Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Holy dog*hit... Why didn't she bought a gun????
But it's not really the cruelest thing I saw.. In my country there was vid made by teenagers who dropped brick on other teenagers head and laugh afterwards... I believe they are all in jail now.. still..
yet if I would see this kind of thing happening near me I would definitely step in and this is what everybody should do.. that's the only way to stop this shit from going on..

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And after they got fired what should they do then? Without a paycheck and all its gonna be tough finding a job especially after you just been fired. Jobs don't hire you on bravery. They hire people who can follow proper protocol and not a liability to their company.
They would be youtube stars and heroes.
LOL. :|

Sharpism

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Cut the bullshit. You and I both know you wouldn't put your life in danger. Had they shot your ass you wouldn't have died a hero. And life would move on. As I said before yes morally everyone wants to do something whether they are brave or not. But its their job to Observe and report and thats all.
Lol no. Because where I'm from, people don't readily have guns, specially 15 year old teenagers. ;] Yet again there is THREE of them 5 meters away from each other they should get fired because they weren't doing their job efficiently. [3 people "observing" + a security camera]

I have absolutely no bullshit to cut. It doesn't hurt anyone to step in front of a kick. It's called bullying specially when the person is incapable of fighting back. Generally a 15 year old with access to guns [talking about gangs,] wouldn't go to school and that situation wouldn't be there in the first place.

Its not about being a hero at all. It's about stopping a child from getting her face kicked in. If it were me in her situation and I got my face stomped with THREE people that are there for SECURITY reasons I'd be pissed, you'd be pissed, EVERYONE in this world would be pissed. It takes ONE person to change something like that. If I got shot so be it. At least I know I'd be helping some defenseless person.

Just because your job contract specifies your ONLY to do something, if you PERSONALLY think it's OK or PROPER to do something different you will. For example. You work at subway, someone is being chased and came into the store and your policy STATES you CANNOT let the public use the phone and YOU cannot use the phone for personal reasons, would you still call 911 for the protection of that person or let that person make a phone call?

I would. Why? Because I'd expect the same if I was that person in the same situation.

Sharpism

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And after they got fired what should they do then? Without a paycheck and all its gonna be tough finding a job especially after you just been fired. Jobs don't hire you on bravery. They hire people who can follow proper protocol and not a liability to their company.
As I said STEPPING in front of a kick is MUCH different then punching the assaulter or kicking the assaulter back.

If you do an act of bravery and it's on TV it can open up a LOT of options. You can get into law enforcement, you can get awards in which publicity will come your way. They're security guards their pay isn't that great, this could have POSSIBLY opened up other job opportunities.

Hand Banana

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lol no. Because where I'm from, people don't readily have guns, specially 15 year old teenagers. ;] Yet again there is THREE of them 5 meters away from each other they should get fired because they weren't doing their job efficiently. [3 people "observing" + a security camera]

I have absolutely no bullshit to cut. It doesn't hurt anyone to step in front of a kick. It's called bullying specially when the person is incapable of fighting back. Generally a 15 year old with access to guns [talking about gangs,] wouldn't go to school and that situation wouldn't be there in the first place.

Its not about being a hero at all. It's about stopping a child from getting her face kicked in. If it were me in her situation and I got my face stomped with THREE people that are there for SECURITY reasons I'd be pissed, you'd be pissed, EVERYONE in this world would be pissed. It takes ONE person to change something like that. If I got shot so be it. At least I know I'd be helping some defenseless person.

Just because your job contract specifies your ONLY to do something, if you PERSONALLY think it's OK or PROPER to do something different you will. For example. You work at subway, someone is being chased and came into the store and your policy STATES you CANNOT let the public use the phone and YOU cannot use the phone for personal reasons, would you still call 911 for the protection of that person or let that person make a phone call?

