chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read people walked out of the movie early due to violence. What? It wasn't that violent except one particularly violent scene. I've seen Bruce Willis catch more bodies in a Die Hard movie.

****!!!!!!!********!!!!!SPOILERS***!!!!!!******!!!!!!!!
I'm accepting this will be the unpopular opinion but I didn't think it was that great.

It was a fine movie but it wasn't a great movie and it wasn't really that good of a DC story tbh. Maybe it's personal but I don't want or need a reason for The Joker to be other than he is. His best reasoning in the comics for me is his drive to make Batman better, he's said before he's only here to help Bruce be the best Batman he can be through his own insane methods. That or no reason at all are the best for the character, otherwise he becomes like a normal guy who is tired of being at the bottom.

As for the costume...are purple pants and a jacket that hard? I don't care what you try to tell me that was red, magenta or burgundy at best. And the face, the faccccce...come on son.

The laugh itself, honestly, not that great but all Joker laughs are held against Hamill and that's just hard to match. The reasoning behind it was a decent touch for a character in general but I go back to my reasoning against giving Joker too much of a reason for his behaviors.

I did like how vague it actually was for it being an "origin" story. That's how a Joker story should be, vague. I would challenge you to really identify his "breaking point" to become Joker in this film because I would argue there's as much a breaking point that begins his trajectory down that path as there is an "inspirational moment" where he decides he's going to take up this duty.

In that same note we start the moving thinking Jokers' name is Arthur Fleck and he's a child to a single mom whose husband left. We later learn he's Thomas Wayne's bastard. We later learn that's not true(thank god) or is it and Wayne faked paper work? Then we learn his "mom" actually adopted him and he was abandoned so has no name(the way it should be). So we go from thinking we knew who Joker was at the start of this film to realizing we know nothing really about him.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I read people walked out of the movie early due to violence. What? It wasn't that violent except one particularly violent scene. I've seen Bruce Willis catch more bodies in a Die Hard movie.

****!!!!!!!********!!!!!SPOILERS***!!!!!!******!!!!!!!!
I'm accepting this will be the unpopular opinion but I didn't think it was that great.

It was a fine movie but it wasn't a great movie and it wasn't really that good of a DC story tbh. Maybe it's personal but I don't want or need a reason for The Joker to be other than he is. His best reasoning in the comics for me is his drive to make Batman better, he's said before he's only here to help Bruce be the best Batman he can be through his own insane methods. That or no reason at all are the best for the character, otherwise he becomes like a normal guy who is tired of being at the bottom.

As for the costume...are purple pants and a jacket that hard? I don't care what you try to tell me that was red, magenta or burgundy at best. And the face, the faccccce...come on son.

The laugh itself, honestly, not that great but all Joker laughs are held against Hamill and that's just hard to match. The reasoning behind it was a decent touch for a character in general but I go back to my reasoning against giving Joker too much of a reason for his behaviors.

I did like how vague it actually was for it being an "origin" story. That's how a Joker story should be, vague. I would challenge you to really identify his "breaking point" to become Joker in this film because I would argue there's as much a breaking point that begins his trajectory down that path as there is an "inspirational moment" where he decides he's going to take up this duty.

In that same note we start the moving thinking Jokers' name is Arthur Fleck and he's a child to a single mom whose husband left. We later learn he's Thomas Wayne's bastard. We later learn that's not true(thank god) or is it and Wayne faked paper work? Then we learn his "mom" actually adopted him and he was abandoned so has no name(the way it should be). So we go from thinking we knew who Joker was at the start of this film to realizing we know nothing really about him.
It was like a weird type of violence, I can understand people being upset tbh, I thought people were gonna hate it cus they really had a villain as the main character, but some people thought it was boring and pointless.

I liked it, but it seemed like a really extreme movie, it was bold.

I have heard other people say similar things, that it didn't feel like the "Joker" as from the comics, which I understand, I view this movie kinda like BAtman Begins where you abrely knew it was a Batman movie, so I was fine with it.

