Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Arrives on the training ground*

Well hello there~ I believe we are here as for you to learn about ability of paper ninjutsu. Let's start off with the basics, what do you know about this ability?

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I know so far about paper ninjutsu is
+ its the art of using various paper forms such as paper plane, paper shuriken and different types of paper folds that I can't recall their name right now to do battle, by battle I mean to using the paper to damage, maim or disable. A unique feature of paper ninjutsu that I note is that it rarely make use of hand seals or gestures thus making it hard for the opponent to deduce what the user will do next, another feature is that the control of the paper is limitless, the paper can bend to the will and thoughts of the user
+ the system behind the paper control isn't well defined to my best of knowledge, according to naruto wiki it simply state that its the infusing of the user's chakra onto the paper but it doesn't explain how the user can change themselves into paper as well.
+ this form if ninjutsu is weak to water and oil based technique, the effect is that the paper become heavy and harder to control. An added advantage to this technique is that the paper is not weak to fire jutsu and almost on par with lightning release.
+ there is only one known user of this technique and that's konan of the akatsuki
This is the depth of knowledge I have on paper ninjutsu, hope it is enough?

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I know so far about paper ninjutsu is
+ its the art of using various paper forms such as paper plane, paper shuriken and different types of paper folds that I can't recall their name right now to do battle, by battle I mean to using the paper to damage, maim or disable. A unique feature of paper ninjutsu that I note is that it rarely make use of hand seals or gestures thus making it hard for the opponent to deduce what the user will do next, another feature is that the control of the paper is limitless, the paper can bend to the will and thoughts of the user
+ the system behind the paper control isn't well defined to my best of knowledge, according to naruto wiki it simply state that its the infusing of the user's chakra onto the paper but it doesn't explain how the user can change themselves into paper as well.
+ there is only one known user of this technique and that's konan of the akatsuki
This is the depth of knowledge I have on paper ninjutsu, hope it is enough?
Paper ninjutsu is style of fighting that was only seen using by Konan and that was originally made by her. Paper ninjutsu works in such a way that you infuse your chakra into paper sheets and then use them to your advantage. By infusing chakra into paper you can control that little paper how you like, in a very creative yet deadly way. Even though using paper as a fighting weapon sounds very foolish at first and doesn't look so intimidating, it is very durable to many things that may be declared as its weaknesses. This type of ninjutsu allows user to even convert their whole or parts of bodies into paper itself making user non vulnerable to any type of taijutsu attacks because any kind of physical attack will just go trough body of user. Another great thing is that the rapidness,speed as well as strength of paper that are caused by excellent control of it represent a great defense from fairly strong Fire techniques making paper neutral to fire. User of paper ninjutsu is able to make paper so sharp that it is able to cut through rocks making it also neutral to Earth Release. Paper ninjutsu is strong against Lighting Release because lighting can't be infused into paper which means that paper is a great insulator. Paper ninjutsu techniques,like every existing techniques,have weaknesses. One of them are liquid-based techniques, like Water Release and techniques based on oil,because they make paper heavier,wetter and unable to control. Although this is weakness of paper ninjutsu,in manga as well as anime we saw Konan using it to her advantage. She purposely made her paper to soak water and in that way used wet paper to help her defend from fire although in our RP Paper ninjutsu is neutral to Fire Release. One more thing that we saw in manga is that Konan used water to wash the oil off of her. That happened when Jiraiya used oil based technique on her completely stopping her movement. In that situation water helped her to wash the oil off of her,allowing her to move freely again. One more weakness of Paper Ninjutsu techniques is Wind Release because wind is able to cut right trough paper. One more advantage of paper and why it is so good is that you are able to use explosive tags instead of paper,which are going to explode when they come in contact with opponent causing serious damage. In the manga we saw Konan greatly using this ability to stun her opponents. She would mix explosive tags with her clones to make them rush towards her opponents and surprise them. Also we saw her combining it so well that she was able to stop Obito from transporting himself and even making such a strong shinobi as Obito to lose one of his hands and almost his life.

