[Rasnall Wood Release Training] 木遁, Mokuton with the Master.

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Sits on the highest branch of an oak tree that stands at the centre of a huge open field.*

You must be registered for see images

No one but myself and Sensei to post here unless asked.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello, Rasnall. I am quite honored that you would deem me a master, but I no longer have a Wood bio and Scary Yamato is but the sage of Wood and my sensei too. He deserves that title rather than me.

Nonetheless, may I ever so humbly know, why you wanted to learn Wood? What do you see in it that so fascinates you?

(Did you learn any Jutsus yet?)

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I did ask SY...who said he would...but after a month of linking him I think he may be to busy, or he hates me :( lol

But it is an honour you would have me as a student.

Mokuton is an elemental favourite of mine. Suiton is my specialty and I see the same versatility and power in Mokuton in Suiton. Just the way it flows and fills the space. Also how it has the same "creative" quality as Suiton. I have nothing in this element.

Last edited:

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Naw, SY has a family and a job, so he's quite busy these days. :p
And no, the pleasure is mine. I feel terrible for forgetting this thread. @_@ I think I was linked several threads that day and then completely forgot to subscribe to yours'. >.<

You are correct about Mokuton. ^_^ It is indeed one of the most creative elements ever. I always enjoy telling people that creativity is the most important - it is not the jutsu that makes it OP, heh, it is the user! The limit is nothing but your own imagination!

So, onto the practicalities for now. What might be the strengths and weaknesses of Wood and how might you utilize these?

And also, may I inquire, where was SY at in the training or did he never start it?

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh don't get me wrong I am not annoyed or anything. But maybe I would have proffered him to say no lol maybe he is to nice for his own good haha.

Well from the top of my head;

Mokuton would have an elemental weakness to Katon and Raiton. Katon I believe can burn wood if strong enough and Raitons cutting abilities would slice right through it. Also a few KG may have a "one up" on Mokuton such as Ice, Lava and Dust.

Mokuton would have the advantage against Suiton the same as Doton does, it can obstruct, channel and even re-direct its energy by taking advantage of its fluid state. Mokuton would (I feel) have an advantage over the Doton, as it can be used as a catalist for the Mokuton element and greatly work again an opponent.

Also as you mentioned, in our RP the Mokuton element is the most versatile and creative after Suiton. This grants the user with unlimited (power..haha had to) options to counter, defend and attack!

Btw this was all done from the top of my head and me sat downstairs while my wife watches Xfactor...so if it has made me stupid please forgive lol

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Heh, well, for some weird reason, most senseis are "too busy" to even take 10 seconds to politely reply to an inquiry. >.> <.< >.>

LOL, no worries, excellent reply on everything but the fact that Wood is actually not weak to fire.

Actually, I was just about to go off that factor.
Say, you tossed an explosive tag onto a Wooden pillar and detonated it, then sent that pillar towards your opponent.
How might this empower your move?

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was a bit unsure about the Katon weakness so thats for clarifying.

I would say....

As the dislodged pillar of wood is sent towards my opponent I could use that as a "bridge" to build further a attack or defense etc. I could change that pillar into a cage or a torrent of spikes perhaps?

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would imagine a large amount of shrapnal would be sent flying in all directions. Splinters and shards of wood would be very damaging in short range.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
LOL, yes!
So, basically, if you explode an explosive tag on the Wood, it would catch Fire, and basically, strengthen your move - much like when you create a forest and then set everything around you on fire.

Anyways, Wood is boundless. Your only limit of using Wood is your own imagination. Heck, it's like so many customs in one, if you want to put it this way.
You can create up to 100 pillars if you like, ride them like a wave, etc. Actually...I'll go over some of my personal tactics later.
Let's start simple.
Proceed to do anything you want with Wood.
Be creative.

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sorry lol....but my answer's were correct. haha ^_^

*Yamato forms the needed handseals and forms a huge rampent to rise up under him taking him high into the air. Once at the top of the rampant Yamato moves to the edge and takes a step off, as he does a branch of wood emerges from the side of the rampent allowing yamato to stand on it. He then quickly dashes diagonally down the side of the rampent, branches of wood coming out of the rampent like steps as he moves forward and retreating from where he has come from, this allows him to run down the side swiftly from step to step. As he reaches the half way, Yamato forms a thin pole of wood that he jumps forward to catch. In one fluid motion he uses his momentum to swing on the pole to fly forward free falling to the ground now. As he is about to reach the ground, he forms a tunnel of wood to rise up from the ground (twice his size) that he falls into. This tunnel then bends to the right and carrys Yamato's momentum with it like a slide shooting him out the end. He slides across the ground coming to a halt*

Like this?

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*claps at the brilliant performance!* Excellent, excellent! I could see that happening with the imagery! ^_^ It's like a mini playground that you created. LOL.
(Mokuton: Moku no Goku Rendan) - Wood Release: Wood Pole Combo
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user creates a thin pole of wood from either the ground or himself. The pole itself can be used as a hand to hand weapon to strike opponents or as a support tool.
Anyways, grow four kunais in your hands and target my clone with them. Treat them like a regular kunai in fact.

Actually going to derive into Ninjutsu a bit here. In what ways can someone use a kunai?

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Yamato holds his right hand out infront of him with his palm facing the sky. He focuses in his minds eye, the image of a kunai and begins to form one of wood in his hand. Taking note of the position of all of the clones, Rasnall quickly throws the wood kunai in his hand at the first clone while forming three move and throwing them, sweeping from left to right.*
Kunai's are a useful ninja tool. Most proporties resemble the knife (sharp, small, tipped) but has been created with a much greater aerodynamic design, which allows them to be thrown as projectiles with great accuracy and power. They can have other elements added to them to increase their speed, power etc but wood kunai's could be set on fire for added effort.

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excellent, and speaking aerodynamic designs, Shurikens are more suited for that, actually.

So, one more important thing about kunais.
What kinds of things can you attach to the top of it, the hole that has been provided?
Finally, if you were locked in close combat with your opponent and you had a kunai, where would you strike for instant death?

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh ye of course :sy: You can attach explovise tags! BOOM haha

If I was using a Kunai in CQC the neck or spine would be the vital spot.

Last edited:

Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anything else besides explosive tags? O_O
And good, good, vital spots for instant deaths.
Try slipping a kunai in between the ribs for the heart too.

Rasnall

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Erm...well I guess you add different types of tags, ones that uses smoke, poison etc

You can also channel an element into it to increase it's power and speed. Raiton is usually the best choice as it will cover the kunai, but Futon can greatly increase these things also.