Hamill has the best laugh, I even thought Ledger wasn't enough of a comicbooks accurate Joker tbh but JAred Leto wasn't that great for the little screen time he had so what do I know. This Joker was different though, it showed a human behind the monster and it was way mroe serious and literal than other incarnations.

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was like a weird type of violence, I can understand people being upset tbh, I thought people were gonna hate it cus they really had a villain as the main character, but some people thought it was boring and pointless.

I have heard other people say similar things, that it didn't feel like the "Joker" as from the comics, which I understand, I view this movie kinda like BAtman Begins where you abrely knew it was a Batman movie, so I was fine with it.

Hamill has the best laugh, I even thought Ledger wasn't enough of a comicbooks accurate Joker tbh but JAred Leto wasn't that great for the little screen time he had so what do I know. This Joker was different though, it showed a human behind the monster and it was way mroe serious and literal than other incarnations.
The Joker is a high time legend

Reactions: Chikombo

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I really didn't think it was that violent it's just the tone of the movie made people uncomfortable with the violence I guess. I mean let's compare Deadpool and Joker on violence. Joker killed 6 people in the whole movie. On the train he shot 1 guy once 1 guy twice 1 guy 3-4 times, he suffocated 1 woman, he stabbed 1 guy and beat him to death(the most violent scene of them all) and he shot 1 guy 2-3 times.

Deadpool in just the opening scene kills 17 people. Way more violently. He breaks 1 guys neck turning his head around almost 180, he gets 1 guy decapitated by a bike chain, he kicks one guy out of the car and he gets dragged across the road and repeatedly rolled over by the SUV, He shoots 10 guys 1 of them multiple times, then he stabs some one and holds them above his head and some others. By the end of the movie he had 52 kills(nice reference btw)

Ledger wasn't comic book accurate at all but the thing is he made it work so well that it stopped mattering almost immediately and for me Joaquin didn't.

See that's the thing though, Joker doesn't need and imo shouldn't be humanized. I don't want him to have a reason he laughs beyond he finds chaos and despair funny. I don't want his laugh to be the result of mental trauma that then detracts from the villainy of the character. Why can't villains be villains because they "just want to watch the world burn" why does every villain need a realistic reason for their behavior?

Reactions: Chikombo

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really didn't think it was that violent it's just the tone of the movie made people uncomfortable with the violence I guess. I mean let's compare Deadpool and Joker on violence. Joker killed 6 people in the whole movie. On the train he shot 1 guy once 1 guy twice 1 guy 3-4 times, he suffocated 1 woman, he stabbed 1 guy and beat him to death(the most violent scene of them all) and he shot 1 guy 2-3 times.

Deadpool in just the opening scene kills 17 people. Way more violently. He breaks 1 guys neck turning his head around almost 180, he gets 1 guy decapitated by a bike chain, he kicks one guy out of the car and he gets dragged across the road and repeatedly rolled over by the SUV, He shoots 10 guys 1 of them multiple times, then he stabs some one and holds them above his head and some others. By the end of the movie he had 52 kills(nice reference btw)

Ledger wasn't comic book accurate at all but the thing is he made it work so well that it stopped mattering almost immediately and for me Joaquin didn't.

See that's the thing though, Joker doesn't need and imo shouldn't be humanized. I don't want him to have a reason he laughs beyond he finds chaos and despair funny. I don't want his laugh to be the result of mental trauma that then detracts from the villainy of the character. Why can't villains be villains because they "just want to watch the world burn" why does every villain need a realistic reason for their behavior?
gottamit shopstikara u'll never change..

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wonder how come a movie about Hitler is less disturbing than a movie about a lone wolf. They made that movie rise of evil and like nobody paniced then as far as I know.
Maybe because it wasn't like personal or something. Like they didn't show Hitler as a nice guy.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
bruh im dead, you didnt even see the shit. stupid ass thread :LOL::LOL::LOL: im a savage though so ill probably spoil it for you...

