Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Things that lost contexts are simple facts now? Wow.
But yeah, Rinnegan is still the superior eye.

tbh, Tenseigan could've been more badass if they didn't give Toneri a chakra cloak.

Amenotejikara

Regular
Kin
20💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can't compare a filler Doujutsu with the strongest power in the series. Naruto defeated Toneri using KCM only, while he needed his stronger modes to compete with Rinnegan users. Tenseigan is a fan service intended for Hyuga fans.
Lol truth and just like fillers it couldn't be unique but instead borrow canon material abilities.

Chaosmark101

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Tough question. For one thing we haven't seen a Tenseigan used by it's original owner in the manga or in any other media. But we have seen both the Tenseigan and Rinnegan used by non original owners and the Tenseigan was clearly more powerful.

I'm personally going to go ahead and say I believe the Tenseigan is more powerful but the Rinnegan has a greater X factor or potential power. Due to us having seen Original Rinnegan owners getting unique abilities only they can use (Ameno, Limbo etc) It's possible Tenseigan might grant the same thing but that remains to be seen.

There is also the potential power to become a Juubi Jin. But that requires a Rinnegan user to Aquire outside power. (Coagulating the tailed beasts + the Gedo Statue).

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
799💸
Kumi
397💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tough question. For one thing we haven't seen a Tenseigan used by it's original owner in the manga or in any other media. But we have seen both the Tenseigan and Rinnegan used by non original owners and the Tenseigan was clearly more powerful.

I'm personally going to go ahead and say I believe the Tenseigan is more powerful but the Rinnegan has a greater X factor or potential power. Due to us having seen Original Rinnegan owners getting unique abilities only they can use (Ameno, Limbo etc) It's possible Tenseigan might grant the same thing but that remains to be seen.

There is also the potential power to become a Juubi Jin. But that requires a Rinnegan user to Aquire outside power. (Coagulating the tailed beasts + the Gedo Statue).
But......tenseigan got beat by a KCM user.

Nomu

Kin
287💸
Kumi
147💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^Someone's feelings got hurt :nefer:.

To answer the Question again.

Tenseigan has the better and stronger chakra absorption technique, as it allows the user to absorb from a distance instantly.

It's summoning is stronger, as even Kurama couldn't beat it.

Has better and stronger gravity manipulation as it can move the moon.

Gives you a chakra cloak and Rikudo senjutsu.

Grants TSBs which destroys anything it touches. Also giving the user the ability to use a technique that can split the moon into 2.

Can put anyone under the users control (as he did to Hinata).

And I'm sure we will see more as the author focuses on Hamūra's side of the family and the Otsutsuki.

Tenseigan > Rinnegan :sigar:.
Sorry but no
Toneri’s chakra absorption ability is his own. He used it long before he even gained the Tenseigan. So it’s not a Tenseigan ability, it’s Toneri’s ability.

Kurama was playing around with the golem at first then he destroyed it instantly when he got serious. Naruto told Kurama to “stop playing around.”

Who do you think put the moon in its original orbiting position? Hagoromo did, and Sasuke could have if he wanted to. Each Six Paths Chibaku Tensei use required a Rinnegan user.

TSBs can destroy almost anything if onmyoton is applied. But the fact remains, Half of Kurama Sage Mode (not even using Rikudo Sage Mode) defeated Toneri with a punch.

Rinnegan genjutsu > Tenseigan genjutsu

Rinnegan > Tenseigan.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, I'm fairly sure that the tenseigan is on par with the rinne-sharingan, let alone the rinnegan. Hear me out.

First of all, as many have said, the tenseigan is clearly a power buffing dojutsu, with lots of chakra given to the user. It has the powers of the byakugan, it's own reincarnation jutsus, and it's own chakra mode. If you ask me, this screams out power buff. On top of this you also get the truth seeking balls. Depending on how you look at it, you could say that this would give the user the 6 path powers, as they are basically intertwined. It also gives resistance to infinite tsukuyomi, as shown with hamura. We cannot say that this is even the full extent of the dojutsu's power, for we hardly ever saw hamura use it, and toneri was forced to battle after a very short while after he got the dojutsu, and so it is not fair to say that he could use it. Also, he lived on his own on the moon for his whole life, with no combat experience l, so, yeah.

Now, the rinne-sharingan. Since it is the parent dojutsu of the rinnegan and the sharingan (and mangekyo), it is fair to say that it has those powers. That would tlbe the ability to copy jutsus (if you have mastered their nature affinity), use eye genjutsu, mabye use a susanoo (can't remember sos), and use the 6 path techniques.

So looking at all these, I think that it is fair to say that they're both equally powerful, for tenseigan is all about huge strength buffs, shown with a new user being able to slice the moon in half, and the rinne-sharingan (Finnegan and sharingan) is all about many techniques like ninjutsu and genjutsu.

Take your pick.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, I'm fairly sure that the tenseigan is on par with the rinne-sharingan, let alone the rinnegan. Hear me out.

First of all, as many have said, the tenseigan is clearly a power buffing dojutsu, with lots of chakra given to the user. It has the powers of the byakugan, it's own reincarnation jutsus, and it's own chakra mode. If you ask me, this screams out power buff. On top of this you also get the truth seeking balls. Depending on how you look at it, you could say that this would give the user the 6 path powers, as they are basically intertwined. It also gives resistance to infinite tsukuyomi, as shown with hamura. We cannot say that this is even the full extent of the dojutsu's power, for we hardly ever saw hamura use it, and toneri was forced to battle after a very short while after he got the dojutsu, and so it is not fair to say that he could use it. Also, he lived on his own on the moon for his whole life, with no combat experience l, so, yeah.

Now, the rinne-sharingan. Since it is the parent dojutsu of the rinnegan and the sharingan (and mangekyo), it is fair to say that it has those powers. That would tlbe the ability to copy jutsus (if you have mastered their nature affinity), use eye genjutsu, mabye use a susanoo (can't remember sos), and use the 6 path techniques.

So looking at all these, I think that it is fair to say that they're both equally powerful, for tenseigan is all about huge strength buffs, shown with a new user being able to slice the moon in half, and the rinne-sharingan (Finnegan and sharingan) is all about many techniques like ninjutsu and genjutsu.

Take your pick.
r u talkin to me????..