pet and try to embed the right values into it's demeanor and to some extent erase bad instincts.
And, if you have read my post well, you would have read the one thing that allows us to be on that higher level. I don't see how this could be an argument.

Ryuusaki said:
But there's quite a contrast between Dogs and Cats. Most cat owners treat their cat, feeds it and shows it love and concern, but other than that it's mostly bound by its home and can basically run free where it wants without being supervised by its owner. A dog however, usually remains by it's owner side and is kept in a leash when out for a walk and thus is mostly taught not to attack other animals small or big due to the presence of it's owner.
Which is confirms my argument on all fields, except for the mindset of cats. Also, my argument was merely to show how crooked the values of most pet owners really are, which you back up by stating the obvious fact that cat owners don't supervise their pets while they should. Like I said before, if I were to buy a dog that rips cats to pieces and I'd let it walk outside freely, I wouldn't become very popular. However, if a cat were to kill my pet (taking your statement down here as example), I would've been told not to whine, and the cat probably would be rewarded for following it's outdated instincts.

Ryuusaki said:
Honestly, you probably just have a grudge against cats somehow, and I'm not quite ruling out that your pet is the main target of a cat.
This is a personal conclusion made public, and I don't care what made you say so, but either way it's a poorly constructed argument in a whole, which on it's turn doesn't attach to the rest of your post since it supports pretty much every argument I have made so far.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
.................................................. .................................................. ....
Sorry Maria, it looked like.

~My point~

Anyone who disagrees has no sense whatsoever ;=]
♦ Rei ♦;1196081 said:
No, i was talking about pet-cats, i think they are bored and they just torture animals cause of that. They turn sadistic, just because they are getting away of their nature i think.
Wildlife is a completely different matter.

As I have already mentioned referring to another poster, you people got a point here, but it also depends on what kind of cat it is.

I also would like to add why cats like to hunt down smaller things. They mostly do it on their territory, they are basically owners, and won't let someone smaller to stalk in their territory ;)

So basically, we people, who transformed cats into such animals are now creating theories on why cats are sadistic and bad :p

Ryuusaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mice and rats- probably because people find those creatures annoying and disturbing and therefore they do nothing but praise cats.

Honestly, I havent seen a pet cat killing a fish for the sake of killing the fish.

And birds, well, I have to admit you got a point here, but again, I havent seen a home pet cat killing a bird for no reason. Firstly because they cannot do it, simply they lack the speed and reaction of a wilder cat, and secondly because they don't do it as often.

The cats who live in the streets I guess is a different story.

As much as I find my cat annoying, I love these animals because of their free nature and selfishness. At the same time you know that someone smart and fluffy is living with you ;)
Actually my aunts cat came home with a dead Budgerigar... I gave him a great big pat on the head and said "attaboy!".

No, seriously.. either you side with cats or you don't, obiously. A lot can be said on certain cats, but so can it be said about certain dogs, pigs, humans take your pick. I just think people like Chavez (no offense) are exaggerating in the way they're wording Cats as sadistic murderers, and from what I read didn't separate owned cats from wild ones (until later). :eek:

Anyway, I agree that there's some degree of truth in cats being what they are, just not as stated here in the first place and I think I'll stick with that. :p

Last edited:

Chavez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just think people like Chavez (no offense) are exaggerating in the way they're wording Cats as sadistic murderers, and from what I read didn't separate owned cats from wild ones (until later). :eek:
To be honest, I personally think you have yet to see a cat in action, that in combination of having a near death experience yourself makes it all much more easier to understand what it's like to be taken out just for the mere fun of it.

I wish people weren't so easy-going when talking about the lives of other's.

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Which is confirms my argument on all fields, except for the mindset of cats. Also, my argument was merely to show how crooked the values of most pet owners really are, which you back up by stating the obvious fact that cat owners don't supervise their pets while they should. Like I said before, if I were to buy a dog that rips cats to pieces and I'd let it walk outside freely, I wouldn't become very popular. However, if a cat were to kill my pet (taking your statement down here as example), I would've been told not to whine, and the cat probably would be rewarded for following it's outdated instincts.
So you have proven the point about people being not careful enough.
If dog kills a cat, people will think it would be able to attack a human, since dog can seriously injure human. And a cat would never attack a human.

Rei

Legendary
Kin
5,001,259💸
Kumi
527💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I have already mentioned referring to another poster, you people got a point here, but it also depends on what kind of cat it is.

I also would like to add why cats like to hunt down smaller things. They mostly do it on their territory, they are basically owners, and won't let someone smaller to stalk in their territory ;)

So basically, we people, who transformed cats into such animals are now creating theories on why cats are sadistic and bad :p
yes i know they are territorial but still ...
well i mean, in my opinion, i won't be the one who will judge the instincts of any living creature. So i guess it's just my thing, my point of view. It is so cruel and everything that is cruel makes me feel uncomfortable.
Maybe the truth is that i am so repelled because they remind me of human nature some times...Maybe that's what i can't stand.
I once saw a video, there was an aquarium with piranhas only and some guys were throwing goldfish in there. And although i understand that piranhas are fish and they need to be fed, and also that this is the way they "hunt" and eat their preys...still the fact that someone threw a goldfish in there, giving it no chance of survival (it has a chance in a river but not in a box) well for me...it was very cat -like :S

Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
♦ Rei ♦;1196091 said:
yes i know they are territorial but still ...
well i mean, in my opinion, i won't be the one who will judge the instincts of any living creature. So i guess it's just my thing, my point of view. It is so cruel and everything that is cruel makes me feel uncomfortable.
Maybe the truth is that i am so repelled because they remind me of human nature some times...Maybe that's what i can't stand.
I once saw a video, there was an aquarium with piranhas only and some guys were throwing goldfish in there. And although i understand that piranhas are fish and they need to be fed, and also that this is the way they "hunt" and eat their preys...still the fact that someone threw a goldfish in there, giving it no chance of survival (it has a chance in a river but not in a box) well for me...it was very cat -like :S

Lmao it was indeed cruel but cat's kind don't throw goldfishes anywhere >.<

Ryuusaki

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be honest, I personally think you have yet to see a cat in action, that in combination of having a near death experience yourself makes it all much more easier to understand what it's like to be taken out just for the mere fun of it.

I wish people weren't so easy-going when talking about the lives of other's.
You might detest my values, see me as a nazi or whatever you deem fit, but to try and add a degree of closure to this argument...

I'm just going to state that I can't see an even parallel between a serial murder/rapist taking the life of another human for fun and a cat murdering a mouse for kicks.

Us arguing about this is hopeless.