salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I keep hearing that either people love it (like me) or people think it's not a proper Joker, or people find it boring and pointless.
It's purpose was to give us an insight into what made the joker, however it wasn't in depth. It was slow(they were longing it out) and boring for that reason. If it had more depth it could've been more liked even if it was slow.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
drama movie about comic character...or am i wrong????..
um i wouldnt say it was pure drama but all film needs drama ya know? like if theres no kind of conflict its boring to watch. id say its like a psychological thiller and coming of age story(except with a psychopath). like idk if youve seen Halloween but Rob Zombie re did it telling the original story of Michael Myers and it had vibes like that

but yeah theres drama but i feel like every movie has drama if i was to nerd out on you. even back to when like the greeks and romans had theatres all the stories were labeled "Dramas" its an essential element in any type of story
Post automatically merged:

It's purpose was to give us an insight into what made the joker, however it wasn't in depth. It was slow(they were longing it out) and boring for that reason. If it had more depth it could've been more liked even if it was slow.
i think you missed the depth tbh if that was your takeaway. how did you think it wasnt in depth? what was missing that wouldve made it a more in depth analysis?

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
um i wouldnt say it was pure drama but all film needs drama ya know? like if theres no kind of conflict its boring to watch. id say its like a psychological thiller and coming of age story(except with a psychopath). like idk if youve seen Halloween but Rob Zombie re did it telling the original story of Michael Myers and it had vibes like that

but yeah theres drama but i feel like every movie has drama if i was to nerd out on you. even back to when like the greeks and romans had theatres all the stories were labeled "Dramas" its an essential element in any type of story

i think you missed the depth tbh if that was your takeaway. how did you think it wasnt in depth? what was missing that wouldve made it a more in depth analysis?
but it dont sound at all like teh joker from batman of superhero movie..

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
but it dont sound at all like teh joker from batman of superhero movie..
it is but its like a different interpretation, its just like him coming into being Joker. like he was always off in the movie but it evolves until he loses him self in his madness and is just the Joker. also at the time all of this is happening batman is a kid, so by the time hes old enough to even be batman. Joker is deeper into his derangement then he is in this movie, idk if that makes sense

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No it's like it's own thing, they just happen to have those names and characters in the movie.
mmmmmh..

it is but its like a different interpretation, its just like him coming into being Joker. like he was always off in the movie but it evolves until he loses him self in his madness and is just the Joker. also at the time all of this is happening batman is a kid, so by the time hes old enough to even be batman. Joker is deeper into his derangement then he is in this movie, idk if that makes sense

no it dont make sense....and sorry i prefere goofy tobi character instead of that joker from teh joker movie..

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thats called atmosphere fam, him dancing was symbolic to him coming into his own. the first scene we saw him dance was when he first got the gun, the second scene we saw him dance was after he killed those people on the subway, etc. its all symbolism for him coming into his own

i dont think its the greatest film ever made but the movie had dynamic and flow it atmosphere and story so by the end when it climaxed it was full chaotic energy. if the whole movie was that way imo, it would be less effective and more stagnant. dynamics in story telling man, its dynamics

oh my apologizes then :LOL::LOL::LOL:

yeah its more psychological then like an action superhero movie, people expect i think for it to be that but its psychological thiller, which i think for telling the story of a madman coming into his own, is fitting
They didn't need to make every scene of him dancing 30 seconds or longer though which is why I said they drug them on too long. The scenes weren't the issue the unnecessary length of those shots were. Also since when is The Joker such a dancer? Let's not forget this isn't just a movie about a character it's supposed to be about a character named The Joker and those moments took me out of that story and into a new story about a guy named Arthur.

I'm not talking about you in particular but a lot of reviews in general act like it's a flawless piece.

As I said above I did like it I just don't think it was as amazing a movie as some make it sound and I don't think it was a great comic based movie either. I liked the ambiguity of it though see you saw him turn to Joker because of a "snap" but I'd argue you could say he became Joker because he was inspired by the reaction of the city and in particular Zazie's character, Sophie(aka this films Harley, she was even wearing red and black ).

Because while yes he did have low moments it seemed like it was moments of inspiration that pushed him to take it further imo. It was desperation that made him fight on the train but it was Zazie and the papers that made him don the costume. I also liked the ambiguity of who the MC actually was, we start the movie believing we know his name and his family history growing up only to learn none of it is real. That is the most Joker-esque thing in the whole movie.

So if it's different how is it like? Also Joker in story is a response to Batman so why is he pushing 40 when Bruce is a pre-teen?

Fine movie, meh Joker story.

Last edited:

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They didn't need to make every scene of him dancing 30 seconds or longer though which is why I said they drug them on too long. The scenes weren't the issue the unnecessary length of those shots were. Also since when is The Joker such a dancer? Let's not forget this isn't just a movie about a character it's supposed to be about a character named The Joker and those moments took me out of that story and into a new story about a guy named Arthur.