I would. Why? Because I'd expect the same if I was that person in the same situation.
That was a terrible analogy. But let me add to that. Say while getting ready make that decision you're in an economy where jobs are scare. And lets add that you are the only bread provider. Would you choose to put your job at risk ant not be able to support your family? Or would you try and play the role of a hero?

Also lets add some variables similar to the guards since you're missing the point. lets also say by you letting ppl use the phone, you personally can't get sued but your company can for not using minutes that allocated specifically for the job use only. And your contract states if you use minutes or allow an outside source use minutes you're immediately terminated. Would you still do it? Thank about your family. You put a stranger over your family. Could you really do it?

Hand Banana

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As I said STEPPING in front of a kick is MUCH different then punching the assaulter or kicking the assaulter back.

If you do an act of bravery and it's on TV it can open up a LOT of options. You can get into law enforcement, you can get awards in which publicity will come your way. They're security guards their pay isn't that great, this could have POSSIBLY opened up other job opportunities.
Do you understand that many places aren't hiring including law enforcements? Guys this isn't the world of Naruto people in terms of just heroics. As an adult you are faced with circumstances you have no control of. Yes its easy to think with emotions. As I said I would have wanted to stop them. But if I got a family to care for regardless if someone does this to my daughter. I have to look out for them first.

Sharpism

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lmfao Dude I live in a real world. I pay bills, I have a job and responsibility. I don't know the situations of these people and I know where your points are coming from. But put yourself in the girls situation she DELIBERATELY stood by security guards for a reason.

If they ARE labeled with security they should provide just that, correct?

I'm not missing any point, they can get sued for assault if they attack the attacker, I'm not saying attack the attacker I'm saying move in front. He "waved them off" saying "that's enough" why wouldn't you just step in front so they don't continue kicking.

Not much danger can come from a 15 year old person. Idc what you say. If they pull out a gun, you're still being a GOOD citizen for stopping someone from getting mauled and then beaten. People put WAY too much emphasis on "we're in harsh times!" Lmfao the whole world is ALWAYS in "harsh times" so you're saying at ANY other TIME in this world they would have stepped in front? 4 of the 5 teens have been arrested and placed charges already, now imagine how much quicker all this would have been if they pulled a gun out and shot someone.

If I got shot and put 4 out of 5 "bad" people in jail for 20 years that COULD potentially save my future children from dealing with this sorts of shit. If you REALLY look you can find a job. It might be cleaning toilets at the local mall, but you still stopped someone from potentially dieing and that in itself is priceless. [Unless you are inhumane and can put a price on a 15 year old girls life.]
Imagine if he didn't wave the other girl off imagine how much shit would have happened then? He did have SOME decency to EVENTUALLY step in and say "ok that's enough" however for our society that isn't enough, if your title has security it means to protect and you should be expected to do so REGARDLESS of what some piece of paper says.

I stepped into a fight before and got ganged up on too. Was it worth it? At first no. But after yes. I made a friend and I later found out that if he got more a few more serious concussions he could have died from internal bleeding in the brain. I could have potentially saved his life that day and for that I don't need any external appreciation. I don't need publicity or thanks for something that made ME feel good about what I did.

Its the mentality of "if I do that then this happens..." that people have to realize that it's bullshit. IF you're scared to make a change then you're the 'wuss' you are the one who doesn't understand.

Yes they could have potentially lost their job for assaulting the assaulter back. However there are laws that work around that, there are other legalities that PROTECT YOU WHEN YOU HELP PEOPLE WHO CANNOT HELP THEMSELVES. On top of that, I never said ASSAULT the person back I said step in front, chances are the other people are young, and don't have a gun because they just came from school, you know the chances are they don't have a gun because the security has been raised in schools since there have been a lot of school shootings in our history.

They're doing their jobs yes, morally I, if in that position would have a HUGE conflict and I regardless of the repercussions would have done something.

