Since when can Obito phase while touching someone?

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I looked through the recent threads, and surprisingly did not see one covering this topic. On the first page of the new chapter, we see Obito phasing through Madara's attempt to take the Rinnegan and yet still has his hand jabbed in Madara's stomach:

You must be registered for see images

We have seen, on multiple occasions, Obito attempting to touch someone and failing to do so because he was forced to phase from an outside attack. The prime culprit is Naruto, he tried multiple times to touch and port Naruto during the war, but was forced to phase through him in order to avoid other deadly blows:

Going by this logic, we have to assume that when Obito phases, it makes his entire body ethereal and anything that is touched is automatically phased to the other realm, he doesn't manually displace the individual pieces. Therefore, Obito should not have been able to keep his arm imbedded in Madara's stomach while phasing through his attack, his hand should have been forced to phase out of his stomach. Thoughts, comments, concerns, suggestions?

Reactions: valandil988

Uzumakisan

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe He didn't, on first panel, second line (after Madara's attack and chatting)
Madara is kind of Shocked, like Obito just phased on him again.

Of course he could have jumped back while Obito was phasing.

Tobasco

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm going to guess he simply got better at using the ability. When Naruto and Kakashi found out how to attack him with kakashi in the other dimension, he were only phasing parts of his body.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
maybe when madaras hand phased through his head so did obito's hand while it was inside him we just couldnt tell the difference

Maybe He didn't, on first panel, second line (after Madara's attack and chatting)
Madara is kind of Shocked, like Obito just phased on him again.

Of course he could have jumped back while Obito was phasing.
But his hand is in the same spot as it was before Madara reached for the Rinnegan and the panel before Obito thrust him back, Madara's hand is still phased through his head. The panels are shown too close together to conclusively prove either of your points, especially since no panel with his hand temporarily phasing through his stomach is shown.

Draw

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obito has always been able to slip through partially and solidify another part of his body. All he is doing is make a part of him exist else where he can control whether a piece of him is in the dimension or in the world

thepizzaguy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then his hand logged in madara's chest became ethereal too. Therefore obito phased through madara's chest. However it was kinda spiritualy connected thus obito was able to pull out some bijuu parts.

Uzumakisan

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But his hand is in the same spot as it was before Madara reached for the Rinnegan and the panel before Obito thrust him back, Madara's hand is still phased through his head. The panels are shown too close together to conclusively prove either of your points, especially since no panel with his hand temporarily phasing through his stomach is shown.
It's on same spot cause Madara didn't move back before Obito getting solid again.

So by "missing information" it's better to prove the wrong way than the correct one?

Draw

Veteran
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also. Think of it like this. When kakashi punched obito in the stomach in the dimension, obito has sent his stomach to the other dimension only. The rest of him was in the living world. Then naruto moved his attack to overlap his entire upper half and forced obito to send his upper half to the dimension. If his whole body was there he could dodged kakashis punches

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To bad i didn't read manga

only the part to get touched is going to the other dimension
Obito has always been able to slip through partially and solidify another part of his body. All he is doing is make a part of him exist else where he can control whether a piece of him is in the dimension or in the world
Did neither of you read my OP and see the second image? When Obito attempted to touch Naruto, he was FORCED to phase his hand out at the moment of contact because he was FORCED to phase his head out in order to avoid Gai's attack. This means to avoid any attack at all, he has to phase out his ENTIRE BODY. Now its not that he has phased his entire body to the other realm, but he has made his entire body ethereal (un-attackable) and therefore any piece of his body that is displaced by said attack automatically gets transferred to the other realm.

I don't see how you can interpret it any other way. Obito cannot phase one part of his body while keeping another part un-phased for attack.

DeMaggio

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is obvious. If he wants to teleport someone with Kamui he needs to be completely solid and have nothing passing through him. Obito was not teleporting Madara with Kamui he was just avoiding his hand by sending his head to cube world. He only needs to be solid when teleporting people, not when he's just avoiding attacks. That's when he can pick parts of his body... this has been addressed multiple times and people are still confused.

Reactions: uchiha28

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Did neither of you read my OP and see the second image? When Obito attempted to touch Naruto, he was FORCED to phase his hand out at the moment of contact because he was FORCED to phase his head out in order to avoid Gai's attack. This means to avoid any attack at all, he has to phase out his ENTIRE BODY. Now its not that he has phased his entire body to the other realm, but he has made his entire body ethereal (un-attackable) and therefore any piece of his body that is displaced by said attack automatically gets transferred to the other realm.

I don't see how you can interpret it any other way. Obito cannot phase one part of his body while keeping another part un-phased for attack.

Bad for you latest manga showed and the scan i show sad day for u much denial

valandil988

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Listen your right but your trying to reason with morons....you won't get a feeling of accomplishment out of them lol.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is obvious. If he wants to teleport someone with Kamui he needs to be completely solid and have nothing passing through him. Obito was not teleporting Madara with Kamui he was just avoiding his hand by sending his head to cube world. He only needs to be solid when teleporting people, not when he's just avoiding attacks. That's when he can pick parts of his body... this has been addressed multiple times and people are still confused.
This again? He's not picking particular parts to send to the 'Cube World', if he was, he would be able to touch Naruto while avoiding Gai's attack:

Fail logic is fail. By this manga page alone, we can assume that when he phases, he is forced to make his entire body ETHEREAL and any body part that makes contact with another is automatically phased to his 'cube world'. He's not manually evacuating those parts of his body, it happens AUTOMATICALLY while he's making himself ethereal.

valandil988

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This again? He's not picking particular parts to send to the 'Cube World', if he was, he would be able to touch Naruto while avoiding Gai's attack:

Fail logic is fail. By this manga page alone, we can assume that when he phases, he is forced to make his entire body ETHEREAL and any body part that makes contact with another is automatically phased to his 'cube world'. He's not manually evacuating those parts of his body, it happens AUTOMATICALLY while he's making himself ethereal.
I noticed it too, its not your fault you have an audience of humans with acorn sized brains.

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Manga says otherwise and showed in the last chap butthurt you're lmao he may was just noT taking any risk

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bad for you latest manga showed and the scan i show sad day for u much denial
Very much bad is your English. 0_o

Listen your right but your trying to reason with morons....you won't get a feeling of accomplishment out of them lol.
I swear I've proved my point 4 times now.

Manga says otherwise and showed in the last chap butthurt you're lmao he may was just noT taking any risk
Oh great, another member claiming a thread maker is a butt-hurt fanboy. This is about keeping manga logic straight, which isn't the case here. It is independent of any fanboyism.