Since when can Obito phase while touching someone?

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito can't choose what part of his body he sends into the dimension. It happens everytime something unwanted comes in contact with him. If he wants to stay in touch with something while activating kamui, this object will have the same kamui effect as his body. Proven by Madaras Gunbai and his clothes. He can touch foreign objects that are not part of his body and extend the kamui effect to them.

To attack someone, he has to become touchable. This was stated endless times in the manga. Obito was never able to hit someone while another part of his body was attacked and this weakness was used as a strategy against him endless times in the manga, so this discussion is over I would say.

Last edited:

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
BTW, found some other examples of your point:

You must be registered for see images

Seems that if he is contact with a person or object before be activates his intangibility, he remains in contact with it. Still, it creates ambiguity on the issue.
It's always been established that prior contact remains when he phases, however with my example he was intangible while slipping through the Doton Wall, yet still managed to grab a Shuriken he had not been in contact with previously, and stabbed Kakashi in the physical world while phasing.

Reactions: Floydical

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's always been established that prior contact remains when he phases, however with my example he was intangible while slipping through the Doton Wall, yet still managed to grab a Shuriken he had not been in contact with previously, and stabbed Kakashi in the physical world while phasing.
Yes I see your point, I think the image you posted breaks the rules of the technique that Kishi has established for Obito's version of Kamui. Just like how him thrusting Madara back while phasing his attempt to take back his Rinnegan breaks the rules.

Reactions: -immortal-

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very much bad is your English. 0_o

I swear I've proved my point 4 times now.

Oh great, another member claiming a thread maker is a butt-hurt fanboy. This is about keeping manga logic straight, which isn't the case here. It is independent of any fanboyism.
but you later on agree so i won baka

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito can't choose what part of his body he sends into the dimension. It happens everytime something unwanted comes in contact with him. If he wants to stay in touch with something while activating kamui, this object will have the same kamui effect as his body. Proven by Madaras Gunbai and his clothes. He can touch foreign objects that are not part of his body and extend the kamui effect to them.

To attack someone, he has to become touchable. This was stated endless times in the manga. Obito was never able to hit someone while another part of his body was attacked and this weakness was used as a strategy against him endless times in the manga.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
but you later on agree so i won baka
Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. I never agreed with you, I agreed that Necro provided me an example similar to the one that occurred this chapter. That does not, however, negate the rules of the Jutsu that Kishi has so many times established in his manga. What it does is provide additional evidence that Kishi has broke the rules of the technique that he has established more than once.

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito never was able to touch someone while being untouchable himself. He couldn't touch fuu with his hand while a kunai was flying trough his head and he couldn't touch naruto while gai or somebody attacked his head. This fact was talked about alot in the manga as a strategy against him.
So no, Obito can't make one part untouchable and one solid.
He never slipped trough something while touching a foreign object that didn't get the kamui effect from him before. He can extend the kamui effect to foreign things like his clothes or objects he touches.
And even in the new manga chapter we don't see him touching madara with his arm while madara goes trough him, only after that.

So, try to prove your point by giviny us a picture of the manga where obito touches something he didn't extend the kamui effect to while slipping trough another object at the same time. There was no such panel.

Last edited:
Reactions: valandil988

6PathsofKami

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good point OP his arm should be also transfered to the Kamui dimension when Madara's hand slipped through his head or whenever Kamui was activated but maybe when he activated Kamui his hand did infact get transferred but he remained connected to Madara via chakra or whatever that flaming thing was around Obito's arm.

It's also comical how most don't even know how Kamui works I would be frustrated trying to explain to everyone again and again Floydical.

Last edited:
Reactions: valandil988

Draxus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
OP you 100% correct on how the technique works. Please ignore these people saying Obito can pick and choose what part of his body gets sent to the other dimension. Once he activates the ability, his entire body is effected and instinctively parts of his body that would be touched are sent to the kumai dimension.

Now to your point... Obito wasn't touching Madara, his hand was in Madara's chest. If Obito body was solid he would blown a hole in Madara's chest.

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Please. I already explained it. When Kamui is active, everything foreign makes the part of his body that is about to touch this foreign object teleport to the kamui dimension. Obito never was able to slip trough a foreign object while touching another one, unless he extended the kamui effect to this object. He wasn't able to hit fuu in the face with his arm while the kunai flew trough his head and he wasn't able to touch naruto.
That should be enough proof that your information is wrong unless you are just trolling.

If you still believe that false fact that obito is able to make one part touchable and one not, try to show us a manga panel where that happened. It was stated unlimited times as a weakness that he can't attack while being untouchable by obitos enemies. And he never did, so I don't get it why you guys insist to believe this wrong information that has more evidences that its wrong than the other way arround while acting like everyone who knows the facts is wrong.

He never attacked someone while being attacked at another part of his body.

Last edited:

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Obito can Phase any part of his body while still using the body parts that are in the real world.

Example:

Someone puches obito in the head, He sends his head back into kamui dimension but can still hit you with his arms or legs as they are still in the real world.