I'm not talking about you in particular but a lot of reviews in general act like it's a flawless piece.

As I said above I did like it I just don't think it was as amazing a movie as some make it sound and I don't think it was a great comic based movie either. I liked the ambiguity of it though see you saw him turn to Joker because of a "snap" but I'd argue you could say he became Joker because he was inspired by the reaction of the city and in particular Zazie's character, Sophie(aka this films Harley, she was even wearing red and black ).

Because while yes he did have low moments it seemed like it was moments of inspiration that pushed him to take it further imo. It was desperation that made him fight on the train but it was Zazie and the papers that made him don the costume. I also liked the ambiguity of who the MC actually was, we start the movie believing we know his name and his family history growing up only to learn none of it is real. That is the most Joker-esque thing in the whole movie.

So if it's different how is it like? Also Joker in story is a response to Batman so why is he pushing 40 when Bruce is a pre-teen?

Fine movie, meh Joker story.
i felt it worked because each time he got to a new level his dancing got more fluid. by the time he was on the steps after he killed that other clown dude, he was killing it. i also think it emphasizes and sets the mood and translates that free feeling he felt when dancing to the viewer to build more attachment to the character and makes the atmosphere slightly more creepy and unsettling. though youre entitled to your opinion

the city was definitely rough and had a part to play in it. but they made it clear i think he was an already unstable person, i believe it was the culmination of all the events that led to him to stop taking his medication. Zazie was one of the few people who was nice to him, so he tried to hold unto that through his imagination but that also didnt hold up. i dont see the Harley comparison with her though personally, especially since it was all in his head. though it was obvious he was attracted to her but like...shes fine as hell so lol. thats an interesting take though also i agree with the ambiguity thing, that was a nice touch because he was just known as the Joker by the end like in the DC universe

how its like it? well id say the extreme violence and disregard to taking another persons life is very Joker. that scene where he killed the talk show host was actually super similar to a scene in the Dark Knight Cartoon

You must be registered for see medias

granted, he wasnt actually "Joker" till he went on the show. but even that bus scene, manipulating the chaos around him to his advantage to get away from the detectives is very Joker, chaos and panic is always something he uses. after in the police ride telling the cop that the chaos around him was beautiful is very Joker. also the uncontrollable laughing was very Joker, even if they gave reason as to why, once he embraced who he was and just let it happen, it matched i think, especially at the very end. the Bruce thing i was confused about though ill admit that, like he had to be in his 30s at the least when all of that was happening but at the same time. i never actually knew how old joker was, he couldve been this older dude messing with Batman this whole time

i also dont think it was perfect but i thought it was really good better than average. even though its not a DC movie i feel like it was still better than a lot of them as well

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
wut movi is in teh sig of ur'z??????..
That's Peaky Blinders 'cuz you should check it out. It's a series not a movie though.

Since we're talking Batman anyway I really hope they cast Cillian Murphy(Thomas Shelby) as Riddler in something I think he'd do the part justice. More than Jim Carrey did or (god please let this be a false rumor) Jonah Hill will.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's Peaky Blinders 'cuz you should check it out. It's a series not a movie though.

Since we're talking Batman anyway I really hope they cast Cillian Murphy(Thomas Shelby) as Riddler in something I think he'd do the part justice. More than Jim Carrey did or (god please let this be a false rumor) Jonah Hill will.
i not watch series..but thx for teh replies shopstikara...i advice u watch teh prestige ..its filled wit tobidara conceptions..

Reactions: Chikombo

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i not watch series..but thx for teh replies shopstikara...i advice u watch teh prestige ..its filled wit tobidara conceptions..
I think I've seen it.

Is the twist at the end
the one magician had a twin
If so then yeah it was good too.

You really should check out Peaky Blinders though. Good show and only like 6-8 episodes a season.

Another really good series was Money Heist. The way the 1st season was shot it felt like a movie.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I've seen it.

Is the twist at the end
the one magician had a twin
If so then yeah it was good too.

You really should check out Peaky Blinders though. Good show and only like 6-8 episodes a season.

Another really good series was Money Heist. The way the 1st season was shot it felt like a movie.
teh ending looked like hugh jackman won...cuz it seemed like one of his clone saw and learned teh truth of teh twin brothers...

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No he lost.
He found out the truth but he lost.

tbh i forgot lot about teh movie cuz i watched it on 2008...but if my memory is good jackman had lot of clones who got destroyed by alfred borden in teh end of movie...

-but right befor ending credit we see one of jackman clones there ..it looked dead ...but it could've been alive..

teh last jackman clone might have won becuz jackman bet was to find out alfred borden secret..

teh director left it to our interpretations i think.