Telling me to cut the bullshit is a joke. I am a citizen, I expect others to help me and for me to expect that of others they should expect the same from me, possibly that is the difference between Canadians and Americans. :] Because I can almost garrenty that in ANY other country ONE of the THREE "Security" guards there would have done something, and if not them the other civilians standing around would have.

Sharpism

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know what you're right. Just finish being an e-Thug. You'll save everyone just like you do outside the forums.
Nice comeback. Way to insult rather then discuss!

There is 30,000 people and counting on these forums, out of 30,000 people EVERY SINGLE ONE has to be some fat kid with glasses and a wuss right?
Great generalizing and stereotyping forum posters. :]

Last edited:

Hand Banana

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

There is 30,000 people and counting on these forums, out of 30,000 people EVERY SINGLE ONE has to be some fat kid with glasses and a wuss right?
There is no more to discuss. You obviously don't know what the contract states for them to do in a situation so you responded incorrectly with emotions.

So regardless if you're fat, live in a basement, or whatever forum stereotype you want to put yourself under. You're lying when you would have said you would of stopped them. So again go put on your imaginary leotards and cape. Dub yourself Captain Save-a-hoe, and pretend to be a superhero.

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

400 barely come online every day.
Stop being such a Hero.

Sharpism

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There isn't anything more to discuss because I gave you a huge theory statement to read and just because a contract states something doesn't mean it should conflict with your own morals, if this were true then humanity is becoming sheep and slaves to corporate businesses and that's a disgusting society to live in.

Flaw, seriously please post something that builds the thread and not slants a topic by bringing unnecessary flaming and hatred into the thread. Even out of 400 people EVERY single one HAS to be a wuss right? [According to what was said.]

Hand Banana

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ironically the girl who got beat up attacked other people before hand. LMAO talk about karma. Heres to the superheroes who claimed they would of saved her.

Teen beaten in tunnel accused in two attacks

The 15-year-old girl who was beaten in Seattle's bus tunnel last month was accused of attacking two people last year, including a security guard.
By Jennifer Sullivan
Seattle Times staff reporter

Tamie Cox, of Shoreline, says she was disturbed when she saw the now-infamous videotape of 15-year-old Aiesha Steward-Baker being kicked, punched and robbed in Seattle's bus tunnel.

Cox was herself the victim of an assault and robbery on May 23, when she was attacked on an Edmonds street by two girls.

One of the girls arrested and charged in the assault was Steward-Baker.
"The video of the [transit tunnel] beating is awful, but once I saw her on 'Good Morning America' it made me sick to think that she has the nerve to play the victim when a few months back she was doing that to somebody else, and that somebody else was me," said Cox, 50, an accountant at a law office.

The beating of Steward-Baker on Jan. 28, which occurred as transit security guards stood by and watched, has sparked a national outcry and prompted King County Metro and local law-enforcement agencies to revamp security in the Downtown Seattle Transit Tunnel. The teen also has accused Seattle police officers of failing to heed her requests for help in the hour leading up to the assault; she had claimed she was being threatened by the group of young people accused of robbing and beating her.

Four people have been charged in connection with the attack on Steward-Baker, including a 15-year-old girl.

Steward-Baker's Seattle lawyer, James Bible, said last week that he expects to file suit in connection with the transit-tunnel incident and is reviewing potential defendants, including King County, Seattle police, King County Metro and Olympic Security Services, the private security firm that contracts with Metro.

2 assault cases
While the images of Steward-Baker being kicked while she is on the ground are clearly troubling, prosecutors in two counties say she has been on the other end of assaults twice in the past year.

In addition to the alleged assault on Cox ? in which Steward-Baker is expected to plead guilty in Snohomish County Juvenile Court on Monday ? she also has been convicted of attacking a security guard at a Seattle market.
Bible, who is also head of the Seattle chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, did not return calls for comment Wednesday.

