Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
+ Translation credits to traffy/Ap

Luffy suffers in agony . Katakuri finaly admited his strength but , he says " he was distracted" and this gets kata disappointed / (in despair?) .
Flampe shoots with the blowpipe again but luffy avoids it by CoO .

Katakuri notices flampe .
She expected to be praised by her elder brother but He said that it is tedious to interfere in "mens match" . He gets enraged and shows his mouth .
Further more to make himself in the same condition as luffy , he staps himself with his 3 forks-spear . And tells flampe : "If you are laughing at straw-hat then you should laugh at me too " .

Flampe is disillusioned by katakuri's riped mouth . She spits her gum on his face and says that she will not admit him as her older brother anymore .
memories [ " monster " , "pelican eel"] . He throws a clear smile .
Flampe threaten to spread his mouth-picture all over the country .

Luffy and kata both release their CoC . Kata is naked at the upper half of his body and in boxing position .

You must be registered for see images

BusinessManTeno

Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
Lol so much for family huh... Like I said
Dogtooth is trash but he is my fav big mom pirate.. I agree with somebody above said.. He deserves to be in a crew that would compliment him. Big mom crew is just harsh ppl

Central

White Rabbit
Kin
32💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the end, both Pudding and Katakuri had to go through hiding their real selves, how can one family be this much dysfunctional? Altho, Big Mom kept those two near her and gave them important roles compare to others, I wonder if it is related to the fact that she got bullied as a child too.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oda what is this????

Did Katakuri just weaken his own self so Luffy would have a better chance to win????

Man the PIS is real in this one omg.

And where is his trident why is this a damn boxing match???

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Did Katakuri just weaken his own self so Luffy would have a better chance to win?
Is that what egotism, maybe? He believes that he can defeat Luffy having same wound as him. If Luffy died, it would probably bother him knowing that Flambe interfered in their battle. If it wasn't for her, how the course of action would look like? Kinda unknown that how long Flambe been around.
OG sama said:
Where tf is his trident why is this a damn boxing match?
He throw it, maybe? Doesn't take much thought. Again, I would assume it's egotism.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oda what is this????

Did Katakuri just weaken his own self so Luffy would have a better chance to win????

Man the PIS is real in this one omg.

And where is his trident why is this a damn boxing match???
A thing called honor and is it that unexpected that someone who wanted to hide their "faulty" image and never wanted his back to touch the ground has above and beyond honor.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is that what egotism, maybe? He believes that he can defeat Luffy having same wound as him. If Luffy died, it would probably bother him knowing that Flambe interfered in their battle. If it wasn't for her, how the course of action would look like? Kinda unknown that how long Flambe been around.

He throw it, maybe? Doesn't take much thought. Again, I would assume it's egotism.
Man this fight turned out worse than I possibly could have imagined, Oda wrote his self into a Wall. Instead of making everything from last chapter just be foresight, he just decides to weaken Katakuri and have him forsake all his abilities just for a fist fight?

And what ever happened to the guy that was hellbent on killing Luffy because he is a threat to Big Mom and the crew? Did Kata just forget all that?

This is some very crappy ass writing and Oda should have known he was going too far with these ass whooping Luffy was receiving now he makes Kata weaken his own self so Luffy has a chance, absolutely terrible.

A thing called honor and is it that unexpected that someone who wanted to hide their "faulty" image and never wanted his back to touch the ground has above and beyond honor.
Its CIS at its finest, Kata never intended for this battle to drag like it did. He viewed Luffy as a threat to the whole crew but yet he's going to weaken his self because Flambe hit Luffy with a bullet that did nothing?

Last edited by a moderator:

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Man this fight turned out worse than I possibly could have imagined, Oda wrote his self into a Wall. Instead of making everything from last chapter just be foresight, he just decides to weaken Katakuri and have him forsake all his abilities just for a fist fight?

And what ever happened to the guy that was hellbent on killing Luffy because he is a threat to Big Mom and the crew? Did Kata just forget all that?

This is some very crappy ass writing and Oda should have known he was going too far with these ass whooping Luffy was receiving now he makes Kata weaken his own self so Luffy has a chance, absolutely terrible.
Again, it's either egotism or like chopstickchakra said: honor and pride of a warrior Kata takes upon himself. It would be more like the Brogy and Dorry situation when Mr. 3 ruined their manly duel. C'mon. Haven't you played "For Honor"?

Its CIS at its finest, Kata never intended for this battle to drag like it did. He viewed Luffy as a threat to the whole crew but yet he's going to weaken his self because Flambe hit Luffy with a bullet that did nothing?
It's not clear yet how much damage Flambe caused to Luffy. So you have to consider everything.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it did do something, not only did it do damage to the leg which affects mobility, it also distracted him. It is a bit PIS but not as bad as you're playing it, Kata started this fight saying he wasn't gonna underestimate Luffy so him putting his honor before that is a bit out of line from how he started but we also have indications that he's overly proud too, it's not like this attitude just came out of the blue for the first time.