+ this form if ninjutsu is weak to water and oil based technique, the effect is that the paper become heavy and harder to control. An added advantage to this technique is that the paper is not weak to fire jutsu and almost on par with lightning release.
You are correct for the most part when it comes to weaknesses and strengths of paper ninjutsu however ;

✘ Paper ninjutsu techniques are neutral to Fire as well as Earth release techniques.
✘ Paper ninjutsu techniques are stronger than Lighting release techniques [2x] because paper is a great insulator.
✘ Paper ninjutsu techniques are weak against Water release techniques because water makes paper wet,heavier and harder to control.
✘ Paper ninjutsu techniques are weak against Wind release techniques because wind can easily cut trough paper.

Any questions?

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, just two questions;

+ can magnetism release affect the paper? Explanation: a magnetic user can make anything they come in contact with to gain a magnetic property, will this happen to the papers ?

+ when a paper is shredded with wind release, can the paper still be used or is it considered lost? I ask this question because in a scene were am able to get my opponent in a web of papers then he cuts the papers into pieces with wind wave or slash, to me all my opponent did was multiple the amount of papers I have though reducing their sizes and making them less effective

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No I think at least that it shouldn't happen to paper o_o' I am not quite certain how paper would gain properties of magnet once it comes in contact with it. Keep in mind that magnetism is actually weak to paper.

It is considered lost. The chakra within the paper sheets has been negated by the wind and paper shouldn't be able to be controled afterwards. You can't just reduce the size of paper sheet and make them less effective. That means that pretty much none could defend from paper as you could constantly re-use it in that case? I mean at least I look at it that way.

Any other questions?

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lovely, let's get going onto actual techniques of Paper Ninjutsu! Right so, why not try controling the paper sheet by just infusing your chakra within them? Let's say, try making a shuriken from it, or few. As per your wishes. Upon their formation try and send them forth towards those dummies over there!

*points at the dummies in our close vicinity*

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Alright...
I start off by picking up a set(five precisely) of square shaped paper from the table by the corner then I mold my natural chakra and transfer it unto the papers, I use my chakra to take control over the papers.
Now to work; been familiar with a ninja shuriken i take my knowledge of it and attempt to use it on the papers, starting with one side of the paper I make it curve inward till the edge look similar to that of a shuriken with my chakra, I repeat the process with the other three sides of the paper, success! The paper resemble a shuriken.
I proceed to do the same with the other four papers, shape manipulating them to take the shape of an actual shuriken then I turn my attention to the dummy and release each paper shuriken to hit the dummy on the body.

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lovely! LOVELY! Now next thing I want you to do is actually try and form few animals out of paper sheets. Firstly try making an animal which is rather small in size, domestic cat size or such. Then try making a ''little'' bit of a bigger animal, like Lion and then try making an elephant sized animal! :3

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Ok it seems am getting the hang of it.
Again I infuse my chakra into some well cut papers then I imagine first a small creature of simple structure; a butterfly came to my mind.
" Cool a butterfly should be easy all I need was its wings for flight ".
Using my chakra I manipulate a single piece of paper to re-shape from its square shape into something similar to a butterfly then I bend the wings to look like it had curvature at the mid point of its sides so to allow the wings to flap then focusing on the upper section of the formed paper butterfly, I control them to expand and extend upward. With this I have made a butterfly with flight; I control the butterfly to flap its ways and rest on your right shoulder.
Next, I pull out more paper than former
" am gonna be making something bigger I am going to need more paper "
A snake was my option, first I infuse the paper with my chakra then I control the pack of papers to come together and form a tube-like structure with a considerable length similar to that of a matured snake. I focus on the base of the structure, I make it into a tail then turn my attention to the head and try to put in eyes and a gaping mouth so it closely remember the real thing, with that done I have completely made a paper snake. I make the snake crawl along the ground mimicking a real snake.
Lastly, "an elephant is it? Am gonna need a textbook for this one"
Simply swinging my right hand I produce a large mass of paper in the air, the papers will already be infused with my chakra so am in control. Using my manipulation skill, I gradually gain control all of the paper, I knew these required a lot of focus so I tried to prevent any distraction, I control all the papers to come together and assume a structure/shape of an elephant, that is the trunk, floppy ears, legs, puny tail and mass body. I continue to combine the paper as well as adjust their positions until I was satisfied that the paper structure resembled an elephant in the best way possible.
"Yahoo... Am done"

