nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The principle was forced. It wasn't needed to end the series the way it did. It had nothing at all to do with beating Kuvira or LOK at all. It was totally unnecessary.
there were hints at the of the of season 3 the wheelchair scene, the letters , the blush that korra made when asami gave her a compliment, the little arguement that broke out between them when asami told korra she went seen her father,

slayerdanger

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If they had made Korra and Mako get together would the creators have sold themselves to the "straight is awesome" crowd?
I can't believe you need this to be explained to you. Straight is the most common sexual orientation, there is no "straight is awesome" crowd, it's a sexual orientation that ensures our survival.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But then again there were a lot of relationships in the series.
Besides the point. Relationships in series are a natural thing, yet to have something like this to end the series wasn't quite the parallel of TLA and unnecessary for the series as a whole.
You seriously didn't expect Korra to get together with anyone?
No one is saying this, so quit trying to make a point that isn't there.
There were hints you know.
The vaguest of hints, whereas Katara and Aang was obvious so the relationship wasn't that surprising.
there were hints at the of the of season 3 the wheelchair scene, the letters , the blush that korra made when asami gave her a compliment, the little arguement that broke out between them when asami told korra she went seen her father,
Hints to a relationship? I am not doubting their relationship.
What I am trying to say is that their relationship was completely forced and unnecessary as part of the series.

Last edited:

nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can't believe you need this to be explained to you. Straight is the most common sexual orientation, there is no "straight is awesome" crowd, it's a sexual orientation that ensures our survival.
nope , according to you , it needs some kinda purpose to serve to the story , mako and korra give no purpose whatsoever

Bantos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well that is true.
You're just sour.
Korra and Asami getting together was a great way to go, maybe they WERE trying to make a point. There is nothing wrong with that.

Also you ignored one of my posts so I'm adding it here.

The creators make absolutely everything happen. Even heterosexual relationships do not happen in avataverse by themselves.
You make absolutely no sense.
The ending was beautiful. I'd say that they just decided to put Korra and Asami together because it seriously seemed like the best option, there were even the hints you refuse to believe in.

I find it sad that you're this concerned about the show having a same *** couple, while the show is like 70% violence.

slayerdanger

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So because it's more common its ok...?
Didn't even say that, because it's more common, our species can continue. That's why it's ok, not because it's common. Read between the lines, don't just take parts of my post and make baseless assumptions about what I'm saying. I'm sorry, but your crack pairing has no purpose whatsoever.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't even say that, because it's more common, our species can continue. That's why it's ok, not because it's common. Read between the lines, don't just take parts of my post and make baseless assumptions about what I'm saying. I'm sorry, but your crack pairing has no purpose whatsoever.
You did say that. I pointed out your bias.

I understand you're very conservative about the topic but the purpose of the relationship between korra and Asami is to show that a healthy relationships can exist regardless of the genders of the participants.

Hyperion

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also it seems that those in favor of the ending in particular hold a personal connection to the outcome of the relationship.
That also factors into how you feel about the ending.

Just to make myself clear, the relationship is what it is. My point is that the series ended sluggishly with the revelation of said relationship which had no relevance at all to the series as a whole. It was forced by the powers that be for this series, hints or no hints.

The good thing about this is that it leaves no loose ends to the main plot and leaves room for imagination on what is next with Korra as the avatar.

Maybe nitpicky or whatnot but my point stands.

Anyhow, that is my opinion on the ending.

Reactions: Solo

slayerdanger

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You did say that. I pointed out your bias.

I understand you're very conservative about the topic but the purpose of the relationship between korra and Asami is to show that a healthy relationships can exist regardless of the genders of the participants.
How did it serve that purpose when we haven't seen their crack pairing relationship start? For all you know, they could last a week, and beat each other. Healthy relationship? More like putting an agenda down the throats of the viewers.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How did it serve that purpose when we haven't seen their crack pairing relationship start?
we've been watching them 4 the past 4 seasons. . . We've seen the lengths they would go for each other.
For all you know, they could last a week, and beat each other.
Bruh you're making it seem as if they don't know each other by now. Asami isn't some random person.
Healthy relationship? More like putting an agenda down the throats of the viewers.
is two people going on vacation not healthy?

slayerdanger

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
we've been watching them 4 the past 4 seasons. . . We've seen the lengths they would go for each other.
Bruh you're making it seem as if they don't know each other by now. Asami isn't some random person.
is two people going on vacation not healthy?
We haven't seen them as a couple, and you're so brainwashed by this agenda, the crack pairing takes time away from the show. We could have had an epic ending, but instead we got a lesbian girl power ending.

Last edited:

nightwolf888

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We haven't seen them as a couple, and you're so brainwashed by this agenda, the crack pairing takes time away from the show. We could have had an epic ending, but instead we got a lesbian girl power ending.
nah its you that wrapped up a by a agenda by the right wing extremist christian lunatics who think they own the world, showing two of the same-*** falling in love is not a agenda

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We haven't seen them as a couple
wheather or not they are a couple is up to the viewer. It was left ambiguous 4 a reason.
and you're so brainwashed by this agenda,
I'm not the one being close minded about this.
the crack pairing takes time away from the show.
Wait.... how is it taking time away from the show if you just said and I quote:

"We haven't seen them as a couple"​

Make up your mind. Are they a couple and therefore taking time from the show or they aren't a couple and isn't.
We could have had an epic ending, but instead we got a lesbian girl power ending.
Avatar the last Airbender ended exactly the same way....

slayerdanger

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nah its you that wrapped up a by a agenda by the right wing extremist christian lunatics who think they own the world, showing two of the same-*** falling in love is not a agenda
I wouldn't get wrapped up by another group of people that also use agendas to get what they want. Gays and Christians are so alike, you have no idea. I want shows to be neutral when it comes to homos, not hint at it or promote it. You're the one who wants homosexuality to be included in shows where it isn't needed. So, you sound more extreme than me.

Kai NB

Legendary
Kin
640💸
Kumi
6,987💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not that I have anything wrong with it, but it was kinda random. Like, they sorta forced it in my opinion. Seriously though, it's on everyone's mind, Korra and Asami

Now you can look at in two ways

1) They didn't do anything so they're just friends (Suuurrre)
2) I KNEW IT!

The thing is, why did they really add it? Like, did anyone else feel that there was a connection? It just stood out to me. Like with Mako and Korra, there was development, but was there any with these two? Definitely no obvious development for me

KorrAsami FTW!!!

But if you want to look at this from a social standpoint, they probably added this to allow for transitions into new media and get people used to LGBT. After doing this, other shows may follow and after several years, the newer generations will watch it and not find it as anything that stands out, because let's be real, even if you are for it, you can not deny that people still find it outside the norm. So I think this is good, because overtime it will stop ignorant people from getting angry over LGBT couples and such

You don't have to agree with gays and lesbians, but that doesn't mean you should stop other people, cause there is nothing wrong that is happening

Anyways, I rambled and made this a discussion that isn't too necessary so I'm just gonna end off with this

LOVE THE SERIES!!!

Char Aznable

Elite
Kin
99💸
Kumi
69💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That hand hold at the end though. Reminds me of another famous hand hold from another series that also ended recently.

You must be registered for see images

PARALLELS!!!