but that movie was dope, i like that it had horror elements too it. like the whole tone of the movie was the tone of a horror movie. the vibes...them vibes yo were heavy. the city was fucking lolla, its crazy how people didnt just move like...i dont care what it takes i wouldve moved the **** up out of there. in the beginning the news was reporting how there was so much trash that people couldnt leave their apartments, the city had "super rats" that were stronger and harder too kill. like that was too funny, just move

i did dig the Joker character himself. though again, if he wouldve just moved out of that savage enviorment i think it couldve went differently, like his life ya know? i felt bad for fam after a while, he would try to be nice but the city wasnt having it, like was literally making a kid laugh and this lady went off on him. but when he did evil things, its like he was suppose to be that way, things would work out. like he kills people on a subway and is seen as a hero, that alone shows how fucked up that city was. three people get murked and everyone idolizes the killer, :LOL::LOL::LOL:

the acting was also good and the way it was filmed, it had like a psychological element too it and as the movie progressed it was like playing with reality from the audiences standpoint, that was dope. Joker was also well acted, i feel like since Heath Ledger died they kind of make him peak. but this Joker was really good, his dance moves were mad creepy but i loved it. also his behavior was great, like he wanted to be a comedian but he didnt understand what was funny. so he had this like fake laugh, i loved it. like one scene he was in a comedy club and everyone was laughing at the comic and all of his responses were like delayed. he did a great job with that character honestly, sick movie. 4/5

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I keep hearing that either people love it (like me) or people think it's not a proper Joker, or people find it boring and pointless.
bruh you didnt even see it though :LOL::LOL::LOL: unless you did by now

but id consider myself a film buff. as a film, take all the superhero fandom out of the equation and its a pretty deep movie thats executed well. a lot of people that find it average imo are people who arent heavy into film, at least from my experience this week

it was filmed well and flowed very organically through each scene. the acting was good from everyone, the only problem id say is plot wise it was a bit too obvious of the audience on how Joker would snap in the beginning. but even that got better, it also had political undertones and the vibe was just executed well on a lot of levels

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

but id consider myself a film buff. as a film, take all the superhero fandom out of the equation and its a pretty deep movie thats executed well. a lot of people that find it average imo are people who arent heavy into film, at least from my experience this week

it was filmed well and flowed very organically through each scene. the acting was good from everyone, the only problem id say is plot wise it was a bit too obvious of the audience on how Joker would snap in the beginning. but even that got better, it also had political undertones and the vibe was just executed well on a lot of levels
r u talkin to me???..

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Average and boring, imo.
I cosign this. People are acting like it's one of the greatest films ever made. It's not. It has a slow, sloooow build with a few nice bits holding it together throughout. They drag some scenes on sooo long for no reason, most of them being him dancing. If the movie had kept the same attitude/feel of the last 30-40 minutes it would have probably been a great film.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

No I have seen it now, I didn't see it before I posted this thread though.

But yeah I liked it, I thought it was scarily extremely bold.
They really had a bad person as the protagonist. Not an antihero or whatever. And it was like real, even though it takes place in Gotham, nothing is like from the comics, it's all believable.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I cosign this. People are acting like it's one of the greatest films ever made. It's not. It has a slow, sloooow build with a few nice bits holding it together throughout. They drag some scenes on sooo long for no reason, most of them being him dancing. If the movie had kept the same attitude/feel of the last 30-40 minutes it would have probably been a great film.
thats called atmosphere fam, him dancing was symbolic to him coming into his own. the first scene we saw him dance was when he first got the gun, the second scene we saw him dance was after he killed those people on the subway, etc. its all symbolism for him coming into his own

i dont think its the greatest film ever made but the movie had dynamic and flow it atmosphere and story so by the end when it climaxed it was full chaotic energy. if the whole movie was that way imo, it would be less effective and more stagnant. dynamics in story telling man, its dynamics
Post automatically merged:

No I have seen it now, I didn't see it before I posted this thread though.

But yeah I liked it, I thought it was scarily extremely bold.
They really had a bad person as the protagonist. Not an antihero or whatever. And it was like real, even though it takes place in Gotham, nothing is like from the comics, it's all believable.
oh my apologizes then :LOL::LOL::LOL:

yeah its more psychological then like an action superhero movie, people expect i think for it to be that but its psychological thiller, which i think for telling the story of a madman coming into his own, is fitting