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually quite a good job when it comes to performance to be honest. I am quite surprised and happy with what I see! These two techniques are the ones you performed in past two posts. Although in the first one you can not see the sizes of the animals created with them I talked to Scorps when it comes to it. Now, although we did went through performance when it comes to them I need to see your opinion on them? Their usage? Anything you find interesting, etcetc...

(Origami No Jutsu) - Paper Folding Technique
Type:Supplementary
Range:Short
Chakra Cost:10
Damage Points:N/A
Description:After using body of paper jutsu the user can turn those sheets of paper into animals.
Note:If the animal is small chakra cost= - 10(can create 15 animals), if medium chakra cost= - 15(can create 10 animals), and if large chakra cost = 20(can create 5 animals)

(Kami Shuriken Jutsu) - Paper Shuriken Technique
Type:attack
Chakra Cost:10
Damage Points:20
Description:The user creates shuriken out of paper what is capable of cutting far better then normal shuriken since there chakra infused.This jutsu creates three shuriken.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I see.
My opinions on the first one is that it is versatile, I can use the 5 - 15 animals to block the opponent's sight, to cover up a trap and maybe to scare off a weak opponent, also if I use it right I can attack the opponent from all direction at once, but what bothers me is the damage of the paper animals was not stated though I assume the paper animals can be turned into paper bomb which can deliver enough damage to defeat the opponent or target.
On the second one; well not much that hasn't already being stated in the jutsu description and basic application of projectile weapons, nothing new <_<

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unless it states in description that you can mix it up with explosive tags you can't really do such as per my knowledge. Yeah, I've got to admit that the first technique is quite weird. It doesn't state damage due to its original use being the one of a supplementary type. Thus why I would, due to its description, state that it doesn't really make much damage unless well animals are used as to free-form offense which would be equivalent to the damage a normal person uses whilst free-forming taijutsu movements.
Yesh. Second one is a pretty basic technique. Useful from time to time but overall pretty blunt!

The next as well as the last technique which belongs to the D ranks of Paper ninjutsu is a substitution technique. It lets user disperse into a spinning column of paper sheets and appear anywhere else on the battlefield. Because this is a substitution technique, you are only able to use it only once per match.

(Kami Kawarimi no Jutsu) - Paper Substitution Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Long
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: N/A
Description: Konan will disperse into a spinning coloumn of paper sheets in which distract her target as she makes a escape.

Analyze it to me! What do you think about it? etcetc... Whatever comes to your mind to be honest.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Being honest, my thoughts were "what's the use of it" I mean once usable per battle? that totally take the fun out of the invisibility the technique is suppose to make your character have and also it forces me to consider this technique as a last resort jutsu.
Well that posted *_*, analyzing the technique; I appreciate its range, regardless of the opponent's attack(be it F rank or less) as long as there is a chance of safe landing, the user can escape and survive another round of the battle.
Another is how it doesn't require hand seals to perform, such it is almost instantaneous, making it unexpected. Then lastly, aside from using it to escape or distract the opponent as stated in the description, due to konan dispersing into column of papers, it ensure no harm can come to her while she is in this state...

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice job! Let's get going onto next technique! Do the analyzes from now on for each technique unless I say otherwise^^

Next one is one of the most usable Paper Ninjutsu techniques. It allows the user to, by infusing chakra into paper sheets, shape a complete replica of herself that is controllable at all times. Clone itself is able to use Paper Ninjutsu techniques. Usable thing about this clone is that once it is hit, it will just collapse into sheets of paper which will then give you opportunity to use other Paper Ninjutsu techniques similar to Paper Stab Technique (we are going to learn it in future). One more thing that is important to be mentioned is that you are able to mix explosive tags with normal paper and send your clone running towards the opponent. Once the clone gets in contact with opponent or is hit, it will create an explosion which, depending on where explosion is made, can make serious damage upon your target.