He needs to fully materialize if he wants to absorb you tho.

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito can Phase any part of his body while still using the body parts that are in the real world.

Example:

Someone puches obito in the head, He sends his head back into kamui dimension but can still hit you with his arms or legs as they are still in the real world.

It doesn't matter if his arms are still in the real world. Because they get phased away too when something foreign touches them. Happened more than one time in the manga, read the manga before talking about stuff you guys don't fully understand.
Your assumption is wrong and isn't a part of the manga, its from your imagination.

Last edited:

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It doesn't matter if his arms are still in the real world. Because they get phased away too when something foreign touches them. Happened more than one time in the manga, read the manga before talking about stuff you guys don't fully understand.

Read the manga before posting Next time.

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Would you please read my posts in this thread. Obito does touch things and extend the kamui effect to them, thats the only way he stays in touch with foreign things like his clothes or other persons like sasuke whom he also protected from raikages fast attack by making his body parts also "unsolid".
He can not make one part of his body touch foreign things while making other foreign things go trough other parts of his body, he never did and never was written anywhere that this is how kamui works. Stop with your imagination.

6PathsofKami

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Example:

Oh dear me you have it all wrong

Saroku

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Read the Manga, it was stated unlimited times that he cannot use Kamui and attack things at the same time. He can't touch foreign things while letting foreign things go trough his body, this was never stated, no, its the other way arround. It was considered unlimited times as a strategy point against him, that he can't attack while making things slip trough him because every part of his body will get teleported away if he comes in contact with foreign objects as long he has kamui activated.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito never was able to touch someone while being untouchable himself. He couldn't touch fuu with his hand while a kunai was flying trough his head and he couldn't touch naruto while gai or somebody attacked his head. This fact was talked about alot in the manga as a strategy against him.
So no, Obito can't make one part untouchable and one solid.
He never slipped trough something while touching a foreign object that didn't get the kamui effect from him before. He can extend the kamui effect to foreign things like his clothes or objects he touches.
And even in the new manga chapter we don't see him touching madara with his arm while madara goes trough him, only after that.

So, try to prove your point by giviny us a picture of the manga where obito touches something he didn't extend the kamui effect to while slipping trough another object at the same time. There was no such panel.
I agree with you and thank you for helping explain this more. I, however, find it quite a stretch that one panel of separation is enough to prove that Obito was not touching Madara while he was phasing his assault. I'm not saying its impossible, but I'm saying the manga implies Obito was in constant contact with Madara's stomach while phasing his assault, which shouldn't be possible.

Good point OP his arm should be also transfered to the Kamui dimension when Madara's hand slipped through his head or whenever Kamui was activated but maybe when he activated Kamui his hand did infact get transferred but he remained connected to Madara via chakra or whatever that flaming thing was around Obito's arm.

It's also comical how most don't even know how Kamui works I would be frustrated trying to explain to everyone again and again Floydical.
Could be, and thanks for the support.

Not to add more fuel to the fire but let me add more fuel to the fire..
I don't quite get what you're saying here. Are you saying his lower body was still phased through the ground while touching Torume? If so, you add that to the ambiguous pile.

Wow great, another person who comes in here without reading any of the discussion and confidently gives his false opinion.

You are just re-using manga pages THAT WERE ALREADY COVERED IN THIS THREAD! Only one of them is truly relevant, and it was already discussed that it was abnormal and breaks the rules of the Jutsu. The whole point of this thread is that there is more than one occasion where the rules of the Jutsu were broken. That does not, however, change the fact that the jutsu's rules are set in stone.

I'll say it one more time: if Obito could phase one part of his body while touching someone with another, he would have touched Naruto while avoiding Gai's attack.

Edit: BTW, in regard to the panel against Konan, look at the panel he exclaims, "NOW!". Notice that he grabs Konan at the moment there is a gap in the paper bombs. So you directly prove my point, he had to wait until he was NO LONGER PHASING THROUGH THE PAPER in order to touch her.

Again, thanks for proving my point.

Last edited:

sLm

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I always had understood that Obito makes his whole body intangible, but in the case something goes through him, that part of his body is additionaly sent to Kamui dimension, while the rest of his body stays intangible in the real world.

It's a fact, since he has never been able to grab Naruto while something was going through another part of his body, such as Gai's weapon going through his head, both while he was trying to grab Naruto, and while he was trying to grab Gai afterwards and Gai kicks his weapon through his head again, preventing Obito from grabbing Gai.

Also, in that photo of Obito going through Dotton wall, I always saw it as if Obito had already finished going through the wall, since he has his feet on the floor, so no wonders he was able to attack Kakashi.

And regarding the last manga chapter, I think Obito might have gone through Madara's chest at first, then materialised (because we can see wrinkles in Madara's clothes). But right before Madara tries to grab his rinnegan, Obito goes intangible again, and that's the reason Madara is capable to jump backwards and free himself from Obito's hand. Though it was too late for him, because their chakra was already connected, allowing for Obito to steal his bijous.

Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Narui