Since when can Obito phase while touching someone?

DeMaggio

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
This again? He's not picking particular parts to send to the 'Cube World', if he was, he would be able to touch Naruto while avoiding Gai's attack:

You must be registered for see images

Fail logic is fail. By this manga page alone, we can assume that when he phases, he is forced to make his entire body ETHEREAL and any body part that makes contact with another is automatically phased to his 'cube world'. He's not manually evacuating those parts of his body, it happens AUTOMATICALLY while he's making himself ethereal.
You "ASSUME" and his hand in that page wasn't being touched by anything so why did it go through Naruto's face? Fail logic is fail...

DeMaggio

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
This again? He's not picking particular parts to send to the 'Cube World', if he was, he would be able to touch Naruto while avoiding Gai's attack:

Fail logic is fail. By this manga page alone, we can assume that when he phases, he is forced to make his entire body ETHEREAL and any body part that makes contact with another is automatically phased to his 'cube world'. He's not manually evacuating those parts of his body, it happens AUTOMATICALLY while he's making himself ethereal.
So you're saying Kamui has a mind of it's own and does what it wants? You make no sense, he wanted to absorb Naruto but couldn't since he was being attacked so his entire body went through him because he wanted to and had to.

valandil988

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You "ASSUME" and his hand in that page wasn't being touched by anything so why did it go through Naruto's face? Fail logic is fail...
OMG its the Kamui technique thats how it works GOD.

If Obito gets attacked and phases through somthing the technique is activated. However this makes his WHOLE BODY intangible!

Do you get it yet? IE he cannot pick and choose which parts of his body are intangible. Its ALL OR NOTHING!

How can Obito put his hand in Madara's chest when Madara's is causing Obito to activate his body wide Kamui intangibility technique!!?? Its a simply point.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
So you're saying Kamui has a mind of it's own and does what it wants? You make no sense, he wanted to absorb Naruto but couldn't since he was being attacked so his entire body went through him because he wanted to and had to.
YES! To avoid even a single attack, his entire body becomes ETHEREAL. Its part of the jutsu. He's not picking and choosing parts to phase out, they get phased out automatically when the particular attack is made.

This is a great counter, thank you for posting it. The only difference here is that he is not avoiding an attack, he is attacking with a weapon. Either way, you are right to say that he is phasing here while staying in contact with a real object.

If you ask me, this adds the inconsistency that Kishi has shown in regard to this power. My OP shows he cannot touch someone while phasing through an attack, so all I can say he is that Kishi has been inconsistent in regard to this issue multiple times.

manga fact...obito can phase only pieces of his body into the other dimension while the rest of his body stays in the real world
OMG I'm not gonna thwart the same comment for the 5th time when Valandil even backed me up on it.

Reactions: The Necromancer

DeMaggio

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
OMG its the Kamui technique thats how it works GOD.

If Obito gets attacked and phases through somthing the technique is activated. However this makes his WHOLE BODY intangible!

Do you get it yet? IE he cannot pick and choose which parts of his body are intangible. Its ALL OR NOTHING!

How can Obito put his hand in Madara's chest when Madara's is causing Obito to activate his body wide Kamui intangibility technique!!?? Its a simply point.
You need your five teachers to help you or something? Obito can make ANY PART OF HIS ****ING BODY INTANGI****INGBLE. By your logic Madara could have just moved to the left or right when he was attacking Obito and he would have been fine since Obito's "ENTIRE BODY HAS TO BE INTANGIBLE" if his right nipple is getting attacked!!!???? Nah he can control what parts he sends. Only when he wants to absorb someone he has to be COMPLETELY tangible otherwise he might as well just go through everything...

DeMaggio

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
YES! To avoid even a single attack, his entire body becomes ETHEREAL. Its part of the jutsu. He's not picking and choosing parts to phase out, they get phased out automatically when the particular attack is made.

This is a great counter, thank you for posting it. The only difference here is that he is not avoiding an attack, he is attacking with a weapon. Either way, you are right to say that he is phasing here while staying in contact with a real object.

If you ask me, this adds the inconsistency that Kishi has shown in regard to this power. My OP shows he cannot touch someone while phasing through an attack, so all I can say he is that Kishi has been inconsistent in regard to this issue multiple times.

OMG I'm not gonna thwart the same comment for the 5th time when Valandil even backed me up on it.
Kishi isn't consistent, everything he has done makes sense regarding Kamui. I really honestly don't understand why you're trying to correct me when I'm right. Obito needs to be in the real world when ABSORBING/TELEPORTING people to the cube world. If he cannot because he's getting attacked he sends his entire body to cube world like he did against Konan with the paper bombs (not the izanagi part obviously). If he's not ABSORBING/TELEPORTING anyone to cube world he can send his penis to cube world and everything else can stay in the real world.

ObitoGokuKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I see your point. I made a Thread like this a long time ago too. I was wondering too, why - when Obito only sends parts of his body to the other dimension - Obitos whole body gets intangible. I think it is just a automatic reaction of his body.

And that moment, when Madara was attacking him, his hand phased through his head so did Obito's hand while it was inside him I think.

Ofc. Madara could have jumped back but I think he was just too surprised. You see, immediately after Madaras attack, Obito won distance of him. And I think it's pretty sure that he did this because if Madara would have attacked him another time, he would just slip away.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
BTW, found some other examples of your point:

Seems that if he is contact with a person or object before be activates his intangibility, he remains in contact with it. Still, it creates ambiguity on the issue.

DeMaggio

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
I don't see this as a plot hole TBH. It may be Obito's choice what gets phased with him.
Thank you, people are thinking tooooooo much when it's obvious and been confirmed with Konan and Kakashi. It's only not his choice when he wants to absorb someone, he can just have his eye in the real world and the rest of his body in cube world, it has to be all or nothing. If no absorbing he can do what ever he wants to do.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

Please quit
Your manga pages do nothing to disprove what I have said. You can leave my thread any time you want.

I see your point. I made a Thread like this a long time ago too. I was wondering too, why - when Obito only sends parts of his body to the other dimension - Obitos whole body gets intangible. I think it is just a automatic reaction of his body.

And that moment, when Madara was attacking him, his hand phased through his head so did Obito's hand while it was inside him I think.

Ofc. Madara could have jumped back but I think he was just too surprised. You see, immediately after Madaras attack, Obito won distance of him. And I think it's pretty sure that he did this because if Madara would have attacked him another time, he would just slip away.
I completely agree, its an automatic reaction of his body.

As to the distance he gained, I looked at it again and I think I know why. We can see that Obito extended his arm with chakra and launched Madara into the air. To me, this implies that his hand was always in contact with his stomach (while still phasing the left side of his head) and then forced Madara back by extending his arm. This actually adds proof to my point if you ask me, he was able to gain the distance of pushing Madara back by keeping his arm in contact with his stomach the whole time.

As I've restated multiple times, this goes against what we know in regard to the jutsu.

Last edited:

DeMaggio

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Your manga pages do nothing to disprove what I have said. You can leave my thread any time you want.

I completely agree, its an automatic reaction of his body.

As to the distance he gained, I looked at it again and I think I know why. We can see that Obito extended his arm with chakra and launched Madara into the air. To me, this implies that his hand was always in contact with his stomach (while still phasing the left side of his head) and then forced Madara back by extending his arm. This actually adds proof to my point if you ask me, he was able to gain the distance of pushing Madara back by keeping his arm in contact with his stomach the whole time.
This is a waste of time and just stupid. Were getting no where trying to make you understand what you're saying is just stupid and OVER THINKING IT WAAAAAY TO MUCH.