Cox said she was walking home from an Edmonds pub shortly after midnight on May 23 when two "nicely dressed and polite girls" stopped and asked her for the time. When Cox pulled out her cellphone to check, the girls jumped her. One put Cox in a head lock and yanked at her hair while the second girl punched her in the face and chest and grabbed her purse.

Within seconds, Cox said, the girls and two boys who stood nearby were gone. Determined not to be a victim, Cox ran after them.

"I was so mad," Cox recalled. "I have a 17-year-old son myself. When I see kids doing something they're not supposed to, I don't hesitate to direct them. They needed to be in trouble."

When the four teens ran down a dark alley, Cox stopped in her tracks and began to worry for her safety.

Cox said she then ran toward Highway 99, where she saw the lights of a police car. Cox told the Edmonds officer what happened and he replied that an eyewitness had already called 911. Another group of officers already had suspects in custody.

Cox identified the girls who attacked her. She also spotted her purse, which was sitting on the hood of a squad car.

While Cox wasn't hospitalized, she said that the fight left her with a sore neck, a bruised lip and chest and clumps of missing hair.
According to charging papers, Steward-Baker told police that she struck Cox, stole her purse and then dumped the bag in some shrubs.

Steward-Baker's public defender, Frederic Moll, said Wednesday that the girl plans to plead guilty to second-degree robbery Monday. However, he plans to seek a significantly reduced sentence because the teen suffers from an "abnormal" heart condition that can result in her death if she's under too much stress or becomes short of breath, according to plea paperwork.
The teen also suffers from anxiety attacks, the paperwork said.
While Moll plans to request a 30-day sentence for his client, Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutor John Stansell believes the teen should serve a standard-range sentence, which is 15 to 36 weeks in a juvenile facility. The second teenage girl who participated in the attack pleaded guilty in June to second-degree robbery and was sentenced to between 15 and 36 weeks in jail, Stansell said.

Stansell said he considered Steward-Baker's previous arrest in Seattle in his decision to seek the standard sentencing range.

In September, Steward-Baker was given a deferred sentence in King County Juvenile Court after she pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree robbery for attacking a security guard at Saar's Market Place, 9000 Rainier Ave. S., on Jan. 26, 2009, court charging papers said. Steward-Baker punched the man in the head after he stopped her friend for shoplifting an energy drink and a bag of chips.

Probation and curfew
In exchange for her guilty plea, Steward-Baker was ordered to serve four months of probation and a year of community service, attend counseling, have a nightly curfew and refrain from using drugs and alcohol or possessing weapons, court papers said. The time of the curfew wasn't immediately clear.
The Seattle Times generally does not name juveniles accused of crimes, but in recent days Steward-Baker has appeared in a news conference called by her attorney and appeared Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America." During her television appearance she recounted the transit-tunnel attack and the events leading up to it.

Four people were arrested in the attack: the 15-year-old alleged assailant (who is not being named because she has been charged in juvenile court); Latroy Hayman, 20; Tyrone Watson, 18; and Dominique Whitaker, 18.
The King County Sheriff's Office announced Wednesday that it is searching for a fifth person in connection with the transit-tunnel attack. The Sheriff's Office has identified a 17-year-old man named Quashawn Monroe as the fifth suspect in the beating. Monroe is also known by his nickname "Savage." The Times is naming Monroe because The Sheriff's Office considers him armed and dangerous.

"I don't feel good about what happened to her, but I'm not surprised," Cox said about the attack on Steward-Baker. "But there is karma. If you dabble in bad things, then bad things are going to come back to you. She is definitely not an angel."

Jennifer Sullivan: 206-464-8294 or [email protected]
Seattle Times news researcher Miyoko Wolf contributed to this report, which includes information from Times archives

Retro

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well evryone is giong to hate me after this, so lets get over with it.
Smack my Bitch up.

That really was the first thing i thought when i saw this.

But Seatle is really a sucky place. when that happens.

Over here you get treaten of beaten up if you are a Doctor or Ambulance worker.