(Kami Bunshin no Jutsu) - Paper Clone Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: This jutsu takes advantage of Konan's ability to create and manipulate paper. By infusing her chakra into paper, she can shape the paper into a perfect replica of herself that she can control remotely. When the clone is hit or disperses, it merely collapses back into sheets of paper. Konan can conceal exploding tags in the paper clones as well and have them explode infront of the target. These clones can only use Paper techniques.
Note: Can only be used by Konan

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I actually prefer that.

Alright,
1. Like the last technique, this technique does not require hand seals but however konan has to immerse the paper with her chakra beforehand for this technique to work, and since the paper is going to form a replica of her (her clothing and all) then I imagine that's going to be a lot of paper used thus performing the technique is not as fast as an actual ninjutsu clone technique from my understanding.
2. I don't get why the technique has a defined damage point but am to assume the 30 damage point is meant for when konan decide to use the paper clone as a bomb right. Well Second thing I notice is that unlike ninjutsu clone, the paper clone can not relay back message to konan like naruto clones do after being destroyed and the paper clone doesn't have a will of its own according to the jutsu description, konan controls the clone's actions remotely.
3. For me the best thing bout this technique is that unless the paper clone get completely destroyed, konan can still make good use of it either as a trap or distraction or attack, I can go ahead to believe that she can even make another paper clone out of the rumble.

Question:
- am assuming an average ninja wouldn't be able to spot the different between konan and the paper clone, my question is will a sensory ninja be able to? If yes how?

- I notice no "upto such rank" the paper clone can perform, am I to assume the paper clone can perform all paper techniques that konan has?

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
When it comes to your first question, I am not quite certain how would that even be possible. With that said, no, sensory ninjas can not sense through which one is the clone and which one is the real one. When it comes to your second question, I will have to say up to the rank the clone is, which means C rank. However I am gonna check once again when it comes to that and get back to you. :)

Good job by the way^^ Let's get going onto the next technique.

2;12-2;39​

Now although the jutsu says that you need to firstly use body of paper that technique doesn't exist anymore and thus you can just use paper sheets from your body. You will use this technique to turn all sheets of paper from your body into butterflies. You could use this ability for up to 3 turns upon its automatic deactivation. This technique allows you to easily escape many other techniques and fly through the battlefield with ease.

(Kami Chou no Jutsu) - Paper Butterfly technique
Type:Supplementary
Chakra Cost:15
Damage Points:N/A
Description:After using body of paper the user can turn all sheets into paper butterflies.This jutsu lasts for 3 turns.

Avonomemi

Elite
Kin
1,632💸
Kumi
6,119💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Alright I await your findings.
If "body of paper" technique doesn't exist anymore, you should submit a well constructed description for this tech so there would be no more misunderstanding in the future JS

My insight on this isn't much as it is a straight forward technique, simply shape manipulate every paper within her reach into butterflies.
Forming the papers into butterflies give konan some form of flight though it has a setback that is she can't attack while this tech is active, only evade or escape from the opponent's attack. A way I believe konan can overcome this disadvantage is by partial assembling of the paper where only a portion of her (head to waist) is formed allowing her to perform jutsu(s):- this was illustrated in the anime.
Also from the anime even though she scattered into little papers konan doesn't lose sight of her opponent and their actions afterward, that is she is able to act accordingly if any change happens. This removes the blind spot/area factor (a plus advantage if you ask me)

Akasha

Legendary
Kin
1,022💸
Kumi
355💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Worry not about it^^ I am working on something at the moment. Yes and you are correct. Overall it is a pretty basic technique however can be useful at times. Now let's get going onto the next technique.

This is a a very simple technique and I don't think there is much I can say about it due to its simplicity. By infusing chakra into paper sheets and spinning around, the user is able to create a ring which can act as a defense as well as offense (if close to opponent).

( Arai Kami no Jutsu ) - Rough Paper Technique
Type: Offensive, Defense
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: Konan will manipulate her paper and then spin around creating a ring of paper that acts as an attack and defense against opponents in close quarters.