That said the future sight would have been a better play than this.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Again, it's either egotism or like chopstickchakra said: honor and pride of a warrior Kata takes upon himself. It would be more like the Brogy and Dorry situation when Mr. 3 ruined their manly duel. C'mon. Haven't you played "For Honor"?

It's not clear yet how much damage Flambe caused to Luffy. So you have to consider everything.
Well it did do something, not only did it do damage to the leg which affects mobility, it also distracted him. It is a bit PIS but not as bad as you're playing it, Kata started this fight saying he wasn't gonna underestimate Luffy so him putting his honor before that is a bit out of line from how he started but we also have indications that he's overly proud too, it's not like this attitude just came out of the blue for the first time.

That said the future sight would have been a better play than this.
Fair enough I suppose and yes I have played For honor, Kata is different from any villain we have seen before that's for sure, got a whole lot more respect for him than the others now. This probably won't end up as bad as I'm making it seem but I was expecting a different outcome.

Kata is a prideful dude to have put up with all this. Hopefully he gets an honorable defeat, he's definitely a character I can respect.

ArabianLuffy

Elite
Kin
152💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is the second time an opponent would be weakened. How much Doflamingo been weakened by Gamma Knife? Same can be said about Katakuri, but I don't see that abdomen wound Kata inflicted on himself make any difference for the battle. He's much experienced with DF and Haki than Luffy. He's still dominating the fight, but sure Luffy will get through it in ultra hard difficulty.

Damn Flambe. I could see Luffy would gain more experience and endurance after his fight with Kata if things went fair. This formula Oda used on Doffy and Kata if it happened again, I expect a huge disappointment from readers.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
So it seems like Luffy caught a vision of Flambe attacking him with his blowpipe, but couldn't tell that it was a vision. He thought it was happening in real time, and that caused him to lose focus and sloppily dodge Katakuri's trident stab. The blowpipe attack came after, and Luffy dodged; Kata realized what happened and stabbed himself because of her interference.

This is actually great. If this is indeed what's happening, that pretty much redeems the power creeping of Luffy getting his Haki to the point that he can see the future just by fighting Katakuri, but it indicates he still needs training in order to use it as effectively as Katakuri. Not only that, but without training, it's actually a hindrance. Here's hoping Oda does go this route.

Our Lord Sasuke

Regular
Kin
28💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece 894 Spoilers

Luffy is training with Rayleigh to get his observer haki down pat, but he ends up attacking their food rations which pisses Rayleigh off. Luffy is blindfolded and he (Rayleigh) uses armarment on a bat to knock Luffy out.

Luffy: Whoa, I can sense your anger!

Rayleigh: That's Haki, too!!

But since Luffy failed to use Haki properly he goes without dinner and the animals of the forest take pity on him but he refuses to eat. Rayleigh says observer Haki allows one to unconsciously feel the emotions of living things. The strongest users can even see the future a little.

Rayleigh: What will you do if you fight an opponent like that two years from now?

Luffy: I guess it depends on what kinda guy they are...

Rayleigh: Oh? So you're actually interested in their personality? I hadn't even thought of that.

Luffy: But it's obvious?

Luffy is able to dodge Katakuri's attacks at first, but then they start trading blows. Luffy manages to take Katakuri's arm, but he just grows it back.

Scene changes to Bege and it's 10:10. His group is still headed toward Liquer Island, and they're almost there. However Chiffon says they should change course because Liquer is too close, and they should go to Fluffy Island instead. Chiffon reasons that if they take BM to that island and she regains her senses after eating the cake the Strawhats will be far enough away to escape.

BM isn't...looking too great. She's like skeleton skinny now.

10:50, and the sunny is still barely avoiding attacks. Carrot asks if Luffy's won yet, --she's awake now. Chopper asks if Nekomamushi and Inuarashi can do the same (and he's calling her his little sis now.)

11:08, and Pudding comments while riding on the carpet with Sanji that the military and the naval units have luffy pincered in the middle, so she wonders if he can escape.

Sanji: My captain will be here to save me. I know it.

11:36: Charolette family is gathering on the island --the boys from 36-40 and the girls 30-34

Including the 33rd son Raisin, 35th son Yuen (?) 32nd son Brownie, 27th daughter Jorgand, and Snack the 25th son. Everyone's amazed at how many forces are gathered --Luffy must be one hell of a threat.

00:05 and the fight against Katakuri seems to have ended with Luffy on the floor defeated. Katakuri asks if this is all Luffy has.

Luffy struggles to his feet and says he will end it...and activates Gear 4 "Snake Man".

End.